|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Jack as a student?
(c) Less than ideal.
2. What type of relationship does the girl in #75 want with Jack?
3. Where was Jack's father headed when he died?
(d) Hardware store.
4. How could Jack be described as a child?
(a) Big and tough.
(b) Tall and shy.
(c) Average and quiet.
(d) Fat and a bully.
5. Who photographed the accident site where Jack's father was killed?
(a) Pat Arbuckle.
(b) Frank Morton.
(c) Ed Voiles.
(d) Tim Miller.
6. Who told the person in #46 about Jack's father's accident?
(a) A group of boys.
(b) A local man.
(c) An elderly woman.
(d) A sheriff's deputy.
7. How long has the girl in #75 taken care of things for Jack?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 8 years.
8. What does Wanda Jo think is a good sign for her in terms of getting Joe to ask her to marry him?
(a) He is talking about settling down.
(b) He has been talking to a realtor about buying a house.
(c) He says he would like to have children one day.
(d) He gets a promotion at work.
9. How long had Jack worked at his job before getting a promotion?
(a) 18 months.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 4 years.
10. Why does Wanda Jo put up with Jack's poor treatment of her?
(a) She has very low self esteem.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She hopes that he will ask her to marry him.
(d) She doesn't know anyone else she wants to date.
11. Why does Jack move out of his mother's house?
(a) She is too strict.
(b) She married a man he doesn't like.
(c) He went to college.
(d) He wants to live with his girlfriend.
12. What rule for football players did Jack have difficulty following?
(a) A student must volunteer at the soup kitchen.
(b) A student cannot drink alcohol.
(c) A student has to have passing grades.
(d) A student cannot smoke.
13. What does the sheriff do when he confronts Jack?
(a) Gives him a ticket for loitering.
(b) Shoots him in the leg.
(c) Tells him to get out of town.
(d) Places him under arrest.
14. How did Jack's father die?
(a) His car was hit by a train.
(b) He had cancer.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He had a heart attack.
15. What color is the vehicle in #5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What college do Jack and Pat attend?
2. With whom does Pat fall in love while at college?
3. Why is Jack unhappy during his early days at college?
4. Most of the people in Holt feel _________________ about Jack Burdette.
5. What does Pat especially enjoy during his early days at college?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)