|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Section 3, "Squeezed into the pajamas of a thinner time...".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Gabriel return?
(a) His stint working at a U.S. factory.
(b) Mexico City.
(c) The Rio Grande.
(d) The Yucatan Peninsula.
2. What does Zamacona think Mexicans must do?
(a) Gain more power in European society.
(b) Expand upon the middle class.
(c) Look to the past.
(d) Create their own originality and beginnings.
3. What can Mexico not shake?
(a) Its reputation for beautiful waterfalls and jungles.
(b) Its fast-pace urban setting.
(c) Its lethargy, its poverty, and its envy of Europe.
(d) Its wealth, its commerce, and its shallow citizens.
4. Why does she buy a cigarette holder?
(a) To give to her husband.
(b) To imitate them.
(c) To donate to charity.
(d) To hold her cigarettes.
5. What has Gladys been doing since age thirteen?
(a) Living on the streets.
(b) Going to to school.
(c) Living in the United States.
(d) Raising a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mexico City?
2. How does Zamacona begin his day?
3. What is Norma's main worry?
4. To whom does Zamacona lecture?
5. In what does Zamacona think a problem consists?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)