|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Jack's father headed when he died?
(c) Hardware store.
2. In what state does the novel take place?
(d) New Mexico.
3. The person in #2 parks the vehicle in front of what establishment?
(a) A church.
(b) A movie theater.
(c) A tavern.
(d) A cafe.
4. Who is the narrator of the story?
(a) Chick Weber.
(b) Phil Simmons.
(c) Pat Arbuckle.
(d) Fred Porter.
5. What does Jack say is the advice his lawyer gave him?
(a) The statute of limitations for his crime has passed.
(b) He needs to keep a low profile.
(c) He thinks he should plead guilty.
(d) He should not sign any documents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jack's mother was a/an _________________ woman.
2. What rumor about Jack spreads quickly in town when Jack returns from his trip?
3. Why does Wanda Jo put up with Jack's poor treatment of her?
4. When do boys in town come to drink beer and play cards in Jack's room?
5. What did the girl in #28 get in return for doing Jack's homework?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Wanda Jo play in Jack's life after his stint in the army, and what does Wanda Jo hope for regarding Jack?
2. How was Jack's father killed?
3. What happens that gives Wanda Jo a glimmer of hope regarding a life with Jack?
4. What is the setting for the novel?
5. Describe Jack's high school years.
6. Who is the author of "Where You Once Belonged" and what is known about him?
7. Why did Jack move out of his mother's house after his father died?
8. How does Jack's childhood behavior mirror the environment in his home?
9. Who was Wanda Jo Evans and what role did she play in Jack's life?
10. What is the purpose of Jack's trip to Tulsa?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)