|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 pp 51-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do journalists not argue with this method?
(a) They see themselves as educators.
(b) They do not get paid well.
(c) They are well-protected by the government.
(d) They are often physically threatened.
2. Muslim identity to a European is what?
(a) The head scarf.
(b) Their faith.
(c) Their skin color, their food, and language.
(d) A set of beliefs about living and dying that go against Western ideals.
3. Those Muslims who live in Europe are constantly augmented by new immigrants from Arab countries, who re-infuse what?
(a) Enthusiasm for strict Islamic beliefs.
(b) Distrust in strict Islamci beliefs.
(c) Enthusiams for European pop culture.
(d) Enthusiasm for European ideals.
4. The ______________________ attitude seems to Bawer to be a positive thing until he noticed the social effects of it.
5. Large-scale migration to Europe started around ________ years ago and the European establishment has since "encouraged a romantic view of Muslim immigrants," stating that they are victims and that criticizing them is racist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Europeans see government as what?
2. Why is the media so one-sided?
3. Why does the establishment allow the phenomena of wife beating, dumping, honor killing, sexual inequality, segregation and forced marriage?
4. The narrator believes that the European attitude has created what?
5. What is the main problem in Western Europe?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)