|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sheriff do when he confronts Jack?
(a) Shoots him in the leg.
(b) Gives him a ticket for loitering.
(c) Places him under arrest.
(d) Tells him to get out of town.
2. How did Jack behave in school?
(a) He was well behaved.
(b) He was attentive.
(c) He was shy.
(d) He was a distraction.
3. What does Jack do with the young woman in #88?
(a) He marries her.
(b) He gives her a job.
(c) He buys her a car.
(d) He takes her to Hawaii.
4. How did Jack's father die?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He had cancer.
(c) His car was hit by a train.
(d) He had a heart attack.
5. Jack's father was a/an ____________________.
6. What kind of behavior does Wanda Jo exhibit after she hears the news about Jack?
(a) She is promiscuous.
(b) She won't go out of the house.
(c) She damages Jack's car.
(d) She becomes very religious.
7. What college do Jack and Pat attend?
(a) The Ohio State University.
(b) Stanford University.
(c) University of Colorado.
(d) Duke University.
8. Jack's room became a meeting place for _____________________.
(a) boys in town.
(b) a book club.
(c) a college study group.
(d) a Bible study group.
9. Who is the young woman Jack meets while on his trip?
10. What type of relationship does the girl in #75 want with Jack?
11. To what city does Jack go six months after his promotion?
(c) Des Moines.
12. What did the girl in #28 get in return for doing Jack's homework?
(a) Homecoming queen title.
(c) Jack's romantic attentions.
(d) Football game tickets.
13. Where does Jack work after his stint in the Army?
(a) The grain elevator.
(b) The general store.
(c) The gas station.
(d) The newspaper.
14. Instead of doing his homework like she did in high school, what does Wanda Jo do for Jack now?
(a) She does his laundry.
(b) She mends his clothes.
(c) She cleans his apartment.
(d) She washes his car.
15. What is the profession of the father of the girl in #68?
(b) Newspaper publisher.
(d) College professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told the person in #46 about Jack's father's accident?
2. What does the person in #8 do after confronting the man in the parked vehicle?
3. What rule for football players did Jack have difficulty following?
4. Who was the owner of the town's newspaper?
5. What color is the vehicle in #5?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)