|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jack's father die?
(a) His car was hit by a train.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He had cancer.
(d) He was shot.
2. How could Jack be described as a child?
(a) Fat and a bully.
(b) Tall and shy.
(c) Average and quiet.
(d) Big and tough.
3. What rumor about Jack spreads quickly in town when Jack returns from his trip?
(a) He was admitted to a psychiatric hospital.
(b) He had a bad accident.
(c) He hit a policeman.
(d) He is a married man.
4. What does Jack say is the advice his lawyer gave him?
(a) He thinks he should plead guilty.
(b) The statute of limitations for his crime has passed.
(c) He needs to keep a low profile.
(d) He should not sign any documents.
5. What do Jack and his friends steal from Burcham Scott's house?
(a) A refrigerator.
(b) A stereo.
(c) A gas grill.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told the person in #46 about Jack's father's accident?
2. What is the profession of the father of the girl in #68?
3. What does Jack do with the young woman in #88?
4. Who was the owner of the town's newspaper?
5. What did the girl in #28 get in return for doing Jack's homework?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack's moving out of his mother's house indicate about his personality?
2. What does Wanda Jo do when she learns that Jack got married?
3. Why did Jack and his friends steal a refrigerator?
4. Who is the author of "Where You Once Belonged" and what is known about him?
5. Why did Jack move out of his mother's house after his father died?
6. What does Ralph Bird do when he spots Jack back in Holt?
7. What is revealed about Jack's parentage when the author uses a flashback in Chapter 2?
8. How does Jack's childhood behavior mirror the environment in his home?
9. Why was Jack expelled from college and where did he go after leaving school?
10. What is Jack Burdette doing at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)