|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. European politicians are ___________________.
(a) Often not trusted and questioned.
(b) Greatly feared and respected.
(c) Greatly underappreciated.
(d) Greatly respected and listened to.
2. Those Muslims who live in Europe are constantly augmented by new immigrants from Arab countries, who re-infuse what?
(a) Enthusiasm for European ideals.
(b) Enthusiams for European pop culture.
(c) Distrust in strict Islamci beliefs.
(d) Enthusiasm for strict Islamic beliefs.
3. The narrator encountered several incidences of Muslims acting in a prejudicial manner to whom?
4. Why do journalists not argue with this method?
(a) They are often physically threatened.
(b) They are well-protected by the government.
(c) They do not get paid well.
(d) They see themselves as educators.
5. How do Americans view history?
(a) As something to be proud of.
(b) As facts.
(c) As a bunch of lies.
(d) As something about which to be critically thoughtful.
Short Answer Questions
1. The media in Norway, and much of Europe, is taught to do what?
2. Why was the Lindh foundation established?
3. To what will France have to succumb?
4. As the days went by, Europeans lashed out their sentiments against Americans, stating what?
5. Muslim identity to a European is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do most Europeans view immigrants? How does this compare to the American view of immigrants?
2. Who is Ann Lindh? Describe her work.
3. What is a cultural practice among Muslims that would be legally punished if practiced by other groups in European countries? What is Wikan's response to this?
4. Describe the 68ers.
5. Describe attacks on gays by Muslims. How did the authorities respond to these attacks?
6. Of what have immigrant Muslims taken advantage?
7. What facts does the author give about rape? What is Unni Wikan's response to these rapes?
8. Do Europeans embrace each other's cultures?
9. Of what is Bawer convinced? Why?
10. What did the narrator encounter in Norway?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)