|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname of Jessie and Jack's son?
(b) Tommie Boy.
(c) Tom Tom.
2. Who is the bookkeeper at the grain elevator?
(a) Charlie Soames.
(b) Max Harrington.
(c) Jack Vincent.
(d) Steve Marshall.
3. What items does Jack buy on credit at the Men's Store?
(a) A tuxedo.
(b) Three suits.
(c) A suit and shirts.
(d) Shoes and shirts.
4. Whose company does Jessie value most?
(a) Her own.
(d) Wanda Jo's.
5. What do Pat and Jessie do on Sundays?
(a) Go to baseball games.
(b) Go to a matinee.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Go on outings with her boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the bookkeeper of the grain elevator when the theft is revealed?
2. On what day of the week does Jessie work?
3. How does Charlie attempt suicide?
4. Which pet in the Burdette household is killed?
5. What is Jack's only regret about his crime?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the people of Holt so angry at Charlie Soames?
2. What purchases does Jack make prior to leaving town for good?
3. How does Jessie find out that Jack has returned to town?
4. Why does Jack's crime make the people of Holt dislike Jessie even more?
5. What does Doyle Francis discover when he returns to manage the grain elevator in Jack's absence?
6. What happens to finally make the townspeople leave Jessie alone?
7. Why are Pat and Jessie perfect candidates for a romantic relationship with each other?
8. What happens when Charlie's suicide attempt fails?
9. Why are the people in Holt so angry at Charlie Soames?
10. What happens to Pat's marriage to Nora after the death of their daughter?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)