|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Rodrigo complain?
(a) The wealthy to which he spoke at the party.
(b) His dirty flat.
(c) His lack of funds.
(d) His own failures.
2. How does Robles regard Norma?
(a) As an enemy.
(b) As an idea, an image.
(c) As his best friend.
(d) As a perfect wife.
3. To whom does Zamacona lecture?
(a) The younger, eager crowd of writers.
(b) A class of grade school children.
(c) The old, wealthy aristocrats.
(d) A crowd of blue collar workers.
4. What has happened to General Zapata?
(a) He went back to Mexico City.
(b) He is in cahoots with the Federal government.
(c) He is in charge of the outpost.
(d) He has been overthrown.
5. What do they find when they return to Mexico in 1935?
(a) Their property the way they had left it.
(b) Many new friends.
(c) A beautiful, unchanged land.
(d) A changed land.
6. What does Norma know, even as a teenager?
(a) She is wealthy.
(b) She is not attractive.
(c) How to be a good person.
(d) How to make men fall for her.
7. For what is Norma dressing on a Sunday morning?
(b) A friend's birthday party.
(c) A society wedding she must attend.
8. Where does Robles meet the beautiful, young Mercedes?
(a) At a party.
(b) In school.
(c) Mexico City.
(d) On the Zamacona hacienda.
9. What do the workers do when they are once again refused food and are laughed at?
(a) Run away.
(b) Attack and burn down the store.
(c) Stop working.
(d) Keep working.
10. Who is Dona Lorenza?
(a) A poor prositute in a dirty part of town.
(b) Mercedes' mother.
(c) The mayor of Mexico City.
(d) The matriarch of the de Ovando family.
11. What does Gervasio insist that the group do?
(a) Go their separate ways.
(b) Go in small groups.
(c) Run the other way.
(d) Stick together.
12. How does the critical failure to make a connection between Rodrigo and his mother leave her feeling?
(a) At peace.
(b) Angry and resentful.
(d) Unattractive, unloved, and alone.
13. What does Robles do for Ibarra?
(a) He gives him an important position.
(b) He hires him as an "associate".
(c) He gives him money.
(d) He finds him a job in another company.
14. Who is ruthlessly pushing his business interests forward by refusing to hear the case of an injured worker?
(a) Federico Robles.
(b) Ixca Cienfuegos.
(c) Gladys Garcia.
(d) Charlotte Garcia.
15. What does most of their house become?
(a) A school.
(b) A dress shop.
(c) A museum.
(d) A government building.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what does Robles take delight?
2. With what is the narrator now dealing?
3. When Rodrigo goes off to college, where does he finally feel like he belongs?
4. From where does Gabriel return?
5. What does Natasha do for Rodrigo?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)