|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robles' plan before the wars begin?
(a) Join the military.
(b) Enter the seminary and become a priest.
(c) Run a daycare center.
(d) Become a teacher.
2. What does Bobo begin to do the morning after the party?
(b) Calling his guests.
(c) Plan the next party.
(d) Clean up after his guests.
3. What does she wisely recognize about her looks?
(a) They will not get her far.
(b) They are in need of improvement.
(c) They are very plain.
(d) They are her chief asset in life.
4. For what is Norma dressing on a Sunday morning?
(b) A friend's birthday party.
(c) A society wedding she must attend.
5. To whom does Zamacona lecture?
(a) The old, wealthy aristocrats.
(b) The younger, eager crowd of writers.
(c) A crowd of blue collar workers.
(d) A class of grade school children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do his poetry friends feel about not being consulted?
2. Where does Robles meet the beautiful, young Mercedes?
3. Why do Prince Vampa, Charlotte Garcia, and Natasha hold the rest of the crowd in disdain?
4. How does Zamacona begin his day?
5. In what does Robles' general give him lessons?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ixca try to help Rodrigo Pola?
2. How does Norma find herself after the storm?
3. Of what does Rodrigo complain?
4. How does Dona Lorenza react to what she finds in Mexico?
5. How does Norma respond to Rodrigo's adoration?
6. What happens when Gervasio reaches the outpost?
7. What does Rodrigo's mother say about his father in a moment of weakness?
8. What does Gervasio tell the men when they continue to run through scenarios and their possible outcomes?
9. How does Rodrigo spend his time as a young student?
10. What does Robles learn from being in the military?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)