|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what does Zamacona think a problem consists?
(a) The middle class not having the right to vote.
(b) Not truly understanding one's origins.
(c) The running of the country by thieves and thugs.
(d) Not being a nation of one origin.
2. What does Rodrigo's mother do when she finds his manuscript called "lavender verse?"
(a) She becomes furious that he has wasted his time.
(b) She becomes very excited.
(c) She throws it away our of anger.
(d) She is unsure how to feel about his work.
3. To where are Pichi and Junior on the way?
(d) A party given by Bobo.
4. What does Bobo begin to do the morning after the party?
(b) Plan the next party.
(c) Clean up after his guests.
(d) Calling his guests.
5. What does Gervasio do after remembering this about his companions?
(a) He keeps their secret.
(b) He gives up their location.
(c) He calls for them.
(d) He aks to die alone.
6. What does Gervasio Pola stage?
(a) A strike at a factory in Mexico City.
(b) A musical about Mexican politics.
(c) A war against the revolutionaries.
(d) An escape via a garbage cart.
7. How does Zamacona begin his day?
(a) With a cup of coffee and a donut.
(b) Calling his mother and wishing her good morning.
(c) With an essay on Mexico's eccentricity and position in the world.
(d) Writing in his journal about the previous day and his plans for the rest of the day.
8. What does Cienfuegos urge the city to do?
(a) Ask the government for assistance.
(b) Call upon the United States for assistance.
(c) Secede from Mexico.
(d) Join together and raise itself up again.
9. What does Robles study as a youth for the theological schools?
10. What do most of the characters do after the party?
(a) Meet for an early breakfast.
(b) Stay in a hotel.
(c) Stay at Bobo's.
(d) Sleep late or lay in bed.
11. What do the factory owners do to punish the workers who are striking?
(a) They taunt them.
(b) They kill them.
(c) They fire them.
(d) They refuse the workers food for weeks.
12. What does she wisely recognize about her looks?
(a) They are her chief asset in life.
(b) They are very plain.
(c) They will not get her far.
(d) They are in need of improvement.
13. What does Gervasio remember about his companions?
(a) They do not wish to die together.
(b) They wish to die together.
(c) They are Federalists.
(d) They ditched him.
14. What has Gladys been doing since age thirteen?
(a) Going to to school.
(b) Living in the United States.
(c) Raising a family.
(d) Living on the streets.
15. For what is Norma dressing on a Sunday morning?
(a) A society wedding she must attend.
(d) A friend's birthday party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the angry workers?
2. Who is Rodrigo Pola's only friend as a young boy?
3. What is Mexico City?
4. How long has Ibarra known Robles?
5. On whom does Norma utterly depend to raise her in the social hierarchy?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)