|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On July 7th, 2005, what happened?
(a) Madrid was attacked.
(b) Paris was attacked.
(c) Oslo was attacked.
(d) London was attacked.
2. Weeks after the film debut, what happened to its director?
(a) He was exiled.
(b) He was butchered on an Amsterdam street.
(c) He moved to the U.S. fearing for his life.
(d) He was threatened.
3. A week after the elections in Spain, Israel assassinated Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, who was the founder of the terrorist group _________.
(a) Al Qaeda.
(b) Armed Islamic Group.
(d) National Liberation Army.
4. Why do some of these European Muslims hate the terrorists?
(a) They fear them.
(b) They make life difficult.
(c) The terrorists defamed their religion and their culture.
(d) They are an embarrassment to Islam.
5. Germans, and most Europeans, do not realize that freedom and prosperity are ________ the default condition of the human species.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______________ was a government venture to deport radical Islamists.
2. He was vilified by other Western European nations as what?
3. The Dutch still believe that __________ is a possible ideal, despite the fact that it does not work.
4. She wrote a film called _____________.
5. This Prime Minister prohibited people from importing spouses, and people could not marry until they were at least _________, which gave women more chance to mature and choose their own destiny (at least this was the theory).
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hirsi write? Describe this.
2. How does the author end the book?
3. What was the major trend in Europe?
4. What proof does the author give that anti-Semitism in France is spreading like an epidemic?
5. How was the Dutch citizenry wiser than its government?
6. What happened in Denmark after the 9/11 attacks? How did the Prime Minister deal with this?
7. What happened to Van Gogh? How did others react to this?
8. Why did the Netherlands not protect their Jews?
9. What did Denmark do for its Jews during World War II?
10. What happened to London? What was Prime Minister Tony Blair's response? How was Europe affected by this?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)