Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack force Jessie to do in her apartment?
2. What is the purpose of Jessie's visit to the Hold Mercury office in January of 1977?
3. What job does Jessie get?
4. Why does the prosecutor tell the sheriff that he cannot hold Jack in jail?
5. What do most of the townspeople have in common?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book. List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 3
Do a brief character sketch of Jack Burdette including positive and negative characteristics. What are his physical characteristics? What are his hopes and dreams? What is important to him at this point in time?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)