|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack force Jessie to do in her apartment?
(a) Cook breakfast.
(c) Give him her money.
(d) Pack a suitcase.
2. What is the purpose of Jessie's visit to the Hold Mercury office in January of 1977?
(a) To have a notice printed about Jack.
(b) To place an ad for her garage sale.
(c) To purchase a subscription.
(d) To place an ad for the grain elevator.
3. What job does Jessie get?
(a) Dental hygienist.
(b) Waitress at a cafe.
(c) Dancing at a bar.
(d) Assistant at the library.
4. Why does the prosecutor tell the sheriff that he cannot hold Jack in jail?
(a) The statute of limitations on the crime has passed.
(b) He has already been tried for the crime and found innocent.
(c) Someone has posted his bail.
(d) Someone else confessed to the crime.
5. What do most of the townspeople have in common?
(a) They have a share in the grain elevator.
(b) They are artists.
(c) They are Methodists.
(d) They are Republicans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often is Jessie seen in public with Jack?
2. What does Jack do to Pat at Jessie's apartment?
3. What happens to the bookkeeper of the grain elevator when the theft is revealed?
4. How does Charlie attempt suicide?
5. What does the grain elevator bookkeeper become in town after the news of the theft?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)