|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was notable about Jack Burdette's father?
(a) He had six fingers on one hand.
(b) He was deaf.
(c) He was an alcoholic.
(d) He was a minister.
2. In what year does the story take place?
3. In what state does the novel take place?
(d) New Mexico.
4. Why did Jack become a hero in Holt?
(a) He rescued an old woman from a burning building.
(b) He was a good football player.
(c) He intervened in a robbery attempt.
(d) He did CPR on an accident victim.
5. What does the sheriff do when he confronts Jack?
(a) Shoots him in the leg.
(b) Gives him a ticket for loitering.
(c) Places him under arrest.
(d) Tells him to get out of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jack behave in school?
2. What is a quality that Jack possesses?
3. Who is the character who drives into town at the beginning of the novel?
4. What does Jack say is the advice his lawyer gave him?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Jack as a student?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)