|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Manuel Zamacona?
(a) Norma's son.
(b) Norma's brother.
(c) Norma's young friend.
(d) Norma's boss.
2. To whom does the narration pass?
(a) A new generation.
(b) A previous generation.
(c) Manuel Zamacona.
(d) Mercedes Zamacona.
3. Why does Norma finally offer Federico a job?
(a) Her husband tells her to give him a job.
(b) She takes pity on him.
(c) He begs her.
(d) She loves him.
4. What does Ixca notice about Norma and Robles' conversation at dinner?
(a) Robles does all of the talking.
(b) They both speak at once.
(c) Norma assists her husband in the dinner conversation.
(d) They do not speak to one another.
5. What causes the boat to capsize?
(a) Norma refuses to allow Ixca to do his job.
(b) There is a hole in the bottom of the boat.
(c) Ixca's refusal to take down the sail.
(d) The sail rips off.
6. Rodrigo Pola grows bold enough to do what?
(a) Tell Norma he loves her.
(b) Think about his mother.
(c) Present himself to Pimpenela.
(d) Film a movie.
7. Who helps Mercedes give birth?
(b) Her nanny.
(c) No one.
(d) Her mother.
8. What happens when Robles leaves Ixca and Norma alone?
(a) Ixca leaves shortly after.
(b) Their conversation becomes very intimate.
(c) They are uncomfortable with one another.
(d) Their conversation dies out.
9. Where does Ixca bury Rosenda?
(a) In the rain.
(b) On a hill.
(c) By her home.
(d) In the town cemetery.
10. How do Gabriel and his friends celebrate?
(a) Sitting at a friend's home.
(b) Watching television.
(c) Going to an art museum.
(d) Drinking and listening to mariachi music.
11. To whom does Rosenda Pola tell her whole story?
12. Upon what does Pimpenela reflect?
(a) Her wealth.
(b) Her youth.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her life.
13. What do Beto and his companion do?
(a) Fall asleep.
(b) Talk all night long.
(c) Make love.
14. What does Manuel find to be misguided?
(a) Not moving towards capitalism.
(b) Moving towards capitalism blindly.
(c) Moving towards socialism.
(d) Blindly moving towards socialism.
15. When does Betina reveal her arrogant, superior character?
(a) On Sundays.
(b) When she is angry.
(c) Only when Jamie is around.
(d) All the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Manuel not accept about the revolution's results?
2. What happens when ixca takes Norma out in a sailboat?
3. How do Gabriel and his friends behave?
4. Where does Roberto Regules meet his partners?
5. What happens very quickly?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)