|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brought the narrator to the facility for his first stay?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His wife.
(d) He drove himself.
2. Why does the narrator's landlord do the remembered task in the early morning?
(a) Before it gets too hot.
(b) Because rain is expected.
(c) Because he has somewhere else to go.
(d) He wants to wake the narrator up.
3. What does a kiss from a chimney sweep supposedly bring?
(a) Good luck.
(b) New job.
(d) Bad health.
4. What phrase does the narrator use for casually talking with someone?
(a) "Shooting the breeze."
(b) "Chewing the fat."
(c) "Batting the breeze."
(d) "Shooting the bull."
5. Whom does the narrator try to call on New Year's Eve?
(a) His boss.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His landlord.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the famous writer who lived near the facility die of?
2. What does the narrator's girlfriend do for a living?
3. What animal noise does Tiny make when he comes downstairs one morning?
4. What country does "the guy who travels" want to make contacts in?
5. How does J.P.'s wife give him her phone number when he asks her out the first time?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)