|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Jessie sign over the deed to her house?
(a) The grain elevator.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her children.
(d) The Methodist church.
2. What items does Jack buy on credit at the Men's Store?
(a) A tuxedo.
(b) Three suits.
(c) A suit and shirts.
(d) Shoes and shirts.
3. What makes the townspeople stop taking out their anger on Jessie?
(a) She loses her baby.
(b) They are tired of being angry.
(c) She and her boys move out of town.
(d) She is able to pay back the money Jack stole.
4. Which of the following do Pat, Jessie and her boys NOT do on an excursion to Denver?
(a) Go to a waterpark.
(b) Play cowboys.
(c) Eat at a family restaurant.
(d) Visit a children's museum.
5. What expensive item does Jack buy on credit at a jewelry store in December of 1976?
(a) Anniversary ring.
(b) Diamond earrings.
(c) Pearl necklace.
6. Where does Charlie attempt suicide?
(a) His car.
(b) His basement.
(c) His shed.
(d) His attic.
7. Who cared for Jessie's mother and siblings?
(a) Jessie's father.
(b) Jessie's mother.
(d) A nurse.
8. Who is the bookkeeper at the grain elevator?
(a) Jack Vincent.
(b) Steve Marshall.
(c) Charlie Soames.
(d) Max Harrington.
9. How did the townspeople view Jack's disappearance from town initially?
(a) They were worried.
(b) They were amused.
(c) They were shocked.
(d) They were angry.
10. On what day of the week does Jessie work?
11. With whom does Pat become involved romantically?
(d) Wanda Jo.
12. What is Jack's only regret about his crime?
(a) He can't return to work at the grain elevator.
(b) The money didn't last long enough.
(c) He can't ever practice law again.
(d) Being away from his sons.
13. What do most of the townspeople have in common?
(a) They are Methodists.
(b) They are artists.
(c) They have a share in the grain elevator.
(d) They are Republicans.
14. How long had Jack been gone from Holt?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 10 weeks.
15. How many younger siblings does Jessie have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes over for Jack at the grain elevator while he is gone?
2. To whom do the townspeople direct their anger when Charlie Soames is no longer a viable target?
3. What items does Jack buy on credit at Schulte's store?
4. What does Pat realize when he visits his wife at her father's home?
5. Who is Pat and Nora's daughter?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)