|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Pat fall in love while at college?
(a) Nora Kramer.
(b) Amie Gallagher.
(c) Melinda Holloway.
(d) Shelly Grimm.
2. Why is Jack unhappy during his early days at college?
(a) He is no longer the star of the football team.
(b) He has to get a part-time job.
(c) He can't find a good tutor.
(d) A girl he likes is not interested in him.
3. Who was the son of the owner of the town's newspaper?
(a) Phil Arbuckle.
(b) Peter Arbuckle.
(c) Pat Arbuckle.
(d) Paul Arbuckle.
4. Who was the owner of the town's newspaper?
(a) Mr. Arbogast.
(b) Mr. Armstrong.
(c) Mr. Arbuckle.
(d) Mr. Archer.
5. What did Jack's father not see until it was too late?
(a) A gang of boys in a car.
(b) An intruder.
(c) A semi-trailer.
(d) A train coming down the tracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city does Wanda Jo eventually move?
2. Who photographed the accident site where Jack's father was killed?
3. How long has the girl in #75 taken care of things for Jack?
4. What is the name of the town where the story takes place?
5. Why does Wanda Jo put up with Jack's poor treatment of her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting for the novel?
2. Compare and contrast Pat and Jack's perspectives on the college experience.
3. What negative behavior characteristics does Jack show through his actions?
4. Who was Wanda Jo Evans and what role did she play in Jack's life?
5. What role does Wanda Jo play in Jack's life after his stint in the army, and what does Wanda Jo hope for regarding Jack?
6. Who is Nora Kramer and what are her personality traits?
7. Who does Pat marry, and what is their early married life like?
8. What does Jack's moving out of his mother's house indicate about his personality?
9. Why did Jack and his friends steal a refrigerator?
10. What does Ralph Bird do when he spots Jack back in Holt?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)