|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story is Tiny telling when the breakfast incident occurs?
(a) About hunting.
(b) About meeting his wife.
(c) About New Year's Eve.
(d) About a drinking bout.
2. Why does the proprietor suggest the narrator stay longer at the facility this time?
(a) The facility needs money.
(b) The narrator needs a rest.
(c) The holidays are hard.
(d) The narrator looks bad.
3. How many times has the narrator been at the facility?
4. What is the name of the narrator's landlord?
(a) Mr. Contadini.
(b) Mr. Pastorini.
(c) Mr. Orsini.
(d) Mr. Venturini.
5. Which window is the narrator standing in when he is watching the landlord?
(b) Living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term of endearment does the narrator use for his girlfriend?
2. What does a kiss from a chimney sweep supposedly bring?
3. What country does "the guy who travels" want to make contacts in?
4. What does the facility serve for New Year's Eve dinner?
5. According to the narrator, what is J.P.'s emotional state at the beginning of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tiny represent?
2. Why is the narrator's girlfriend's son "mouthy"?
3. How does J.P. act when he tells the story about his descent into alcoholism?
4. Discuss how J.P.'s experience as a child in the well mirrors his experience as an adult alcoholic.
5. Why does the narrator remember the story of the landlord painting?
6. Describe the character Tiny.
7. How does the narrator feel about his girlfriend?
8. Give an example of a character in the story thinking fatalistically.
9. Why does the narrator use the term "drunk" instead of "alcoholic"?
10. What do you think the narrator intends to say to his girlfriend besides "It's me" when he calls?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)