|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is a challenging voice of dissent in Federico's life?
(a) His father.
(c) Manuel Zamacona.
2. What is the relationship between Roberto Regules and Pimpenela?
(a) He is Pimpenela's only love interest.
(b) They are siblings.
(c) They are coworkers.
(d) He is Pimpenela's teacher.
3. How does Rodrigo Pola react to her response about his father?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He withdraws both socially and from his mother.
(d) He is angry and argues with her.
4. What do Beto and his companion do?
(a) Fall asleep.
(c) Talk all night long.
(d) Make love.
5. What does Ixca notice about Norma and Robles' conversation at dinner?
(a) They do not speak to one another.
(b) They both speak at once.
(c) Norma assists her husband in the dinner conversation.
(d) Robles does all of the talking.
6. How does Rosenda respond when her son asks her whether Gervasio was good to her?
(a) She tells him that his father was a coward who died in prison and betrayed his comrades.
(b) She tells him that he was very indifferent and not missed.
(c) She tells him he was very good to her.
(d) She tells him he was the best husband anyone could ask for.
7. When does Betina reveal her arrogant, superior character?
(a) On Sundays.
(b) When she is angry.
(c) Only when Jamie is around.
(d) All the time.
8. What does Pimpenela do when she leaves Ixca?
(a) She goes to another bar.
(b) She returns to her luxurious apartment.
(c) She calls Rodrigo.
(d) She sits on a park bench.
9. What has happened to Ixca's last effort to give his mother a sacrifice?
(a) It took longer than planned.
(b) It has succeeded.
(c) It has failed.
(d) It is not the sacrifice she wants.
10. What happens very quickly?
(a) She is offended by his rude manners.
(b) She becomes confused.
(c) She falls in love with him.
(d) He falls in love with her.
11. To where does Mercedes move?
(b) New York City,
(d) Mexico City.
12. Where does the party take place that Jamie and Betina attend?
13. Upon what does Pimpenela reflect?
(a) Her youth.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her life.
(d) Her wealth.
14. What does Pimpenela's family prevent her from doing?
(a) Pursuing her love of the theatre.
(b) Pursuing a man for his money.
(c) Pursuing an education.
(d) Pursuing her only love interest.
15. What attracts Betina's attention to Jamie?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His brilliance and bright future.
(c) His handsome face.
(d) His talent at singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Manuel and Robles extensively debate?
2. What does Ixca say about Norma?
3. How is little Jorges made an orphan?
4. Through what does Robles believe will make the nation sufficiently wealthy?
5. How had Mercedes been raised?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)