Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Norway stated that Bush was equal to whom?
(b) George Washington.
(d) Tony Blair.
2. How do Americans view history?
(a) As something about which to be critically thoughtful.
(b) As facts.
(c) As something to be proud of.
(d) As a bunch of lies.
3. What are young Islamics taught about non-Muslims?
(a) They are very intelligent.
(b) They are infidels and do not deserve any respect, nor do their laws.
(c) They are to be feared.
(d) They are the friends of Muslims.
4. Europeans want to ignore __________ to prevent war.
(a) Their leaders.
(d) Common sense.
5. The Norwegians were heavily populated with what?
Short Answer Questions
1. There is a clear difference between American and European _________________.
2. Why have Europeans not diverged from this view regarding the government?
3. Part of the cultural difference between Americans and the Dutch, and other Europeans is that the Europeans tend to be ___________________, compared the the Americans who are more judgmental about differences.
4. He writes that he had never felt more ______________ and being in Europe made him see that America and Europe were the heartland of democracy and both were at war with a common enemy that threatened the West.
5. Muslim immigrants are usually from where, which means they are more conservative and against Western values?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do Europeans embrace each other's cultures?
2. What is the European view of the world?
3. Describe the exploitation of the Western welfare states' generosity.
4. What did many Europeans believe about George Bush?
5. What happened with the European Union tried to get its constitution out?
6. Why is the European media so different from the media in the U.S.?
7. Why do Europeans want to avoid war? How does this desire affect them?
8. What did Denmark do for its Jews during World War II?
9. Who fought the norm in Denmark? What were the results of their actions?
10. How are Muslims a problem in schools?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)