|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Muslim identity to a European is what?
(a) Their faith.
(b) Their skin color, their food, and language.
(c) A set of beliefs about living and dying that go against Western ideals.
(d) The head scarf.
2. He writes that he had never felt more ______________ and being in Europe made him see that America and Europe were the heartland of democracy and both were at war with a common enemy that threatened the West.
3. How many of the 5 million Muslims in France reside in Paris?
(a) 4.5 million.
(b) 3.5 million.
(c) 2.5 million.
(d) 1.5 million.
4. Bawer learns from a friend in the Netherlands that Muslim radicals are terrorizing and murdering who?
(a) European politicians who speak out against Islam.
(b) Muslim children.
(c) Any writer who writes negative information about the Muslim culture/religion.
5. Who is this Muslim leader?
(a) An Iraqi Shi'ite that moved to Norway as a refugee in 1991.
(b) An Saudi Arabian that moved to Norway as a refugee in 1991.
(c) An Iraqi Kurd that moved to Norway as a refugee in 1991.
(d) An Israeli Jew that moved to Norway as a refugee in 1991.
6. Why have Europeans not diverged from this view regarding the government?
(a) Because they fear war.
(b) Because they view history as subjective.
(c) Because they view history as facts.
(d) Because they know the government is very powerful.
7. In what are these Muslims leaders?
(a) French crime.
(b) French society.
(c) French universities.
(d) French government.
8. When the narrator went to the police regarding the physical violence that took place against him, what did they do?
(a) They blamed him for the attack.
(b) They sent him back to the U.S.
(c) They worked to catch those who had attacked him.
(d) They urged him to not press charges.
9. Europeans compare ________________ to American democracy.
(c) Nazi Germany.
10. Some Muslims become even _________________ once they get to Europe.
(a) More conservative.
(b) More liberal.
(c) More trustworthy.
(d) Less conservative.
11. On September 11th, 2001, the Narrator was in ________ and turned the TV on in time to see the second plane hit the World Trade Center.
12. Both individuals and governments blamed the attack on what?
(a) Muslim Extremists.
(b) Fundamental Islam.
(c) American imperialism.
(d) Muslim power.
13. What are these Muslims called?
14. Large-scale migration to Europe started around ________ years ago and the European establishment has since "encouraged a romantic view of Muslim immigrants," stating that they are victims and that criticizing them is racist.
15. Immigrant Muslims take advantage of ________________________ of the European community.
(a) The conservative spending.
(b) The wealth.
(c) The liberal social spending.
(d) The poorly-run programs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In some areas of France, why do even non-Muslim girls will wear veils?
2. What is "honor" killing?
3. In September of 2001, "non-Western immigrants" who are synonymous with Muslims committed _________ of rapes.
4. These Muslims are mostly of _________ descent.
5. European politicians are ___________________.
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)