|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is a clear difference between American and European _________________.
2. Bush was whose puppet, according to some Europeans?
(a) The American people's.
(c) His father's.
(d) The Muslim's.
3. As the days went by, Europeans lashed out their sentiments against Americans, stating what?
(a) They attacked themselves.
(b) They attacked the Muslims.
(c) They deserved the attacks.
(d) They had brought the attacks upon themselves.
4. What are these Muslims called?
5. He believes many of the Arab immigrants are actually what?
(d) Islamic fundamentalists.
Short Answer Questions
1. If a job opens up for a doctor or an educator, and a Muslim is exceedingly more qualified than ten of his or her European colleagues, the job will more likely go to whom?
2. The ______________________ attitude seems to Bawer to be a positive thing until he noticed the social effects of it.
3. She argued that if Europe continues to do what, the result will be the "preservation of the migrant's separateness, particularisms," and reason for them to maintain the legal ideals of their countries of origin?
4. Those Muslims who live in Europe are constantly augmented by new immigrants from Arab countries, who re-infuse what?
5. Europeans assumed that any immigrants would eventually "melt" into the general culture of the country in which they settle. Is this is true of fundamental Muslims?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the narrator react to the attacks on 9/11?
2. Describe Muslim immigrants.
3. Describe European politicians.
4. What did the narrator encounter in Norway?
5. Why are Europeans wrong in assuming that any immigrants would eventually "melt" into the general culture of the country in which they settle?
6. What does the author learn is happening to certain writers in the Netherlands? Why is this happening?
7. According to the author, there is a clear difference between American and European thinking. What is this difference?
8. Who is Mullah Krekar?
9. What is a cultural practice among Muslims that would be legally punished if practiced by other groups in European countries? What is Wikan's response to this?
10. Describe immigration and integration in Europe.
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)