|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had Jack worked at his job before getting a promotion?
(a) 18 months.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 4 years.
2. What type of relationship does the girl in #75 want with Jack?
3. In what city is the college in #60 located?
(a) Columbus, Ohio.
(b) Boulder, Colorado.
(c) San Diego, California.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
4. Jack left on his trip on a Thursday and was supposed to return on _________________.
5. What can be said about Jack's parents?
(a) They spoiled him rotten.
(b) He never knew his father.
(c) They were pillars of the community.
(d) They were older when Jack was born.
6. What college do Jack and Pat attend?
(a) Duke University.
(b) The Ohio State University.
(c) Stanford University.
(d) University of Colorado.
7. What did the girl in #28 get in return for doing Jack's homework?
(a) Jack's romantic attentions.
(b) Homecoming queen title.
(c) Football game tickets.
8. What is the sheriff doing when he gets a call about Jack Burdette?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Mowing the lawn.
(c) Taking a nap.
(d) Coaching Little League.
9. What event has traumatized the girl in #68?
(a) Her mother's death.
(b) A car accident.
(c) Her father's death.
(d) A cancer diagnosis.
10. What was notable about Jack Burdette's father?
(a) He was a minister.
(b) He was an alcoholic.
(c) He was deaf.
(d) He had six fingers on one hand.
11. What does Wanda Jo do in Jack's room when the boys are there?
(a) Watches TV.
(b) Serves beer.
(c) Makes sandwiches.
(d) Jack's homework.
12. Who told the person in #46 about Jack's father's accident?
(a) A sheriff's deputy.
(b) A group of boys.
(c) An elderly woman.
(d) A local man.
13. What was Jack scheduled to do upon his return home from his trip?
(a) Sign the loan papers for his house.
(b) Present at a board meeting.
(c) Have a dental procedure.
(d) Attend a parent-teacher conference.
14. Who does Jack date when he returns from the Army?
(a) Wanda Jo.
(d) Sallie Ann.
15. Why is Jack unhappy during his early days at college?
(a) He can't find a good tutor.
(b) A girl he likes is not interested in him.
(c) He has to get a part-time job.
(d) He is no longer the star of the football team.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who photographed the accident site where Jack's father was killed?
2. To what city does Wanda Jo eventually move?
3. What rule for football players did Jack have difficulty following?
4. What was a usual result of Jack's behavior in school?
5. To what city does Jack go six months after his promotion?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)