|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In September of 2001, "non-Western immigrants" who are synonymous with Muslims committed _________ of rapes.
2. She argued that if Europe continues to do what, the result will be the "preservation of the migrant's separateness, particularisms," and reason for them to maintain the legal ideals of their countries of origin?
(a) Accept Arab immigrants without helping or making them integrate.
(b) Judge others by their beliefs.
(c) Not allow Arab immigrants into their countries.
(d) Be influenced by American thinking.
3. Bawer searched for information about the Islamists in the Netherlands, and found mostly what?
(a) Problems with the two cultures living side by side.
(b) Fear about the two cultures living side by side.
(c) Instructions on how these two cultures can live side by side.
(d) Praise about the compatibility of the two cultures living side by side.
4. Bawer learns from a friend in the Netherlands that Muslim radicals are terrorizing and murdering who?
(a) Any writer who writes negative information about the Muslim culture/religion.
(c) Muslim children.
(d) European politicians who speak out against Islam.
5. According to Bawer, do countries such as Norway and Sweden assist new immigrants of non-white race to integrate into communities?
(b) Yes, all the time.
(c) Yes, sometimes.
(d) Yes, usually.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the prime examples of Europeans "faintness of heart" when dealing with Muslim's is the story of whom?
2. Someone in Norway created an e-mail petition called what?
3. The narrator and his partner move to _____________________ on April 1, 1999.
4. When the narrator went to the police regarding the physical violence that took place against him, what did they do?
5. He believes many of the Arab immigrants are actually what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mullah Krekar?
2. Who is Ann Lindh? Describe her work.
3. How and why has Europe come to this point regarding their immigrants?
4. What did many Europeans believe about George Bush?
5. Describe Muslim immigrants.
6. Describe European journalists.
7. Describe immigration and integration in Europe.
8. How did the narrator react to the attacks on 9/11?
9. What facts does the author give about rape? What is Unni Wikan's response to these rapes?
10. How else does the author say about France and its Muslim population?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)