|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the wedding guests do after the wedding?
(a) Gossip spitefully about their hosts and each other.
(b) Go home.
(c) Go to Bobo's for a party.
(d) Go to the reception.
2. What does Rodrigo's mother do when she finds his manuscript called "lavender verse?"
(a) She throws it away our of anger.
(b) She becomes furious that he has wasted his time.
(c) She is unsure how to feel about his work.
(d) She becomes very excited.
3. What does Rodrigo lament not having?
(a) A beautiful flat.
(b) Attained the same level of success as the Robles.
(c) A good writing instructor.
(d) A nice girlfriend.
4. For what is Norma dressing on a Sunday morning?
(a) A friend's birthday party.
(d) A society wedding she must attend.
5. What do the factory owners do to punish the workers who are striking?
(a) They refuse the workers food for weeks.
(b) They taunt them.
(c) They kill them.
(d) They fire them.
6. What, according to Zamacona, corrupts the citizens?
(a) A lack of religious belief.
(b) European power and influence.
(c) The growing struggles for power.
(d) The government officials.
7. What does Robles study as a youth for the theological schools?
8. What does Gervasio do after remembering this about his companions?
(a) He aks to die alone.
(b) He calls for them.
(c) He keeps their secret.
(d) He gives up their location.
9. What does Gervasio insist that the group do?
(a) Stick together.
(b) Go in small groups.
(c) Go their separate ways.
(d) Run the other way.
10. What does Norma say about literature?
(a) It is boring and worthless.
(b) It is the most precious art form.
(c) It is a waste of time.
(d) It is just as important as a nice handbag.
11. What was Robles once?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A millionaire.
(c) A peasant farmer's son.
(d) A businessman.
12. To what does Robles compare the intensity and exhilaration he feels with Hortensia?
(b) Speaking in front of a large crowd.
(d) The battlefield.
13. What is Norma's main fear?
(a) Robles will stop loving her.
(b) She might bear an ugly child like Robles.
(c) She will never have children.
(d) Robles cannot have children.
14. What does Norma do in the quest for her goal?
(a) She disowns her mother.
(b) She goes to business school.
(c) She buys a lot of baby clothes.
(d) She moves to Europe.
15. Why do Robles and Norma marry?
(a) To benefit one another.
(b) They are in love.
(c) They are betrothed.
(d) Their families encourage them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodrigo do the day after his mother finds his manuscript?
2. What does Robles do for Ibarra?
3. Looking back, what does Rodrigo feel about "lavender verse?"
4. What is Robles' plan before the wars begin?
5. What does Norma realize after a flirtation with a young poet?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)