|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could the girl in #68 best be characterized?
2. What does the wife of the person in #8 want him to do?
(a) Take her to dinner.
(b) Have the car impounded.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Call the police.
3. What does Jack say is the advice his lawyer gave him?
(a) He thinks he should plead guilty.
(b) He should not sign any documents.
(c) He needs to keep a low profile.
(d) The statute of limitations for his crime has passed.
4. What was a usual result of Jack's behavior in school?
(a) He was held back from going to the next grade.
(b) He was promoted to the next grade whether or not he was ready.
(c) He had detention almost every day.
(d) He was made to sit in the corner nearly every day.
5. What is a quality that Jack possesses?
(a) Public speaking skills.
(c) Musical ability.
(d) Mechanical skills.
6. Where does Jack get a job after he moves out of his mother's house?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A grain elevator.
(c) A movie theater.
(d) A hardware store.
7. What did the girl in #28 get in return for doing Jack's homework?
(a) Jack's romantic attentions.
(b) Homecoming queen title.
(d) Football game tickets.
8. The person in #2 parks the vehicle in front of what establishment?
(a) A tavern.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A church.
(d) A movie theater.
9. To what job is Jack promoted?
(a) Head mechanic.
(b) Manager of the grain elevator.
(c) Buyer at the men's store.
(d) Manager of the real estate office.
10. Who is the character who drives into town at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Pat Harrison.
(b) John Hall.
(c) Jack Burdette.
(d) Phil Thorpe.
11. What sport did Jack discover in high school?
12. What does the person in #8 do after confronting the man in the parked vehicle?
(a) Takes his wife to the beauty salon.
(b) Goes to the police station.
(c) Returns home.
(d) Goes to a bar.
13. What rule for football players did Jack have difficulty following?
(a) A student has to have passing grades.
(b) A student cannot drink alcohol.
(c) A student cannot smoke.
(d) A student must volunteer at the soup kitchen.
14. How does Jack handle the unpleasant things in his life?
(a) He gets drunk.
(b) He runs away from them.
(c) He meets them head on.
(d) He gets psychological counseling.
15. With whom does Pat fall in love while at college?
(a) Melinda Holloway.
(b) Amie Gallagher.
(c) Nora Kramer.
(d) Shelly Grimm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Pat and his new wife move after graduation?
2. In what city is the college in #60 located?
3. How long has the girl in #75 taken care of things for Jack?
4. What type of vehicle does the person in #2 drive?
5. Which of the following best describes Jack?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)