|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack move out of his mother's house?
(a) He wants to live with his girlfriend.
(b) She is too strict.
(c) She married a man he doesn't like.
(d) He went to college.
2. What does the wife of the person in #8 want him to do?
(a) Have the car impounded.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Take her to dinner.
(d) Go to church.
3. What can be said about Jack's parents?
(a) They were pillars of the community.
(b) He never knew his father.
(c) They were older when Jack was born.
(d) They spoiled him rotten.
4. Jack left on his trip on a Thursday and was supposed to return on _________________.
5. What rumor about Jack spreads quickly in town when Jack returns from his trip?
(a) He is a married man.
(b) He hit a policeman.
(c) He was admitted to a psychiatric hospital.
(d) He had a bad accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the owner of the town's newspaper?
2. Where does Jack get a job after he moves out of his mother's house?
3. What did one of Jack's teachers do out of frustration of having him in her class?
4. To what city does Jack go six months after his promotion?
5. Who pays for Jack's accommodations while he is on his trip?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)