|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person to notice the character in #2?
(a) Roger Carp.
(b) Richard Blaine.
(c) Ray Bowen.
(d) Ralph Bird.
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Jack as a student?
(c) Less than ideal.
3. Who pays for Jack's accommodations while he is on his trip?
(a) The Chamber of Commerce.
(b) His personal account.
(c) His mother.
(d) The grain elevator.
4. In what year does the story take place?
5. Jack left on his trip on a Thursday and was supposed to return on _________________.
6. What did one of Jack's teachers do out of frustration of having him in her class?
(a) She resigned.
(b) She worked in the office.
(c) She switched classes.
(d) She called in sick a lot.
7. How did Jack's father die?
(a) He had a heart attack.
(b) His car was hit by a train.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He had cancer.
8. What does Jack do after he leaves college?
(a) Takes a Caribbean cruise.
(b) Joins the Army.
(c) Starts his own business.
(d) Marries Wanda Jo.
9. Who told the person in #46 about Jack's father's accident?
(a) A group of boys.
(b) A local man.
(c) An elderly woman.
(d) A sheriff's deputy.
10. Why did Jack become a hero in Holt?
(a) He rescued an old woman from a burning building.
(b) He did CPR on an accident victim.
(c) He was a good football player.
(d) He intervened in a robbery attempt.
11. In school, no teacher would agree to have Jack in her class for more than ____________________.
(a) a day.
(b) a year.
(c) a week.
(d) a month.
12. What does Pat especially enjoy during his early days at college?
(a) His classes.
(b) Rushing a fraternity.
(c) His roommate.
(d) All the new girls.
13. What major decision does Wanda Jo make regarding Jack?
(a) She agrees to marry him.
(b) She decides to divorce him.
(c) She accepts his job offer.
(d) She moves out of town.
14. What is the name of Pat's little girl?
15. Jack's room became a meeting place for _____________________.
(a) boys in town.
(b) a Bible study group.
(c) a college study group.
(d) a book club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jack Burdette's crime had to do with _____________________.
2. Who is the character who drives into town at the beginning of the novel?
3. What surprises Wanda Jo about Jack's return to town?
4. What type of business does the person in #8 own?
5. Where does Pat get a job after college?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)