|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On September 11th, 2001, the Narrator was in ________ and turned the TV on in time to see the second plane hit the World Trade Center.
2. When the narrator went to the police regarding the physical violence that took place against him, what did they do?
(a) They sent him back to the U.S.
(b) They blamed him for the attack.
(c) They urged him to not press charges.
(d) They worked to catch those who had attacked him.
3. She argued that if Europe continues to do what, the result will be the "preservation of the migrant's separateness, particularisms," and reason for them to maintain the legal ideals of their countries of origin?
(a) Not allow Arab immigrants into their countries.
(b) Accept Arab immigrants without helping or making them integrate.
(c) Be influenced by American thinking.
(d) Judge others by their beliefs.
4. Did any European countries support Bush's invasion of Iraq?
(a) No, none.
(b) Yes, all of them.
(c) Yes, very few.
(d) Yes, some.
5. The similarities between Norwegians and the Dutch were ______________ their differences.
(a) Less than.
(b) The same as.
(c) Similar to.
(d) More than.
Short Answer Questions
1. If a job opens up for a doctor or an educator, and a Muslim is exceedingly more qualified than ten of his or her European colleagues, the job will more likely go to whom?
2. What was the name of this man's autobiography?
3. Unni Wikan, a social anthropology professor at the University of Oslo, stated that the Muslim men should not be tried to so harshly, and that the women were at fault for what reason?
4. Europeans want to ignore __________ to prevent war.
5. Western Europeans said that the Soviet Union had its merits, especially by providing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the 68ers.
2. What is Paris becoming? How does the author support this?
3. Why is the European media so different from the media in the U.S.?
4. How did the narrator react to the attacks on 9/11?
5. Describe attacks on gays by Muslims. How did the authorities respond to these attacks?
6. Of what is Bawer convinced? Why?
7. What did many Europeans believe about George Bush?
8. Who is Mullah Krekar?
9. Describe the Norwegian e-mail petition.
10. Do Europeans embrace each other's cultures?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)