Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pays for Jack's accommodations while he is on his trip?
(a) The grain elevator.
(b) The Chamber of Commerce.
(c) His personal account.
(d) His mother.
2. What sport did Jack discover in high school?
3. When do boys in town come to drink beer and play cards in Jack's room?
(a) Thursday nights.
(b) Saturday nights.
(c) Sunday nights.
(d) Friday nights.
4. To what city does Jack go six months after his promotion?
(c) Des Moines.
5. Who was the owner of the town's newspaper?
(a) Mr. Armstrong.
(b) Mr. Arbogast.
(c) Mr. Archer.
(d) Mr. Arbuckle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack say is the advice his lawyer gave him?
2. To what city does Wanda Jo eventually move?
3. Jack's father was a/an ____________________.
4. In what year did Jack's father die?
5. Jack's mother was a/an _________________ woman.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Doyle Francis discover when he returns to manage the grain elevator in Jack's absence?
2. Why do so many people in town turn up at the diner when Jack returns to town?
3. What did Jack's room at the boarding house become for his friends?
4. Who first notices Jack when he returns to Holt?
5. What is the purpose of Jack's trip to Tulsa?
6. What does Jack do that shows why he came back to Holt, and what do his actions do to Pat?
7. How does Jessie find out that Jack has returned to town?
8. How does Jack meet Jessie and what is her role in his life?
9. Where do Jack and Pat go to college and how do they like the college experience?
10. How does Charlie try to commit suicide?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)