|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the girl who agreed to do all of Jack's homework?
(a) Naomi Lee Evans.
(b) Doris Ann Evans.
(c) Wanda Jo Evans.
(d) Millie Sue Evans.
2. With whom does Pat fall in love while at college?
(a) Melinda Holloway.
(b) Nora Kramer.
(c) Shelly Grimm.
(d) Amie Gallagher.
3. Who is the narrator of the story?
(a) Pat Arbuckle.
(b) Phil Simmons.
(c) Chick Weber.
(d) Fred Porter.
4. What major decision does Wanda Jo make regarding Jack?
(a) She moves out of town.
(b) She accepts his job offer.
(c) She agrees to marry him.
(d) She decides to divorce him.
5. What is the name of the town where the story takes place?
(a) Hot Springs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rule for football players did Jack have difficulty following?
2. What does Jack say is the advice his lawyer gave him?
3. Jack Burdette's crime had to do with _____________________.
4. What was Jack scheduled to do upon his return home from his trip?
5. Where does the sheriff hit Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Jack's father killed?
2. How does Jack's childhood behavior mirror the environment in his home?
3. How does the sheriff treat Jack when he finds him?
4. Why was Jack expelled from college and where did he go after leaving school?
5. What is the purpose of Jack's trip to Tulsa?
6. What is Jack Burdette doing at the beginning of the story?
7. Compare and contrast Pat and Jack's perspectives on the college experience.
8. Who is Pat Arbuckle?
9. Who is the author of "Where You Once Belonged" and what is known about him?
10. Who does Pat marry, and what is their early married life like?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)