|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Eastern Europeans support this?
(a) They do not like Americans.
(b) Their memories of Communism were still vivid and they understood the need to fight for freedom.
(c) They support decisions made and the ideas of Western Europe.
(d) They know they need the U.S.'s support.
2. Western Europeans said that the Soviet Union had its merits, especially by providing what?
(a) Support for all things European.
(b) Financial support.
(c) A good example of Communism.
(d) A balance of power against the U.S.
3. Why is corruption high in Muslim countries?
(a) They want to grab everything they can before it is gone.
(b) They are very sneaky.
(c) It is in their blood to be corrupt.
(d) They do not have morals.
4. Unni Wikan, a social anthropology professor at the University of Oslo, stated that the Muslim men should not be tried to so harshly, and that the women were at fault for what reason?
(a) Because of the way they dress.
(b) Because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
(c) Because they had encouraged the men.
(d) Because they were not Muslim.
5. The message thanks Americans for giving the world Abraham Lincoln, Jimi Hendrix, Julia Roberts, Miles Davis, and a continuing list of ________________.
(a) Political leaders.
(c) Pop culture classics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only reason that America cares about the "takeover" of Europe by Islamic fundamentalists?
2. To what will France have to succumb?
3. The similarities between Norwegians and the Dutch were ______________ their differences.
4. Did any European countries support Bush's invasion of Iraq?
5. One of the prime examples of Europeans "faintness of heart" when dealing with Muslim's is the story of whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How important is freedom to Americans?
2. Describe European politicians.
3. What did the narrator encounter in Norway?
4. How do most Europeans view immigrants? How does this compare to the American view of immigrants?
5. Describe European journalists.
6. Of what have immigrant Muslims taken advantage?
7. What is Paris becoming? How does the author support this?
8. What are young Islamists taught?
9. What is a cultural practice among Muslims that would be legally punished if practiced by other groups in European countries? What is Wikan's response to this?
10. How else does the author say about France and its Muslim population?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)