|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did any European countries support Bush's invasion of Iraq?
(a) No, none.
(b) Yes, some.
(c) Yes, all of them.
(d) Yes, very few.
2. In some areas of France, why do even non-Muslim girls will wear veils?
(a) They have respect for the Muslim culture.
(b) They think the veils are pretty.
(c) To protect themselves from the beurs.
(d) They want to be like their Muslim friends.
3. What are young Islamics taught about non-Muslims?
(a) They are infidels and do not deserve any respect, nor do their laws.
(b) They are the friends of Muslims.
(c) They are to be feared.
(d) They are very intelligent.
4. Ann Lindh, a Swedish minister for foreign affairs, was the forerunner for what?
(a) Trying to enforce immigration laws.
(b) Trying to start dialogue with Arab countries.
(c) Encouraging anti-Islamic protests.
(d) Supporting American ideas.
5. Bawer is convinced that what will eventually take place between Islamic fundamentalism and European liberalism?
(a) A mutual understanding.
(c) A clash.
(d) A separation.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator believes that the European attitude has created what?
2. Bawer searched for information about the Islamists in the Netherlands, and found mostly what?
3. The media in Norway, and much of Europe, is taught to do what?
4. Why have Europeans not diverged from this view regarding the government?
5. Part of the cultural difference between Americans and the Dutch, and other Europeans is that the Europeans tend to be ___________________, compared the the Americans who are more judgmental about differences.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Paris becoming? How does the author support this?
2. Describe Muslim immigrants.
3. What is a cultural practice among Muslims that would be legally punished if practiced by other groups in European countries? What is Wikan's response to this?
4. Of what have immigrant Muslims taken advantage?
5. Describe European politicians.
6. Why do Europeans want to avoid war? How does this desire affect them?
7. How else does the author say about France and its Muslim population?
8. According to the author, there is a clear difference between American and European thinking. What is this difference?
9. Who is Ann Lindh? Describe her work.
10. Describe the 68ers.
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)