|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What items does Jack buy on credit at the Men's Store?
(a) Three suits.
(b) Shoes and shirts.
(c) A tuxedo.
(d) A suit and shirts.
2. How old is Pat and Nora's daughter in 1982?
3. What expensive item does Jack buy on credit at a jewelry store in December of 1976?
(a) Pearl necklace.
(b) Anniversary ring.
(d) Diamond earrings.
4. What does Jack refuse to talk to Pat about?
(a) His boys.
(b) His health.
(d) The embezzlement.
5. How does Charlie attempt suicide?
(a) He shoots himself.
(b) He inhales car exhaust fumes.
(c) He slits his wrist.
(d) He overdoses on drugs.
6. What is the name of Jessie and Jack's son?
(a) Thomas James.
(b) Thomas Jerald.
(c) Thomas Jared.
(d) Thomas John.
7. Who is the bookkeeper at the grain elevator?
(a) Jack Vincent.
(b) Steve Marshall.
(c) Max Harrington.
(d) Charlie Soames.
8. To whom does Jessie sign over the deed to her house?
(a) Her brother.
(b) The Methodist church.
(c) Her children.
(d) The grain elevator.
9. Why do the townspeople center their anger about the theft on the bookkeeper?
(a) Jack has run away from town.
(b) He is the one who had the idea to steal.
(c) He is also a minister and should know better than to steal.
(d) He has a history of theft.
10. How do the townspeople feel when Charlie does not stand trial?
(a) They are complacent about it.
(b) They understand his situation.
(c) They don't pay much attention to the situation.
(d) They feel cheated out of justice.
11. What items does Jack buy on credit at Schulte's store?
(a) An overcoat.
(b) A couple of belts.
(d) Underwear and socks.
12. Why does the sheriff call Pat?
(a) To tell him that the golf outing has been cancelled.
(b) To tell him that Jessie is in the hospital.
(c) To tell him that Jack is back in town.
(d) To tell him that Nora was in a car accident.
13. When does Nora return home after visiting her father?
(a) She doesn't come home.
(b) She returns in two weeks.
(c) She returns in a month.
(d) She returns in six months.
14. What makes the townspeople stop taking out their anger on Jessie?
(a) She and her boys move out of town.
(b) She is able to pay back the money Jack stole.
(c) They are tired of being angry.
(d) She loses her baby.
15. What is the name of Jessie and Jack's second son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Pat and Jessie decide to take the boys to avoid seeing Jack?
2. Who cared for Jessie's mother and siblings?
3. What accident does Jessie suffer?
4. For what reason did Jessie marry Jack?
5. Where does almost everyone in town go to see Jack's new wife?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)