|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the family forced to do?
2. What has Gladys been doing since age thirteen?
3. What does Norma know, even as a teenager?
4. What drives Dona Lorenza?
5. With what is the narrator now dealing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robles say to Norma, regarding their lost fortune?
2. How does Norma respond to Rodrigo's adoration?
3. Upon what does Pimpenela reflect?
4. What does Norma realize about Ixca?
5. How do the de Ovandos find Mexico when they return in 1935?
6. What do Natasha and Rodrigo discuss?
7. How does Norma find herself after the storm?
8. What happens to Mercedes and Robles?
9. Describe Gervasio and his companions' plans.
10. What does Norma do after her brush with death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rodrigo represents what the narrator presents as a typical Mexican conundrum.
Part 1) What is this conundrum?
Part 2) What does Rodrigo symbolize?
Part 3) How is this related to Question 2?
Essay Topic 2
Norma and Federico's marriage is a farce.
Part 1) Why did they marry?
Part 2) Are they satisfied with their marriage? Why or why not?
Part 3) Is this a strong, lasting relationship? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
ixca give a highly metaphorical, philosophical speech to Pola.
Part 1) What is this sacrifice?
Part 2) What does he say is one's destiny?
Part 3) What is Pola's reaction to this speech?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)