|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The condescending message stated a plethora of random facts and American stereotypes including how Bush "leads a regime," ethnic people are oppressed and humiliated, and that Americans are ________________.
(a) Uneducated and unintelligent.
(c) Rude and spoiled.
(d) Prisoners in their own nation.
2. Some believe France will be the first Western European nation that will reach what?
(a) A point when they stop letting in immigrants.
(b) A decision to create immigration laws.
(c) A majority African population.
(d) A majority Muslim population.
3. Bawer learns from a friend in the Netherlands that Muslim radicals are terrorizing and murdering who?
(b) Any writer who writes negative information about the Muslim culture/religion.
(c) Muslim children.
(d) European politicians who speak out against Islam.
4. Norway stated that Bush was equal to whom?
(c) George Washington.
(d) Tony Blair.
5. Western Europeans said that the Soviet Union had its merits, especially by providing what?
(a) Support for all things European.
(b) Financial support.
(c) A balance of power against the U.S.
(d) A good example of Communism.
6. There is a clear difference between American and European _________________.
7. What was the name of this man's autobiography?
(a) My Muhammad.
(b) Allah, in My Own Words.
(c) My Life.
(d) In My Own Words.
8. When does the Dutch government begin to take these isolated incidents seriously?
(a) After the attack on Madrid.
(b) Before 9/11.
(c) After the attack on London.
(d) After 9/11.
9. Why is the media so one-sided?
(a) Because they fear the people.
(b) Because the government funds it.
(c) Because they fear Muslim retaliation.
(d) Because they do not trust the government.
10. Europeans want to ignore __________ to prevent war.
(b) Their leaders.
(d) Common sense.
11. What are young Islamics taught about non-Muslims?
(a) They are infidels and do not deserve any respect, nor do their laws.
(b) They are to be feared.
(c) They are the friends of Muslims.
(d) They are very intelligent.
12. According to Bawer, do countries such as Norway and Sweden assist new immigrants of non-white race to integrate into communities?
(a) Yes, sometimes.
(c) Yes, usually.
(d) Yes, all the time.
13. How do Americans view history?
(a) As something to be proud of.
(b) As something about which to be critically thoughtful.
(c) As facts.
(d) As a bunch of lies.
14. One of the prime examples of Europeans "faintness of heart" when dealing with Muslim's is the story of whom?
(a) Mullah Krekar.
(b) Mullah Nasreddin.
(c) Mullah Muhammed.
(d) Mullah Ali.
15. What is "honor" killing?
(a) When a person kills and is honest about this mistake.
(b) When a person kills someone who is dying.
(c) When a person is killed for dishonoring his/her family or culture.
(d) When a person offers him or herself to be sacrificed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lin Silje Nilson is an historian who supports establishing a sharia court in Norway for what reason?
2. What are these Muslims called?
3. The United States sees immigrants as assets to be integrated into the culture. How do Europeans view immigrants?
4. A writer named Bat Ye'Or warned that Europe was on its way to becoming what?
5. What did this leader found?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)