|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could the girl in #68 best be characterized?
2. Who is the author of "Where You Once Belonged"?
(a) Kurt Hingham.
(b) Kirk Houston.
(c) Kent Harrison.
(d) Kent Haruf.
3. What event has traumatized the girl in #68?
(a) A cancer diagnosis.
(b) Her mother's death.
(c) Her father's death.
(d) A car accident.
4. What is the profession of the father of the girl in #68?
(a) Newspaper publisher.
(b) College professor.
5. What does Wanda Jo do in Jack's room when the boys are there?
(a) Watches TV.
(b) Serves beer.
(c) Jack's homework.
(d) Makes sandwiches.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what job is Jack promoted?
2. What punishment does Jack receive for stealing the item in #65?
3. Who was the girl who agreed to do all of Jack's homework?
4. With whom does Pat fall in love while at college?
5. Who does Jack date when he returns from the Army?
Short Essay Questions
1. What negative behavior characteristics does Jack show through his actions?
2. Why did Jack and his friends steal a refrigerator?
3. What is Jack Burdette doing at the beginning of the story?
4. What happens that gives Wanda Jo a glimmer of hope regarding a life with Jack?
5. Compare and contrast Pat and Jack's perspectives on the college experience.
6. Who is Nora Kramer and what are her personality traits?
7. Who does Pat marry, and what is their early married life like?
8. What role does Wanda Jo play in Jack's life after his stint in the army, and what does Wanda Jo hope for regarding Jack?
9. Who is the author of "Where You Once Belonged" and what is known about him?
10. What does Jack's marriage to Jessie indicate to Wanda Jo?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)