|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the last time the narrator spoke to his wife?
(a) A year ago.
(b) A few days ago.
(c) A couple of weeks ago.
(d) A month or two ago.
2. How does Tiny fall at the beginning of the story?
(a) Slumps across the table.
(b) From a standing position onto the floor.
(c) Onto the floor while getting up from his chair.
(d) From a seated position in his chair onto the floor.
3. How much does the narrator's phone call on New Year's Eve cost?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) A dollar.
(c) A quarter.
(d) A dime.
4. What time of day is it when J.P. begins telling stories to the narrator?
(b) Just after lunch.
(d) Eleven in the morning.
5. What story is Tiny telling when the breakfast incident occurs?
(a) About New Year's Eve.
(b) About a drinking bout.
(c) About meeting his wife.
(d) About hunting.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator and his girlfriend arrive at the facility, what does the girlfriend do?
2. What does the narrator want to ask Tiny about what happened to him during breakfast?
3. What phrase does the narrator say whenever J.P. stops telling his story about meeting and dating his wife?
4. What book does the proprietor recommend to J.P. and the narrator?
5. What landscapes are mentioned throughout the story?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)