|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Pat's little girl?
2. Which of the following best describes Jack?
3. Who photographed the accident site where Jack's father was killed?
(a) Ed Voiles.
(b) Tim Miller.
(c) Frank Morton.
(d) Pat Arbuckle.
4. Where does the sheriff hit Jack?
(a) The back.
(b) The stomach.
(c) The back of his head.
(d) The forehead.
5. Why does Wanda Jo put up with Jack's poor treatment of her?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She has very low self esteem.
(c) She hopes that he will ask her to marry him.
(d) She doesn't know anyone else she wants to date.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jack's father was a/an ____________________.
2. Where was Jack's father headed when he died?
3. What was a usual result of Jack's behavior in school?
4. How long has the girl in #75 taken care of things for Jack?
5. What does Jack's mother do to him after his father's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Jack's father killed?
2. What does Jack's moving out of his mother's house indicate about his personality?
3. How does the sheriff's treatment of Jack indicate what most of the townspeople feel about him?
4. Compare and contrast Pat and Jack's perspectives on the college experience.
5. What happens that gives Wanda Jo a glimmer of hope regarding a life with Jack?
6. What did Jack excel at during high school that made him a local hero?
7. Why did Jack move out of his mother's house after his father died?
8. What does Wanda Jo do when she learns that Jack got married?
9. How does Jack's childhood behavior mirror the environment in his home?
10. Describe Jack's high school years.
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)