|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does the novel take place?
(b) New Mexico.
2. How does Charlie attempt suicide?
(a) He shoots himself.
(b) He inhales car exhaust fumes.
(c) He overdoses on drugs.
(d) He slits his wrist.
3. Toward whom will the townspeople direct their anger?
4. What is the purpose of Jessie's visit to the Hold Mercury office in January of 1977?
(a) To purchase a subscription.
(b) To place an ad for her garage sale.
(c) To place an ad for the grain elevator.
(d) To have a notice printed about Jack.
5. In what city is the college in #60 located?
(a) Columbus, Ohio.
(b) Boulder, Colorado.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) San Diego, California.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the townspeople view Jack's disappearance from town initially?
2. In what year does the story take place?
3. What does Jack do with the young woman in #88?
4. What major decision does Wanda Jo make regarding Jack?
5. Why does Jack move out of his mother's house?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)