|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Britain Home Secretary David Plunkett proposed a bill that would make it illegal to do what?
(a) Bother Muslims.
(b) Immigrate into the country.
(c) Stir up religious hatred.
(d) Practice Islam.
2. Why do some of these European Muslims hate the terrorists?
(a) They are an embarrassment to Islam.
(b) The terrorists defamed their religion and their culture.
(c) They make life difficult.
(d) They fear them.
3. European Muslims, the ones who were against terrorism, had to do what in order to help?
(c) Speak out.
4. There is also a common passivity among those that witness what attacks on Jews?
5. Europeans have developed a deep nostalgia for the "good old days of ________________."
(a) Colonial America.
(c) The world being flat.
(d) Soviet Communism.
6. Johan Galtung is a Scandinavian man and known as the "______________ of the international peace studies movement."
7. After 9/11 Muslims in ___________ applauded the attacks, celebrating in the streets and calling on a holy war of their society as well.
(c) Great Britain.
8. Ayaan Hirsi Ali was a young Somalian woman living where?
(c) The Netherlands.
9. Olaf Gersemann, a German writer, tried to break the stereotypes that Europeans have towards Americans by writing a book called what?
(a) Colonial Capitalism.
(b) United Capitalism.
(c) Cowboy Capitalism.
(d) American Capitalism.
10. While the media and the establishment condemned the action, many Europeans, including more than ________ percent of Norwegians supported it showing that the common people wanted to preserve their liberty and have their voices heard.
11. For what did people blame the director?
(a) His own murder.
(b) Upsetting the Muslims.
(c) His exile.
(d) Stirring up trouble.
12. ____________ is the prime example of what is happening to the west.
(a) Great Britain.
(c) The Netherlands.
13. Why did the Netherlands not protect their Jews and their belongings?
(a) They thought they could protect themselves.
(b) They could not afford to protect them.
(c) They did not realize the seriousness of the situation.
(d) It is hard for a Dutch person to accept another non-ethnic Dutch native, as a Dutch.
14. How do Muslims deal with non-Muslims?
(a) They fear them.
(b) They ostracize non-Muslims and call them infidels.
(c) They ignore them.
(d) They worship them.
15. Germans, and most Europeans, do not realize that freedom and prosperity are ________ the default condition of the human species.
Short Answer Questions
1. The German government works hard to make sure that its people never forget what?
2. Europe needs to fight against whom?
3. For ______________ this country fought against intruders.
4. He disproved myth after myth and showed that Europe's high-tax society was _______________ the American liberal democracy.
5. Two journalists who fought against the norm, Helle Merete Brix and Lars Hedegaard, were condoned for the freedom they took to write about Islam by the Danish chapter of ________.
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)