Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack force Jessie to do in her apartment?
2. What is the purpose of Jessie's visit to the Hold Mercury office in January of 1977?
3. What job does Jessie get?
4. Why does the prosecutor tell the sheriff that he cannot hold Jack in jail?
5. What do most of the townspeople have in common?
Essay Topic 1
Haruf is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
Does Haruf end the story on a note of hope for the characters, or will they continue to struggle with their relationships and hopes for their lives? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Betrayal is an important theme in "Where You Once Belonged". Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)