|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object is used to rescue J.P. from the well?
(b) Thick cable.
(d) Fire truck.
2. What accident does J.P. have at work?
(a) Falls off a roof.
(b) Chokes on soot.
(c) Falls off a porch.
(d) Gets stuck in a chimney.
3. What is J.P.'s wife driving the day they meet?
(a) A van.
(b) A jalopy.
(c) A pick-up truck.
(d) A panel truck.
4. Where does J.P. tell his stories to the narrator?
(a) On the front porch.
(b) On a walk.
(c) In the dining room.
(d) On the back porch.
5. According to "the guy who travels," why is he at the facility?
(a) He hit his wife.
(b) He caused a commotion on a plane.
(c) He was drunk at work.
(d) He has no idea.
6. What is the physical appearance of J.P.'s wife, according to the narrator?
(a) Tall and blonde.
(b) Tall and red-haired.
(c) Tall and slim.
(d) Tall and good-looking.
7. How do the other patients respond when Tiny tells his story at breakfast?
(a) They tell him to be quiet.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They interrupt him.
(d) They laugh and shake their heads.
8. How much does the narrator's phone call on New Year's Eve cost?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) A quarter.
(c) A dime.
(d) A dollar.
9. Why does the narrator say he needs to talk to his wife?
(a) He has things at her house that he needs to get.
(b) He wants to find out how she is.
(c) They need to talk about money.
(d) He wants to tell her he still loves her.
10. Which window is the narrator standing in when he is watching the landlord?
(d) Living room.
11. Who gives his New Year's Eve dinner to the narrator?
(b) An unnamed patient.
(d) Frank Martin.
12. Where do J.P. and his wife go on subsequent dates?
(b) Drive-in movies.
13. What does the narrator eat for Christmas dinner?
(b) He doesn't eat.
(d) Soup and a roll.
14. Who takes J.P. to the treatment facility?
(a) His father.
(b) His in-laws.
(c) His wife.
(d) The police.
15. How old is J.P.'s wife when they meet?
(c) He doesn't say.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does J.P. give for his starting to drink heavily?
2. What time of day is it when J.P. begins telling stories to the narrator?
3. What is the proprietor wearing when he speaks to J.P. and the narrator on the porch?
4. How does the narrator describe his own age?
5. What story is Tiny telling when the breakfast incident occurs?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)