|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do many Europeans not believe that they can help the poor through trade?
(a) They do not believe that wealth creates poverty.
(b) They believe that wealth creates wealth.
(c) They do not believe that wealth creates wealth.
(d) They believe that wealth creates poverty.
2. On July 7th, 2005, what happened?
(a) Paris was attacked.
(b) Oslo was attacked.
(c) London was attacked.
(d) Madrid was attacked.
3. He also believes that America's readiness to do what makes it the biggest threat to world peace and the most dangerous terrorist?
(a) Fight against tyranny.
(b) Make peace with the Arab world.
(c) Ignore problems.
(d) Blame others.
4. Olaf Gersemann, a German writer, tried to break the stereotypes that Europeans have towards Americans by writing a book called what?
(a) Colonial Capitalism.
(b) United Capitalism.
(c) American Capitalism.
(d) Cowboy Capitalism.
5. What did Hirsi want to do?
(a) Curb immigration, stop the Islamic schools, and work harder to protect women's lives.
(b) Force all Muslims to leave the country.
(c) Encourage others to understand the Islamic faith.
(d) Build Islamic centers.
Short Answer Questions
1. One reason why Europe is so anti-American is because America is a _____________ that has succeeded against their social democracy.
2. The Danes were taking steps in the right direction, but its media and educated members of society were still big on what?
3. The terrorists that bombed Madrid wanted the people to vote for ___________ and not for Aznar because Aznar was for the Iraq war and wouldn't pull the troops out.
4. Even after September 11th, Europe continued to believe what?
5. The Dutch approach to immigration and integration was what approach?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Baum want to keep up with Dutch issues?
2. Describe Avaan Hirsi Ali.
3. Describe Germany's economy.
4. How are Muslims a problem in schools?
5. Who is Johan Galtung? What are Galtung's beliefs?
6. What did Hirsi want to do for Muslims?
7. What did Europe think of Arafat?
8. What did Hirsi write? Describe this.
9. How was the Dutch citizenry wiser than its government?
10. Why does the author believe the U.S. will support Western Europe in protecting its freedom?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)