|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT Jack's demeanor when the head of the grain elevator's board visits him in jail?
2. Where does Pat have his meals after Nora leaves him?
(a) The Holt Diner.
(b) The Last Chance Bar.
3. Where does almost everyone in town go to see Jack's new wife?
(a) The church hall.
(b) The diner.
(c) The grain elevator.
(d) Jack's apartment.
4. In what city is the college in #60 located?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) San Diego, California.
(c) Boulder, Colorado.
(d) Columbus, Ohio.
5. In what year did Jack's father die?
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Jack best be characterized at the end of the story?
2. Who breaks into Jessie's apartment in the middle of the night?
3. What rule for football players did Jack have difficulty following?
4. What expensive item does Jack buy on credit at a jewelry store in December of 1976?
5. How did the townspeople view Jack's disappearance from town initially?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)