|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of J.P.'s arrest?
(a) He loses his license and can't drive to work.
(b) He has to pay a fine.
(c) He spends two nights in jail.
(d) His car is impounded.
2. What is Tiny hoping to drink on New Year's Eve?
(b) Hot chocolate.
(d) Ginger ale.
3. What part of J.P.'s body does he say his wife could "set atremble"?
4. What does the proprietor smoke?
(d) He doesn't smoke.
5. What do J.P. and the narrator drink on the porch on the morning of New Year's Day?
6. What is written on the New Year's Eve cake?
(a) Auld Lang Syne.
(b) Happy New Year - One Day at a Time.
(c) Health and Happiness.
(d) Happy Holidays.
7. Which addictions does the rehabilitation center treat?
(a) Alcoholism and heroin abuse.
(b) Alcoholism and cocaine abuse.
(c) Alcoholism and gambling.
8. Who advises J.P.'s wife to leave him?
(a) Her boss.
(b) Her father and brother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her best friend.
9. Which famous writer once lived near the facility?
(a) Jack London.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Tennessee Williams.
10. How old is J.P.?
(a) About thirty.
11. Where is Tiny hoping to be on New Year's Eve?
(a) At home with his wife.
(b) In Times Square.
(c) At a friend's party.
(d) At home with his girlfriend.
12. How many times has the narrator been at the facility?
13. What is it about J.P.'s wife that "knocks him for a loop" when they first meet?
(a) Her height.
(b) Her baseball cap.
(c) Her blue eyes.
(d) Her top hat.
14. Where do J.P. and his wife live?
(a) In a rented apartment.
(b) In a rented house.
(c) In their own home.
(d) With his wife's parents.
15. How much does the narrator's phone call on New Year's Eve cost?
(a) A dollar.
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) A dime.
(d) A quarter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the physical appearance of J.P.'s wife, according to the narrator?
2. What is the weather when the narrator and his girlfriend drive to the facility?
3. In the narrator's memories, what is the landlord doing one morning?
4. What word does the narrator constantly use to describe his girlfriend's teenager?
5. What do the patients watch on TV on New Year's Eve?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)