|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Europeans believed that Bush was just using the invasions to do what?
(a) Get rich.
(b) Fight his father's war.
(c) Grab oil.
(d) Get attention.
2. Both individuals and governments blamed the attack on what?
(a) American imperialism.
(b) Fundamental Islam.
(c) Muslim Extremists.
(d) Muslim power.
3. What did this leader found?
(a) The Islamic Vision.
(c) The Islamic Law.
(d) The Jewish Vision.
4. Why is the media so one-sided?
(a) Because they do not trust the government.
(b) Because the government funds it.
(c) Because they fear Muslim retaliation.
(d) Because they fear the people.
5. Some believe France will be the first Western European nation that will reach what?
(a) A decision to create immigration laws.
(b) A majority Muslim population.
(c) A majority African population.
(d) A point when they stop letting in immigrants.
6. What is the main problem in Western Europe?
(a) It desperately needs funding.
(b) It desperately needs U.S. support.
(c) It desperately needs to stop immigration.
(d) It desperately needs immigrants.
7. When this Muslim leader would walk the streets, Norwegians who recognized him did what?
(a) Feared him.
(b) Cursed him for speaking out against the U.S. and capitalism.
(c) Avoided him.
(d) Applauded him for speaking out against the U.S. and capitalism.
8. According to the author, the ____________, Europe's version of the sixties generation shaped the political correctness that is the establishment today.
9. Why do journalists not argue with this method?
(a) They do not get paid well.
(b) They are often physically threatened.
(c) They are well-protected by the government.
(d) They see themselves as educators.
10. The condescending message stated a plethora of random facts and American stereotypes including how Bush "leads a regime," ethnic people are oppressed and humiliated, and that Americans are ________________.
(a) Rude and spoiled.
(b) Uneducated and unintelligent.
(c) Prisoners in their own nation.
11. Europeans assumed that any immigrants would eventually "melt" into the general culture of the country in which they settle. Is this is true of fundamental Muslims?
(a) No, because they do not speak the language.
(b) No, because they still retain their restrictive ways of living.
(d) No, because the do not have the money.
12. How many of the 5 million Muslims in France reside in Paris?
(a) 3.5 million.
(b) 4.5 million.
(c) 2.5 million.
(d) 1.5 million.
13. She argued that if Europe continues to do what, the result will be the "preservation of the migrant's separateness, particularisms," and reason for them to maintain the legal ideals of their countries of origin?
(a) Be influenced by American thinking.
(b) Judge others by their beliefs.
(c) Not allow Arab immigrants into their countries.
(d) Accept Arab immigrants without helping or making them integrate.
14. He believes many of the Arab immigrants are actually what?
(d) Islamic fundamentalists.
15. To what will France have to succumb?
(a) Sharia Law.
(b) Democratic laws.
(c) American power.
(d) An American form of government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Immigrant Muslims take advantage of ________________________ of the European community.
2. Many of the Muslims, according to Bawer, are what?
3. The similarities between Norwegians and the Dutch were ______________ their differences.
4. What is the only reason that America cares about the "takeover" of Europe by Islamic fundamentalists?
5. Americans are ____________________ about things.
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)