|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month of the year did Jack's father die?
2. Who is the young woman Jack meets while on his trip?
3. What rumor about Jack spreads quickly in town when Jack returns from his trip?
(a) He hit a policeman.
(b) He is a married man.
(c) He had a bad accident.
(d) He was admitted to a psychiatric hospital.
4. Why does Pat not see Jack often at college?
(a) Jack is an athlete and Pat is a scholar.
(b) Their schedules conflict.
(c) He is embarrassed to be seen with him.
(d) They live in different dorms.
5. What does Jack's mother do to him after his father's death?
(a) Sends him away to boarding school.
(b) Takes away his driver's license.
(c) Makes him study with a tutor every night.
(d) Reins him in so he doesn't become like his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Jack's friends not happy with the arrangements of meeting in Jack's room?
2. From where was Jack's father returning when he was killed?
3. How could the girl in #68 best be characterized?
4. To what city does Wanda Jo eventually move?
5. What do Jack and his friends steal from Burcham Scott's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack meet Jessie and what is her role in his life?
2. What is Jack Burdette doing at the beginning of the story?
3. Who is the author of "Where You Once Belonged" and what is known about him?
4. What is the setting for the novel?
5. What happens that gives Wanda Jo a glimmer of hope regarding a life with Jack?
6. How was Jack's father killed?
7. What does Ralph Bird do when he spots Jack back in Holt?
8. Who does Pat marry, and what is their early married life like?
9. Why did Jack and his friends steal a refrigerator?
10. What negative behavior characteristics does Jack show through his actions?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)