|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack do to his family?
(a) He murders them.
(b) He takes them out of town.
(c) He takes them to dinner.
(d) He reunites happily with them.
2. Where does the sheriff take Jack when he releases him from jail?
(a) To the minister's parsonage.
(b) To the grain elevator.
(c) Out past the city limits.
(d) To his house.
3. What is Pat doing with Jessie and the boys one night when he receives a call from the sheriff?
(a) Getting ready for work.
(b) Eating dinner at a restaurant.
(c) Taking a nap.
(d) Watching a movie at home.
4. To whom do the townspeople direct their anger when Charlie Soames is no longer a viable target?
5. What is NOT Jack's demeanor when the head of the grain elevator's board visits him in jail?
6. What job does Jessie get?
(a) Dancing at a bar.
(b) Dental hygienist.
(c) Waitress at a cafe.
(d) Assistant at the library.
7. What does Jack refuse to talk to Pat about?
(a) The embezzlement.
(b) His boys.
(d) His health.
8. Which pet in the Burdette household is killed?
9. Who cared for Jessie's mother and siblings?
(a) Jessie's father.
(b) Jessie's mother.
(d) A nurse.
10. How long had Jack been gone from Holt?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 10 weeks.
(d) 5 years.
11. How often is Jessie seen in public with Jack?
(a) All the time.
12. Where does Charlie attempt suicide?
(a) His attic.
(b) His basement.
(c) His car.
(d) His shed.
13. What do most of the townspeople have in common?
(a) They are Methodists.
(b) They are artists.
(c) They are Republicans.
(d) They have a share in the grain elevator.
14. What does the grain elevator bookkeeper become in town after the news of the theft?
(a) A pathetic man.
(b) A hero.
(c) An outcast.
(d) A religious convert.
15. On what day of the week does Jessie work?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Pat and Nora's daughter in 1982?
2. What is the general feeling in town regarding the grain elevator theft?
3. What is notable about Jessie's third birth?
4. What does Jack do after he makes all the credit purchases?
5. What does Jack do to Pat at Jessie's apartment?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)