|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 pp 51-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Part of the cultural difference between Americans and the Dutch, and other Europeans is that the Europeans tend to be ___________________, compared the the Americans who are more judgmental about differences.
(a) Nervous and intimidated.
(c) Relaxed and passive.
(d) Angry and violent.
2. What does the European tolerance of differences in beliefs plus the lack of help in integrating into their new home, create?
(a) A "separate but equal" state.
(b) A comfortable way for both Muslims and Europeans to live in peace.
(c) An environment of isolation for the Muslim community.
(d) A content, yet isolated Muslim community.
3. What was the name of this man's autobiography?
(a) In My Own Words.
(b) Allah, in My Own Words.
(c) My Muhammad.
(d) My Life.
4. Bawer is convinced that what will eventually take place between Islamic fundamentalism and European liberalism?
(a) A clash.
(b) A separation.
(c) A mutual understanding.
5. Why does the establishment allow the phenomena of wife beating, dumping, honor killing, sexual inequality, segregation and forced marriage?
(a) In order to allow religious freedoms.
(b) In order to live "peacefully" in a multicultural society.
(c) They do not allow it.
(d) In order to show respect to Muslims.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ______________________ attitude seems to Bawer to be a positive thing until he noticed the social effects of it.
2. Lin Silje Nilson is an historian who supports establishing a sharia court in Norway for what reason?
3. Muslim immigrants are usually from where, which means they are more conservative and against Western values?
4. What is the main problem in Western Europe?
5. When does the Dutch government begin to take these isolated incidents seriously?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)