|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Jack as a student?
(c) Less than ideal.
2. What does Jack do with the young woman in #88?
(a) He gives her a job.
(b) He takes her to Hawaii.
(c) He marries her.
(d) He buys her a car.
3. Jack is accused of stealing _________________ from another student.
(a) a radio.
(b) a computer.
(c) a textbook.
(d) a pair of jeans.
4. What did the person in #46 find it difficult to do?
(a) Ask a girl on a date.
(b) Leave for college.
(c) Try out for sports.
(d) Offer condolences to Jack.
5. Where does Jack work after his stint in the Army?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) The general store.
(c) The grain elevator.
(d) The gas station.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city does Jack go six months after his promotion?
2. What does Jack do after he leaves college?
3. Who is the narrator of the story?
4. Where does Pat get a job after college?
5. What rumor about Jack spreads quickly in town when Jack returns from his trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jack and his friends steal a refrigerator?
2. Where do Jack and Pat go to college and how do they like the college experience?
3. How does Jack's childhood behavior mirror the environment in his home?
4. What negative behavior characteristics does Jack show through his actions?
5. How does the sheriff treat Jack when he finds him?
6. Who is Nora Kramer and what are her personality traits?
7. Why did Jack move out of his mother's house after his father died?
8. How does Jack meet Jessie and what is her role in his life?
9. What is Jack Burdette doing at the beginning of the story?
10. What does Wanda Jo do when she learns that Jack got married?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)