|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does J.P. call the narrator?
2. Where does the narrator watch his girlfriend drive away?
(a) The front steps.
(b) The door.
(c) The window.
(d) The porch.
3. On the narrator's first stay at the facility, the proprietor tells him that the staff can help him if what happens?
(a) If he pays in advance.
(b) If he wants help and listens to what they say.
(c) If he agrees to psychotherapy.
(d) If he stays at least two weeks.
4. How does J.P.'s wife's father feel about J.P. when they are dating?
(a) He likes him immediately.
(b) He warns his daughter to "watch out."
(c) He thinks he is a loser.
(d) He thinks he is immature.
5. Who is Frank Martin?
(a) The narrator's friend.
(b) Another patient at the facility.
(c) The narrator's boss.
(d) The proprietor of the facility.
6. What object is used to rescue J.P. from the well?
(a) Thick cable.
(c) Fire truck.
7. Why does the narrator's landlord do the remembered task in the early morning?
(a) He wants to wake the narrator up.
(b) Because rain is expected.
(c) Because he has somewhere else to go.
(d) Before it gets too hot.
8. What state is the girlfriend in when they arrive at the facility?
(c) Crying and upset.
9. When does J.P. ask his wife on a first date?
(a) The night they meet.
(b) A week after they meet.
(c) The day after they meet.
(d) He doesn't ask her; she asks him.
10. How many children does the narrator have?
(b) One daughter.
(d) One son.
11. How does the narrator describe his own age?
(a) A little older than J.P.
(b) A little younger than J.P.
(c) Over forty.
(d) Nearing fifty.
12. Where do J.P. and his wife live?
(a) With his wife's parents.
(b) In their own home.
(c) In a rented house.
(d) In a rented apartment.
13. What kind of head covering does the landlord wear?
(a) Baseball cap.
(b) Skull cap.
14. What does the girlfriend say to the proprietor when she and the narrator arrive at the facility?
(a) "Guess who's here."
(b) "I think you're expecting him."
(c) "What a dump."
(d) "Nice place you got here."
15. What word does the narrator use for a drink?
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase does the narrator say whenever J.P. stops telling his story about meeting and dating his wife?
2. What is Tiny hoping to drink on New Year's Eve?
3. What kind of New Year's Eve cake is it?
4. What is J.P.'s real name?
5. What day of the week is it when the landlord performs the task that the narrator remembers?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)