|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack move out of his mother's house?
(a) He wants to live with his girlfriend.
(b) He went to college.
(c) She is too strict.
(d) She married a man he doesn't like.
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Jack as a student?
(b) Less than ideal.
3. Jack's father was a/an ____________________.
4. To what city does Wanda Jo eventually move?
(b) Des Moines.
5. Jack's mother was a/an _________________ woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person in #8 do after confronting the man in the parked vehicle?
2. What color is the vehicle in #5?
3. What is the name of Pat's little girl?
4. Jack is accused of stealing _________________ from another student.
5. What sport did Jack discover in high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Jack's trip to Tulsa?
2. Why did Jack and his friends steal a refrigerator?
3. Compare and contrast Pat and Jack's perspectives on the college experience.
4. What did Jack's room at the boarding house become for his friends?
5. Who is Pat Arbuckle?
6. How does the sheriff's treatment of Jack indicate what most of the townspeople feel about him?
7. Who does Pat marry, and what is their early married life like?
8. Why did Jack move out of his mother's house after his father died?
9. How was Jack's father killed?
10. What information does the author reveal about Jack Burdette at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)