|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Section 3, "Squeezed into the pajamas of a thinner time...".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gladys Garcia?
(a) The mayor of Mexico City.
(b) Cienfuegos' mother.
(c) An aging prostitute.
(d) A new senator in the United States.
2. When is the last time she sees her family?
(a) Since last night.
(b) Since she left home.
(c) Since that morning.
(d) Since she was twenty.
3. Who does Gladys pass?
(a) Her family on the way to the border.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A glamorous couple taking a car to a party.
(d) The President of Mexico.
4. What does Cienfuegos urge the city to do?
(a) Ask the government for assistance.
(b) Join together and raise itself up again.
(c) Secede from Mexico.
(d) Call upon the United States for assistance.
5. Who is ruthlessly pushing his business interests forward by refusing to hear the case of an injured worker?
(a) Gladys Garcia.
(b) Ixca Cienfuegos.
(c) Federico Robles.
(d) Charlotte Garcia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fills the streets?
2. What is an "eagle without wings"?
3. In what does Zamacona think a problem consists?
4. What has Gabriel forgotten when giving his mother a food processor?
5. How does Ixca observe all the major characters?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)