|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cultural walls are very high and they don't embrace even each other's pop culture as much as they do ___________ pop culture.
2. He writes that he had never felt more ______________ and being in Europe made him see that America and Europe were the heartland of democracy and both were at war with a common enemy that threatened the West.
3. The message thanks Americans for giving the world Abraham Lincoln, Jimi Hendrix, Julia Roberts, Miles Davis, and a continuing list of ________________.
(b) Political leaders.
(c) Pop culture classics.
4. Why are the younger Muslims an increasing challenge to French society?
(a) They want to become full members of French society.
(b) They do not see themselves as being subject to French laws.
(c) They want to return to their native countries.
(d) They are uneducated and do not speak French.
5. To what will France have to succumb?
(a) Sharia Law.
(b) Democratic laws.
(c) An American form of government.
(d) American power.
6. The narrator encountered several incidences of Muslims acting in a prejudicial manner to whom?
7. What are young Islamics taught about non-Muslims?
(a) They are very intelligent.
(b) They are to be feared.
(c) They are the friends of Muslims.
(d) They are infidels and do not deserve any respect, nor do their laws.
8. Why is corruption high in Muslim countries?
(a) They are very sneaky.
(b) They do not have morals.
(c) It is in their blood to be corrupt.
(d) They want to grab everything they can before it is gone.
9. What was the name of this man's autobiography?
(a) In My Own Words.
(b) My Life.
(c) My Muhammad.
(d) Allah, in My Own Words.
10. Immigrant Muslims take advantage of ________________________ of the European community.
(a) The wealth.
(b) The poorly-run programs.
(c) The liberal social spending.
(d) The conservative spending.
11. For what do both the Dutch and Norwegians have a need?
(b) Political correctness.
12. Many of the Muslims, according to Bawer, are what?
13. Why have Europeans not diverged from this view regarding the government?
(a) Because they view history as subjective.
(b) Because they view history as facts.
(c) Because they know the government is very powerful.
(d) Because they fear war.
14. Bawer searched for information about the Islamists in the Netherlands, and found mostly what?
(a) Praise about the compatibility of the two cultures living side by side.
(b) Fear about the two cultures living side by side.
(c) Problems with the two cultures living side by side.
(d) Instructions on how these two cultures can live side by side.
15. Europeans believed that Bush was just using the invasions to do what?
(a) Grab oil.
(b) Fight his father's war.
(c) Get attention.
(d) Get rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the 5 million Muslims in France reside in Paris?
2. The narrator believes that the European attitude has created what?
3. Large-scale migration to Europe started around ________ years ago and the European establishment has since "encouraged a romantic view of Muslim immigrants," stating that they are victims and that criticizing them is racist.
4. The similarities between Norwegians and the Dutch were ______________ their differences.
5. Who is vigilant to keep new Muslim immigrants on the Islam "straight and narrow?"
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)