|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a quality that Jack possesses?
(b) Mechanical skills.
(c) Musical ability.
(d) Public speaking skills.
2. Why did Jack become a hero in Holt?
(a) He was a good football player.
(b) He did CPR on an accident victim.
(c) He intervened in a robbery attempt.
(d) He rescued an old woman from a burning building.
3. Who was the owner of the town's newspaper?
(a) Mr. Armstrong.
(b) Mr. Archer.
(c) Mr. Arbogast.
(d) Mr. Arbuckle.
4. What event has traumatized the girl in #68?
(a) Her father's death.
(b) A car accident.
(c) A cancer diagnosis.
(d) Her mother's death.
5. What type of relationship does the girl in #75 want with Jack?
6. To what city does Jack go six months after his promotion?
(b) Des Moines.
7. What does the wife of the person in #8 want him to do?
(a) Take her to dinner.
(b) Have the car impounded.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Go to church.
8. How does Wanda Jo feel when she hears the news about Jack?
(a) She is depressed.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She is grateful.
9. Where does Jack live after he moves out of his mother's house?
(a) A boarding house.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A dorm.
(d) A hotel.
10. Who is the first person to notice the character in #2?
(a) Ray Bowen.
(b) Ralph Bird.
(c) Roger Carp.
(d) Richard Blaine.
11. What can be said about Jack's parents?
(a) He never knew his father.
(b) They spoiled him rotten.
(c) They were pillars of the community.
(d) They were older when Jack was born.
12. Where does the sheriff hit Jack?
(a) The stomach.
(b) The forehead.
(c) The back.
(d) The back of his head.
13. What is the profession of the father of the girl in #68?
(c) College professor.
(d) Newspaper publisher.
14. Which of the following best describes Jack?
15. What did the person in #46 find it difficult to do?
(a) Ask a girl on a date.
(b) Offer condolences to Jack.
(c) Leave for college.
(d) Try out for sports.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where was Jack's father returning when he was killed?
2. Who is the young woman Jack meets while on his trip?
3. Where did Pat and his new wife move after graduation?
4. To what city does Wanda Jo eventually move?
5. Instead of doing his homework like she did in high school, what does Wanda Jo do for Jack now?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)