|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of vehicle does the person in #2 drive?
(b) El Camino.
2. With whom does Pat fall in love while at college?
(a) Amie Gallagher.
(b) Shelly Grimm.
(c) Melinda Holloway.
(d) Nora Kramer.
3. Who is the narrator of the story?
(a) Fred Porter.
(b) Phil Simmons.
(c) Pat Arbuckle.
(d) Chick Weber.
4. What does the sheriff do when he confronts Jack?
(a) Tells him to get out of town.
(b) Gives him a ticket for loitering.
(c) Shoots him in the leg.
(d) Places him under arrest.
5. Who is the deputy that the person in #8 speaks to?
(a) Dave Thompson.
(b) Dale Willard.
(c) Doug Miller.
(d) Dan Eaton.
6. Who saw Jack at the site where his father was killed?
(c) Wanda Jo.
7. Why does Wanda Jo put up with Jack's poor treatment of her?
(a) She has very low self esteem.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She hopes that he will ask her to marry him.
(d) She doesn't know anyone else she wants to date.
8. Why does Pat not see Jack often at college?
(a) Jack is an athlete and Pat is a scholar.
(b) Their schedules conflict.
(c) They live in different dorms.
(d) He is embarrassed to be seen with him.
9. What is a quality that Jack possesses?
(a) Musical ability.
(b) Public speaking skills.
(c) Mechanical skills.
10. Who was the girl who agreed to do all of Jack's homework?
(a) Naomi Lee Evans.
(b) Millie Sue Evans.
(c) Wanda Jo Evans.
(d) Doris Ann Evans.
11. Most of the people in Holt feel _________________ about Jack Burdette.
12. Who told the person in #46 about Jack's father's accident?
(a) A sheriff's deputy.
(b) A local man.
(c) An elderly woman.
(d) A group of boys.
13. What event has traumatized the girl in #68?
(a) Her mother's death.
(b) A car accident.
(c) Her father's death.
(d) A cancer diagnosis.
14. What does Wanda Jo think is a good sign for her in terms of getting Joe to ask her to marry him?
(a) He is talking about settling down.
(b) He has been talking to a realtor about buying a house.
(c) He gets a promotion at work.
(d) He says he would like to have children one day.
15. What does Wanda Jo do in Jack's room when the boys are there?
(a) Watches TV.
(b) Makes sandwiches.
(c) Serves beer.
(d) Jack's homework.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Jack's father headed when he died?
2. Jack Burdette's crime had to do with _____________________.
3. What rule for football players did Jack have difficulty following?
4. Who is the first person to notice the character in #2?
5. How long had Jack worked at his job before getting a promotion?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)