|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 pp 208-237.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many people argue that America should just stand back and let the terrorists take over Western Europe. Why?
(a) They "must do this on their own."
(b) They "need to learn a lesson."
(c) It "serves 'em right."
(d) It "is what is best."
2. Those Muslims who live in Europe are constantly augmented by new immigrants from Arab countries, who re-infuse what?
(a) Enthusiasm for strict Islamic beliefs.
(b) Distrust in strict Islamci beliefs.
(c) Enthusiams for European pop culture.
(d) Enthusiasm for European ideals.
3. Part of the cultural difference between Americans and the Dutch, and other Europeans is that the Europeans tend to be ___________________, compared the the Americans who are more judgmental about differences.
(a) Angry and violent.
(c) Nervous and intimidated.
(d) Relaxed and passive.
4. Europeans see government as what?
(a) Head of the family.
(b) Something to be feared.
(c) The enemy.
5. Anti-Americanism in Europe is so deep and intense that they often reminisce of what time?
(a) When America was not so powerful.
(b) When America was a colony.
(c) When America was attacked.
(d) When America did not exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bawer searched for information about the Islamists in the Netherlands, and found mostly what?
2. Europeans want to ignore __________ to prevent war.
3. On September 11th, 2001, the Narrator was in ________ and turned the TV on in time to see the second plane hit the World Trade Center.
4. The narrator believes that the European attitude has created what?
5. Despite all of this European confederation, and EU unity, most Europeans are _____________ one another's cultures.
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)