|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Section 6, "Federico Robles".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Zamacona, corrupts the citizens?
(a) European power and influence.
(b) A lack of religious belief.
(c) The growing struggles for power.
(d) The government officials.
2. What does Norma say about literature?
(a) It is boring and worthless.
(b) It is the most precious art form.
(c) It is just as important as a nice handbag.
(d) It is a waste of time.
3. Who is Gervasio Pola?
(a) A poor man who cares for his wife and child by working in the United States part of the year.
(b) The president of Mexico and member of the Federal Party.
(c) The mayor of Mexico City, who is working towards a stronger middle class.
(d) A hero of the xx revolution who dies by firing squad in the Belen prison.
4. What does Dona Lorenza impress upon her tiny new grandson, Benjamin?
(a) The great native traditions.
(b) The importance of studying abroad.
(c) The great heritage of his family.
(d) How great his grandmother is.
5. What does Gervasio Pola stage?
(a) An escape via a garbage cart.
(b) A war against the revolutionaries.
(c) A musical about Mexican politics.
(d) A strike at a factory in Mexico City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is their goal?
2. How are Juan and Rosa Morales able to spend a rare night out at a cheap restaurant?
3. What causes the family to temporarily relocate to New York City and then Paris?
4. What does Dona Lorenza teach Benjamin?
5. What drives Dona Lorenza?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)