|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pat have his meals after Nora leaves him?
2. What is notable about Jessie's mother?
3. What is the purpose of Jessie's visit to the Hold Mercury office in January of 1977?
4. Who do the townspeople yell at on the street?
5. What does Jack do to Pat at Jessie's apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the point of view of the story? What are the benefits and the limitations to this particular point of view? How is the point of view determined? Provide an example that supports your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Does Haruf end the story on a note of hope for the characters, or will they continue to struggle with their relationships and hopes for their lives? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Jack, Jessie, their sons , Wanda Jo and Pat Arbuckle. Be sure to include work, socialization, marital status, hobbies, etc.
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)