|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Western European nations believe that the best way to help the poor is by doing what?
(a) Letting them immigrate to Europe.
(b) Pouring in aid into their countries.
(c) Praying for them.
(d) Trading with poor nations.
2. Pim Fortuyn, born in 1948, was the leader of what movement in Europe?
(a) The pro-Israeli.
(b) The anti-Islamization.
(c) The pro-Islamization.
(d) The anti-American.
3. Countries that have adopted the liberal democracy, like Britain and Ireland, have _____________.
(a) Improved a little.
(b) Stayed the same.
4. On July 7th, 2005, what happened?
(a) Madrid was attacked.
(b) Oslo was attacked.
(c) London was attacked.
(d) Paris was attacked.
5. Why do many Europeans not believe that they can help the poor through trade?
(a) They believe that wealth creates poverty.
(b) They do not believe that wealth creates wealth.
(c) They believe that wealth creates wealth.
(d) They do not believe that wealth creates poverty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Pim?
2. After moving to Oslo, Baum made sure he kept up with _________ issues.
3. The Dutch still believe that __________ is a possible ideal, despite the fact that it does not work.
4. He was vilified by other Western European nations as what?
5. Europeans remain convinced that the Jews are the __________ that needed to be stopped.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Netherlands not protect their Jews?
2. What happened in Madrid? How did people react to this?
3. What do many European authorities believe about Muslim attacks on Jews?
4. How did Germany begin to deal with immigration?
5. What was the major trend in Europe?
6. How are Muslims a problem in schools?
7. What happened in Denmark after the 9/11 attacks? How did the Prime Minister deal with this?
8. What is one reason given by the author for why Europe is so anti America?
9. Who is Johan Galtung? What are Galtung's beliefs?
10. What does the author say about the German government? What is Baum's response to this?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)