|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Rodrigo complain?
2. What does Natasha do for Rodrigo?
3. Who is the only woman that truly knows Robles?
4. What was Robles once?
5. When Rodrigo goes off to college, where does he finally feel like he belongs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the climax of Robles' military service?
2. What do Natasha and Rodrigo discuss?
3. How does Norma respond to Rodrigo's adoration?
4. What does the quick portrait of Gladys Garcia show?
5. Describe Teodula.
6. What does Dona Lorenza believe must be maintained?
7. What happens to Mercedes and Robles?
8. About what does Robles talk with Ixca?
9. How is the mother-son bond broken between Rosenda and Rodrigo?
10. What does Robles learn from being in the military?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pimpelina has remained an unmarried virgin.
Part 1) Has she ever been in love? If so, with whom, and why does the relationship end?
Part 2) Why has she never married?
Part 3) Based on the information in the story, do you believe she will ever find anyone to marry? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Ixca tells Robles it is important to listen to the young, especially when one has no children.
Part 1) To what youth is Ixca referring?
Part 2) What is ironic about this?
Part 3) How do the youth's words impact Robles?
Essay Topic 3
Gervasio Pola's death is a key symbol in this story.
Part 1) Describe Gervasio Pola and the events surrounding his death.
Part 2) How does his death affect the other characters?
Part 3) How is his death symbolic? What does it symbolize?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)