|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He also believes that America's readiness to do what makes it the biggest threat to world peace and the most dangerous terrorist?
(a) Make peace with the Arab world.
(b) Fight against tyranny.
(c) Ignore problems.
(d) Blame others.
2. Even after September 11th, Europe continued to believe what?
(a) They should fear the Muslims and prepare for an attack in Europe.
(b) Islamic terrorism had nothing to do with them, and that the biggest threats to peace are America and Israel.
(c) Fight terrorism around the world.
(d) They were safe from attack, because they did not allow terrorists into their countries.
3. The Dutch approach to immigration and integration was what approach?
(a) "Either you're Dutch, or you're not."
(b) "If you can't follow the rules, don't live here."
(c) "Let's work together."
(d) "Do your thing and let me do mine."
4. Western European nations believe that the best way to help the poor is by doing what?
(a) Trading with poor nations.
(b) Letting them immigrate to Europe.
(c) Praying for them.
(d) Pouring in aid into their countries.
5. What was the major trend in Western Europe?
(a) Increasing interest in aiding Muslim immigrants.
(b) Decreasing alienation and violence.
(c) Increasing alienation and violence.
(d) Increasing support for Muslim regimes.
6. On ___________ terrorists attacked Madrid, Spain's capital.
(a) March 11th, 2003.
(b) March 11th, 2005.
(c) March 11th, 2002.
(d) March 11th, 2004.
7. A Muslim assailant in Paris stabbed a Jewish boy to death yelling, "God is great." What did the Paris officials do?
(a) They sent the Muslim back to his native country.
(b) They put the Muslim to death.
(c) They did not punish the man.
(d) They arrested and tried the Muslim.
8. What in France is spreading like an epidemic?
(a) The flu.
(c) The plague.
9. She wrote a film called _____________.
(c) Being Muslim.
10. Brix and Hedegaard wrote a book titled what?
(a) In the House of the Devil: Islam's Colonization of the West.
(b) In the House of War: Islam's Colonization of the West.
(c) In the House of Allah: Islam's War Against the West.
(d) In the House of Allah: Islam's Colonization of the West.
11. While the media and the establishment condemned the action, many Europeans, including more than ________ percent of Norwegians supported it showing that the common people wanted to preserve their liberty and have their voices heard.
12. The American style economy is a danger to them because of what reason?
(a) Its success threatens their economy in that European nations will lose power.
(b) Its success means the U.S. will be the most powerful nation on the planet.
(c) Its success means the end of European wealth.
(d) Its success threatens their economy in that Europe's people may want to shift to American style economy.
13. After moving to Oslo, Baum made sure he kept up with _________ issues.
14. The Danes were taking steps in the right direction, but its media and educated members of society were still big on what?
(a) Protecting their Jews.
(b) Telling the truth about terrorism.
(c) Censorship and walking the line of political correctness.
(d) Supporting the U.S.
15. For ______________ this country fought against intruders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do some of these European Muslims hate the terrorists?
2. Who were the weakest people in the Netherlands?
3. Why were the Social Democrats not protecting these people?
4. Johan Galtung is a Scandinavian man and known as the "______________ of the international peace studies movement."
5. These two negative factors were common in nations that had what policies?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)