|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Europeans compare ________________ to American democracy.
(b) Nazi Germany.
2. How do Americans view history?
(a) As facts.
(b) As something about which to be critically thoughtful.
(c) As a bunch of lies.
(d) As something to be proud of.
3. What are young Islamics taught about non-Muslims?
(a) They are the friends of Muslims.
(b) They are very intelligent.
(c) They are to be feared.
(d) They are infidels and do not deserve any respect, nor do their laws.
4. What was the name of this man's autobiography?
(a) My Life.
(b) In My Own Words.
(c) My Muhammad.
(d) Allah, in My Own Words.
5. An Islamic person who participates in Western culture brings __________________ to his family and religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what are these Muslims leaders?
2. Muslim immigrants are usually from where, which means they are more conservative and against Western values?
3. The similarities between Norwegians and the Dutch were ______________ their differences.
4. Europeans assumed that any immigrants would eventually "melt" into the general culture of the country in which they settle. Is this is true of fundamental Muslims?
5. Immigrant Muslims take advantage of ________________________ of the European community.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe immigration and integration in Europe.
2. Describe the 68ers.
3. Why are Europeans wrong in assuming that any immigrants would eventually "melt" into the general culture of the country in which they settle?
4. Describe Muslim immigrants.
5. Describe European politicians.
6. What facts does the author give about rape? What is Unni Wikan's response to these rapes?
7. Describe the exploitation of the Western welfare states' generosity.
8. What is a cultural practice among Muslims that would be legally punished if practiced by other groups in European countries? What is Wikan's response to this?
9. What are young Islamists taught?
10. How important is freedom to Americans?
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)