|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Western European nations believe that the best way to help the poor is by doing what?
(a) Letting them immigrate to Europe.
(b) Praying for them.
(c) Pouring in aid into their countries.
(d) Trading with poor nations.
2. Denmark had saved its Jews during WWII. Would it do that now?
(b) More than likely.
(c) Probably not.
3. He also believes that America's readiness to do what makes it the biggest threat to world peace and the most dangerous terrorist?
(a) Make peace with the Arab world.
(b) Ignore problems.
(c) Blame others.
(d) Fight against tyranny.
4. When the European Union tried to get its constitution out, the people showed up in large numbers to do what?
(a) Turn it down.
(b) Understand it.
(c) Question it.
(d) Support it.
5. He was vilified by other Western European nations as what?
6. After World War II, how did Europeans feel over what happened to the Jews?
(c) Angry and embarrassed.
(d) Guilty and shameful.
7. Britain Home Secretary David Plunkett proposed a bill that would make it illegal to do what?
(a) Practice Islam.
(b) Bother Muslims.
(c) Immigrate into the country.
(d) Stir up religious hatred.
8. What was the major trend in Western Europe?
(a) Decreasing alienation and violence.
(b) Increasing alienation and violence.
(c) Increasing interest in aiding Muslim immigrants.
(d) Increasing support for Muslim regimes.
9. The Denmark writers' organization was about free speech, as long as it _________ the important issues in the world.
(a) Touched upon.
10. Baum compares radical Islamists to what group of people?
(b) The Nazis.
(c) Fundamental Christians.
(d) Orthodox Jews.
11. Now "they'd __________ to the very peril that would destroy them."
(a) Stopped it.
(b) Feared it.
(c) Turned a blind eye.
(d) Fought it.
12. Despite the fact that the German economy was growing, what was rising?
(a) Low population growth and high unemployment.
(b) Population growth and high unemployment.
(c) Low population growth and high employment.
(d) Population growth and high employment.
13. Ayaan Hirsi Ali was a young Somalian woman living where?
(b) The Netherlands.
14. Hirsi gradually turned away from her Islamic views and was hired by the Labor Party for what?
(a) A think tank position to research the lives of Dutch Muslim women.
(b) A think tank position to research the lives of Spanish Muslim women.
(c) A think tank position to research the lives of British Muslim women.
(d) A think tank position to research the lives of French Muslim women.
15. She wrote a film called _____________.
(d) Being Muslim.
Short Answer Questions
1. The terrorists that bombed Madrid wanted the people to vote for ___________ and not for Aznar because Aznar was for the Iraq war and wouldn't pull the troops out.
2. She knew that Social Democrats were big on protecting who?
3. Many people argue that America should just stand back and let the terrorists take over Western Europe. Why?
4. Johan Galtung is a Scandinavian man and known as the "______________ of the international peace studies movement."
5. They worked hard to protect their country from the sea with what?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)