|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the weakest people in the Netherlands?
(c) Muslim women.
(d) Native Dutch.
2. On July 7th, 2005, what happened?
(a) London was attacked.
(b) Madrid was attacked.
(c) Paris was attacked.
(d) Oslo was attacked.
3. The Dutch still believe that __________ is a possible ideal, despite the fact that it does not work.
(a) Separate but equal.
(b) Affirmative action.
(d) A melting pot society.
4. He disproved myth after myth and showed that Europe's high-tax society was _______________ the American liberal democracy.
(a) Superior to.
(b) Not superior to.
(c) Similar to.
(d) The same as.
5. When the European Union tried to get its constitution out, the people showed up in large numbers to do what?
(a) Turn it down.
(b) Understand it.
(c) Question it.
(d) Support it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Western European nations believe that the best way to help the poor is by doing what?
2. After moving to Oslo, Baum made sure he kept up with _________ issues.
3. The Spaniards were convinced, especially by the attacks, that Aznar was to blame for the bombings because he had gotten too close to whom?
4. They worked hard to protect their country from the sea with what?
5. Johan Galtung is a Scandinavian man and known as the "______________ of the international peace studies movement."
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say about the German government? What is Baum's response to this?
2. What happened to London? What was Prime Minister Tony Blair's response? How was Europe affected by this?
3. Why might it be a problem if Europe wanted to switch to an American style economy?
4. How are Muslims a problem in schools?
5. Why did the Netherlands not protect their Jews?
6. What was the major trend in Europe?
7. Who fought the norm in Denmark? What were the results of their actions?
8. What did Hirsi want to do for Muslims?
9. What is one reason given by the author for why Europe is so anti America?
10. What happened in Madrid? How did people react to this?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)