|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the title phrase "Where I'm Calling From" appear in the story?
(a) Toward the middle.
(b) On the first page.
(c) In the first paragraph.
(d) In the final paragraph.
2. Which of the following is J.P.'s wife NOT wearing when she visits?
(a) Knit cap.
3. How old is J.P.?
(d) About thirty.
4. What do J.P. and the narrator do at the end of New Year's Eve?
(a) Say "One day at a time."
(b) Start to sahke hands, then hug instead.
(c) Shake hands.
5. How long were the narrator and his wife married?
(a) Five years.
(b) Three years.
(c) He doesn't say.
(d) Ten years.
6. What day of the week is it when the landlord performs the task that the narrator remembers?
(c) The narrator can't remember.
7. What physical thing happens to J.P. in the well?
(a) He vomited.
(b) He wet his pants.
(c) He broke his wrist.
(d) He scraped his hands.
8. What was the short story the narrator read about?
(a) A man on a sledding trip.
(b) A man on a camping trip.
(c) A man in a cabin.
(d) A man freezing.
9. Why does the narrator say he needs to talk to his wife?
(a) He wants to find out how she is.
(b) He has things at her house that he needs to get.
(c) He wants to tell her he still loves her.
(d) They need to talk about money.
10. What did the narrator wake up wanting on New Year's Day?
(a) To talk to his wife.
(b) A drink.
(c) Lots of food.
(d) To go home.
11. Whom does the narrator try to call on New Year's Eve?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) His wife.
(c) His boss.
(d) His landlord.
12. How does J.P.'s wife respond to the advice to leave her husband?
(a) She says she will think about it.
(b) She gets angry and says it's nobody's business.
(c) She says she got herself into it and she will solve it.
(d) She takes the advice.
13. What is the physical appearance of J.P.'s wife, according to the narrator?
(a) Tall and blonde.
(b) Tall and slim.
(c) Tall and red-haired.
(d) Tall and good-looking.
14. What word does J.P. use to describe how the facility's proprietor makes him feel?
15. What animal noise does Tiny make when he comes downstairs one morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is it when J.P. begins telling stories to the narrator?
2. What state is the girlfriend in when they arrive at the facility?
3. What object is used to rescue J.P. from the well?
4. What is the name of the narrator's landlord?
5. How does the narrator pay for his stay at the facility?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)