|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the prime examples of Europeans "faintness of heart" when dealing with Muslim's is the story of whom?
(a) Mullah Nasreddin.
(b) Mullah Muhammed.
(c) Mullah Krekar.
(d) Mullah Ali.
2. Europeans compare ________________ to American democracy.
(b) Nazi Germany.
3. What does the European tolerance of differences in beliefs plus the lack of help in integrating into their new home, create?
(a) A "separate but equal" state.
(b) An environment of isolation for the Muslim community.
(c) A comfortable way for both Muslims and Europeans to live in peace.
(d) A content, yet isolated Muslim community.
4. Europeans believed that Bush was just using the invasions to do what?
(a) Fight his father's war.
(b) Get rich.
(c) Get attention.
(d) Grab oil.
5. Immigrant Muslims take advantage of ________________________ of the European community.
(a) The liberal social spending.
(b) The wealth.
(c) The poorly-run programs.
(d) The conservative spending.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bush was whose puppet, according to some Europeans?
2. If a job opens up for a doctor or an educator, and a Muslim is exceedingly more qualified than ten of his or her European colleagues, the job will more likely go to whom?
3. He believes many of the Arab immigrants are actually what?
4. Did any European countries support Bush's invasion of Iraq?
5. European politicians are ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Europeans wrong in assuming that any immigrants would eventually "melt" into the general culture of the country in which they settle?
2. Describe immigration and integration in Europe.
3. What is Paris becoming? How does the author support this?
4. Describe the 68ers.
5. How important is freedom to Americans?
6. What does the author learn is happening to certain writers in the Netherlands? Why is this happening?
7. Describe European politicians.
8. What is a cultural practice among Muslims that would be legally punished if practiced by other groups in European countries? What is Wikan's response to this?
9. Why is the European media so different from the media in the U.S.?
10. What did the narrator encounter in Norway?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)