|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ is the prime example of what is happening to the west.
(c) The Netherlands.
(d) Great Britain.
2. Europeans have developed a deep nostalgia for the "good old days of ________________."
(a) Colonial America.
(c) The world being flat.
(d) Soviet Communism.
3. There is also a common passivity among those that witness what attacks on Jews?
4. The terrorists that bombed Madrid wanted the people to vote for ___________ and not for Aznar because Aznar was for the Iraq war and wouldn't pull the troops out.
5. The Denmark writers' organization was about free speech, as long as it _________ the important issues in the world.
(b) Touched upon.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, European countries are using the Muslims to do what?
2. Pim Fortuyn, born in 1948, was the leader of what movement in Europe?
3. The Danes were taking steps in the right direction, but its media and educated members of society were still big on what?
4. On ___________ terrorists attacked Madrid, Spain's capital.
5. He approached his people in a fashion similar to whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Van Gogh? How did others react to this?
2. What happened in Madrid? How did people react to this?
3. What was the major trend in Europe?
4. Describe Avaan Hirsi Ali.
5. How do Western European nations feel about helping the poor?
6. What did Denmark do for its Jews during World War II?
7. Why does the author believe the U.S. will support Western Europe in protecting its freedom?
8. Why did Baum want to keep up with Dutch issues?
9. What did Hirsi want to do for Muslims?
10. What is one reason given by the author for why Europe is so anti America?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)