|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The person in #2 parks the vehicle in front of what establishment?
(a) A church.
(b) A movie theater.
(c) A tavern.
(d) A cafe.
2. What event has traumatized the girl in #68?
(a) A car accident.
(b) A cancer diagnosis.
(c) Her father's death.
(d) Her mother's death.
3. What color is the vehicle in #5?
4. Why did Jack become a hero in Holt?
(a) He was a good football player.
(b) He rescued an old woman from a burning building.
(c) He intervened in a robbery attempt.
(d) He did CPR on an accident victim.
5. Who is the author of "Where You Once Belonged"?
(a) Kent Harrison.
(b) Kent Haruf.
(c) Kirk Houston.
(d) Kurt Hingham.
6. What do Jack and his friends steal from Burcham Scott's house?
(a) A stereo.
(b) A car.
(c) A refrigerator.
(d) A gas grill.
7. Most of the people in Holt feel _________________ about Jack Burdette.
8. Who is the first person to notice the character in #2?
(a) Ralph Bird.
(b) Richard Blaine.
(c) Ray Bowen.
(d) Roger Carp.
9. How did Jack behave in school?
(a) He was well behaved.
(b) He was attentive.
(c) He was a distraction.
(d) He was shy.
10. What can be said about Jack's parents?
(a) They were pillars of the community.
(b) They were older when Jack was born.
(c) They spoiled him rotten.
(d) He never knew his father.
11. Why were Jack's friends not happy with the arrangements of meeting in Jack's room?
(a) There was a midnight curfew for the house.
(b) The air conditioning was broken.
(c) There was no way to chill the beer.
(d) They weren't allowed to smoke in the house.
12. How does Wanda Jo feel when she hears the news about Jack?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is depressed.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She is grateful.
13. Who is the young woman Jack meets while on his trip?
14. What does the wife of the person in #8 want him to do?
(a) Have the car impounded.
(b) Take her to dinner.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Call the police.
15. In what city is the college in #60 located?
(a) Boulder, Colorado.
(b) Columbus, Ohio.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) San Diego, California.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jack's room became a meeting place for _____________________.
2. What did Jack's father not see until it was too late?
3. How long had Jack worked at his job before getting a promotion?
4. What rule for football players did Jack have difficulty following?
5. Where did Pat and his new wife move after graduation?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)