|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robles say is the hardest to give up?
(a) His office.
(b) His wife.
(c) The money.
(d) His power.
2. Who helps Mercedes give birth?
(a) Her nanny.
(c) Her mother.
(d) No one.
3. Who is a challenging voice of dissent in Federico's life?
(b) His father.
(d) Manuel Zamacona.
4. What does Rosenda confess?
(a) She does not miss her son.
(b) She does not want to die.
(c) She tried to replace the father's love with the son's.
(d) She has never loved her son.
5. Upon what do Gabriel and his friends agree?
(a) Friends are more important than family or women.
(b) To get married soon.
(c) To spend more time with their families.
(d) They are best friends.
6. What does Norma want Ixca to tell her?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) That he wants to marry her.
(c) That her husband loves her.
(d) That he will give her all his money.
7. What has made Norma bold and self-certain?
(a) Her brush with death.
(b) Her love for her husband.
(c) Her new wealth.
(d) Her relationship with Ixca.
8. What of Gladys' describe many traditional motifs and scenes from ancient religion?
(d) A long dream or vision.
9. How is little Jorges made an orphan?
(a) By his mother's murder.
(b) By his father's cab accident.
(c) By his mother's death during childbirth.
(d) By his father's suicide.
10. What can Manuel not accept about the revolution's results?
(a) It was more successful than he had expected it to be.
(b) They turn out in his favor.
(c) He has not grown richer from it.
(d) Had to be the rise of a new privileged class, dominated by the United States and paralyzed of all internal political life.
11. What happens to Manuel on his way to Acapulco?
(a) He buys a car.
(b) He finds a job.
(c) He wins the lottery.
(d) He is shot dead.
12. Who is Manuel Zamacona?
(a) Norma's son.
(b) Norma's boss.
(c) Norma's young friend.
(d) Norma's brother.
13. What happens when ixca takes Norma out in a sailboat?
(a) They have a beautiful day.
(b) They are caught in a fast-rising storm.
(c) They land on a desert island.
(d) The sail is ripped off.
14. Why does Norma finally offer Federico a job?
(a) She loves him.
(b) He begs her.
(c) Her husband tells her to give him a job.
(d) She takes pity on him.
15. How does Betina end up when Jamie is criticized?
(d) In tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attracts Betina's attention to Jamie?
2. How does Rosenda respond when her son asks her whether Gervasio was good to her?
3. To whom does the narration pass?
4. Rodrigo Pola grows bold enough to do what?
5. What happens very quickly?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)