|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Jessie best be characterized?
2. What do Pat and Jessie do on Sundays?
(a) Go to baseball games.
(b) Go to a matinee.
(c) Go on outings with her boys.
(d) Go to church.
3. What does Jack do to Pat at Jessie's apartment?
(a) Stabs him.
(b) Hits him with a fireplace poker.
(c) Shoots him.
(d) Ties him up.
4. Who do the townspeople yell at on the street?
(b) Wanda Jo.
5. What happens to Pat and Nora's daughter?
(a) She is killed in a car accident.
(b) She gets married.
(c) She wins a beauty pageant.
(d) She graduates Summa Cum Laude.
6. What does Jack order Pat to do?
(a) Give him a job.
(b) Post his bail.
(c) Move to Denver.
(d) Stay away from Jessie.
7. What expensive item does Jack buy on credit at a jewelry store in December of 1976?
(b) Pearl necklace.
(c) Diamond earrings.
(d) Anniversary ring.
8. What does Pat realize when he visits his wife at her father's home?
(a) He needs a vacation.
(b) His marriage is over.
(c) He wants to take a leave of absence.
(d) He wants to move to Denver.
9. What does Jack do to his family?
(a) He takes them out of town.
(b) He murders them.
(c) He takes them to dinner.
(d) He reunites happily with them.
10. What items does Jack buy on credit at the Men's Store?
(a) Three suits.
(b) A tuxedo.
(c) A suit and shirts.
(d) Shoes and shirts.
11. On what day of the week does Jessie work?
12. How is Jack able to force Jessie and the boys into the car?
(a) He promises them a better life.
(b) He says they are going on vacation.
(c) He threatens them at gunpoint.
(d) He apologizes for hurting them.
13. Who takes over for Jack at the grain elevator while he is gone?
(a) Denny Strait.
(b) Pat Arbuckle.
(c) Ed Voiles.
(d) Doyle Francis.
14. What job does Jessie get?
(a) Dancing at a bar.
(b) Dental hygienist.
(c) Waitress at a cafe.
(d) Assistant at the library.
15. For how long is Doyle Francis to take over at the grain elevator?
(a) A few months.
(b) Until Jack returns or a replacement can be found.
(c) As long as he wants to stay.
(d) Just a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the prosecutor tell the sheriff that he cannot hold Jack in jail?
2. How does Charlie attempt suicide?
3. What makes Jessie's job difficult for her?
4. What is Jack's main concern when talking to Pat?
5. With whom does Pat become involved romantically?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)