|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When J.P. discovers his wife's affair, what does he do?
(a) Attacks her boyfriend.
(b) Cuts her wedding ring to pieces.
(c) Starts a fight in a bar.
(d) Wrecks his car.
2. What is the narrator's first name?
(a) His name is not given.
3. What does the narrator want to ask Tiny about what happened to him during breakfast?
(a) If he feels better.
(b) What the hospital was like.
(c) If he had any signal before it happened.
(d) If the incident has happened to him before.
4. On her visit to the facility, where does J.P.'s wife want to go with him?
(a) To his room.
(b) To town for lunch.
(c) On a drive.
(d) On a walk.
5. Why does the narrator's landlord grin when he sees him?
(a) The landlord is always happy.
(b) The narrator is naked.
(c) The narrator waves to him.
(d) The narrator is in boxer shorts.
6. How does the narrator describe himself and others at the facility?
(a) As alcoholics.
(b) As addicts.
(c) As drunks.
(d) As losers.
7. What is written on the New Year's Eve cake?
(a) Health and Happiness.
(b) Auld Lang Syne.
(c) Happy New Year - One Day at a Time.
(d) Happy Holidays.
8. What does J.P. say he wanted to do when he got out of high school?
(a) Absolutely nothing.
(b) To join the Navy.
(c) To go to college.
(d) To be a fireman.
9. Where was J.P. when he met his wife?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) Out with friends.
(c) At a party.
(d) In a bar.
10. When does J.P. ask his wife on a first date?
(a) The day after they meet.
(b) The night they meet.
(c) He doesn't ask her; she asks him.
(d) A week after they meet.
11. When was the last time the narrator spoke to his wife?
(a) A year ago.
(b) A couple of weeks ago.
(c) A month or two ago.
(d) A few days ago.
12. How long has Tiny been at the facility?
(a) A day or two.
(b) Almost two weeks.
(c) Les than a week.
(d) Almost a month.
13. Where do the narrator and J.P. place their feet while sitting on the porch?
(a) On stools.
(b) On other chairs.
(c) On the rungs of their chairs.
(d) On the porch railing.
14. What three things does J.P. remember seeing when he looked up from the bottom of the well?
(a) Blue sky, cloud, birds.
(b) Cloud, birds, insects.
(c) Blue sky, insects, trees.
(d) Airplane, cloud, birds.
15. What did the famous writer who lived near the facility die of?
(a) Alcoholism and drug abuse.
(b) He shot himself.
(d) He was in a plane crash.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what is J.P.'s emotional state at the beginning of the story?
2. What is J.P.'s wife's name?
3. Where does the narrator watch his girlfriend drive away?
4. Whose car do the narrator and his girlfriend take to the facility?
5. How does Tiny fall at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)