Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack force Jessie to do in her apartment?
2. What is the purpose of Jessie's visit to the Hold Mercury office in January of 1977?
3. What job does Jessie get?
4. Why does the prosecutor tell the sheriff that he cannot hold Jack in jail?
5. What do most of the townspeople have in common?
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Jack, Jessie, their sons , Wanda Jo and Pat Arbuckle. Be sure to include work, socialization, marital status, hobbies, etc.
Essay Topic 2
Survival seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of survival? Why does it have such a prevalent place in the characters' lives? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
Essay Topic 3
Do a brief character sketch of Pat Arbuckle including positive and negative characteristics. What are his physical characteristics? What are his hopes and dreams? What is important to him at this point in time?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)