|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town's newspaper?
(a) The Holt Dispatch.
(b) The Holt Gazette.
(c) The Holt Journal.
(d) The Holt Mercury.
2. What expensive item does Jack buy on credit at a jewelry store in December of 1976?
(a) Diamond earrings.
(b) Anniversary ring.
(d) Pearl necklace.
3. What is Pat doing with Jessie and the boys one night when he receives a call from the sheriff?
(a) Taking a nap.
(b) Watching a movie at home.
(c) Eating dinner at a restaurant.
(d) Getting ready for work.
4. What does Jack order Pat to do?
(a) Stay away from Jessie.
(b) Post his bail.
(c) Give him a job.
(d) Move to Denver.
5. Who makes the decision to not put Charlie on trial?
(a) The grain elevator.
(b) The judge.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The prosecutors.
6. How much money have Jack and the bookkeeper managed to steal from the grain elevator over the years?
7. What is the name of Jessie and Jack's second son?
8. Where do Pat and Jessie decide to take the boys to avoid seeing Jack?
(a) A fishing trip in the Bahamas.
(b) Nora's father's house in Denver.
(c) A trip into the mountains.
(d) A bed & breakfast in California.
9. What message does Jessie publish for the townspeople to read?
(a) That she is not responsible for Jack's debts.
(b) That a search has been scheduled to find Jack.
(c) That she is divorcing Jack.
(d) That Jack has been murdered.
10. Who do the townspeople yell at on the street?
(b) Wanda Jo.
11. What is NOT Jack's demeanor when the head of the grain elevator's board visits him in jail?
12. What happens to the bookkeeper of the grain elevator when the theft is revealed?
(a) He is reprimanded.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He is put on probation.
(d) He is fired.
13. What does Jack refuse to talk to Pat about?
(a) His health.
(b) His boys.
(d) The embezzlement.
14. What happens to Pat and Nora's daughter?
(a) She is killed in a car accident.
(b) She gets married.
(c) She graduates Summa Cum Laude.
(d) She wins a beauty pageant.
15. Where does almost everyone in town go to see Jack's new wife?
(a) The church hall.
(b) The diner.
(c) Jack's apartment.
(d) The grain elevator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the general feeling in town regarding the grain elevator theft?
2. How long had Jack been gone from Holt?
3. Why is Charlie not tried for the grain elevator theft?
4. What job does Jessie get?
5. Where does Pat go to visit Jack?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)