|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jack's father die?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He had cancer.
(d) His car was hit by a train.
2. Who is the young woman Jack meets while on his trip?
3. Where did Pat and his new wife move after graduation?
4. In what year did Jack's father die?
5. What does the person in #8 do after confronting the man in the parked vehicle?
(a) Goes to the police station.
(b) Takes his wife to the beauty salon.
(c) Returns home.
(d) Goes to a bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jack work after his stint in the Army?
2. What does Jack do with the young woman in #88?
3. Why does Wanda Jo put up with Jack's poor treatment of her?
4. What does the wife of the person in #8 want him to do?
5. Where does Jack get a job after he moves out of his mother's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Pat and Jessie perfect candidates for a romantic relationship with each other?
2. How does Jessie find out that Jack has returned to town?
3. Who is Nora Kramer and what are her personality traits?
4. Why did Jack and his friends steal a refrigerator?
5. How does the sheriff's treatment of Jack indicate what most of the townspeople feel about him?
6. Who was Wanda Jo Evans and what role did she play in Jack's life?
7. Why is the sheriff unable to keep Jack locked up?
8. What is revealed about Jack's parentage when the author uses a flashback in Chapter 2?
9. Who is the author of "Where You Once Belonged" and what is known about him?
10. Who does Pat marry, and what is their early married life like?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)