|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After moving to Oslo, Baum made sure he kept up with _________ issues.
2. Germans, and most Europeans, do not realize that freedom and prosperity are ________ the default condition of the human species.
3. After death threats, Hirsi moved to the U.S. for a few years but returned to Europe to do what?
(a) Accept a position with the Spanish parliament to continue her activism.
(b) Accept a position with the British parliament to continue her activism.
(c) Accept a position with the French parliament to continue her activism.
(d) Accept a position with the Dutch parliament to continue her activism.
4. After 9/11 Muslims in ___________ applauded the attacks, celebrating in the streets and calling on a holy war of their society as well.
(d) Great Britain.
5. Germany began to prohibit what?
(a) Praying to Mecca.
(b) Headscarves and forced marriage.
(c) Attending mosques.
(d) Muslim immigration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do many Europeans not believe that they can help the poor through trade?
2. Two journalists who fought against the norm, Helle Merete Brix and Lars Hedegaard, were condoned for the freedom they took to write about Islam by the Danish chapter of ________.
3. A Muslim assailant in Paris stabbed a Jewish boy to death yelling, "God is great." What did the Paris officials do?
4. What system does this country have that is impeccable?
5. Olaf Gersemann, a German writer, tried to break the stereotypes that Europeans have towards Americans by writing a book called what?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)