|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What later fills her with contempt?
2. Who does Gervasio leave behind?
3. To where are Pichi and Junior on the way?
4. What do the workers do when they are once again refused food and are laughed at?
5. How does Robles regard Norma?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Betina and Jamie?
2. Describe Norma and Robles' relationship.
3. What does Norma use to get far in life?
4. Describe Bobo's parties.
5. How does the book open?
6. About what does Robles think when observing his wife?
7. What does Norma do after her brush with death?
8. What happens to Mercedes and Robles?
9. What does Dona Lorenza believe must be maintained?
10. What does Norma vow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Federico Robles comes to make life choices so different from other men in the novel.
Part 1) Who is Federico Robles?
Part 2) What life choices has he made?
Part 3) How do his decisions differ from other men in the story?
Essay Topic 2
When Rodrigo Pola asks Ixca about his life, he becomes very agitated.
Part 1) What does Ixca do in his agitated state?
Part 2) Why is he agitated?
Part 3) How does the novel end? Is it an effective ending? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Robles' philosophy is that his own success is also the country's.
Part 1) How does Robles evolve from a peasant farmer's son to a millionaire?
Part 2) Why does he believe his success is also the country's success?
Part 3) Do you agree with Robles? Why or why not?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)