|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the sheriff hit Jack?
(a) The forehead.
(b) The back.
(c) The back of his head.
(d) The stomach.
2. Jack's mother was a/an _________________ woman.
3. Where was Jack's father headed when he died?
(d) Hardware store.
4. What sport did Jack discover in high school?
5. In what year did Jack's father die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event has traumatized the girl in #68?
2. What was notable about Jack Burdette's father?
3. What does Jack's mother do to him after his father's death?
4. How did Jack's father die?
5. Why does Jack move out of his mother's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that gives Wanda Jo a glimmer of hope regarding a life with Jack?
2. Why are the people in Holt so angry at Charlie Soames?
3. What happens when Charlie's suicide attempt fails?
4. What does Jack warn Pat about when Pat visits him in jail?
5. How could Jack be characterized as a kid and what were the circumstances of his school years?
6. What role does Wanda Jo play in Jack's life after his stint in the army, and what does Wanda Jo hope for regarding Jack?
7. Who is the author of "Where You Once Belonged" and what is known about him?
8. What job does Jessie take even though she is in the late stages of pregnancy?
9. What does Wanda Jo do when she learns that Jack got married?
10. Compare and contrast Pat and Jack's perspectives on the college experience.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)