|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does J.P. say he switched drinks?
(a) To get drunk faster.
(b) He liked the taste.
(c) He doesn't know.
(d) His wife influenced him.
2. What is J.P.'s wife driving the day they meet?
(a) A jalopy.
(b) A pick-up truck.
(c) A van.
(d) A panel truck.
3. After J.P. gets married, what word does he use to describe how he feels about his life?
4. What name does the narrator's wife call him the last time they spoke?
(a) Wet brain.
5. What is J.P.'s good news on New Year's Eve?
(a) His wife is coming to visit in the morning.
(b) His wife and children are coming to visit in the morning.
(c) His wife called to say she loves him.
(d) His wife is coming to visit in a few days.
6. What do J.P. and the narrator use for an ashtray?
(a) A lid.
(b) A coal bucket.
(c) A tin can.
(d) A coffee mug.
7. What landscapes are mentioned throughout the story?
(b) Hills and valleys.
(c) Rivers and streams.
8. What does the facility serve for New Year's Eve dinner?
9. What time of day is it when J.P. begins telling stories to the narrator?
(a) Eleven in the morning.
(c) Just after lunch.
10. How old is J.P.'s wife when they meet?
(a) He doesn't say.
11. How many pieces of cake does J.P. eat?
(b) One, and saves one for later.
12. Where do J.P. and his wife go on subsequent dates?
(d) Drive-in movies.
13. What is the physical appearance of J.P.'s wife, according to the narrator?
(a) Tall and good-looking.
(b) Tall and blonde.
(c) Tall and red-haired.
(d) Tall and slim.
14. What weather condition is mentioned frequently in the story?
15. Who is Frank Martin?
(a) Another patient at the facility.
(b) The proprietor of the facility.
(c) The narrator's boss.
(d) The narrator's friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does "the guy who travels" say he travels?
2. What does J.P. say he wanted to do when he got out of high school?
3. What is the name of the narrator's landlord?
4. After his girlfriend leaves, where does the narrator sit?
5. What day of the week is it when the landlord performs the task that the narrator remembers?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)