|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the general feeling in town regarding the grain elevator theft?
2. How does Charlie attempt suicide?
3. What is the name of Jessie and Jack's son?
4. What happens to Pat and Nora's daughter?
5. Which pet in the Burdette household is killed?
Essay Topic 1
Do a brief character sketch of Jessie Burdette including positive and negative characteristics. What are her physical characteristics? What are her hopes and dreams? What is important to her at this point in time?
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Jack, Jessie, their sons , Wanda Jo and Pat Arbuckle. Be sure to include work, socialization, marital status, hobbies, etc.
Essay Topic 3
What is the point of view of the story? What are the benefits and the limitations to this particular point of view? How is the point of view determined? Provide an example that supports your answer.
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)