|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather when the narrator and his girlfriend drive to the facility?
(b) Ice storm.
(c) Sunny and clear.
2. What word does the narrator constantly use to describe his girlfriend's teenager?
3. How long is Tiny in the hospital after his fall?
(a) Three days.
(b) A day.
(c) Two days.
(d) Almost a week.
4. What color is J.P.'s wife wearing when they meet?
5. Where on their bodies do many residents at the facility, including J.P., have cuts?
6. When was the last time the narrator spoke to his wife?
(a) A year ago.
(b) A few days ago.
(c) A couple of weeks ago.
(d) A month or two ago.
7. How old is J.P. when he falls down a dry well?
8. When did the narrator read the short story he mentions?
(a) When he was married.
(b) He doesn't remember when.
(c) High school.
9. What kind of New Year's Eve cake is it?
(a) German chocolate.
(b) White with pink lettering.
(c) Chocolate with pink lettering.
10. What does a kiss from a chimney sweep supposedly bring?
(a) Good luck.
(b) New job.
(d) Bad health.
11. What does the facility serve for New Year's Eve dinner?
12. How does J.P.'s wife give him her phone number when he asks her out the first time?
(a) On a piece of paper.
(b) On a business card.
(c) She writes it on his hand.
(d) She says it twice.
13. What day of the week is it when the landlord performs the task that the narrator remembers?
(b) The narrator can't remember.
14. What time of day is it when J.P. begins telling stories to the narrator?
(b) Eleven in the morning.
(d) Just after lunch.
15. As he tells his stories, why can J.P. not use his hands?
(a) They are cold.
(b) They are trembling badly.
(c) They feel numb.
(d) One of them is broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does the narrator have?
2. Who is Frank Martin?
3. When the narrator and his girlfriend arrive at the facility, what does the girlfriend do?
4. After J.P. gets married, what word does he use to describe how he feels about his life?
5. What is the physical appearance of J.P.'s wife, according to the narrator?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)