|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the European tolerance of differences in beliefs plus the lack of help in integrating into their new home, create?
(a) A content, yet isolated Muslim community.
(b) An environment of isolation for the Muslim community.
(c) A "separate but equal" state.
(d) A comfortable way for both Muslims and Europeans to live in peace.
2. When this Muslim leader would walk the streets, Norwegians who recognized him did what?
(a) Avoided him.
(b) Cursed him for speaking out against the U.S. and capitalism.
(c) Feared him.
(d) Applauded him for speaking out against the U.S. and capitalism.
3. What are these Muslims called?
4. What did this Muslim leader call 9/11?
(a) A gift from God.
(b) A surprise.
(c) A great disaster.
(d) A mistake.
5. Bush was whose puppet, according to some Europeans?
(a) The Muslim's.
(b) The American people's.
(c) His father's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are young Islamics taught about non-Muslims?
2. One of the prime examples of Europeans "faintness of heart" when dealing with Muslim's is the story of whom?
3. Despite all of this European confederation, and EU unity, most Europeans are _____________ one another's cultures.
4. What do journalists believe it is their job to do?
5. Someone in Norway created an e-mail petition called what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the 68ers.
2. Describe immigration and integration in Europe.
3. How are Muslims a problem in schools?
4. How do most Europeans view immigrants? How does this compare to the American view of immigrants?
5. Why did the Netherlands not protect their Jews?
6. How and why has Europe come to this point regarding their immigrants?
7. What did Hirsi want to do for Muslims?
8. According to the author, there is a clear difference between American and European thinking. What is this difference?
9. How important is freedom to Americans?
10. Describe European politicians.
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)