|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the proprietor of the facility recommend that patients stay in treatment?
(a) At least a month.
(b) A day or two.
(c) At least a week.
(d) At least two months.
2. What did the narrator wake up wanting on New Year's Day?
(a) To talk to his wife.
(b) Lots of food.
(c) To go home.
(d) A drink.
3. Why does the proprietor suggest the narrator stay longer at the facility this time?
(a) The narrator needs a rest.
(b) The facility needs money.
(c) The narrator looks bad.
(d) The holidays are hard.
4. What accident does J.P. have at work?
(a) Chokes on soot.
(b) Gets stuck in a chimney.
(c) Falls off a porch.
(d) Falls off a roof.
5. What weather condition is mentioned frequently in the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes blackouts, according to "the guy who travels"?
2. When did the narrator read the short story he mentions?
3. Who gives his New Year's Eve dinner to the narrator?
4. What is the earliest in the day that J.P. drinks?
5. Where was J.P. when he met his wife?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)