|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rule for football players did Jack have difficulty following?
(a) A student cannot smoke.
(b) A student has to have passing grades.
(c) A student must volunteer at the soup kitchen.
(d) A student cannot drink alcohol.
2. Who saw Jack at the site where his father was killed?
(d) Wanda Jo.
3. Jack's father was a/an ____________________.
4. What is the profession of the father of the girl in #68?
(b) College professor.
(c) Newspaper publisher.
5. How long had Jack worked at his job before getting a promotion?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 8 years.
6. What can be said about Jack's parents?
(a) They spoiled him rotten.
(b) They were older when Jack was born.
(c) He never knew his father.
(d) They were pillars of the community.
7. Who was the son of the owner of the town's newspaper?
(a) Pat Arbuckle.
(b) Phil Arbuckle.
(c) Peter Arbuckle.
(d) Paul Arbuckle.
8. How could Jack be described as a child?
(a) Fat and a bully.
(b) Big and tough.
(c) Tall and shy.
(d) Average and quiet.
9. Why is Jack unhappy during his early days at college?
(a) He can't find a good tutor.
(b) He has to get a part-time job.
(c) A girl he likes is not interested in him.
(d) He is no longer the star of the football team.
10. Why does Jack move out of his mother's house?
(a) He wants to live with his girlfriend.
(b) She married a man he doesn't like.
(c) She is too strict.
(d) He went to college.
11. What rumor about Jack spreads quickly in town when Jack returns from his trip?
(a) He is a married man.
(b) He was admitted to a psychiatric hospital.
(c) He had a bad accident.
(d) He hit a policeman.
12. What was Jack scheduled to do upon his return home from his trip?
(a) Attend a parent-teacher conference.
(b) Have a dental procedure.
(c) Present at a board meeting.
(d) Sign the loan papers for his house.
13. In what state does the novel take place?
(b) New Mexico.
14. What type of business does the person in #8 own?
(a) Floral shop.
(b) Grocery store.
(c) Insurance agency.
(d) Men's clothing shop.
15. In what month of the year did Jack's father die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was notable about Jack Burdette's father?
2. How does Wanda Jo feel when she hears the news about Jack?
3. To what city does Jack go six months after his promotion?
4. What is the reason for Jack's trip to the city in #84?
5. How long has the girl in #75 taken care of things for Jack?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)