Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pays for Jack's accommodations while he is on his trip?
(a) The grain elevator.
(b) The Chamber of Commerce.
(c) His personal account.
(d) His mother.
2. What sport did Jack discover in high school?
3. When do boys in town come to drink beer and play cards in Jack's room?
(a) Thursday nights.
(b) Saturday nights.
(c) Sunday nights.
(d) Friday nights.
4. To what city does Jack go six months after his promotion?
(c) Des Moines.
5. Who was the owner of the town's newspaper?
(a) Mr. Armstrong.
(b) Mr. Arbogast.
(c) Mr. Archer.
(d) Mr. Arbuckle.
6. What does Jack say is the advice his lawyer gave him?
(a) He needs to keep a low profile.
(b) He should not sign any documents.
(c) The statute of limitations for his crime has passed.
(d) He thinks he should plead guilty.
7. To what city does Wanda Jo eventually move?
(b) Des Moines.
8. Jack's father was a/an ____________________.
9. In what year did Jack's father die?
10. Jack's mother was a/an _________________ woman.
11. How does Jack handle the unpleasant things in his life?
(a) He gets psychological counseling.
(b) He runs away from them.
(c) He gets drunk.
(d) He meets them head on.
12. Who is the young woman Jack meets while on his trip?
13. Why did Jack become a hero in Holt?
(a) He was a good football player.
(b) He intervened in a robbery attempt.
(c) He rescued an old woman from a burning building.
(d) He did CPR on an accident victim.
14. What is the profession of the father of the girl in #68?
(b) Newspaper publisher.
(c) College professor.
15. In school, no teacher would agree to have Jack in her class for more than ____________________.
(a) a year.
(b) a day.
(c) a month.
(d) a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jack live after he moves out of his mother's house?
2. What rule for football players did Jack have difficulty following?
3. With whom does Pat fall in love while at college?
4. Why does Wanda Jo put up with Jack's poor treatment of her?
5. The person in #2 parks the vehicle in front of what establishment?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)