|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the media and the establishment condemned the action, many Europeans, including more than ________ percent of Norwegians supported it showing that the common people wanted to preserve their liberty and have their voices heard.
2. For what did people blame the director?
(a) His own murder.
(b) His exile.
(c) Stirring up trouble.
(d) Upsetting the Muslims.
3. Does it still matter who is, and who is not, a Jew in Europe?
4. Europeans remain convinced that the Jews are the __________ that needed to be stopped.
(b) New Nazis.
5. He was vilified by other Western European nations as what?
6. The establishment's response was to do what?
(a) Rework the terms of the constitution.
(b) Continue trying with the constitution.
(c) Rewrite the constitution.
(d) Forget the constitution.
7. Two journalists who fought against the norm, Helle Merete Brix and Lars Hedegaard, were condoned for the freedom they took to write about Islam by the Danish chapter of ________.
8. Europe treated Arafat, Palestine's most beloved leader, as a second _________, despite all of the hate that he preached and all of his people that he impoverished while accepting European aid.
(b) King David.
9. Many people argue that America should just stand back and let the terrorists take over Western Europe. Why?
(a) They "must do this on their own."
(b) It "is what is best."
(c) They "need to learn a lesson."
(d) It "serves 'em right."
10. It did _______ to change the cultural practices of the Muslims.
11. Who were the weakest people in the Netherlands?
(c) Muslim women.
(d) Native Dutch.
12. Some nations, like ____________, embraced their Jews during the second World War, and stood up against the German Army who tried beating down doors to get their hands on the Jews.
13. Hirsi spoke how many languages with great ease?
14. One reason why Europe is so anti-American is because America is a _____________ that has succeeded against their social democracy.
(b) Conservative democracy.
(d) Liberal democracy.
15. Prime Minister __________ had had enough.
(a) Dag Terje Andersen.
(b) Nicolas Sarkozy.
(c) Tony Blair.
(d) Niceto Alcalá-Zamora.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, European countries are using the Muslims to do what?
2. European Muslims, the ones who were against terrorism, had to do what in order to help?
3. Europe needs to fight against whom?
4. Galtung has received numerous awards and honorary degrees and has held several jobs with international agencies. He is the one that introduced the idea that all international conflict can be settled through what?
5. Did the people want to accept the terms of the constitution?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)