|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When J.P. discovers his wife's affair, what does he do?
(a) Starts a fight in a bar.
(b) Wrecks his car.
(c) Attacks her boyfriend.
(d) Cuts her wedding ring to pieces.
2. What word does J.P. use to describe how the facility's proprietor makes him feel?
3. Which of the following is J.P.'s wife NOT wearing when she visits?
(b) Knit cap.
4. Why do the narrator and J.P. look forward to meals?
(a) They think the food at the facility is good.
(b) They feel hungry all the time.
(c) It gives them something to do.
(d) They hope they will be hungry.
5. What effect does J.P.'s voice have on the narrator?
(c) Makes him sleepy.
(d) Calming and relaxing.
6. What is J.P.'s real name?
(a) Joe Penny.
(b) Jim Penny.
(c) Jack Penny.
(d) Jules Penny.
7. Where on their bodies do many residents at the facility, including J.P., have cuts?
8. What does the narrator's girlfriend do for a living?
9. What happens to Tiny one day at breakfast?
(a) He has a seizure.
(b) He has a heart attack.
(c) He chokes on his food.
(d) He has a stroke.
10. What physical thing happens to J.P. in the well?
(a) He scraped his hands.
(b) He broke his wrist.
(c) He vomited.
(d) He wet his pants.
11. What does a kiss from a chimney sweep supposedly bring?
(b) Bad health.
(c) Good luck.
(d) New job.
12. What is Tiny's profession?
(a) Truck driver.
(c) Chimney sweep.
13. What does the narrator eat for Christmas dinner?
(c) He doesn't eat.
(d) Soup and a roll.
14. What is J.P.'s wife's name?
15. What part of J.P.'s body gets broken on the job?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was J.P. doing when he met his wife?
2. What is the physical appearance of J.P.'s wife, according to the narrator?
3. What did the famous writer who lived near the facility die of?
4. Who is Frank Martin?
5. What phrase does J.P. use to describe his wife physical appearance when they met?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)