|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. These two negative factors were common in nations that had what policies?
2. After 9/11 Muslims in ___________ applauded the attacks, celebrating in the streets and calling on a holy war of their society as well.
(b) Great Britain.
3. Anti-Americanism in Europe is so deep and intense that they often reminisce of what time?
(a) When America was not so powerful.
(b) When America did not exist.
(c) When America was attacked.
(d) When America was a colony.
4. While the media and the establishment condemned the action, many Europeans, including more than ________ percent of Norwegians supported it showing that the common people wanted to preserve their liberty and have their voices heard.
5. What did Hirsi want to do?
(a) Force all Muslims to leave the country.
(b) Encourage others to understand the Islamic faith.
(c) Curb immigration, stop the Islamic schools, and work harder to protect women's lives.
(d) Build Islamic centers.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what did people blame the director?
2. This country worked hard to establish what type of democracy?
3. What was the major trend in Western Europe?
4. Ayaan Hirsi Ali was a young Somalian woman living where?
5. What happened to Pim?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Baum want to keep up with Dutch issues?
2. Describe Germany's economy.
3. How do Western European nations feel about helping the poor?
4. What happened with the European Union tried to get its constitution out?
5. How was the Dutch citizenry wiser than its government?
6. Why might it be a problem if Europe wanted to switch to an American style economy?
7. Describe Avaan Hirsi Ali.
8. What do many European authorities believe about Muslim attacks on Jews?
9. Why does the author believe the U.S. will support Western Europe in protecting its freedom?
10. What is one reason given by the author for why Europe is so anti America?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)