|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the son of the owner of the town's newspaper?
(a) Phil Arbuckle.
(b) Peter Arbuckle.
(c) Paul Arbuckle.
(d) Pat Arbuckle.
2. What was a usual result of Jack's behavior in school?
(a) He had detention almost every day.
(b) He was made to sit in the corner nearly every day.
(c) He was promoted to the next grade whether or not he was ready.
(d) He was held back from going to the next grade.
3. What is a quality that Jack possesses?
(a) Musical ability.
(c) Mechanical skills.
(d) Public speaking skills.
4. What did one of Jack's teachers do out of frustration of having him in her class?
(a) She switched classes.
(b) She called in sick a lot.
(c) She worked in the office.
(d) She resigned.
5. Who is the character who drives into town at the beginning of the novel?
(a) John Hall.
(b) Pat Harrison.
(c) Jack Burdette.
(d) Phil Thorpe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jack's mother was a/an _________________ woman.
2. How did Jack behave in school?
3. Why did Jack become a hero in Holt?
4. In what month of the year did Jack's father die?
5. What was notable about Jack Burdette's father?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)