|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He believes many of the Arab immigrants are actually what?
(d) Islamic fundamentalists.
2. How many of the 5 million Muslims in France reside in Paris?
(a) 1.5 million.
(b) 2.5 million.
(c) 3.5 million.
(d) 4.5 million.
3. Who is this Muslim leader?
(a) An Iraqi Shi'ite that moved to Norway as a refugee in 1991.
(b) An Israeli Jew that moved to Norway as a refugee in 1991.
(c) An Saudi Arabian that moved to Norway as a refugee in 1991.
(d) An Iraqi Kurd that moved to Norway as a refugee in 1991.
4. Why is corruption high in Muslim countries?
(a) They are very sneaky.
(b) They do not have morals.
(c) It is in their blood to be corrupt.
(d) They want to grab everything they can before it is gone.
5. Bush was whose puppet, according to some Europeans?
(b) The Muslim's.
(c) His father's.
(d) The American people's.
Short Answer Questions
1. In some areas of France, why do even non-Muslim girls will wear veils?
2. According to the author, the ____________, Europe's version of the sixties generation shaped the political correctness that is the establishment today.
3. Bawer searched for information about the Islamists in the Netherlands, and found mostly what?
4. For what do both the Dutch and Norwegians have a need?
5. Western Europeans said that the Soviet Union had its merits, especially by providing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of what have immigrant Muslims taken advantage?
2. Who is Mullah Krekar?
3. Describe European politicians.
4. According to the author, there is a clear difference between American and European thinking. What is this difference?
5. What is a cultural practice among Muslims that would be legally punished if practiced by other groups in European countries? What is Wikan's response to this?
6. Why are Europeans wrong in assuming that any immigrants would eventually "melt" into the general culture of the country in which they settle?
7. What is the European view of the world?
8. Describe attacks on gays by Muslims. How did the authorities respond to these attacks?
9. Why do Europeans want to avoid war? How does this desire affect them?
10. How important is freedom to Americans?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)