|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through what does Robles believe will make the nation sufficiently wealthy?
2. What does Rodrigo show when he learns his mother is dead?
(a) Little emotion.
3. How does Betina end up when Jamie is criticized?
(b) In tears.
4. What does Rosenda confess?
(a) She tried to replace the father's love with the son's.
(b) She has never loved her son.
(c) She does not want to die.
(d) She does not miss her son.
5. What does Pimpenela's family prevent her from doing?
(a) Pursuing an education.
(b) Pursuing her love of the theatre.
(c) Pursuing her only love interest.
(d) Pursuing a man for his money.
6. To whom does Rosenda Pola tell her whole story?
7. To where does Mercedes move?
(c) Mexico City.
(d) New York City,
8. What does Ixca say about Norma?
(a) He is sorry for her death.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He worries about her soul.
9. What does Pimpenela do when she leaves Ixca?
(a) She returns to her luxurious apartment.
(b) She sits on a park bench.
(c) She calls Rodrigo.
(d) She goes to another bar.
10. Rodrigo Pola grows bold enough to do what?
(a) Present himself to Pimpenela.
(b) Tell Norma he loves her.
(c) Film a movie.
(d) Think about his mother.
11. How does Rosenda respond when her son asks her whether Gervasio was good to her?
(a) She tells him that he was very indifferent and not missed.
(b) She tells him that his father was a coward who died in prison and betrayed his comrades.
(c) She tells him he was very good to her.
(d) She tells him he was the best husband anyone could ask for.
12. While wandering around the city, what does Robles happen upon?
(c) Gabriel's funeral.
(d) Joges' funeral.
13. Upon what does Pimpenela reflect?
(a) Her wealth.
(b) Her life.
(c) Her youth.
(d) Her family.
14. What does Manuel find to be misguided?
(a) Moving towards capitalism blindly.
(b) Moving towards socialism.
(c) Not moving towards capitalism.
(d) Blindly moving towards socialism.
15. What did both of Rodrigo's parents fear?
(a) Being unloved.
(b) Being poor.
(c) Losing their son.
(d) Being left alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beto find in his hotel room?
2. What does Rosenda do instead of remarrying?
3. What causes the boat to capsize?
4. How does Rodrigo pass his time?
5. How does Rodrigo Pola react to her response about his father?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)