|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wanda Jo feel when she hears the news about Jack?
(a) She is grateful.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She is depressed.
2. What can be said about Jack's parents?
(a) They were pillars of the community.
(b) He never knew his father.
(c) They were older when Jack was born.
(d) They spoiled him rotten.
3. What type of business does the person in #8 own?
(a) Insurance agency.
(b) Floral shop.
(c) Men's clothing shop.
(d) Grocery store.
4. What type of vehicle does the person in #2 drive?
(c) El Camino.
5. How does Jack handle the unpleasant things in his life?
(a) He meets them head on.
(b) He gets drunk.
(c) He runs away from them.
(d) He gets psychological counseling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jack live after he moves out of his mother's house?
2. What did the person in #46 find it difficult to do?
3. What does Wanda Jo think is a good sign for her in terms of getting Joe to ask her to marry him?
4. Jack is accused of stealing _________________ from another student.
5. What sport did Jack discover in high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Jack expelled from college and where did he go after leaving school?
2. How was Jack's father killed?
3. What did Jack excel at during high school that made him a local hero?
4. Who is Pat Arbuckle?
5. Why did Jack and his friends steal a refrigerator?
6. Who first notices Jack when he returns to Holt?
7. Describe Jack's high school years.
8. What is revealed about Jack's parentage when the author uses a flashback in Chapter 2?
9. How does the sheriff treat Jack when he finds him?
10. What negative behavior characteristics does Jack show through his actions?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)