Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator ask J.P.'s wife to do?
(a) Have coffee.
(b) Tell him a story.
(c) Shake his hand.
(d) Kiss him.
2. What is one thing J.P. worries about when he is in the well?
(a) That something would fall on him.
(b) That he would starve to death.
(c) All of the above.
(d) That it would rain.
3. What health news does the narrator's girlfriend receive on Christmas Eve?
(a) She has an abnormal Pap smear.
(b) She has a malignant tumor.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has to have surgery.
4. What does a kiss from a chimney sweep supposedly bring?
(b) Bad health.
(c) New job.
(d) Good luck.
5. What word does the narrator use for a drink?
6. What time of day does Tiny return from the hospital to the facility?
(a) In time for breakfast.
(b) Just after breakfast.
(c) Just after lunch.
(d) Around dinner.
7. What did the narrator wake up wanting on New Year's Day?
(a) A drink.
(b) To go home.
(c) Lots of food.
(d) To talk to his wife.
8. What is J.P.'s wife driving the day they meet?
(a) A pick-up truck.
(b) A van.
(c) A jalopy.
(d) A panel truck.
9. How does J.P.'s wife's father feel about J.P. when they are dating?
(a) He thinks he is a loser.
(b) He likes him immediately.
(c) He warns his daughter to "watch out."
(d) He thinks he is immature.
10. What phrase does the narrator say whenever J.P. stops telling his story about meeting and dating his wife?
(a) "Is that it?"
(b) "Then what?"
(c) "You can stop."
(d) "Let me guess..."
11. What does the girlfriend say to the proprietor when she and the narrator arrive at the facility?
(a) "I think you're expecting him."
(b) "What a dump."
(c) "Nice place you got here."
(d) "Guess who's here."
12. How many children do J.P. and his wife have?
13. Where was J.P. when he met his wife?
(a) At a party.
(b) At a friend's house.
(c) Out with friends.
(d) In a bar.
14. What is written on the New Year's Eve cake?
(a) Happy New Year - One Day at a Time.
(b) Auld Lang Syne.
(c) Happy Holidays.
(d) Health and Happiness.
15. In the story, how long has J.P. been married?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) He doesn't say.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator eat for Christmas dinner?
2. What is it about J.P.'s wife that "knocks him for a loop" when they first meet?
3. What kind of New Year's Eve cake is it?
4. How many children does the narrator's girlfriend have?
5. Who is Frank Martin?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)