|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Jack able to force Jessie and the boys into the car?
(a) He apologizes for hurting them.
(b) He says they are going on vacation.
(c) He threatens them at gunpoint.
(d) He promises them a better life.
2. How do the townspeople feel when Charlie does not stand trial?
(a) They understand his situation.
(b) They don't pay much attention to the situation.
(c) They are complacent about it.
(d) They feel cheated out of justice.
3. How many younger siblings does Jessie have?
4. What happens to Pat and Nora's daughter?
(a) She is killed in a car accident.
(b) She wins a beauty pageant.
(c) She graduates Summa Cum Laude.
(d) She gets married.
5. Who cared for Jessie's mother and siblings?
(b) Jessie's mother.
(c) Jessie's father.
(d) A nurse.
6. What does Jack order Pat to do?
(a) Post his bail.
(b) Stay away from Jessie.
(c) Give him a job.
(d) Move to Denver.
7. To whom does Jessie sign over the deed to her house?
(a) Her brother.
(b) The Methodist church.
(c) Her children.
(d) The grain elevator.
8. What message does Jessie publish for the townspeople to read?
(a) That she is not responsible for Jack's debts.
(b) That a search has been scheduled to find Jack.
(c) That Jack has been murdered.
(d) That she is divorcing Jack.
9. Who is Pat and Nora's daughter?
10. Where does almost everyone in town go to see Jack's new wife?
(a) The church hall.
(b) The diner.
(c) The grain elevator.
(d) Jack's apartment.
11. What is Nora's demeanor when Pat visits her at her father's house?
12. What is the nickname of Jessie and Jack's second son?
(a) Robin Egg.
13. Whose company does Jessie value most?
(b) Wanda Jo's.
(d) Her own.
14. Why do the townspeople center their anger about the theft on the bookkeeper?
(a) He is also a minister and should know better than to steal.
(b) He has a history of theft.
(c) Jack has run away from town.
(d) He is the one who had the idea to steal.
15. Who takes over for Jack at the grain elevator while he is gone?
(a) Pat Arbuckle.
(b) Doyle Francis.
(c) Denny Strait.
(d) Ed Voiles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Nora return home after visiting her father?
2. What is the purpose of Jessie's visit to the Hold Mercury office in January of 1977?
3. How old is Pat and Nora's daughter in 1982?
4. Where does Charlie attempt suicide?
5. Who do the townspeople yell at on the street?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)