|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the wife of the person in #8 want him to do?
(a) Take her to dinner.
(b) Have the car impounded.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Call the police.
2. To what job is Jack promoted?
(a) Buyer at the men's store.
(b) Manager of the grain elevator.
(c) Head mechanic.
(d) Manager of the real estate office.
3. What kind of behavior does Wanda Jo exhibit after she hears the news about Jack?
(a) She damages Jack's car.
(b) She is promiscuous.
(c) She won't go out of the house.
(d) She becomes very religious.
4. How did Jack behave in school?
(a) He was well behaved.
(b) He was a distraction.
(c) He was attentive.
(d) He was shy.
5. What can be said about Jack's parents?
(a) They were older when Jack was born.
(b) He never knew his father.
(c) They spoiled him rotten.
(d) They were pillars of the community.
Short Answer Questions
1. What punishment does Jack receive for stealing the item in #65?
2. Where does the sheriff hit Jack?
3. What is the name of Pat's little girl?
4. What rumor about Jack spreads quickly in town when Jack returns from his trip?
5. Jack left on his trip on a Thursday and was supposed to return on _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Jack's father killed?
2. What did Jack excel at during high school that made him a local hero?
3. What did Jack's room at the boarding house become for his friends?
4. Who does Pat marry, and what is their early married life like?
5. What does Ralph Bird do when he spots Jack back in Holt?
6. Compare and contrast Pat and Jack's perspectives on the college experience.
7. Who first notices Jack when he returns to Holt?
8. Where do Jack and Pat go to college and how do they like the college experience?
9. Why did Jack and his friends steal a refrigerator?
10. What is the setting for the novel?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)