|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charlie attempt suicide?
(a) He overdoses on drugs.
(b) He shoots himself.
(c) He inhales car exhaust fumes.
(d) He slits his wrist.
2. What items does Jack buy on credit at Schulte's store?
(a) A couple of belts.
(b) Underwear and socks.
(c) An overcoat.
3. What is Pat doing with Jessie and the boys one night when he receives a call from the sheriff?
(a) Getting ready for work.
(b) Taking a nap.
(c) Watching a movie at home.
(d) Eating dinner at a restaurant.
4. Why does the sheriff call Pat?
(a) To tell him that Jack is back in town.
(b) To tell him that Nora was in a car accident.
(c) To tell him that Jessie is in the hospital.
(d) To tell him that the golf outing has been cancelled.
5. How long had Jack been gone from Holt?
(a) 10 weeks.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 8 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Jessie best be characterized?
2. For what reason did Jessie marry Jack?
3. How often is Jessie seen in public with Jack?
4. What is the result of Charlie's failed suicide attempt?
5. For how long is Doyle Francis to take over at the grain elevator?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)