|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wanda Jo think is a good sign for her in terms of getting Joe to ask her to marry him?
(a) He has been talking to a realtor about buying a house.
(b) He says he would like to have children one day.
(c) He gets a promotion at work.
(d) He is talking about settling down.
2. What is a quality that Jack possesses?
(a) Public speaking skills.
(b) Mechanical skills.
(d) Musical ability.
3. What type of business does the person in #8 own?
(a) Floral shop.
(b) Men's clothing shop.
(c) Insurance agency.
(d) Grocery store.
4. What did one of Jack's teachers do out of frustration of having him in her class?
(a) She worked in the office.
(b) She resigned.
(c) She switched classes.
(d) She called in sick a lot.
5. What did the person in #46 find it difficult to do?
(a) Ask a girl on a date.
(b) Leave for college.
(c) Try out for sports.
(d) Offer condolences to Jack.
6. What rule for football players did Jack have difficulty following?
(a) A student must volunteer at the soup kitchen.
(b) A student cannot drink alcohol.
(c) A student has to have passing grades.
(d) A student cannot smoke.
7. When do boys in town come to drink beer and play cards in Jack's room?
(a) Thursday nights.
(b) Sunday nights.
(c) Saturday nights.
(d) Friday nights.
8. What does the wife of the person in #8 want him to do?
(a) Have the car impounded.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Take her to dinner.
(d) Go to church.
9. Why is Jack unhappy during his early days at college?
(a) He has to get a part-time job.
(b) He can't find a good tutor.
(c) He is no longer the star of the football team.
(d) A girl he likes is not interested in him.
10. What college do Jack and Pat attend?
(a) The Ohio State University.
(b) Stanford University.
(c) Duke University.
(d) University of Colorado.
11. Jack is accused of stealing _________________ from another student.
(a) a textbook.
(b) a pair of jeans.
(c) a radio.
(d) a computer.
12. What sport did Jack discover in high school?
13. Who saw Jack at the site where his father was killed?
(a) Wanda Jo.
14. In what year does the story take place?
15. Who is the first person to notice the character in #2?
(a) Ray Bowen.
(b) Roger Carp.
(c) Richard Blaine.
(d) Ralph Bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person in #8 do after confronting the man in the parked vehicle?
2. What does Jack's mother do to him after his father's death?
3. Where was Jack's father headed when he died?
4. What rumor about Jack spreads quickly in town when Jack returns from his trip?
5. Instead of doing his homework like she did in high school, what does Wanda Jo do for Jack now?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)