|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the young woman Jack meets while on his trip?
2. What does Jack do after he leaves college?
(a) Starts his own business.
(b) Takes a Caribbean cruise.
(c) Marries Wanda Jo.
(d) Joins the Army.
3. What major decision does Wanda Jo make regarding Jack?
(a) She agrees to marry him.
(b) She accepts his job offer.
(c) She moves out of town.
(d) She decides to divorce him.
4. In what year did Jack's father die?
5. What did Jack's father not see until it was too late?
(a) An intruder.
(b) A train coming down the tracks.
(c) A gang of boys in a car.
(d) A semi-trailer.
6. Who is the deputy that the person in #8 speaks to?
(a) Dave Thompson.
(b) Doug Miller.
(c) Dale Willard.
(d) Dan Eaton.
7. Which of the following does NOT describe Jack as a student?
(b) Less than ideal.
8. What rumor about Jack spreads quickly in town when Jack returns from his trip?
(a) He hit a policeman.
(b) He is a married man.
(c) He was admitted to a psychiatric hospital.
(d) He had a bad accident.
9. Why did Jack become a hero in Holt?
(a) He rescued an old woman from a burning building.
(b) He intervened in a robbery attempt.
(c) He did CPR on an accident victim.
(d) He was a good football player.
10. Who is the author of "Where You Once Belonged"?
(a) Kent Haruf.
(b) Kent Harrison.
(c) Kirk Houston.
(d) Kurt Hingham.
11. How did Jack's father die?
(a) He had a heart attack.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He had cancer.
(d) His car was hit by a train.
12. In what city is the college in #60 located?
(a) San Diego, California.
(b) Columbus, Ohio.
(c) Boulder, Colorado.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
13. What does the wife of the person in #8 want him to do?
(a) Take her to dinner.
(b) Go to church.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Have the car impounded.
14. Where does Jack live after he moves out of his mother's house?
(a) A boarding house.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A dorm.
15. Who was the son of the owner of the town's newspaper?
(a) Pat Arbuckle.
(b) Phil Arbuckle.
(c) Peter Arbuckle.
(d) Paul Arbuckle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Wanda Jo about Jack's return to town?
2. To what city does Wanda Jo eventually move?
3. Who photographed the accident site where Jack's father was killed?
4. Jack's father was a/an ____________________.
5. What color is the vehicle in #5?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)