|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's landlord?
(a) Mr. Pastorini.
(b) Mr. Venturini.
(c) Mr. Contadini.
(d) Mr. Orsini.
2. When J.P. is out and misses dinner at home, what does he eat?
(a) Fast food.
(b) Salted nuts.
(c) Fried chicken.
(d) Snacks at the bar.
3. How long is Tiny in the hospital after his fall?
(a) A day.
(b) Two days.
(c) Almost a week.
(d) Three days.
4. What color is J.P.'s wife wearing when they meet?
5. What was the short story the narrator read about?
(a) A man in a cabin.
(b) A man on a camping trip.
(c) A man on a sledding trip.
(d) A man freezing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the patients watch on TV on New Year's Eve?
2. Who takes J.P. to the treatment facility?
3. What food do the narrator and his girlfriend buy for the trip to the facility?
4. When the story opens, how long have the narrator and J.P. been at the facility?
5. How long has Tiny been at the facility?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give an example of sarcasm in the story.
2. Chimney sweeping is an uncommon job. Why would the author choose it?
3. How does J.P. treat his wife?
4. Why does the narrator not tell J.P. that he woke up on New Year's Day wanting a drink?
5. What is the significance of Christmas in the story?
6. In the section about the landlord, what does the narrator's nakedness represent?
7. Why does the narrator want to ask Tiny more about his seizure?
8. Does the narrator believe that "the guy who travels" actually travels?
9. How does the narrator feel about his girlfriend?
10. What do you think the narrator intends to say to his girlfriend besides "It's me" when he calls?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)