|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bawer learns from a friend in the Netherlands that Muslim radicals are terrorizing and murdering who?
(b) Muslim children.
(c) European politicians who speak out against Islam.
(d) Any writer who writes negative information about the Muslim culture/religion.
2. The Norwegians were heavily populated with what?
3. Muslim immigrants are usually from where, which means they are more conservative and against Western values?
(b) Large cities.
(c) Poor, remote villages.
(d) Wealthy nations.
4. The similarities between Norwegians and the Dutch were ______________ their differences.
(a) Less than.
(b) The same as.
(c) More than.
(d) Similar to.
5. When this Muslim leader would walk the streets, Norwegians who recognized him did what?
(a) Feared him.
(b) Cursed him for speaking out against the U.S. and capitalism.
(c) Avoided him.
(d) Applauded him for speaking out against the U.S. and capitalism.
6. Did any European countries support Bush's invasion of Iraq?
(a) Yes, some.
(b) Yes, very few.
(c) Yes, all of them.
(d) No, none.
7. What are young Islamics taught about non-Muslims?
(a) They are infidels and do not deserve any respect, nor do their laws.
(b) They are the friends of Muslims.
(c) They are to be feared.
(d) They are very intelligent.
8. Bawer is convinced that what will eventually take place between Islamic fundamentalism and European liberalism?
(a) A clash.
(c) A mutual understanding.
(d) A separation.
9. What is the main problem in Western Europe?
(a) It desperately needs U.S. support.
(b) It desperately needs immigrants.
(c) It desperately needs funding.
(d) It desperately needs to stop immigration.
10. When does the Dutch government begin to take these isolated incidents seriously?
(a) Before 9/11.
(b) After the attack on London.
(c) After 9/11.
(d) After the attack on Madrid.
11. How many of the 5 million Muslims in France reside in Paris?
(a) 4.5 million.
(b) 2.5 million.
(c) 3.5 million.
(d) 1.5 million.
12. Some believe France will be the first Western European nation that will reach what?
(a) A majority Muslim population.
(b) A point when they stop letting in immigrants.
(c) A majority African population.
(d) A decision to create immigration laws.
13. On September 11th, 2001, the Narrator was in ________ and turned the TV on in time to see the second plane hit the World Trade Center.
14. Europeans believed that Bush was just using the invasions to do what?
(a) Get attention.
(b) Fight his father's war.
(c) Grab oil.
(d) Get rich.
15. What did this leader found?
(a) The Jewish Vision.
(b) The Islamic Vision.
(d) The Islamic Law.
Short Answer Questions
1. He believes many of the Arab immigrants are actually what?
2. The message thanks Americans for giving the world Abraham Lincoln, Jimi Hendrix, Julia Roberts, Miles Davis, and a continuing list of ________________.
3. Someone in Norway created an e-mail petition called what?
4. Who is this Muslim leader?
5. What belief is cultivated in the Muslim culture?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)