|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In September of 2001, "non-Western immigrants" who are synonymous with Muslims committed _________ of rapes.
2. What does the European tolerance of differences in beliefs plus the lack of help in integrating into their new home, create?
(a) A "separate but equal" state.
(b) A content, yet isolated Muslim community.
(c) An environment of isolation for the Muslim community.
(d) A comfortable way for both Muslims and Europeans to live in peace.
3. What is the only reason that America cares about the "takeover" of Europe by Islamic fundamentalists?
(a) The freedom of the world is at stake.
(b) The symbolic West is being threatened.
(c) They care about Europe.
(d) They are of European descent.
4. The Norwegians were heavily populated with what?
5. He writes that he had never felt more ______________ and being in Europe made him see that America and Europe were the heartland of democracy and both were at war with a common enemy that threatened the West.
Short Answer Questions
1. Europeans see government as what?
2. Bawer is convinced that what will eventually take place between Islamic fundamentalism and European liberalism?
3. What did this Muslim leader call 9/11?
4. Muslim immigrants are usually from where, which means they are more conservative and against Western values?
5. European politicians are ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Do Europeans embrace each other's cultures?
2. According to the author, there is a clear difference between American and European thinking. What is this difference?
3. Describe the 68ers.
4. Why are Europeans wrong in assuming that any immigrants would eventually "melt" into the general culture of the country in which they settle?
5. Describe attacks on gays by Muslims. How did the authorities respond to these attacks?
6. Of what have immigrant Muslims taken advantage?
7. What is Paris becoming? How does the author support this?
8. Describe the Norwegian e-mail petition.
9. Of what is Bawer convinced? Why?
10. Why is the European media so different from the media in the U.S.?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)