|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two journalists who fought against the norm, Helle Merete Brix and Lars Hedegaard, were condoned for the freedom they took to write about Islam by the Danish chapter of ________.
2. She worked closely with _____________ who directed the film and Submission aired on Dutch TV.
(a) Nigel Van Gogh.
(b) Vincent Van Gogh.
(c) Theo Van Gogh.
(d) Johann Van Gogh.
3. They worked hard to protect their country from the sea with what?
(a) Walls and dams.
(b) Dykes and dams.
(c) Dykes and walls.
(d) Nets and walls.
4. What was the major trend in Western Europe?
(a) Increasing alienation and violence.
(b) Decreasing alienation and violence.
(c) Increasing support for Muslim regimes.
(d) Increasing interest in aiding Muslim immigrants.
5. What did Hirsi want to do?
(a) Encourage others to understand the Islamic faith.
(b) Curb immigration, stop the Islamic schools, and work harder to protect women's lives.
(c) Build Islamic centers.
(d) Force all Muslims to leave the country.
6. Many children endure what abuse in school?
7. Europe treated Arafat, Palestine's most beloved leader, as a second _________, despite all of the hate that he preached and all of his people that he impoverished while accepting European aid.
(b) King David.
8. What happened to Pim?
(a) He became the leader of Israel.
(b) He ran in the Presidential election in France.
(c) He was assassinated for his views.
(d) He died from a heart attack.
9. He was vilified by other Western European nations as what?
10. Anti-Americanism in Europe is so deep and intense that they often reminisce of what time?
(a) When America was a colony.
(b) When America was not so powerful.
(c) When America did not exist.
(d) When America was attacked.
11. For ______________ this country fought against intruders.
12. Europe needs to fight against whom?
(a) The U.S.
(b) Those that oppress freedom of others.
(d) Those who want them to change.
13. After 9/11 Muslims in ___________ applauded the attacks, celebrating in the streets and calling on a holy war of their society as well.
(c) Great Britain.
14. _______________ was a government venture to deport radical Islamists.
(a) "Operation Out."
(b) "Operation Deportment."
(c) "Operation Sweepout."
(d) "Operation Muslim Sweep."
15. Europe got past what fact about Arafat?
(a) He was not a European.
(b) He supported American efforts in the Middle East.
(c) He did not like Europeans.
(d) He could not stop sacrificing Palestinian children and murdering Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. The German government works hard to make sure that its people never forget what?
2. After death threats, Hirsi moved to the U.S. for a few years but returned to Europe to do what?
3. Brix and Hedegaard wrote a book titled what?
4. There is also a common passivity among those that witness what attacks on Jews?
5. Why did he keep up with these issues?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)