|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of Jessie's visit to the Hold Mercury office in January of 1977?
(a) To place an ad for her garage sale.
(b) To place an ad for the grain elevator.
(c) To have a notice printed about Jack.
(d) To purchase a subscription.
2. How long had Jack worked at his job before getting a promotion?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 18 months.
3. Who is Doyle Francis?
(a) A traveling salesman.
(b) The former manager of the grain elevator.
(c) The mayor of Holt.
(d) A high school principal.
4. On what day of the week does Jessie work?
5. Why were Jack's friends not happy with the arrangements of meeting in Jack's room?
(a) They weren't allowed to smoke in the house.
(b) There was no way to chill the beer.
(c) There was a midnight curfew for the house.
(d) The air conditioning was broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city does Wanda Jo eventually move?
2. Where does Pat have his meals after Nora leaves him?
3. What does Wanda Jo think is a good sign for her in terms of getting Joe to ask her to marry him?
4. Where does Pat get a job after college?
5. What punishment does Jack receive for stealing the item in #65?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)