|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the days went by, Europeans lashed out their sentiments against Americans, stating what?
(a) They attacked the Muslims.
(b) They had brought the attacks upon themselves.
(c) They deserved the attacks.
(d) They attacked themselves.
2. For what do both the Dutch and Norwegians have a need?
(b) Political correctness.
3. Lin Silje Nilson is an historian who supports establishing a sharia court in Norway for what reason?
(a) To give control to the Muslims.
(b) To protect Muslim rights.
(c) To protect minority rights.
(d) To protect the European population.
4. When the narrator went to the police regarding the physical violence that took place against him, what did they do?
(a) They worked to catch those who had attacked him.
(b) They blamed him for the attack.
(c) They sent him back to the U.S.
(d) They urged him to not press charges.
5. What do journalists believe it is their job to do?
(a) Teach people about the way that life is.
(b) Question those in authority.
(c) Keep the citizens in the dark.
(d) Question the European way of life.
6. She argued that if Europe continues to do what, the result will be the "preservation of the migrant's separateness, particularisms," and reason for them to maintain the legal ideals of their countries of origin?
(a) Not allow Arab immigrants into their countries.
(b) Be influenced by American thinking.
(c) Accept Arab immigrants without helping or making them integrate.
(d) Judge others by their beliefs.
7. Large-scale migration to Europe started around ________ years ago and the European establishment has since "encouraged a romantic view of Muslim immigrants," stating that they are victims and that criticizing them is racist.
8. Cultural walls are very high and they don't embrace even each other's pop culture as much as they do ___________ pop culture.
9. Bawer learns from a friend in the Netherlands that Muslim radicals are terrorizing and murdering who?
(b) Muslim children.
(c) Any writer who writes negative information about the Muslim culture/religion.
(d) European politicians who speak out against Islam.
10. Both individuals and governments blamed the attack on what?
(a) Fundamental Islam.
(b) American imperialism.
(c) Muslim Extremists.
(d) Muslim power.
11. What did this leader found?
(a) The Jewish Vision.
(b) The Islamic Vision.
(d) The Islamic Law.
12. To what will France have to succumb?
(a) Sharia Law.
(b) Democratic laws.
(c) An American form of government.
(d) American power.
13. On September 11th, 2001, the Narrator was in ________ and turned the TV on in time to see the second plane hit the World Trade Center.
14. Someone in Norway created an e-mail petition called what?
(a) "Where Are You America?"
(b) "Help Us America!"
(c) "Hello America!"
(d) "Good Bye America!"
15. In September of 2001, "non-Western immigrants" who are synonymous with Muslims committed _________ of rapes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did this Muslim leader call 9/11?
2. Some believe France will be the first Western European nation that will reach what?
3. Some Muslims become even _________________ once they get to Europe.
4. Bawer is convinced that what will eventually take place between Islamic fundamentalism and European liberalism?
5. The narrator writes that the European elite is so removed from the realities of international affairs, and so bothered by their irrelevance in them, that they were incapable of what?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)