|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bawer, do countries such as Norway and Sweden assist new immigrants of non-white race to integrate into communities?
(a) Yes, sometimes.
(b) Yes, all the time.
(c) Yes, usually.
2. Americans are ____________________ about things.
(a) Practical and realistic.
(c) Impractical and unrealistic.
(d) Not worried.
3. Western Europeans said that the Soviet Union had its merits, especially by providing what?
(a) Support for all things European.
(b) A good example of Communism.
(c) A balance of power against the U.S.
(d) Financial support.
4. The similarities between Norwegians and the Dutch were ______________ their differences.
(a) Less than.
(b) Similar to.
(c) More than.
(d) The same as.
5. Bawer learns from a friend in the Netherlands that Muslim radicals are terrorizing and murdering who?
(a) European politicians who speak out against Islam.
(b) Any writer who writes negative information about the Muslim culture/religion.
(d) Muslim children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "honor" killing?
2. One of the prime examples of Europeans "faintness of heart" when dealing with Muslim's is the story of whom?
3. There is a clear difference between American and European _________________.
4. Who is vigilant to keep new Muslim immigrants on the Islam "straight and narrow?"
5. In September of 2001, "non-Western immigrants" who are synonymous with Muslims committed _________ of rapes.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Europeans wrong in assuming that any immigrants would eventually "melt" into the general culture of the country in which they settle?
2. Describe the 68ers.
3. Describe Muslim immigrants.
4. Do Europeans embrace each other's cultures?
5. What is Paris becoming? How does the author support this?
6. How else does the author say about France and its Muslim population?
7. What is the European view of the world?
8. How do most Europeans view immigrants? How does this compare to the American view of immigrants?
9. How important is freedom to Americans?
10. Describe attacks on gays by Muslims. How did the authorities respond to these attacks?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)