|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Jack's father die?
2. What punishment does Jack receive for stealing the item in #65?
(a) He has to go home for a semester.
(b) He is expelled.
(c) He has to pay for the stolen item.
(d) He is kicked off the football team.
3. Where did Pat and his new wife move after graduation?
4. What does Wanda Jo think is a good sign for her in terms of getting Joe to ask her to marry him?
(a) He is talking about settling down.
(b) He has been talking to a realtor about buying a house.
(c) He gets a promotion at work.
(d) He says he would like to have children one day.
5. What rule for football players did Jack have difficulty following?
(a) A student has to have passing grades.
(b) A student cannot drink alcohol.
(c) A student must volunteer at the soup kitchen.
(d) A student cannot smoke.
6. Why did Jack become a hero in Holt?
(a) He intervened in a robbery attempt.
(b) He did CPR on an accident victim.
(c) He was a good football player.
(d) He rescued an old woman from a burning building.
7. Jack Burdette's crime had to do with _____________________.
(a) a lot of money.
(b) a kidnapping.
(c) a murder.
(d) a suicide.
8. From where was Jack's father returning when he was killed?
(a) A church.
(b) The bars.
(c) The high school.
(d) The hospital.
9. Who pays for Jack's accommodations while he is on his trip?
(a) His personal account.
(b) The grain elevator.
(c) His mother.
(d) The Chamber of Commerce.
10. What kind of behavior does Wanda Jo exhibit after she hears the news about Jack?
(a) She is promiscuous.
(b) She damages Jack's car.
(c) She won't go out of the house.
(d) She becomes very religious.
11. What is the sheriff doing when he gets a call about Jack Burdette?
(a) Coaching Little League.
(b) Mowing the lawn.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Taking a nap.
12. What rumor about Jack spreads quickly in town when Jack returns from his trip?
(a) He had a bad accident.
(b) He was admitted to a psychiatric hospital.
(c) He is a married man.
(d) He hit a policeman.
13. Jack's mother was a/an _________________ woman.
14. What event has traumatized the girl in #68?
(a) A car accident.
(b) Her mother's death.
(c) Her father's death.
(d) A cancer diagnosis.
15. Who is the deputy that the person in #8 speaks to?
(a) Dave Thompson.
(b) Doug Miller.
(c) Dale Willard.
(d) Dan Eaton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jack date when he returns from the Army?
2. Why were Jack's friends not happy with the arrangements of meeting in Jack's room?
3. Most of the people in Holt feel _________________ about Jack Burdette.
4. Where does Jack get a job after he moves out of his mother's house?
5. What major decision does Wanda Jo make regarding Jack?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)