|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the family forced to do?
(a) Move back to Paris.
(b) Sell the house.
(c) Leave Mexico for Argentina.
(d) Sell their gardens and stables.
2. What does Natasha do for Rodrigo?
(a) She takes him home.
(b) She gives him advice.
(c) She pulls him away from the dessert table.
(d) She sits by him.
3. Who does Gervasio leave behind?
(a) No one.
(b) His brother.
(c) His injured companion.
(d) General Zapata.
4. What is the marriage between Robles and Norma?
(a) A loving marriage.
(b) A perfect bargain.
(c) A perfect match.
(d) A comfortable marriage.
5. What does Robles study as a youth for the theological schools?
6. What does Norma know, even as a teenager?
(a) She is wealthy.
(b) How to make men fall for her.
(c) How to be a good person.
(d) She is not attractive.
7. What do the factory owners do to punish the workers who are striking?
(a) They kill them.
(b) They fire them.
(c) They taunt them.
(d) They refuse the workers food for weeks.
8. How does Rodrigo Pola feel at the party?
(a) Slightly sick.
(b) Slightly superior to the crowd but attneds the gala regardless.
(c) Excited to be around the celebrities.
(d) Insecure and unsure of what to do.
9. What does Cienfuegos urge the city to do?
(a) Ask the government for assistance.
(b) Join together and raise itself up again.
(c) Call upon the United States for assistance.
(d) Secede from Mexico.
10. What does Bobo begin to do the morning after the party?
(a) Plan the next party.
(b) Clean up after his guests.
(c) Calling his guests.
11. What does she wisely recognize about her looks?
(a) They will not get her far.
(b) They are in need of improvement.
(c) They are very plain.
(d) They are her chief asset in life.
12. What does Dona Lorenza believe about the political and economic shifts?
(a) They are merely temporary.
(b) They will benefit her family.
(c) They are permanent and hopeless.
(d) They are better for Mexico.
13. What do the wedding guests do after the wedding?
(a) Gossip spitefully about their hosts and each other.
(b) Go to the reception.
(c) Go to Bobo's for a party.
(d) Go home.
14. What has Gabriel forgotten when giving his mother a food processor?
(a) The neighbors will be jealous.
(b) She already has one.
(c) They have no electricity.
(d) She does not want one.
15. What do the guards encourage Gervasio to do?
(a) Inform them of the whereabouts of his companions.
(b) Call his wife.
(c) Die alone.
(d) Run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodrigo presume to be to cause of Juan Morales' car crash?
2. What does Norma want to be?
3. To whom does Robles compare Norma unfavorably?
4. What causes the family to temporarily relocate to New York City and then Paris?
5. Why do Prince Vampa, Charlotte Garcia, and Natasha hold the rest of the crowd in disdain?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)