|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month of the year did Jack's father die?
2. How do the townspeople feel when Charlie does not stand trial?
(a) They don't pay much attention to the situation.
(b) They are complacent about it.
(c) They understand his situation.
(d) They feel cheated out of justice.
3. How does Jessie react to the people in town who try to befriend her?
(a) She chooses a few friends.
(b) She rebuffs them.
(c) She is tentative toward them.
(d) She embraces all of them.
4. What does Jack do after he leaves college?
(a) Joins the Army.
(b) Marries Wanda Jo.
(c) Starts his own business.
(d) Takes a Caribbean cruise.
5. Who is the character who drives into town at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Phil Thorpe.
(b) Pat Harrison.
(c) John Hall.
(d) Jack Burdette.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jack become a hero in Holt?
2. Where do Pat and Jessie decide to take the boys to avoid seeing Jack?
3. To whom do the townspeople direct their anger when Charlie Soames is no longer a viable target?
4. Who was the owner of the town's newspaper?
5. What is the name of the town's newspaper?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)