|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jessie's father's profession?
2. Who makes the decision to not put Charlie on trial?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The grain elevator.
(c) The judge.
(d) The prosecutors.
3. What expensive item does Jack buy on credit at a jewelry store in December of 1976?
(a) Diamond earrings.
(b) Anniversary ring.
(c) Pearl necklace.
4. Toward whom will the townspeople direct their anger?
5. How long had Jack been gone from Holt?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 10 weeks.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 8 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname of Jessie and Jack's son?
2. What is Nora's demeanor when Pat visits her at her father's house?
3. What does Jack do to Pat at Jessie's apartment?
4. What is notable about Jessie's third birth?
5. Which pet in the Burdette household is killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Pat and Jessie become romantically involved?
2. Why does Jack's crime make the people of Holt dislike Jessie even more?
3. What personal tragedy does Pat suffer in the Summer of 1982?
4. After Jack has been gone for awhile, what shocking and public action does Jessie take?
5. What happens to Pat's marriage to Nora after the death of their daughter?
6. Why do so many people in town turn up at the diner when Jack returns to town?
7. What purchases does Jack make prior to leaving town for good?
8. How does Charlie try to commit suicide?
9. Why are the people in Holt so angry at Charlie Soames?
10. How does Jessie find out that Jack has returned to town?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)