|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does the narrator's wife call him the last time they spoke?
(d) Wet brain.
2. Why does the narrator's landlord grin when he sees him?
(a) The landlord is always happy.
(b) The narrator is naked.
(c) The narrator is in boxer shorts.
(d) The narrator waves to him.
3. What is J.P.'s wife's name?
4. How old is J.P.?
(b) About thirty.
5. How much does the narrator's phone call on New Year's Eve cost?
(a) A dollar.
(b) A quarter.
(c) A dime.
(d) Fifty cents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say he needs to talk to his wife?
2. What word does the narrator use for a drink?
3. Where is Tiny hoping to be on New Year's Eve?
4. On another occasion, how does J.P. physically injure his wife?
5. What phrase does J.P. use to describe his wife physical appearance when they met?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tiny stay at the facility?
2. Give an example of a character feeling stigmatized.
3. What does Frank Martin's name suggest?
4. How do the narrator's two trips to the treatment facility differ?
5. Why is the narrator so enthralled by J.P.'s stories?
6. Give one example of a character in the story being self-deprecating.
7. Is Frank Martin an alcoholic?
8. Describe the character Frank Martin.
9. What are the signs that J.P. is making a recovery?
10. Why does the proprietor tell the narrator and J.P. that Jack London was an alcoholic?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)