|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT Jack's demeanor when the head of the grain elevator's board visits him in jail?
2. How often is Jessie seen in public with Jack?
(c) All the time.
3. With whom does Pat become involved romantically?
(b) Wanda Jo.
4. What is the result of Charlie's failed suicide attempt?
(a) He is brain damaged.
(b) He has a stroke.
(c) He is crippled.
(d) He is a paraplegic.
5. What is the purpose of Jessie's visit to the Hold Mercury office in January of 1977?
(a) To place an ad for her garage sale.
(b) To have a notice printed about Jack.
(c) To purchase a subscription.
(d) To place an ad for the grain elevator.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Jessie best be characterized?
2. What is the general feeling in town regarding the grain elevator theft?
3. What does Jack order Pat to do?
4. How old is Jessie?
5. What does the grain elevator bookkeeper become in town after the news of the theft?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)