|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the proprietor wearing when he speaks to J.P. and the narrator on the porch?
(a) A wool coat.
(b) A sweater.
(c) A down vest.
(d) A down jacket.
2. How do the other patients respond when Tiny tells his story at breakfast?
(a) They tell him to be quiet.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They interrupt him.
(d) They laugh and shake their heads.
3. What is the first thing the narrator and J.P. talk about when they meet?
(a) The location of the facility.
(b) What they ate for breakfast.
(c) How they got to the facility.
(d) The weather.
4. At the beginning of the story, what physical symptom is the narrator having that concerns him?
(a) Hands trembling.
(b) Leg pain.
(c) Shoulder and neck twitching.
5. What happens to Tiny one day at breakfast?
(a) He has a heart attack.
(b) He has a stroke.
(c) He has a seizure.
(d) He chokes on his food.
6. What does J.P. say his courtship with his wife mainly revolved around?
(a) Holding Hands.
(d) Cleaning chimneys.
7. When was the last time the narrator spoke to his wife?
(a) A couple of weeks ago.
(b) A year ago.
(c) A few days ago.
(d) A month or two ago.
8. What part of J.P.'s body does he say his wife could "set atremble"?
9. What is the earliest in the day that J.P. drinks?
(a) With lunch.
(b) After brushing his teeth.
(c) Right before lunch.
(d) Before brushing his teeth and having his morning coffee.
10. How long is Tiny in the hospital after his fall?
(a) Almost a week.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two days.
(d) A day.
11. What weather condition is mentioned frequently in the story?
12. What landscapes are mentioned throughout the story?
(a) Rivers and streams.
(d) Hills and valleys.
13. What does the narrator's girlfriend do for a living?
14. Why does the narrator's landlord grin when he sees him?
(a) The narrator is in boxer shorts.
(b) The narrator waves to him.
(c) The narrator is naked.
(d) The landlord is always happy.
15. What does J.P. carry to work in a thermos?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the proprietor suggest the narrator stay longer at the facility this time?
2. When J.P. is out and misses dinner at home, what does he eat?
3. How long has Tiny been at the facility?
4. As he tells his stories, why can J.P. not use his hands?
5. What nickname does J.P. call the narrator?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)