|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what job is Jack promoted?
(a) Manager of the real estate office.
(b) Manager of the grain elevator.
(c) Buyer at the men's store.
(d) Head mechanic.
2. Why does Jack move out of his mother's house?
(a) She married a man he doesn't like.
(b) He went to college.
(c) She is too strict.
(d) He wants to live with his girlfriend.
3. How does Wanda Jo feel when she hears the news about Jack?
(a) She is grateful.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is depressed.
(d) She is bored.
4. What college do Jack and Pat attend?
(a) Duke University.
(b) The Ohio State University.
(c) Stanford University.
(d) University of Colorado.
5. What does Wanda Jo do in Jack's room when the boys are there?
(a) Makes sandwiches.
(b) Watches TV.
(c) Serves beer.
(d) Jack's homework.
6. What did the person in #46 find it difficult to do?
(a) Try out for sports.
(b) Ask a girl on a date.
(c) Leave for college.
(d) Offer condolences to Jack.
7. Why is Jack unhappy during his early days at college?
(a) He has to get a part-time job.
(b) A girl he likes is not interested in him.
(c) He is no longer the star of the football team.
(d) He can't find a good tutor.
8. What does Jack do after he leaves college?
(a) Takes a Caribbean cruise.
(b) Starts his own business.
(c) Marries Wanda Jo.
(d) Joins the Army.
9. How long has the girl in #75 taken care of things for Jack?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 8 years.
10. How does Jack handle the unpleasant things in his life?
(a) He runs away from them.
(b) He gets drunk.
(c) He gets psychological counseling.
(d) He meets them head on.
11. To what city does Wanda Jo eventually move?
(c) Des Moines.
12. What was Jack scheduled to do upon his return home from his trip?
(a) Present at a board meeting.
(b) Sign the loan papers for his house.
(c) Have a dental procedure.
(d) Attend a parent-teacher conference.
13. What did the girl in #28 get in return for doing Jack's homework?
(a) Football game tickets.
(b) Homecoming queen title.
(d) Jack's romantic attentions.
14. Who is the first person to notice the character in #2?
(a) Richard Blaine.
(b) Ray Bowen.
(c) Ralph Bird.
(d) Roger Carp.
15. How long had Jack worked at his job before getting a promotion?
(a) 18 months.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 8 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor about Jack spreads quickly in town when Jack returns from his trip?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Jack as a student?
3. How could Jack be described as a child?
4. How did Jack's father die?
5. What do Jack and his friends steal from Burcham Scott's house?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)