|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 pp 208-237.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unni Wikan, a social anthropology professor at the University of Oslo, stated that the Muslim men should not be tried to so harshly, and that the women were at fault for what reason?
(a) Because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
(b) Because they had encouraged the men.
(c) Because of the way they dress.
(d) Because they were not Muslim.
2. Even after September 11th, Europe continued to believe what?
(a) Fight terrorism around the world.
(b) They should fear the Muslims and prepare for an attack in Europe.
(c) Islamic terrorism had nothing to do with them, and that the biggest threats to peace are America and Israel.
(d) They were safe from attack, because they did not allow terrorists into their countries.
3. If a job opens up for a doctor or an educator, and a Muslim is exceedingly more qualified than ten of his or her European colleagues, the job will more likely go to whom?
(a) A European.
(b) A woman.
(c) The Muslim.
(d) An American.
4. Hirsi gradually turned away from her Islamic views and was hired by the Labor Party for what?
(a) A think tank position to research the lives of Dutch Muslim women.
(b) A think tank position to research the lives of British Muslim women.
(c) A think tank position to research the lives of French Muslim women.
(d) A think tank position to research the lives of Spanish Muslim women.
5. Europeans have developed a deep nostalgia for the "good old days of ________________."
(a) Colonial America.
(b) The world being flat.
(c) Soviet Communism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Denmark had saved its Jews during WWII. Would it do that now?
2. The United States sees immigrants as assets to be integrated into the culture. How do Europeans view immigrants?
3. She worked closely with _____________ who directed the film and Submission aired on Dutch TV.
4. After 9/11 Muslims in ___________ applauded the attacks, celebrating in the streets and calling on a holy war of their society as well.
5. ____________ is the prime example of what is happening to the west.
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)