|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack handle the unpleasant things in his life?
(a) He meets them head on.
(b) He gets drunk.
(c) He runs away from them.
(d) He gets psychological counseling.
2. What is the name of Pat's little girl?
3. To what job is Jack promoted?
(a) Buyer at the men's store.
(b) Manager of the grain elevator.
(c) Head mechanic.
(d) Manager of the real estate office.
4. Who was the owner of the town's newspaper?
(a) Mr. Arbogast.
(b) Mr. Archer.
(c) Mr. Arbuckle.
(d) Mr. Armstrong.
5. How does Wanda Jo feel when she hears the news about Jack?
(a) She is depressed.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is grateful.
(d) She is bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month of the year did Jack's father die?
2. What is the reason for Jack's trip to the city in #84?
3. Why did Jack become a hero in Holt?
4. Where does Jack get a job after he moves out of his mother's house?
5. What major decision does Wanda Jo make regarding Jack?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)