|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The person in #2 parks the vehicle in front of what establishment?
2. What did the girl in #28 get in return for doing Jack's homework?
3. Why were Jack's friends not happy with the arrangements of meeting in Jack's room?
4. What is the name of Pat's little girl?
5. How long has the girl in #75 taken care of things for Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jack move out of his mother's house after his father died?
2. What information does the author reveal about Jack Burdette at the beginning of the novel?
3. Who is the author of "Where You Once Belonged" and what is known about him?
4. What is Jack Burdette doing at the beginning of the story?
5. Compare and contrast Pat and Jack's perspectives on the college experience.
6. What role does Wanda Jo play in Jack's life after his stint in the army, and what does Wanda Jo hope for regarding Jack?
7. How could Jack be characterized as a kid and what were the circumstances of his school years?
8. How does the sheriff treat Jack when he finds him?
9. What does Wanda Jo do when she learns that Jack got married?
10. Why was Jack expelled from college and where did he go after leaving school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book. List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 2
Describe grain elevator. What is its role in the community? Is it typical of businesses in small towns in rural America?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting of "Where You Once Belonged". Why did the author choose the setting that he did? What time period does the story cover? How do these things impact a story?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)