|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Denmark writers' organization was about free speech, as long as it _________ the important issues in the world.
(b) Touched upon.
2. Europe needs to fight against whom?
(a) The U.S.
(b) Those who want them to change.
(c) Those that oppress freedom of others.
3. For ______________ this country fought against intruders.
4. Brix and Hedegaard wrote a book titled what?
(a) In the House of Allah: Islam's War Against the West.
(b) In the House of War: Islam's Colonization of the West.
(c) In the House of the Devil: Islam's Colonization of the West.
(d) In the House of Allah: Islam's Colonization of the West.
5. What did Hirsi want to do?
(a) Build Islamic centers.
(b) Encourage others to understand the Islamic faith.
(c) Force all Muslims to leave the country.
(d) Curb immigration, stop the Islamic schools, and work harder to protect women's lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the media and the establishment condemned the action, many Europeans, including more than ________ percent of Norwegians supported it showing that the common people wanted to preserve their liberty and have their voices heard.
2. What did Europeans want?
3. The Danes were taking steps in the right direction, but its media and educated members of society were still big on what?
4. During the first uprising in 1983 between Israel and Palestine, the Jews were portrayed as _________________.
5. After death threats, Hirsi moved to the U.S. for a few years but returned to Europe to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the Dutch citizenry wiser than its government?
2. What happened in Denmark after the 9/11 attacks? How did the Prime Minister deal with this?
3. Who fought the norm in Denmark? What were the results of their actions?
4. Why did Baum want to keep up with Dutch issues?
5. Who was Pim Fortuyn? What were his beliefs?
6. What was the establishment's response to the public's dislike of their constitution?
7. What happened to Van Gogh? How did others react to this?
8. What happened with the European Union tried to get its constitution out?
9. What happened in Madrid? How did people react to this?
10. What do many European authorities believe about Muslim attacks on Jews?
This section contains 1,172 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)