|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the story take place?
2. What is the reason for Jack's trip to the city in #84?
(a) A vacation.
(b) A managers conference.
(c) A family reunion.
(d) A wedding.
3. How long had Jack worked at his job before getting a promotion?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 18 months.
4. Why does Jack move out of his mother's house?
(a) He wants to live with his girlfriend.
(b) She is too strict.
(c) She married a man he doesn't like.
(d) He went to college.
5. What was notable about Jack Burdette's father?
(a) He was a minister.
(b) He had six fingers on one hand.
(c) He was deaf.
(d) He was an alcoholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jack's father was a/an ____________________.
2. Jack left on his trip on a Thursday and was supposed to return on _________________.
3. Who was the girl who agreed to do all of Jack's homework?
4. What is the profession of the father of the girl in #68?
5. To what city does Wanda Jo eventually move?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack's childhood behavior mirror the environment in his home?
2. What happens that gives Wanda Jo a glimmer of hope regarding a life with Jack?
3. What role does Wanda Jo play in Jack's life after his stint in the army, and what does Wanda Jo hope for regarding Jack?
4. Who first notices Jack when he returns to Holt?
5. What does Wanda Jo do when she learns that Jack got married?
6. What is the purpose of Jack's trip to Tulsa?
7. Describe Jack's high school years.
8. What does Jack's moving out of his mother's house indicate about his personality?
9. What did Jack excel at during high school that made him a local hero?
10. Who was Wanda Jo Evans and what role did she play in Jack's life?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)