|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the European Union tried to get its constitution out, the people showed up in large numbers to do what?
(a) Support it.
(b) Understand it.
(c) Turn it down.
(d) Question it.
2. This country worked hard to establish what type of democracy?
(a) An American democracy.
(b) A communist democracy.
(c) A social democracy.
(d) A conservative democracy.
3. Brix and Hedegaard wrote a book titled what?
(a) In the House of War: Islam's Colonization of the West.
(b) In the House of the Devil: Islam's Colonization of the West.
(c) In the House of Allah: Islam's War Against the West.
(d) In the House of Allah: Islam's Colonization of the West.
4. What happened to Pim?
(a) He died from a heart attack.
(b) He ran in the Presidential election in France.
(c) He became the leader of Israel.
(d) He was assassinated for his views.
5. The Spaniards were convinced, especially by the attacks, that Aznar was to blame for the bombings because he had gotten too close to whom?
(a) George Bush.
(b) The Muslims.
(c) Great Britain.
(d) Bill Clinton.
6. Why did he keep up with these issues?
(a) He believed that integration issues would take a turning point there before any other place.
(b) He was originally from this country.
(c) He saw them as the leaders in reform.
(d) Most of the Muslim immigrant population lived in this country.
7. Prime Minister __________ had had enough.
(a) Tony Blair.
(b) Niceto Alcalá-Zamora.
(c) Dag Terje Andersen.
(d) Nicolas Sarkozy.
8. There is also a common passivity among those that witness what attacks on Jews?
9. The terrorists that bombed Madrid wanted the people to vote for ___________ and not for Aznar because Aznar was for the Iraq war and wouldn't pull the troops out.
10. He also believes that America's readiness to do what makes it the biggest threat to world peace and the most dangerous terrorist?
(a) Fight against tyranny.
(b) Blame others.
(c) Make peace with the Arab world.
(d) Ignore problems.
11. For ______________ this country fought against intruders.
12. Many children endure what abuse in school?
13. For years Europeans thought that the attacks on the World Trade Center had nothing to do with them. What did the attack on Spain do?
(a) It created this idea.
(b) It did nothing.
(c) It reinforced this idea.
(d) It began to change that idea.
14. Even after September 11th, Europe continued to believe what?
(a) Fight terrorism around the world.
(b) They were safe from attack, because they did not allow terrorists into their countries.
(c) Islamic terrorism had nothing to do with them, and that the biggest threats to peace are America and Israel.
(d) They should fear the Muslims and prepare for an attack in Europe.
15. Baum compares radical Islamists to what group of people?
(b) The Nazis.
(c) Orthodox Jews.
(d) Fundamental Christians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ayaan Hirsi Ali was a young Somalian woman living where?
2. Johan Galtung is a Scandinavian man and known as the "______________ of the international peace studies movement."
3. _______________ was a government venture to deport radical Islamists.
4. On July 7th, 2005, what happened?
5. What system does this country have that is impeccable?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)