|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 pp189-208.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She argued that if Europe continues to do what, the result will be the "preservation of the migrant's separateness, particularisms," and reason for them to maintain the legal ideals of their countries of origin?
(a) Accept Arab immigrants without helping or making them integrate.
(b) Be influenced by American thinking.
(c) Judge others by their beliefs.
(d) Not allow Arab immigrants into their countries.
2. According to Bawer, do countries such as Norway and Sweden assist new immigrants of non-white race to integrate into communities?
(a) Yes, sometimes.
(b) Yes, all the time.
(c) Yes, usually.
3. The message thanks Americans for giving the world Abraham Lincoln, Jimi Hendrix, Julia Roberts, Miles Davis, and a continuing list of ________________.
(b) Pop culture classics.
(d) Political leaders.
4. Someone in Norway created an e-mail petition called what?
(a) "Hello America!"
(b) "Where Are You America?"
(c) "Good Bye America!"
(d) "Help Us America!"
5. Despite all of this European confederation, and EU unity, most Europeans are _____________ one another's cultures.
(a) Interested in.
(b) Jealous of.
(c) Indifferent to.
(d) Unsure of.
Short Answer Questions
1. The similarities between Norwegians and the Dutch were ______________ their differences.
2. What are young Islamics taught about non-Muslims?
3. Why is corruption high in Muslim countries?
4. After death threats, Hirsi moved to the U.S. for a few years but returned to Europe to do what?
5. Large-scale migration to Europe started around ________ years ago and the European establishment has since "encouraged a romantic view of Muslim immigrants," stating that they are victims and that criticizing them is racist.
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)