|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his girlfriend leaves, where does the narrator sit?
(a) On the staircase.
(b) In his room.
(c) In a big chair in the main room.
(d) On the porch.
2. When J.P. physically fights with his wife, what does she do?
(a) Calls the police.
(b) Goes to her parents' house.
(d) Fights back.
3. Where does the character that the narrator calls "the guy who travels" say he goes regularly?
(d) Europe and other places.
4. What nickname does J.P. call the narrator?
5. Where do the narrator and his girlfriend decide to have Christmas dinner?
(a) The narrator's house.
(b) A steak restaurant.
(c) The girlfriend's apartment.
(d) A diner.
6. Why does the narrator's landlord do the remembered task in the early morning?
(a) He wants to wake the narrator up.
(b) Because he has somewhere else to go.
(c) Before it gets too hot.
(d) Because rain is expected.
7. What was the short story the narrator read about?
(a) A man freezing.
(b) A man on a sledding trip.
(c) A man in a cabin.
(d) A man on a camping trip.
8. In the story, how long has J.P. been married?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) He doesn't say.
9. Who takes J.P. to the treatment facility?
(a) The police.
(b) His in-laws.
(c) His wife.
(d) His father.
10. How long does the proprietor of the facility recommend that patients stay in treatment?
(a) At least a week.
(b) A day or two.
(c) At least a month.
(d) At least two months.
11. On the drive to the facility after dinner, what do the narrator and his girlfriend drink?
(c) Red wine.
12. When does the narrator's appetite return?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) After two days.
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) After a week.
13. What happens to Tiny one day at breakfast?
(a) He has a stroke.
(b) He has a seizure.
(c) He chokes on his food.
(d) He has a heart attack.
14. As he tells his stories, why can J.P. not use his hands?
(a) They feel numb.
(b) They are trembling badly.
(c) One of them is broken.
(d) They are cold.
15. How old is J.P.?
(d) About thirty.
Short Answer Questions
1. When J.P. is out and misses dinner at home, what does he eat?
2. How long has Tiny been at the facility?
3. What kind of head covering does the landlord wear?
4. How many times has the narrator been at the facility?
5. What day of the week is it when the landlord performs the task that the narrator remembers?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)