|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does "the guy who travels" say he travels?
(a) To get away from his wife.
(b) He is rich.
2. What effect does J.P.'s voice have on the narrator?
(a) Calming and relaxing.
(d) Makes him sleepy.
3. When J.P. takes up drinking, what is his drink of choice?
(a) Red wine.
(c) Cheap wine.
4. As he tells his stories, why can J.P. not use his hands?
(a) They feel numb.
(b) They are trembling badly.
(c) One of them is broken.
(d) They are cold.
5. What did the famous writer who lived near the facility die of?
(a) Alcoholism and drug abuse.
(b) He shot himself.
(c) He was in a plane crash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the narrator try to call on New Year's Eve?
2. What story is Tiny telling when the breakfast incident occurs?
3. What does J.P. say he wanted to do when he got out of high school?
4. In the story, how long has J.P. been married?
5. When did the narrator read the short story he mentions?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)