|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the wife of the person in #8 want him to do?
(a) Have the car impounded.
(b) Take her to dinner.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Go to church.
2. What did the person in #46 find it difficult to do?
(a) Ask a girl on a date.
(b) Leave for college.
(c) Try out for sports.
(d) Offer condolences to Jack.
3. What did the girl in #28 get in return for doing Jack's homework?
(a) Homecoming queen title.
(b) Jack's romantic attentions.
(c) Football game tickets.
4. What can be said about Jack's parents?
(a) They were pillars of the community.
(b) They spoiled him rotten.
(c) They were older when Jack was born.
(d) He never knew his father.
5. In school, no teacher would agree to have Jack in her class for more than ____________________.
(a) a month.
(b) a day.
(c) a year.
(d) a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most of the people in Holt feel _________________ about Jack Burdette.
2. Jack Burdette's crime had to do with _____________________.
3. From where was Jack's father returning when he was killed?
4. What did one of Jack's teachers do out of frustration of having him in her class?
5. What does Jack say is the advice his lawyer gave him?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)