|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Countries that have adopted the liberal democracy, like Britain and Ireland, have _____________.
(c) Improved a little.
(d) Stayed the same.
2. When the European Union tried to get its constitution out, the people showed up in large numbers to do what?
(a) Support it.
(b) Question it.
(c) Turn it down.
(d) Understand it.
3. The Dutch approach to immigration and integration was what approach?
(a) "If you can't follow the rules, don't live here."
(b) "Let's work together."
(c) "Do your thing and let me do mine."
(d) "Either you're Dutch, or you're not."
4. The establishment's response was to do what?
(a) Rewrite the constitution.
(b) Forget the constitution.
(c) Continue trying with the constitution.
(d) Rework the terms of the constitution.
5. He disproved myth after myth and showed that Europe's high-tax society was _______________ the American liberal democracy.
(a) Superior to.
(b) Similar to.
(c) Not superior to.
(d) The same as.
6. After death threats, Hirsi moved to the U.S. for a few years but returned to Europe to do what?
(a) Accept a position with the Dutch parliament to continue her activism.
(b) Accept a position with the British parliament to continue her activism.
(c) Accept a position with the French parliament to continue her activism.
(d) Accept a position with the Spanish parliament to continue her activism.
7. What was the major trend in Western Europe?
(a) Increasing interest in aiding Muslim immigrants.
(b) Decreasing alienation and violence.
(c) Increasing alienation and violence.
(d) Increasing support for Muslim regimes.
8. Did the people want to accept the terms of the constitution?
9. Many children endure what abuse in school?
10. Weeks after the film debut, what happened to its director?
(a) He was threatened.
(b) He was exiled.
(c) He moved to the U.S. fearing for his life.
(d) He was butchered on an Amsterdam street.
11. A Muslim assailant in Paris stabbed a Jewish boy to death yelling, "God is great." What did the Paris officials do?
(a) They sent the Muslim back to his native country.
(b) They put the Muslim to death.
(c) They did not punish the man.
(d) They arrested and tried the Muslim.
12. ____________ is the prime example of what is happening to the west.
(c) The Netherlands.
(d) Great Britain.
13. For ______________ this country fought against intruders.
14. Johan Galtung is a Scandinavian man and known as the "______________ of the international peace studies movement."
15. After World War II, how did Europeans feel over what happened to the Jews?
(b) Angry and embarrassed.
(d) Guilty and shameful.
Short Answer Questions
1. They worked hard to protect their country from the sea with what?
2. She worked closely with _____________ who directed the film and Submission aired on Dutch TV.
3. Hirsi gradually turned away from her Islamic views and was hired by the Labor Party for what?
4. After moving to Oslo, Baum made sure he kept up with _________ issues.
5. The Spaniards were convinced, especially by the attacks, that Aznar was to blame for the bombings because he had gotten too close to whom?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)