|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack handle the unpleasant things in his life?
(a) He gets drunk.
(b) He runs away from them.
(c) He meets them head on.
(d) He gets psychological counseling.
2. What do Jack and his friends steal from Burcham Scott's house?
(a) A gas grill.
(b) A stereo.
(c) A refrigerator.
(d) A car.
3. To what city does Wanda Jo eventually move?
(a) Des Moines.
4. What is the name of the town where the story takes place?
(c) Hot Springs.
5. Instead of doing his homework like she did in high school, what does Wanda Jo do for Jack now?
(a) She mends his clothes.
(b) She washes his car.
(c) She cleans his apartment.
(d) She does his laundry.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city does Jack go six months after his promotion?
2. What was Jack scheduled to do upon his return home from his trip?
3. What does Jack do with the young woman in #88?
4. Where did Pat and his new wife move after graduation?
5. What is the name of Pat's little girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the sheriff's treatment of Jack indicate what most of the townspeople feel about him?
2. Why did Jack and his friends steal a refrigerator?
3. Who was Wanda Jo Evans and what role did she play in Jack's life?
4. Who is Nora Kramer and what are her personality traits?
5. Why was Jack expelled from college and where did he go after leaving school?
6. Who is the author of "Where You Once Belonged" and what is known about him?
7. What negative behavior characteristics does Jack show through his actions?
8. Compare and contrast Pat and Jack's perspectives on the college experience.
9. Who does Pat marry, and what is their early married life like?
10. What is Jack Burdette doing at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)