|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator encountered several incidences of Muslims acting in a prejudicial manner to whom?
2. He believes many of the Arab immigrants are actually what?
(b) Islamic fundamentalists.
3. Who is vigilant to keep new Muslim immigrants on the Islam "straight and narrow?"
(a) Muslim communities.
(b) European leaders.
(c) Religious leaders.
(d) The leaders of Muslim countries.
4. Bawer is convinced that what will eventually take place between Islamic fundamentalism and European liberalism?
(a) A clash.
(b) A mutual understanding.
(c) A separation.
5. Some who are actually European born have moved back to their native countries but continue to receive what?
(a) Welfare monies.
(b) Encouragement to return to Europe.
(c) Letters from friends in Europe.
(d) Lessons in European culture.
6. The narrator writes that the European elite is so removed from the realities of international affairs, and so bothered by their irrelevance in them, that they were incapable of what?
(a) Protecting their own cities from the Muslims.
(b) Having any sympathy for the 9/11 tragedies.
(c) Understanding how the Muslims could have been responsible for the 9/11 tragedies.
(d) Responding to the 9/11 tragedies.
7. What belief is cultivated in the Muslim culture?
(a) Europe is safe.
(b) An us versus them belief.
(c) A desire to join European society.
(d) Europe is just like America.
8. The narrator believes that the European attitude has created what?
(a) A culture of uneducated and delusional men and women.
(b) A healthy culture.
(c) An imbalanced culture.
(d) A culture of ideological dualism.
9. Some believe France will be the first Western European nation that will reach what?
(a) A decision to create immigration laws.
(b) A majority Muslim population.
(c) A majority African population.
(d) A point when they stop letting in immigrants.
10. Europeans want to ignore __________ to prevent war.
(a) Common sense.
(b) Their leaders.
11. In September of 2001, "non-Western immigrants" who are synonymous with Muslims committed _________ of rapes.
12. The similarities between Norwegians and the Dutch were ______________ their differences.
(a) Similar to.
(b) The same as.
(c) More than.
(d) Less than.
13. How do Americans view history?
(a) As facts.
(b) As a bunch of lies.
(c) As something to be proud of.
(d) As something about which to be critically thoughtful.
14. Large-scale migration to Europe started around ________ years ago and the European establishment has since "encouraged a romantic view of Muslim immigrants," stating that they are victims and that criticizing them is racist.
15. In what are these Muslims leaders?
(a) French crime.
(b) French government.
(c) French society.
(d) French universities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paris is becoming more of ________ city every day.
2. When this Muslim leader would walk the streets, Norwegians who recognized him did what?
3. Did any European countries support Bush's invasion of Iraq?
4. Muslim immigrants are usually from where, which means they are more conservative and against Western values?
5. What did this Muslim leader call 9/11?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)