|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the sheriff hit Jack?
(a) The back of his head.
(b) The back.
(c) The forehead.
(d) The stomach.
2. What rumor about Jack spreads quickly in town when Jack returns from his trip?
(a) He had a bad accident.
(b) He was admitted to a psychiatric hospital.
(c) He is a married man.
(d) He hit a policeman.
3. Why is Jack unhappy during his early days at college?
(a) He can't find a good tutor.
(b) He has to get a part-time job.
(c) A girl he likes is not interested in him.
(d) He is no longer the star of the football team.
4. What does Wanda Jo think is a good sign for her in terms of getting Joe to ask her to marry him?
(a) He has been talking to a realtor about buying a house.
(b) He gets a promotion at work.
(c) He is talking about settling down.
(d) He says he would like to have children one day.
5. How does Jack handle the unpleasant things in his life?
(a) He runs away from them.
(b) He meets them head on.
(c) He gets drunk.
(d) He gets psychological counseling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Jack as a student?
2. Toward whom will the townspeople direct their anger?
3. Most of the people in Holt feel _________________ about Jack Burdette.
4. Which of the following best describes Jack?
5. Where does Charlie attempt suicide?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)