|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had Jack worked at his job before getting a promotion?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 4 years.
2. To what city does Jack go six months after his promotion?
(a) Des Moines.
3. In what city is the college in #60 located?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) San Diego, California.
(c) Columbus, Ohio.
(d) Boulder, Colorado.
4. Why does Pat not see Jack often at college?
(a) Their schedules conflict.
(b) They live in different dorms.
(c) Jack is an athlete and Pat is a scholar.
(d) He is embarrassed to be seen with him.
5. What surprises Wanda Jo about Jack's return to town?
(a) He bought her an engagement ring.
(b) He bought a new suit.
(c) He has a new car.
(d) He is married.
6. What does Wanda Jo do in Jack's room when the boys are there?
(a) Jack's homework.
(b) Serves beer.
(c) Watches TV.
(d) Makes sandwiches.
7. Who is the narrator of the story?
(a) Phil Simmons.
(b) Chick Weber.
(c) Fred Porter.
(d) Pat Arbuckle.
8. In school, no teacher would agree to have Jack in her class for more than ____________________.
(a) a day.
(b) a year.
(c) a week.
(d) a month.
9. What is the name of Pat's little girl?
10. Jack left on his trip on a Thursday and was supposed to return on _________________.
11. What type of relationship does the girl in #75 want with Jack?
12. From where was Jack's father returning when he was killed?
(a) The hospital.
(b) A church.
(c) The bars.
(d) The high school.
13. What type of vehicle does the person in #2 drive?
(d) El Camino.
14. Where was Jack's father headed when he died?
(c) Hardware store.
15. What does Wanda Jo think is a good sign for her in terms of getting Joe to ask her to marry him?
(a) He has been talking to a realtor about buying a house.
(b) He says he would like to have children one day.
(c) He gets a promotion at work.
(d) He is talking about settling down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be said about Jack's parents?
2. What is a quality that Jack possesses?
3. What major decision does Wanda Jo make regarding Jack?
4. What event has traumatized the girl in #68?
5. What does Jack do after he leaves college?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)