|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person to notice the character in #2?
(a) Roger Carp.
(b) Ray Bowen.
(c) Ralph Bird.
(d) Richard Blaine.
2. How could the girl in #68 best be characterized?
3. What type of vehicle does the person in #2 drive?
(a) El Camino.
4. What is the sheriff doing when he gets a call about Jack Burdette?
(a) Taking a nap.
(b) Coaching Little League.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Mowing the lawn.
5. What major decision does Wanda Jo make regarding Jack?
(a) She decides to divorce him.
(b) She moves out of town.
(c) She accepts his job offer.
(d) She agrees to marry him.
6. What kind of behavior does Wanda Jo exhibit after she hears the news about Jack?
(a) She is promiscuous.
(b) She damages Jack's car.
(c) She becomes very religious.
(d) She won't go out of the house.
7. Jack's room became a meeting place for _____________________.
(a) a Bible study group.
(b) boys in town.
(c) a book club.
(d) a college study group.
8. Jack Burdette's crime had to do with _____________________.
(a) a murder.
(b) a kidnapping.
(c) a suicide.
(d) a lot of money.
9. To what city does Wanda Jo eventually move?
(c) Des Moines.
10. How did Jack behave in school?
(a) He was well behaved.
(b) He was shy.
(c) He was attentive.
(d) He was a distraction.
11. What was Jack scheduled to do upon his return home from his trip?
(a) Sign the loan papers for his house.
(b) Present at a board meeting.
(c) Have a dental procedure.
(d) Attend a parent-teacher conference.
12. What type of relationship does the girl in #75 want with Jack?
13. To what city does Jack go six months after his promotion?
(a) Des Moines.
14. What does Pat especially enjoy during his early days at college?
(a) His classes.
(b) All the new girls.
(c) Rushing a fraternity.
(d) His roommate.
15. How does Jack handle the unpleasant things in his life?
(a) He gets psychological counseling.
(b) He runs away from them.
(c) He meets them head on.
(d) He gets drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saw Jack at the site where his father was killed?
2. How could Jack be described as a child?
3. Jack's mother was a/an _________________ woman.
4. What does Jack do after he leaves college?
5. When do boys in town come to drink beer and play cards in Jack's room?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)