|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This country worked hard to establish what type of democracy?
(a) A communist democracy.
(b) An American democracy.
(c) A conservative democracy.
(d) A social democracy.
2. For what did people blame the director?
(a) Upsetting the Muslims.
(b) His exile.
(c) His own murder.
(d) Stirring up trouble.
3. A week after the elections in Spain, Israel assassinated Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, who was the founder of the terrorist group _________.
(a) Armed Islamic Group.
(b) Al Qaeda.
(c) National Liberation Army.
4. The American style economy is a danger to them because of what reason?
(a) Its success threatens their economy in that Europe's people may want to shift to American style economy.
(b) Its success means the end of European wealth.
(c) Its success threatens their economy in that European nations will lose power.
(d) Its success means the U.S. will be the most powerful nation on the planet.
5. Ayaan Hirsi Ali was a young Somalian woman living where?
(b) The Netherlands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What system does this country have that is impeccable?
2. One reason why Europe is so anti-American is because America is a _____________ that has succeeded against their social democracy.
3. Britain Home Secretary David Plunkett proposed a bill that would make it illegal to do what?
4. Brix and Hedegaard wrote a book titled what?
5. The Dutch still believe that __________ is a possible ideal, despite the fact that it does not work.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Denmark do for its Jews during World War II?
2. Who was Pim Fortuyn? What were his beliefs?
3. What is one reason given by the author for why Europe is so anti America?
4. How do Western European nations feel about helping the poor?
5. Why did Baum want to keep up with Dutch issues?
6. Who fought the norm in Denmark? What were the results of their actions?
7. How was the Dutch citizenry wiser than its government?
8. Describe Germany's economy.
9. What happened to London? What was Prime Minister Tony Blair's response? How was Europe affected by this?
10. What proof does the author give that anti-Semitism in France is spreading like an epidemic?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)