|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could the girl in #68 best be characterized?
2. Jack left on his trip on a Thursday and was supposed to return on _________________.
3. What is the name of Pat's little girl?
4. How did Jack's father die?
(a) He had cancer.
(b) His car was hit by a train.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He had a heart attack.
5. Instead of doing his homework like she did in high school, what does Wanda Jo do for Jack now?
(a) She does his laundry.
(b) She mends his clothes.
(c) She washes his car.
(d) She cleans his apartment.
6. What was a usual result of Jack's behavior in school?
(a) He was made to sit in the corner nearly every day.
(b) He was promoted to the next grade whether or not he was ready.
(c) He had detention almost every day.
(d) He was held back from going to the next grade.
7. Who saw Jack at the site where his father was killed?
(c) Wanda Jo.
8. In what year does the story take place?
9. Who pays for Jack's accommodations while he is on his trip?
(a) The Chamber of Commerce.
(b) His personal account.
(c) The grain elevator.
(d) His mother.
10. What did the person in #46 find it difficult to do?
(a) Offer condolences to Jack.
(b) Leave for college.
(c) Ask a girl on a date.
(d) Try out for sports.
11. How does Wanda Jo feel when she hears the news about Jack?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is grateful.
(c) She is depressed.
(d) She is bored.
12. Who is the young woman Jack meets while on his trip?
13. Who is the author of "Where You Once Belonged"?
(a) Kirk Houston.
(b) Kent Haruf.
(c) Kurt Hingham.
(d) Kent Harrison.
14. What did one of Jack's teachers do out of frustration of having him in her class?
(a) She switched classes.
(b) She called in sick a lot.
(c) She resigned.
(d) She worked in the office.
15. What is the reason for Jack's trip to the city in #84?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A family reunion.
(c) A managers conference.
(d) A vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jack get a job after he moves out of his mother's house?
2. Why does Jack move out of his mother's house?
3. What kind of behavior does Wanda Jo exhibit after she hears the news about Jack?
4. Jack Burdette's crime had to do with _____________________.
5. To what job is Jack promoted?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)