|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Section 6, "Federico Robles".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do most of the characters do after the party?
(a) Meet for an early breakfast.
(b) Stay at Bobo's.
(c) Sleep late or lay in bed.
(d) Stay in a hotel.
2. How does Ixca observe all the major characters?
(a) In a vague and uncaring way.
(b) As if they are from the same social class.
(c) With a critical and knowing eye.
(d) In a biased way.
3. What do they find when they return to Mexico in 1935?
(a) A changed land.
(b) A beautiful, unchanged land.
(c) Many new friends.
(d) Their property the way they had left it.
4. From where does Gabriel return?
(a) His stint working at a U.S. factory.
(b) The Yucatan Peninsula.
(c) The Rio Grande.
(d) Mexico City.
5. What has Gabriel forgotten when giving his mother a food processor?
(a) The neighbors will be jealous.
(b) They have no electricity.
(c) She already has one.
(d) She does not want one.
Short Answer Questions
1. On whom does Norma utterly depend to raise her in the social hierarchy?
2. What was Robles once?
3. To where are Pichi and Junior on the way?
4. What do the guards encourage Gervasio to do?
5. Why is the impoverished Countess at the party?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)