|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Gladys been doing since age thirteen?
(a) Raising a family.
(b) Going to to school.
(c) Living in the United States.
(d) Living on the streets.
2. What is their goal?
(a) To reach Zapata headquarters at Tres Marina.
(b) To reach the shores of Miami.
(c) To overthrow the government.
(d) To reach Mexico City.
3. For what is Norma dressing on a Sunday morning?
(a) A society wedding she must attend.
(d) A friend's birthday party.
4. What does Gervasio tell the men it is sometimes counterproductive to do?
5. Of what does Rodrigo complain?
(a) The wealthy to which he spoke at the party.
(b) His dirty flat.
(c) His own failures.
(d) His lack of funds.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where are Pichi and Junior on the way?
2. What is an "eagle without wings"?
3. What do most of the characters do after the party?
4. What was Robles once?
5. To whom does Robles compare Norma unfavorably?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Norma realize about Ixca?
2. What does the quick portrait of Gladys Garcia show?
3. What does Manuel believe about Mexican culture and politics?
4. How do both Ixca and Rodrigo feel about Norma?
5. What does Norma vow?
6. What does Robles say to Norma, regarding their lost fortune?
7. To what does Ibarra devote himself? Describe his line of work.
8. What happens when Gervasio reaches the outpost?
9. About what does Robles think while Ixca and Manuel are speaking?
10. Where does Beto end up on his night out with his friends?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)