|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the young woman Jack meets while on his trip?
2. What event has traumatized the girl in #68?
(a) A cancer diagnosis.
(b) Her mother's death.
(c) Her father's death.
(d) A car accident.
3. Most of the people in Holt feel _________________ about Jack Burdette.
4. Who saw Jack at the site where his father was killed?
(a) Wanda Jo.
5. What did the person in #46 find it difficult to do?
(a) Ask a girl on a date.
(b) Leave for college.
(c) Try out for sports.
(d) Offer condolences to Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do boys in town come to drink beer and play cards in Jack's room?
2. Jack's room became a meeting place for _____________________.
3. What surprises Wanda Jo about Jack's return to town?
4. The person in #2 parks the vehicle in front of what establishment?
5. What is the sheriff doing when he gets a call about Jack Burdette?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack's moving out of his mother's house indicate about his personality?
2. What does Jack's marriage to Jessie indicate to Wanda Jo?
3. Where do Jack and Pat go to college and how do they like the college experience?
4. What is the purpose of Jack's trip to Tulsa?
5. Why did Jack and his friends steal a refrigerator?
6. What information does the author reveal about Jack Burdette at the beginning of the novel?
7. Compare and contrast Pat and Jack's perspectives on the college experience.
8. How does Jack meet Jessie and what is her role in his life?
9. Why was Jack expelled from college and where did he go after leaving school?
10. Who was Wanda Jo Evans and what role did she play in Jack's life?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)