|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pat go to visit Jack?
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A church.
(d) An abandoned warehouse.
2. What is the name of Jessie and Jack's second son?
3. What do most of the townspeople have in common?
(a) They are artists.
(b) They are Methodists.
(c) They have a share in the grain elevator.
(d) They are Republicans.
4. Which of the following do Pat, Jessie and her boys NOT do on an excursion to Denver?
(a) Eat at a family restaurant.
(b) Visit a children's museum.
(c) Play cowboys.
(d) Go to a waterpark.
5. What is the name of Jessie and Jack's son?
(a) Thomas Jerald.
(b) Thomas John.
(c) Thomas James.
(d) Thomas Jared.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Pat and Nora's daughter?
2. Where does Charlie attempt suicide?
3. Where is Jessie working?
4. Why does the prosecutor tell the sheriff that he cannot hold Jack in jail?
5. Where do Pat and Jessie decide to take the boys to avoid seeing Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Pat's marriage to Nora after the death of their daughter?
2. How do Pat and Jessie become romantically involved?
3. What personal tragedy does Pat suffer in the Summer of 1982?
4. Why is the sheriff unable to keep Jack locked up?
5. What is revealed about Jack that infuriates the people in Holt?
6. After Jack has been gone for awhile, what shocking and public action does Jessie take?
7. Why are the people in Holt so angry at Charlie Soames?
8. What is the only thing Jessie can think to do in order to repay the townspeople for Jack's crime?
9. What happens to finally make the townspeople leave Jessie alone?
10. Why are the people of Holt so angry at Charlie Soames?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)