|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Looking back, what does Rodrigo feel about "lavender verse?"
2. What does Natasha say about the nouveau riche?
3. What do the guards encourage Gervasio to do?
4. What has Gladys been doing since age thirteen?
5. What is the family forced to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of what does Dona Lorenza remain convinced?
2. About what does Robles think when observing his wife?
3. What do Bobo's guests do after the party?
4. Upon what does Pimpenela reflect?
5. How does Norma find herself after the storm?
6. How do the de Ovandos find Mexico when they return in 1935?
7. About what do Ixca and Rodrigo talk?
8. Describe Bobo's parties.
9. How does Rodrigo spend his time as a young student?
10. What does Rodrigo wonder about himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
ixca give a highly metaphorical, philosophical speech to Pola.
Part 1) What is this sacrifice?
Part 2) What does he say is one's destiny?
Part 3) What is Pola's reaction to this speech?
Essay Topic 2
It was difficult for Rodrigo growing up without a father.
Part 1) What happened to his father?
Part 2) Why is his life difficult without a father?
Part 3) How is he affected by the lack of a father figure?
Essay Topic 3
Ixca tells Robles it is important to listen to the young, especially when one has no children.
Part 1) To what youth is Ixca referring?
Part 2) What is ironic about this?
Part 3) How do the youth's words impact Robles?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)