|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the general feeling in town regarding the grain elevator theft?
2. How can Jessie best be characterized?
3. How often is Jessie seen in public with Jack?
(c) All the time.
4. How did the townspeople view Jack's disappearance from town initially?
(a) They were amused.
(b) They were shocked.
(c) They were angry.
(d) They were worried.
5. What expensive item does Jack buy on credit at a jewelry store in December of 1976?
(a) Anniversary ring.
(c) Pearl necklace.
(d) Diamond earrings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the prosecutor tell the sheriff that he cannot hold Jack in jail?
2. What is the nickname of Jessie and Jack's second son?
3. How old is Pat and Nora's daughter in 1982?
4. On what day of the week does Jessie work?
5. What message does Jessie publish for the townspeople to read?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the sheriff unable to keep Jack locked up?
2. After Jack has been gone for awhile, what shocking and public action does Jessie take?
3. What does Jack warn Pat about when Pat visits him in jail?
4. What does Doyle Francis discover when he returns to manage the grain elevator in Jack's absence?
5. Why are the people of Holt so angry at Charlie Soames?
6. What happens to finally make the townspeople leave Jessie alone?
7. How does Jessie find out that Jack has returned to town?
8. Does Jack show any remorse when visited by the head of the grain elevator board?
9. What are some of the things Pat does to ingratiate himself with Jessie and her sons?
10. What happens when Charlie's suicide attempt fails?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)