|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the girl who agreed to do all of Jack's homework?
2. Who pays for Jack's accommodations while he is on his trip?
3. Who is the narrator of the story?
4. What kind of behavior does Wanda Jo exhibit after she hears the news about Jack?
5. Jack is accused of stealing _________________ from another student.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Jack and Pat go to college and how do they like the college experience?
2. What did Jack excel at during high school that made him a local hero?
3. What negative behavior characteristics does Jack show through his actions?
4. How does Jack meet Jessie and what is her role in his life?
5. What happens that gives Wanda Jo a glimmer of hope regarding a life with Jack?
6. Who first notices Jack when he returns to Holt?
7. What does Ralph Bird do when he spots Jack back in Holt?
8. Who was Wanda Jo Evans and what role did she play in Jack's life?
9. What does Wanda Jo do when she learns that Jack got married?
10. How does Jack's childhood behavior mirror the environment in his home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Jack, Jessie, their sons , Wanda Jo and Pat Arbuckle. Be sure to include work, socialization, marital status, hobbies, etc.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Do a brief character sketch of Jack Burdette including positive and negative characteristics. What are his physical characteristics? What are his hopes and dreams? What is important to him at this point in time?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)