Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator ask J.P.'s wife to do?
(a) Have coffee.
(b) Tell him a story.
(c) Shake his hand.
(d) Kiss him.
2. What is one thing J.P. worries about when he is in the well?
(a) That something would fall on him.
(b) That he would starve to death.
(c) All of the above.
(d) That it would rain.
3. What health news does the narrator's girlfriend receive on Christmas Eve?
(a) She has an abnormal Pap smear.
(b) She has a malignant tumor.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has to have surgery.
4. What does a kiss from a chimney sweep supposedly bring?
(b) Bad health.
(c) New job.
(d) Good luck.
5. What word does the narrator use for a drink?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day does Tiny return from the hospital to the facility?
2. What did the narrator wake up wanting on New Year's Day?
3. What is J.P.'s wife driving the day they meet?
4. How does J.P.'s wife's father feel about J.P. when they are dating?
5. What phrase does the narrator say whenever J.P. stops telling his story about meeting and dating his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the narrator so enthralled by J.P.'s stories?
2. Why does Tiny stay at the facility?
3. What does Joe Penny's name suggest?
4. What is J.P.'s wife a symbol of?
5. Give an example of how the image of hills and valleys is used by the author.
6. How is the image of cold weather used in the story?
7. Give an example of sarcasm in the story.
8. Why does Roxy say yes to a date with J.P.?
9. In the section about the landlord, what does the narrator's nakedness represent?
10. What is the significance of the way Roxy is dressed on New Year's Day?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)