|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Jack's father headed when he died?
(a) Hardware store.
2. Who does Jack date when he returns from the Army?
(c) Sallie Ann.
(d) Wanda Jo.
3. What is the profession of the father of the girl in #68?
(b) College professor.
(d) Newspaper publisher.
4. In what state does the novel take place?
(b) New Mexico.
5. What kind of behavior does Wanda Jo exhibit after she hears the news about Jack?
(a) She becomes very religious.
(b) She damages Jack's car.
(c) She is promiscuous.
(d) She won't go out of the house.
6. In what month of the year did Jack's father die?
7. What color is the vehicle in #5?
8. Why does Jack move out of his mother's house?
(a) She is too strict.
(b) He went to college.
(c) She married a man he doesn't like.
(d) He wants to live with his girlfriend.
9. What surprises Wanda Jo about Jack's return to town?
(a) He bought her an engagement ring.
(b) He bought a new suit.
(c) He has a new car.
(d) He is married.
10. Who was the owner of the town's newspaper?
(a) Mr. Arbogast.
(b) Mr. Armstrong.
(c) Mr. Archer.
(d) Mr. Arbuckle.
11. Where did Pat and his new wife move after graduation?
12. What did the person in #46 find it difficult to do?
(a) Offer condolences to Jack.
(b) Ask a girl on a date.
(c) Leave for college.
(d) Try out for sports.
13. Where does Jack get a job after he moves out of his mother's house?
(a) A movie theater.
(b) A grain elevator.
(c) A hardware store.
(d) A restaurant.
14. What major decision does Wanda Jo make regarding Jack?
(a) She moves out of town.
(b) She accepts his job offer.
(c) She agrees to marry him.
(d) She decides to divorce him.
15. Who pays for Jack's accommodations while he is on his trip?
(a) His personal account.
(b) The Chamber of Commerce.
(c) The grain elevator.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jack and his friends steal from Burcham Scott's house?
2. What punishment does Jack receive for stealing the item in #65?
3. What is the reason for Jack's trip to the city in #84?
4. What rumor about Jack spreads quickly in town when Jack returns from his trip?
5. Jack's room became a meeting place for _____________________.
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)