|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Jack as a student?
(a) Less than ideal.
2. What rumor about Jack spreads quickly in town when Jack returns from his trip?
(a) He had a bad accident.
(b) He hit a policeman.
(c) He is a married man.
(d) He was admitted to a psychiatric hospital.
3. What does Jack do after he leaves college?
(a) Marries Wanda Jo.
(b) Takes a Caribbean cruise.
(c) Joins the Army.
(d) Starts his own business.
4. In what month of the year did Jack's father die?
5. Who is the young woman Jack meets while on his trip?
6. What does Jack say is the advice his lawyer gave him?
(a) The statute of limitations for his crime has passed.
(b) He needs to keep a low profile.
(c) He thinks he should plead guilty.
(d) He should not sign any documents.
7. How does Jack handle the unpleasant things in his life?
(a) He gets psychological counseling.
(b) He meets them head on.
(c) He runs away from them.
(d) He gets drunk.
8. How did Jack behave in school?
(a) He was a distraction.
(b) He was shy.
(c) He was attentive.
(d) He was well behaved.
9. Who was the son of the owner of the town's newspaper?
(a) Paul Arbuckle.
(b) Phil Arbuckle.
(c) Pat Arbuckle.
(d) Peter Arbuckle.
10. How does Wanda Jo feel when she hears the news about Jack?
(a) She is grateful.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is depressed.
11. What was Jack scheduled to do upon his return home from his trip?
(a) Present at a board meeting.
(b) Attend a parent-teacher conference.
(c) Sign the loan papers for his house.
(d) Have a dental procedure.
12. What does Wanda Jo think is a good sign for her in terms of getting Joe to ask her to marry him?
(a) He has been talking to a realtor about buying a house.
(b) He is talking about settling down.
(c) He gets a promotion at work.
(d) He says he would like to have children one day.
13. What did the person in #46 find it difficult to do?
(a) Ask a girl on a date.
(b) Offer condolences to Jack.
(c) Try out for sports.
(d) Leave for college.
14. Who was the owner of the town's newspaper?
(a) Mr. Archer.
(b) Mr. Arbuckle.
(c) Mr. Arbogast.
(d) Mr. Armstrong.
15. Who told the person in #46 about Jack's father's accident?
(a) A group of boys.
(b) A sheriff's deputy.
(c) An elderly woman.
(d) A local man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jack become a hero in Holt?
2. Jack Burdette's crime had to do with _____________________.
3. How could Jack be described as a child?
4. Who saw Jack at the site where his father was killed?
5. With whom does Pat fall in love while at college?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)