|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the person in #46 find it difficult to do?
(a) Leave for college.
(b) Try out for sports.
(c) Ask a girl on a date.
(d) Offer condolences to Jack.
2. How did Jack behave in school?
(a) He was attentive.
(b) He was shy.
(c) He was a distraction.
(d) He was well behaved.
3. What is the name of Pat's little girl?
4. Jack left on his trip on a Thursday and was supposed to return on _________________.
5. How could Jack be described as a child?
(a) Big and tough.
(b) Fat and a bully.
(c) Average and quiet.
(d) Tall and shy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What punishment does Jack receive for stealing the item in #65?
2. What is the profession of the father of the girl in #68?
3. Jack's father was a/an ____________________.
4. What does Jack's mother do to him after his father's death?
5. Who pays for Jack's accommodations while he is on his trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack's moving out of his mother's house indicate about his personality?
2. How does Jack meet Jessie and what is her role in his life?
3. What does Jack's marriage to Jessie indicate to Wanda Jo?
4. Who was Wanda Jo Evans and what role did she play in Jack's life?
5. What is Jack Burdette doing at the beginning of the story?
6. What is revealed about Jack's parentage when the author uses a flashback in Chapter 2?
7. How does the sheriff treat Jack when he finds him?
8. Who does Pat marry, and what is their early married life like?
9. Who is Pat Arbuckle?
10. What role does Wanda Jo play in Jack's life after his stint in the army, and what does Wanda Jo hope for regarding Jack?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)