|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 pp 136 - 152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bush was whose puppet, according to some Europeans?
(a) The Muslim's.
(b) His father's.
(d) The American people's.
2. The American style economy is a danger to them because of what reason?
(a) Its success means the U.S. will be the most powerful nation on the planet.
(b) Its success threatens their economy in that European nations will lose power.
(c) Its success means the end of European wealth.
(d) Its success threatens their economy in that Europe's people may want to shift to American style economy.
3. The United States sees immigrants as assets to be integrated into the culture. How do Europeans view immigrants?
(a) As upstanding citizens of society.
(b) As assets to the culture.
(c) As a waste of time.
(d) As charity cases.
4. Europe treated Arafat, Palestine's most beloved leader, as a second _________, despite all of the hate that he preached and all of his people that he impoverished while accepting European aid.
(d) King David.
5. What in France is spreading like an epidemic?
(b) The plague.
(c) The flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator writes that the European elite is so removed from the realities of international affairs, and so bothered by their irrelevance in them, that they were incapable of what?
2. Galtung has received numerous awards and honorary degrees and has held several jobs with international agencies. He is the one that introduced the idea that all international conflict can be settled through what?
3. These two negative factors were common in nations that had what policies?
4. Anti-Americanism in Europe is so deep and intense that they often reminisce of what time?
5. The ______________________ attitude seems to Bawer to be a positive thing until he noticed the social effects of it.
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)