|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What belief is cultivated in the Muslim culture?
(a) Europe is just like America.
(b) An us versus them belief.
(c) A desire to join European society.
(d) Europe is safe.
2. The narrator and his partner move to _____________________ on April 1, 1999.
(a) Stockholm, Sweden.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Oslo, Norway.
(d) London, England.
3. Europeans assumed that any immigrants would eventually "melt" into the general culture of the country in which they settle. Is this is true of fundamental Muslims?
(a) No, because they still retain their restrictive ways of living.
(b) No, because the do not have the money.
(c) No, because they do not speak the language.
4. Europeans compare ________________ to American democracy.
(a) Nazi Germany.
5. Ann Lindh, a Swedish minister for foreign affairs, was the forerunner for what?
(a) Encouraging anti-Islamic protests.
(b) Trying to start dialogue with Arab countries.
(c) Supporting American ideas.
(d) Trying to enforce immigration laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. In September of 2001, "non-Western immigrants" who are synonymous with Muslims committed _________ of rapes.
2. What are these Muslims called?
3. Western Europeans said that the Soviet Union had its merits, especially by providing what?
4. Why are the younger Muslims an increasing challenge to French society?
5. To what will France have to succumb?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the European media so different from the media in the U.S.?
2. What is Paris becoming? How does the author support this?
3. Who is Mullah Krekar?
4. Of what is Bawer convinced? Why?
5. What did the narrator encounter in Norway?
6. Who is Ann Lindh? Describe her work.
7. How and why has Europe come to this point regarding their immigrants?
8. Of what have immigrant Muslims taken advantage?
9. Describe European journalists.
10. What did many Europeans believe about George Bush?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)