|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She worked closely with _____________ who directed the film and Submission aired on Dutch TV.
(a) Johann Van Gogh.
(b) Theo Van Gogh.
(c) Nigel Van Gogh.
(d) Vincent Van Gogh.
2. One reason why Europe is so anti-American is because America is a _____________ that has succeeded against their social democracy.
(b) Liberal democracy.
(d) Conservative democracy.
3. They worked hard to protect their country from the sea with what?
(a) Dykes and dams.
(b) Nets and walls.
(c) Dykes and walls.
(d) Walls and dams.
4. What system does this country have that is impeccable?
(a) Governmental system.
(b) Military system.
(c) Education system.
(d) Welfare system.
5. Denmark had saved its Jews during WWII. Would it do that now?
(b) Probably not.
(c) More than likely.
6. While the media and the establishment condemned the action, many Europeans, including more than ________ percent of Norwegians supported it showing that the common people wanted to preserve their liberty and have their voices heard.
7. She knew that Social Democrats were big on protecting who?
(b) The weak.
(c) The rich.
(d) The powerful.
8. After 9/11 Muslims in ___________ applauded the attacks, celebrating in the streets and calling on a holy war of their society as well.
(a) Great Britain.
9. What happened to Pim?
(a) He was assassinated for his views.
(b) He ran in the Presidential election in France.
(c) He became the leader of Israel.
(d) He died from a heart attack.
10. Galtung has received numerous awards and honorary degrees and has held several jobs with international agencies. He is the one that introduced the idea that all international conflict can be settled through what?
11. It did _______ to change the cultural practices of the Muslims.
12. During the first uprising in 1983 between Israel and Palestine, the Jews were portrayed as _________________.
(a) The David against an American Goliath.
(b) The Goliath against a Palestinian David.
(c) The David against a Palestinian Goliath.
(d) The Goliath against a European David.
13. Is a Jew ever seen as being a European?
14. This Prime Minister prohibited people from importing spouses, and people could not marry until they were at least _________, which gave women more chance to mature and choose their own destiny (at least this was the theory).
15. After World War II, how did Europeans feel over what happened to the Jews?
(b) Angry and embarrassed.
(c) Guilty and shameful.
Short Answer Questions
1. After moving to Oslo, Baum made sure he kept up with _________ issues.
2. He also believes that America's readiness to do what makes it the biggest threat to world peace and the most dangerous terrorist?
3. She wrote a film called _____________.
4. Some nations, like ____________, embraced their Jews during the second World War, and stood up against the German Army who tried beating down doors to get their hands on the Jews.
5. European authorities believe that when a Muslim attacks a Jewish person, it is because of what reason?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)