|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Danes were taking steps in the right direction, but its media and educated members of society were still big on what?
(a) Telling the truth about terrorism.
(b) Censorship and walking the line of political correctness.
(c) Protecting their Jews.
(d) Supporting the U.S.
2. She knew that Social Democrats were big on protecting who?
(a) The weak.
(b) The rich.
(c) The powerful.
3. Despite the fact that the German economy was growing, what was rising?
(a) Population growth and high employment.
(b) Population growth and high unemployment.
(c) Low population growth and high employment.
(d) Low population growth and high unemployment.
4. He disproved myth after myth and showed that Europe's high-tax society was _______________ the American liberal democracy.
(a) Superior to.
(b) Not superior to.
(c) Similar to.
(d) The same as.
5. For ______________ this country fought against intruders.
Short Answer Questions
1. After moving to Oslo, Baum made sure he kept up with _________ issues.
2. Did the people want to accept the terms of the constitution?
3. _______________ was a government venture to deport radical Islamists.
4. For years Europeans thought that the attacks on the World Trade Center had nothing to do with them. What did the attack on Spain do?
5. Even after September 11th, Europe continued to believe what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Netherlands not protect their Jews?
2. What proof does the author give that anti-Semitism in France is spreading like an epidemic?
3. How do Western European nations feel about helping the poor?
4. How does the author end the book?
5. Describe Avaan Hirsi Ali.
6. Who was Pim Fortuyn? What were his beliefs?
7. What happened to London? What was Prime Minister Tony Blair's response? How was Europe affected by this?
8. What did Denmark do for its Jews during World War II?
9. How are Muslims a problem in schools?
10. What does the author say about the German government? What is Baum's response to this?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)