|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which addictions does the rehabilitation center treat?
(b) Alcoholism and heroin abuse.
(c) Alcoholism and gambling.
(d) Alcoholism and cocaine abuse.
2. How does Tiny fall at the beginning of the story?
(a) Onto the floor while getting up from his chair.
(b) Slumps across the table.
(c) From a standing position onto the floor.
(d) From a seated position in his chair onto the floor.
3. Where did J.P. grow up?
(a) In a trailer park.
(b) Outside a big city.
(c) In a small town.
(d) On a farm.
4. How long does the proprietor of the facility recommend that patients stay in treatment?
(a) At least two months.
(b) A day or two.
(c) At least a month.
(d) At least a week.
5. Why does the proprietor suggest the narrator stay longer at the facility this time?
(a) The narrator needs a rest.
(b) The facility needs money.
(c) The narrator looks bad.
(d) The holidays are hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator and his girlfriend arrive at the facility, what does the girlfriend do?
2. What part of J.P.'s body does he say his wife could "set atremble"?
3. How does "the guy who travels" get to the facility?
4. How old is J.P.'s wife when they meet?
5. How much does the narrator's phone call on New Year's Eve cost?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)