|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do J.P. and the narrator use for an ashtray?
(a) A coal bucket.
(b) A tin can.
(c) A coffee mug.
(d) A lid.
2. What is Tiny's profession?
(c) Chimney sweep.
(d) Truck driver.
3. What story is Tiny telling when the breakfast incident occurs?
(a) About meeting his wife.
(b) About a drinking bout.
(c) About hunting.
(d) About New Year's Eve.
4. What does the girlfriend say to the proprietor when she and the narrator arrive at the facility?
(a) "Nice place you got here."
(b) "Guess who's here."
(c) "I think you're expecting him."
(d) "What a dump."
5. Who is Frank Martin?
(a) The proprietor of the facility.
(b) The narrator's friend.
(c) The narrator's boss.
(d) Another patient at the facility.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "the guy who travels," why is he at the facility?
2. When does the title phrase "Where I'm Calling From" appear in the story?
3. What does the teenager say when the narrator and his girlfriend are leaving for the facility?
4. On another occasion, how does J.P. physically injure his wife?
5. Who brought the narrator to the facility for his first stay?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)