|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 pp 51-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ______________________ attitude seems to Bawer to be a positive thing until he noticed the social effects of it.
2. When this Muslim leader would walk the streets, Norwegians who recognized him did what?
(a) Avoided him.
(b) Applauded him for speaking out against the U.S. and capitalism.
(c) Cursed him for speaking out against the U.S. and capitalism.
(d) Feared him.
3. What did this leader found?
(a) The Islamic Law.
(c) The Islamic Vision.
(d) The Jewish Vision.
4. In September of 2001, "non-Western immigrants" who are synonymous with Muslims committed _________ of rapes.
5. Why is the media so one-sided?
(a) Because the government funds it.
(b) Because they fear Muslim retaliation.
(c) Because they fear the people.
(d) Because they do not trust the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Part of the cultural difference between Americans and the Dutch, and other Europeans is that the Europeans tend to be ___________________, compared the the Americans who are more judgmental about differences.
2. One of the prime examples of Europeans "faintness of heart" when dealing with Muslim's is the story of whom?
3. Immigrant Muslims take advantage of ________________________ of the European community.
4. What does the European tolerance of differences in beliefs plus the lack of help in integrating into their new home, create?
5. What was the name of this man's autobiography?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)