|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Those Muslims who live in Europe are constantly augmented by new immigrants from Arab countries, who re-infuse what?
(a) Enthusiams for European pop culture.
(b) Enthusiasm for European ideals.
(c) Distrust in strict Islamci beliefs.
(d) Enthusiasm for strict Islamic beliefs.
2. What is "honor" killing?
(a) When a person is killed for dishonoring his/her family or culture.
(b) When a person kills someone who is dying.
(c) When a person offers him or herself to be sacrificed.
(d) When a person kills and is honest about this mistake.
3. In what are these Muslims leaders?
(a) French crime.
(b) French government.
(c) French society.
(d) French universities.
4. The similarities between Norwegians and the Dutch were ______________ their differences.
(a) Less than.
(b) Similar to.
(c) The same as.
(d) More than.
5. What are young Islamics taught about non-Muslims?
(a) They are to be feared.
(b) They are infidels and do not deserve any respect, nor do their laws.
(c) They are the friends of Muslims.
(d) They are very intelligent.
6. The narrator encountered several incidences of Muslims acting in a prejudicial manner to whom?
7. Europeans compare ________________ to American democracy.
(b) Nazi Germany.
8. Muslim immigrants are usually from where, which means they are more conservative and against Western values?
(a) Poor, remote villages.
(b) Wealthy nations.
(c) Large cities.
9. The narrator believes that the European attitude has created what?
(a) A culture of uneducated and delusional men and women.
(b) A culture of ideological dualism.
(c) An imbalanced culture.
(d) A healthy culture.
10. What was the name of this man's autobiography?
(a) Allah, in My Own Words.
(b) In My Own Words.
(c) My Muhammad.
(d) My Life.
11. These Muslims are mostly of _________ descent.
(a) North African.
(b) Saudi Arabian.
(c) West African.
12. The narrator and his partner move to _____________________ on April 1, 1999.
(a) Paris, France.
(b) Oslo, Norway.
(c) Stockholm, Sweden.
(d) London, England.
13. Muslim identity to a European is what?
(a) A set of beliefs about living and dying that go against Western ideals.
(b) Their faith.
(c) Their skin color, their food, and language.
(d) The head scarf.
14. Why is corruption high in Muslim countries?
(a) They are very sneaky.
(b) They do not have morals.
(c) They want to grab everything they can before it is gone.
(d) It is in their blood to be corrupt.
15. Both individuals and governments blamed the attack on what?
(a) American imperialism.
(b) Muslim power.
(c) Muslim Extremists.
(d) Fundamental Islam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What belief is cultivated in the Muslim culture?
2. Ann Lindh, a Swedish minister for foreign affairs, was the forerunner for what?
3. Americans are ____________________ about things.
4. When this Muslim leader would walk the streets, Norwegians who recognized him did what?
5. Despite all of this European confederation, and EU unity, most Europeans are _____________ one another's cultures.
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)