|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Jack best be characterized at the end of the story?
2. Who takes over for Jack at the grain elevator while he is gone?
3. Where does almost everyone in town go to see Jack's new wife?
4. Where does Charlie attempt suicide?
5. How do the townspeople feel when Charlie does not stand trial?
Essay Topic 1
"Where You Once Belonged" is a classic story of betrayal. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Do a brief character sketch of Jessie Burdette including positive and negative characteristics. What are her physical characteristics? What are her hopes and dreams? What is important to her at this point in time?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses the flashback technique to tell the story. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of flashback.
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)