|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack force Jessie to do in her apartment?
2. What is the purpose of Jessie's visit to the Hold Mercury office in January of 1977?
3. What job does Jessie get?
4. Why does the prosecutor tell the sheriff that he cannot hold Jack in jail?
5. What do most of the townspeople have in common?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the book and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 2
"Where You Once Belonged" is a classic story of betrayal. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Do a brief character sketch of Jessie Burdette including positive and negative characteristics. What are her physical characteristics? What are her hopes and dreams? What is important to her at this point in time?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)