|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jack's father was a/an ____________________.
2. What did the girl in #28 get in return for doing Jack's homework?
(b) Football game tickets.
(c) Jack's romantic attentions.
(d) Homecoming queen title.
3. Where does the sheriff hit Jack?
(a) The back.
(b) The stomach.
(c) The back of his head.
(d) The forehead.
4. What is the name of Pat's little girl?
5. What type of relationship does the girl in #75 want with Jack?
6. What did the person in #46 find it difficult to do?
(a) Offer condolences to Jack.
(b) Try out for sports.
(c) Leave for college.
(d) Ask a girl on a date.
7. Who was the son of the owner of the town's newspaper?
(a) Peter Arbuckle.
(b) Phil Arbuckle.
(c) Paul Arbuckle.
(d) Pat Arbuckle.
8. Where does Jack get a job after he moves out of his mother's house?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A hardware store.
(c) A grain elevator.
(d) A movie theater.
9. How long has the girl in #75 taken care of things for Jack?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 8 years.
10. How long had Jack worked at his job before getting a promotion?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 18 months.
11. In what state does the novel take place?
(c) New Mexico.
12. Who photographed the accident site where Jack's father was killed?
(a) Pat Arbuckle.
(b) Frank Morton.
(c) Tim Miller.
(d) Ed Voiles.
13. Why does Pat not see Jack often at college?
(a) They live in different dorms.
(b) Jack is an athlete and Pat is a scholar.
(c) He is embarrassed to be seen with him.
(d) Their schedules conflict.
14. Instead of doing his homework like she did in high school, what does Wanda Jo do for Jack now?
(a) She mends his clothes.
(b) She washes his car.
(c) She does his laundry.
(d) She cleans his apartment.
15. What did Jack's father not see until it was too late?
(a) A gang of boys in a car.
(b) A semi-trailer.
(c) A train coming down the tracks.
(d) An intruder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jack's room became a meeting place for _____________________.
2. Jack left on his trip on a Thursday and was supposed to return on _________________.
3. What is the profession of the father of the girl in #68?
4. When do boys in town come to drink beer and play cards in Jack's room?
5. Why were Jack's friends not happy with the arrangements of meeting in Jack's room?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)