|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On ___________ terrorists attacked Madrid, Spain's capital.
(a) March 11th, 2003.
(b) March 11th, 2004.
(c) March 11th, 2002.
(d) March 11th, 2005.
2. The terrorists that bombed Madrid wanted the people to vote for ___________ and not for Aznar because Aznar was for the Iraq war and wouldn't pull the troops out.
3. What did Hirsi want to do?
(a) Force all Muslims to leave the country.
(b) Encourage others to understand the Islamic faith.
(c) Curb immigration, stop the Islamic schools, and work harder to protect women's lives.
(d) Build Islamic centers.
4. Western European nations believe that the best way to help the poor is by doing what?
(a) Letting them immigrate to Europe.
(b) Pouring in aid into their countries.
(c) Praying for them.
(d) Trading with poor nations.
5. The American style economy is a danger to them because of what reason?
(a) Its success threatens their economy in that Europe's people may want to shift to American style economy.
(b) Its success threatens their economy in that European nations will lose power.
(c) Its success means the end of European wealth.
(d) Its success means the U.S. will be the most powerful nation on the planet.
6. The establishment's response was to do what?
(a) Continue trying with the constitution.
(b) Rewrite the constitution.
(c) Rework the terms of the constitution.
(d) Forget the constitution.
7. Did the people want to accept the terms of the constitution?
8. Countries that have adopted the liberal democracy, like Britain and Ireland, have _____________.
(a) Improved a little.
(b) Stayed the same.
9. Two journalists who fought against the norm, Helle Merete Brix and Lars Hedegaard, were condoned for the freedom they took to write about Islam by the Danish chapter of ________.
10. These two negative factors were common in nations that had what policies?
11. Why did the Netherlands not protect their Jews and their belongings?
(a) It is hard for a Dutch person to accept another non-ethnic Dutch native, as a Dutch.
(b) They thought they could protect themselves.
(c) They did not realize the seriousness of the situation.
(d) They could not afford to protect them.
12. ____________ is the prime example of what is happening to the west.
(b) The Netherlands.
(c) Great Britain.
13. She wrote a film called _____________.
(d) Being Muslim.
14. For years Europeans thought that the attacks on the World Trade Center had nothing to do with them. What did the attack on Spain do?
(a) It created this idea.
(b) It did nothing.
(c) It reinforced this idea.
(d) It began to change that idea.
15. The Dutch approach to immigration and integration was what approach?
(a) "If you can't follow the rules, don't live here."
(b) "Let's work together."
(c) "Do your thing and let me do mine."
(d) "Either you're Dutch, or you're not."
Short Answer Questions
1. Denmark had saved its Jews during WWII. Would it do that now?
2. Europeans have developed a deep nostalgia for the "good old days of ________________."
3. Britain Home Secretary David Plunkett proposed a bill that would make it illegal to do what?
4. After death threats, Hirsi moved to the U.S. for a few years but returned to Europe to do what?
5. Many children endure what abuse in school?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)