|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Olaf Gersemann, a German writer, tried to break the stereotypes that Europeans have towards Americans by writing a book called what?
(a) Colonial Capitalism.
(b) United Capitalism.
(c) Cowboy Capitalism.
(d) American Capitalism.
2. Two journalists who fought against the norm, Helle Merete Brix and Lars Hedegaard, were condoned for the freedom they took to write about Islam by the Danish chapter of ________.
3. Germany began to prohibit what?
(a) Muslim immigration.
(b) Praying to Mecca.
(c) Headscarves and forced marriage.
(d) Attending mosques.
4. They worked hard to protect their country from the sea with what?
(a) Dykes and dams.
(b) Dykes and walls.
(c) Walls and dams.
(d) Nets and walls.
5. Europeans have developed a deep nostalgia for the "good old days of ________________."
(b) Colonial America.
(c) Soviet Communism.
(d) The world being flat.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, European countries are using the Muslims to do what?
2. Countries that have adopted the liberal democracy, like Britain and Ireland, have _____________.
3. Johan Galtung is a Scandinavian man and known as the "______________ of the international peace studies movement."
4. Denmark had saved its Jews during WWII. Would it do that now?
5. Galtung has received numerous awards and honorary degrees and has held several jobs with international agencies. He is the one that introduced the idea that all international conflict can be settled through what?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)