|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many of the Muslims, according to Bawer, are what?
2. Europeans assumed that any immigrants would eventually "melt" into the general culture of the country in which they settle. Is this is true of fundamental Muslims?
(a) No, because they do not speak the language.
(b) No, because they still retain their restrictive ways of living.
(d) No, because the do not have the money.
3. Bawer searched for information about the Islamists in the Netherlands, and found mostly what?
(a) Problems with the two cultures living side by side.
(b) Praise about the compatibility of the two cultures living side by side.
(c) Fear about the two cultures living side by side.
(d) Instructions on how these two cultures can live side by side.
4. Europeans believed that Bush was just using the invasions to do what?
(a) Get attention.
(b) Grab oil.
(c) Fight his father's war.
(d) Get rich.
5. Lin Silje Nilson is an historian who supports establishing a sharia court in Norway for what reason?
(a) To protect minority rights.
(b) To give control to the Muslims.
(c) To protect Muslim rights.
(d) To protect the European population.
Short Answer Questions
1. European politicians are ___________________.
2. Bawer is convinced that what will eventually take place between Islamic fundamentalism and European liberalism?
3. Did any European countries support Bush's invasion of Iraq?
4. What are young Islamics taught about non-Muslims?
5. He believes many of the Arab immigrants are actually what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author learn is happening to certain writers in the Netherlands? Why is this happening?
2. Describe the Norwegian e-mail petition.
3. What happened in Madrid? How did people react to this?
4. How did the narrator react to the attacks on 9/11?
5. How do most Europeans view immigrants? How does this compare to the American view of immigrants?
6. Why are Europeans wrong in assuming that any immigrants would eventually "melt" into the general culture of the country in which they settle?
7. How important is freedom to Americans?
8. What was the establishment's response to the public's dislike of their constitution?
9. What did Europe think of Arafat?
10. What was the major trend in Europe?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)