|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of behavior does Wanda Jo exhibit after she hears the news about Jack?
(a) She becomes very religious.
(b) She is promiscuous.
(c) She won't go out of the house.
(d) She damages Jack's car.
2. Who was the owner of the town's newspaper?
(a) Mr. Armstrong.
(b) Mr. Archer.
(c) Mr. Arbuckle.
(d) Mr. Arbogast.
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Jack as a student?
(c) Less than ideal.
4. What is a quality that Jack possesses?
(a) Mechanical skills.
(b) Public speaking skills.
(d) Musical ability.
5. From where was Jack's father returning when he was killed?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The bars.
(c) A church.
(d) The high school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of relationship does the girl in #75 want with Jack?
2. What color is the vehicle in #5?
3. What does the person in #8 do after confronting the man in the parked vehicle?
4. In school, no teacher would agree to have Jack in her class for more than ____________________.
5. Where does Pat get a job after college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wanda Jo do when she learns that Jack got married?
2. Who does Pat marry, and what is their early married life like?
3. Who was Wanda Jo Evans and what role did she play in Jack's life?
4. How does Jack's childhood behavior mirror the environment in his home?
5. Why did Jack and his friends steal a refrigerator?
6. What negative behavior characteristics does Jack show through his actions?
7. What role does Wanda Jo play in Jack's life after his stint in the army, and what does Wanda Jo hope for regarding Jack?
8. Who first notices Jack when he returns to Holt?
9. Compare and contrast Pat and Jack's perspectives on the college experience.
10. What does Jack's marriage to Jessie indicate to Wanda Jo?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)