|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was J.P. doing when he met his wife?
(a) Drinking and playing records.
(b) Drinking cheap wine.
(c) Talking to another girl.
(d) Playing cards.
2. What mixed drink does J.P. eventually switch to?
(a) Rum and coke.
(c) Gin and tonic.
(d) Scotch and soda.
3. Which addictions does the rehabilitation center treat?
(b) Alcoholism and cocaine abuse.
(c) Alcoholism and gambling.
(d) Alcoholism and heroin abuse.
4. How many pieces of cake does J.P. eat?
(a) One, and saves one for later.
5. On what charge is J.P. arrested?
(a) Drunk driving.
(b) Driving without his license.
(d) Leaving the scene of an accident.
6. What does J.P. say he wanted to do when he got out of high school?
(a) To join the Navy.
(b) To go to college.
(c) Absolutely nothing.
(d) To be a fireman.
7. In the story, how long has J.P. been married?
(a) He doesn't say.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Twelve years.
8. Why does the narrator's landlord grin when he sees him?
(a) The landlord is always happy.
(b) The narrator waves to him.
(c) The narrator is naked.
(d) The narrator is in boxer shorts.
9. How does the narrator pay for his stay at the facility?
(c) He arranges to be billed.
(d) Credit card.
10. What is Tiny hoping to drink on New Year's Eve?
(a) Hot chocolate.
(d) Ginger ale.
11. Why does the narrator say he needs to talk to his wife?
(a) He has things at her house that he needs to get.
(b) They need to talk about money.
(c) He wants to tell her he still loves her.
(d) He wants to find out how she is.
12. How many children does the narrator's girlfriend have?
(a) One son.
(b) A son and a daughter.
(c) One daughter.
(d) Two sons.
13. Who is Frank Martin?
(a) The narrator's friend.
(b) Another patient at the facility.
(c) The narrator's boss.
(d) The proprietor of the facility.
14. How old is J.P.?
(d) About thirty.
15. What is the narrator's first name?
(b) His name is not given.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the teenager say when the narrator and his girlfriend are leaving for the facility?
2. When does J.P. officially become a chimney sweep?
3. How old is J.P. when he meets his wife?
4. How long does the proprietor of the facility recommend that patients stay in treatment?
5. When J.P. discovers his wife's affair, what does he do?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)