|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the title of the story refer to?
(a) Something the narrator says to J.P.
(b) What the narrator says his wife will ask him.
(c) What the telephone operator asks the narrator.
(d) What the narrator's wife asks him.
2. What short story does the narrator mention having read?
(a) "The Snows of Kilimanjaro."
(b) "A Good Man Is Hard to Find."
(c) "To Build a Fire."
(d) "The Luck of Roaring Camp."
3. What is Tiny hoping to drink on New Year's Eve?
(b) Ginger ale.
(c) Hot chocolate.
4. On the narrator's first stay at the facility, the proprietor tells him that the staff can help him if what happens?
(a) If he agrees to psychotherapy.
(b) If he pays in advance.
(c) If he wants help and listens to what they say.
(d) If he stays at least two weeks.
5. When do J.P.'s hands become steady?
(a) At the end of the story.
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) New Year's Eve.
(d) Right after telling his stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the famous writer who lived near the facility die of?
2. Who rescues J.P. from the well?
3. Where do the narrator and his girlfriend decide to have Christmas dinner?
4. What is the first thing J.P. and his wife do when she arrives at the facility?
5. What time of day does Tiny return from the hospital to the facility?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)