|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Netherlands not protect their Jews and their belongings?
(a) They could not afford to protect them.
(b) It is hard for a Dutch person to accept another non-ethnic Dutch native, as a Dutch.
(c) They did not realize the seriousness of the situation.
(d) They thought they could protect themselves.
2. Why were the Social Democrats not protecting these people?
(a) They did not have the means of protecting them.
(b) They did not know how to protect them.
(c) They were afraid to protect them.
(d) It was politically incorrect to do so.
3. Why do many Europeans not believe that they can help the poor through trade?
(a) They believe that wealth creates poverty.
(b) They believe that wealth creates wealth.
(c) They do not believe that wealth creates wealth.
(d) They do not believe that wealth creates poverty.
4. For what did people blame the director?
(a) His own murder.
(b) Stirring up trouble.
(c) His exile.
(d) Upsetting the Muslims.
5. After moving to Oslo, Baum made sure he kept up with _________ issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Spaniards were convinced, especially by the attacks, that Aznar was to blame for the bombings because he had gotten too close to whom?
2. Even after September 11th, Europe continued to believe what?
3. What did Europeans want?
4. What in France is spreading like an epidemic?
5. European authorities believe that when a Muslim attacks a Jewish person, it is because of what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in Madrid? How did people react to this?
2. What does the author say about the German government? What is Baum's response to this?
3. Who was Pim Fortuyn? What were his beliefs?
4. Describe Avaan Hirsi Ali.
5. Describe Germany's economy.
6. What is one reason given by the author for why Europe is so anti America?
7. What did Hirsi want to do for Muslims?
8. How do Western European nations feel about helping the poor?
9. What happened with the European Union tried to get its constitution out?
10. Who is Johan Galtung? What are Galtung's beliefs?
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)