|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jack's main concern when talking to Pat?
(a) The location of Wanda Jo.
(b) The death of Pat's daughter.
(c) Pat's relationship with Jessie.
(d) Who is managing the grain elevator.
2. What is Nora's demeanor when Pat visits her at her father's house?
3. What items does Jack buy on credit at the Men's Store?
(a) Three suits.
(b) A suit and shirts.
(c) A tuxedo.
(d) Shoes and shirts.
4. For how long is Doyle Francis to take over at the grain elevator?
(a) As long as he wants to stay.
(b) Just a year.
(c) Until Jack returns or a replacement can be found.
(d) A few months.
5. Who do the townspeople yell at on the street?
(c) Wanda Jo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jessie working?
2. What is Pat doing with Jessie and the boys one night when he receives a call from the sheriff?
3. What accident does Jessie suffer?
4. How old is Pat and Nora's daughter in 1982?
5. What makes the townspeople stop taking out their anger on Jessie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Pat and Jessie become romantically involved?
2. Why are Pat and Jessie perfect candidates for a romantic relationship with each other?
3. What happens when Charlie's suicide attempt fails?
4. Does Jack show any remorse when visited by the head of the grain elevator board?
5. Why are the people of Holt so angry at Charlie Soames?
6. What are some of the things Pat does to ingratiate himself with Jessie and her sons?
7. Why are the people in Holt so angry at Charlie Soames?
8. What personal tragedy does Pat suffer in the Summer of 1982?
9. What purchases does Jack make prior to leaving town for good?
10. What is Jessie like, and what do the townspeople think of her?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)