|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack do with the young woman in #88?
(a) He gives her a job.
(b) He takes her to Hawaii.
(c) He buys her a car.
(d) He marries her.
2. What is the profession of the father of the girl in #68?
(a) Newspaper publisher.
(c) College professor.
3. What was Jack scheduled to do upon his return home from his trip?
(a) Have a dental procedure.
(b) Attend a parent-teacher conference.
(c) Sign the loan papers for his house.
(d) Present at a board meeting.
4. What is the name of Pat's little girl?
5. Who was the owner of the town's newspaper?
(a) Mr. Archer.
(b) Mr. Armstrong.
(c) Mr. Arbogast.
(d) Mr. Arbuckle.
6. How long has the girl in #75 taken care of things for Jack?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 8 years.
7. To what city does Wanda Jo eventually move?
(c) Des Moines.
8. The person in #2 parks the vehicle in front of what establishment?
(a) A movie theater.
(b) A church.
(c) A tavern.
(d) A cafe.
9. Why does Jack move out of his mother's house?
(a) She is too strict.
(b) He wants to live with his girlfriend.
(c) She married a man he doesn't like.
(d) He went to college.
10. What color is the vehicle in #5?
11. What is the reason for Jack's trip to the city in #84?
(a) A managers conference.
(b) A family reunion.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A vacation.
12. What does the person in #8 do after confronting the man in the parked vehicle?
(a) Goes to a bar.
(b) Takes his wife to the beauty salon.
(c) Returns home.
(d) Goes to the police station.
13. In what state does the novel take place?
(a) New Mexico.
14. What is the name of the town where the story takes place?
(b) Hot Springs.
15. Why is Jack unhappy during his early days at college?
(a) He has to get a part-time job.
(b) He is no longer the star of the football team.
(c) A girl he likes is not interested in him.
(d) He can't find a good tutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was notable about Jack Burdette's father?
2. Where does Pat get a job after college?
3. How does Jack handle the unpleasant things in his life?
4. Who photographed the accident site where Jack's father was killed?
5. What major decision does Wanda Jo make regarding Jack?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)