|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bawer learns from a friend in the Netherlands that Muslim radicals are terrorizing and murdering who?
(a) European politicians who speak out against Islam.
(b) Any writer who writes negative information about the Muslim culture/religion.
(d) Muslim children.
2. Europeans compare ________________ to American democracy.
(d) Nazi Germany.
3. Paris is becoming more of ________ city every day.
(a) An urban.
(b) A communist.
(c) A Muslim.
(d) A dangerous.
4. The narrator and his partner move to _____________________ on April 1, 1999.
(a) London, England.
(b) Stockholm, Sweden.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Oslo, Norway.
5. What are young Islamics taught about non-Muslims?
(a) They are to be feared.
(b) They are the friends of Muslims.
(c) They are very intelligent.
(d) They are infidels and do not deserve any respect, nor do their laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator went to the police regarding the physical violence that took place against him, what did they do?
2. In September of 2001, "non-Western immigrants" who are synonymous with Muslims committed _________ of rapes.
3. Bawer is convinced that what will eventually take place between Islamic fundamentalism and European liberalism?
4. Bawer searched for information about the Islamists in the Netherlands, and found mostly what?
5. Cultural walls are very high and they don't embrace even each other's pop culture as much as they do ___________ pop culture.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do most Europeans view immigrants? How does this compare to the American view of immigrants?
2. Of what is Bawer convinced? Why?
3. Who is Ann Lindh? Describe her work.
4. How and why has Europe come to this point regarding their immigrants?
5. Describe European journalists.
6. How important is freedom to Americans?
7. Describe Muslim immigrants.
8. What did many Europeans believe about George Bush?
9. What is a cultural practice among Muslims that would be legally punished if practiced by other groups in European countries? What is Wikan's response to this?
10. What facts does the author give about rape? What is Unni Wikan's response to these rapes?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)