|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A week after the elections in Spain, Israel assassinated Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, who was the founder of the terrorist group _________.
(b) Al Qaeda.
(c) National Liberation Army.
(d) Armed Islamic Group.
2. The Dutch approach to immigration and integration was what approach?
(a) "Let's work together."
(b) "If you can't follow the rules, don't live here."
(c) "Do your thing and let me do mine."
(d) "Either you're Dutch, or you're not."
3. Europe treated Arafat, Palestine's most beloved leader, as a second _________, despite all of the hate that he preached and all of his people that he impoverished while accepting European aid.
(a) King David.
4. Ayaan Hirsi Ali was a young Somalian woman living where?
(d) The Netherlands.
5. Who were the weakest people in the Netherlands?
(a) Native Dutch.
(b) Muslim women.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the European Union tried to get its constitution out, the people showed up in large numbers to do what?
2. After moving to Oslo, Baum made sure he kept up with _________ issues.
3. Did the people want to accept the terms of the constitution?
4. What in France is spreading like an epidemic?
5. Europeans remain convinced that the Jews are the __________ that needed to be stopped.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the major trend in Europe?
2. What did Hirsi want to do for Muslims?
3. How does the author end the book?
4. What did Denmark do for its Jews during World War II?
5. What happened to London? What was Prime Minister Tony Blair's response? How was Europe affected by this?
6. Who fought the norm in Denmark? What were the results of their actions?
7. What does the author say about the German government? What is Baum's response to this?
8. Why did the Netherlands not protect their Jews?
9. What did Hirsi write? Describe this.
10. What do many European authorities believe about Muslim attacks on Jews?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)