|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, European countries are using the Muslims to do what?
(a) Create fear in the European community.
(b) Lower to population.
(c) Work the jobs no one else wants.
(d) Get rid of their Jews.
2. What was the major trend in Western Europe?
(a) Increasing alienation and violence.
(b) Increasing interest in aiding Muslim immigrants.
(c) Increasing support for Muslim regimes.
(d) Decreasing alienation and violence.
3. For years Europeans thought that the attacks on the World Trade Center had nothing to do with them. What did the attack on Spain do?
(a) It began to change that idea.
(b) It did nothing.
(c) It reinforced this idea.
(d) It created this idea.
4. Denmark had saved its Jews during WWII. Would it do that now?
(a) More than likely.
(d) Probably not.
5. Europeans remain convinced that the Jews are the __________ that needed to be stopped.
(c) New Nazis.
6. Hirsi gradually turned away from her Islamic views and was hired by the Labor Party for what?
(a) A think tank position to research the lives of Spanish Muslim women.
(b) A think tank position to research the lives of British Muslim women.
(c) A think tank position to research the lives of French Muslim women.
(d) A think tank position to research the lives of Dutch Muslim women.
7. He approached his people in a fashion similar to whom?
(a) President Kennedy.
(b) President Bush.
(c) President Washington.
(d) President Clinton.
8. For ______________ this country fought against intruders.
9. Why do many Europeans not believe that they can help the poor through trade?
(a) They do not believe that wealth creates wealth.
(b) They believe that wealth creates wealth.
(c) They do not believe that wealth creates poverty.
(d) They believe that wealth creates poverty.
10. This country worked hard to establish what type of democracy?
(a) A conservative democracy.
(b) An American democracy.
(c) A social democracy.
(d) A communist democracy.
11. What in France is spreading like an epidemic?
(a) The flu.
(d) The plague.
12. Germany began to prohibit what?
(a) Attending mosques.
(b) Praying to Mecca.
(c) Headscarves and forced marriage.
(d) Muslim immigration.
13. The establishment's response was to do what?
(a) Continue trying with the constitution.
(b) Forget the constitution.
(c) Rework the terms of the constitution.
(d) Rewrite the constitution.
14. What did Hirsi want to do?
(a) Encourage others to understand the Islamic faith.
(b) Build Islamic centers.
(c) Curb immigration, stop the Islamic schools, and work harder to protect women's lives.
(d) Force all Muslims to leave the country.
15. Ayaan Hirsi Ali was a young Somalian woman living where?
(c) The Netherlands.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the European Union tried to get its constitution out, the people showed up in large numbers to do what?
2. Brix and Hedegaard wrote a book titled what?
3. The Denmark writers' organization was about free speech, as long as it _________ the important issues in the world.
4. European Muslims, the ones who were against terrorism, had to do what in order to help?
5. Johan Galtung is a Scandinavian man and known as the "______________ of the international peace studies movement."
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)