|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the prime examples of Europeans "faintness of heart" when dealing with Muslim's is the story of whom?
(a) Mullah Ali.
(b) Mullah Nasreddin.
(c) Mullah Krekar.
(d) Mullah Muhammed.
2. Europeans see government as what?
(a) Head of the family.
(b) Something to be feared.
(d) The enemy.
3. Ann Lindh, a Swedish minister for foreign affairs, was the forerunner for what?
(a) Encouraging anti-Islamic protests.
(b) Supporting American ideas.
(c) Trying to enforce immigration laws.
(d) Trying to start dialogue with Arab countries.
4. Those Muslims who live in Europe are constantly augmented by new immigrants from Arab countries, who re-infuse what?
(a) Enthusiams for European pop culture.
(b) Enthusiasm for strict Islamic beliefs.
(c) Enthusiasm for European ideals.
(d) Distrust in strict Islamci beliefs.
5. Who is this Muslim leader?
(a) An Israeli Jew that moved to Norway as a refugee in 1991.
(b) An Saudi Arabian that moved to Norway as a refugee in 1991.
(c) An Iraqi Kurd that moved to Norway as a refugee in 1991.
(d) An Iraqi Shi'ite that moved to Norway as a refugee in 1991.
6. In September of 2001, "non-Western immigrants" who are synonymous with Muslims committed _________ of rapes.
7. Lin Silje Nilson is an historian who supports establishing a sharia court in Norway for what reason?
(a) To protect Muslim rights.
(b) To protect minority rights.
(c) To give control to the Muslims.
(d) To protect the European population.
8. In what are these Muslims leaders?
(a) French government.
(b) French universities.
(c) French society.
(d) French crime.
9. Bush was whose puppet, according to some Europeans?
(a) The American people's.
(b) The Muslim's.
(d) His father's.
10. Some believe France will be the first Western European nation that will reach what?
(a) A majority African population.
(b) A majority Muslim population.
(c) A decision to create immigration laws.
(d) A point when they stop letting in immigrants.
11. Paris is becoming more of ________ city every day.
(a) A communist.
(b) An urban.
(c) A Muslim.
(d) A dangerous.
12. Europeans compare ________________ to American democracy.
(b) Nazi Germany.
13. On September 11th, 2001, the Narrator was in ________ and turned the TV on in time to see the second plane hit the World Trade Center.
14. Some who are actually European born have moved back to their native countries but continue to receive what?
(a) Welfare monies.
(b) Encouragement to return to Europe.
(c) Letters from friends in Europe.
(d) Lessons in European culture.
15. An Islamic person who participates in Western culture brings __________________ to his family and religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Unni Wikan, a social anthropology professor at the University of Oslo, stated that the Muslim men should not be tried to so harshly, and that the women were at fault for what reason?
2. Bawer is convinced that what will eventually take place between Islamic fundamentalism and European liberalism?
3. In some areas of France, why do even non-Muslim girls will wear veils?
4. Western Europeans said that the Soviet Union had its merits, especially by providing what?
5. He believes many of the Arab immigrants are actually what?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)