|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robles' plan before the wars begin?
(a) Join the military.
(b) Run a daycare center.
(c) Become a teacher.
(d) Enter the seminary and become a priest.
2. What is Rodrigo Pola doing at the wedding?
(a) Trying to charm a woman.
(b) Sitting alone.
(c) Taking photographs.
(d) Eating most of the food.
3. To whom does Zamacona lecture?
(a) The old, wealthy aristocrats.
(b) A class of grade school children.
(c) The younger, eager crowd of writers.
(d) A crowd of blue collar workers.
4. Why do the other men resist?
(a) They want to go in two groups.
(b) They want to remain together, even unto death.
(c) They want to go on their own.
(d) They want to fight the enemy now.
5. With what is the narrator now dealing?
(a) Mexico's future.
(b) Mexico's revolutionary past.
(c) Mexico City.
(d) Native Mexicans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodrigo Pola feel at the party?
2. How does Pola spend most of his time as a young student?
3. What has Gladys been doing since age thirteen?
4. To whom does Robles compare Norma unfavorably?
5. What do they find when they return to Mexico in 1935?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Robles disagree with Manuel?
2. What does Robles learn from being in the military?
3. What does Rodrigo's mother expect from him? Does he do what she hopes?
4. Why does Ibarra not like his job?
5. Of what does Dona Lorenza remain convinced?
6. About what does Robles think when observing his wife?
7. What is wrong with Gabriel's gift to his mother?
8. How do three of the characters die?
9. Describe the new characters.
10. How is the mother-son bond broken between Rosenda and Rodrigo?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)