|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the deputy that the person in #8 speaks to?
(a) Dale Willard.
(b) Dan Eaton.
(c) Dave Thompson.
(d) Doug Miller.
2. How could the girl in #68 best be characterized?
3. What is the sheriff doing when he gets a call about Jack Burdette?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Mowing the lawn.
(c) Coaching Little League.
(d) Taking a nap.
4. What does the person in #8 do after confronting the man in the parked vehicle?
(a) Takes his wife to the beauty salon.
(b) Returns home.
(c) Goes to the police station.
(d) Goes to a bar.
5. Why does Wanda Jo put up with Jack's poor treatment of her?
(a) She has very low self esteem.
(b) She hopes that he will ask her to marry him.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She doesn't know anyone else she wants to date.
6. Who is the character who drives into town at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Pat Harrison.
(b) Jack Burdette.
(c) John Hall.
(d) Phil Thorpe.
7. Where was Jack's father headed when he died?
(a) Hardware store.
8. Jack's mother was a/an _________________ woman.
9. Who is the narrator of the story?
(a) Phil Simmons.
(b) Pat Arbuckle.
(c) Chick Weber.
(d) Fred Porter.
10. Who photographed the accident site where Jack's father was killed?
(a) Frank Morton.
(b) Tim Miller.
(c) Pat Arbuckle.
(d) Ed Voiles.
11. How does Wanda Jo feel when she hears the news about Jack?
(a) She is depressed.
(b) She is grateful.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She is happy.
12. What does Wanda Jo think is a good sign for her in terms of getting Joe to ask her to marry him?
(a) He has been talking to a realtor about buying a house.
(b) He is talking about settling down.
(c) He says he would like to have children one day.
(d) He gets a promotion at work.
13. Jack left on his trip on a Thursday and was supposed to return on _________________.
14. Where does Jack work after his stint in the Army?
(a) The general store.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) The gas station.
(d) The grain elevator.
15. What is the reason for Jack's trip to the city in #84?
(a) A managers conference.
(b) A vacation.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A family reunion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of business does the person in #8 own?
2. How long has the girl in #75 taken care of things for Jack?
3. In what month of the year did Jack's father die?
4. What did the girl in #28 get in return for doing Jack's homework?
5. What kind of behavior does Wanda Jo exhibit after she hears the news about Jack?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)