|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does almost everyone in town go to see Jack's new wife?
(a) The grain elevator.
(b) The church hall.
(c) The diner.
(d) Jack's apartment.
2. Who makes the decision to not put Charlie on trial?
(a) The judge.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The grain elevator.
(d) The prosecutors.
3. What is the nickname of Jessie and Jack's second son?
(d) Robin Egg.
4. What does Jack do to Pat at Jessie's apartment?
(a) Shoots him.
(b) Ties him up.
(c) Hits him with a fireplace poker.
(d) Stabs him.
5. With whom does Pat become involved romantically?
(a) Wanda Jo.
6. Who is Doyle Francis?
(a) A high school principal.
(b) The former manager of the grain elevator.
(c) The mayor of Holt.
(d) A traveling salesman.
7. Who takes over for Jack at the grain elevator while he is gone?
(a) Ed Voiles.
(b) Pat Arbuckle.
(c) Denny Strait.
(d) Doyle Francis.
8. What is the nickname of Jessie and Jack's son?
(b) Tom Tom.
(d) Tommie Boy.
9. What is the name of Jessie and Jack's second son?
10. Toward whom will the townspeople direct their anger?
11. What does Jack do after he makes all the credit purchases?
(a) He returns everything.
(b) He pays it all in full.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He makes monthly payments.
12. Why do the townspeople center their anger about the theft on the bookkeeper?
(a) Jack has run away from town.
(b) He is the one who had the idea to steal.
(c) He has a history of theft.
(d) He is also a minister and should know better than to steal.
13. How did the townspeople view Jack's disappearance from town initially?
(a) They were worried.
(b) They were angry.
(c) They were amused.
(d) They were shocked.
14. On what day of the week does Jessie work?
15. What does the grain elevator bookkeeper become in town after the news of the theft?
(a) An outcast.
(b) A religious convert.
(c) A pathetic man.
(d) A hero.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sheriff do when he learns that Jack has kidnapped his family?
2. Who do the townspeople yell at on the street?
3. What is Nora's demeanor when Pat visits her at her father's house?
4. What does Jack refuse to talk to Pat about?
5. Where does Nora's father live?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)