|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do so many people congregate upon Jack's return?
(a) They want to talk about grain prices.
(b) They want to see the kind of woman Jack would marry.
(c) They want to ask Jack to run for mayor.
(d) They want to talk about the drought.
2. How does Jessie compare to the definition of a woman they thought Jack would marry?
(a) She is similar to Wanda Jo.
(b) She is exactly the type they thought she would be.
(c) She reminds people of his mother.
(d) She is the complete opposite.
3. What expensive item does Jack buy on credit at a jewelry store in December of 1976?
(b) Pearl necklace.
(c) Anniversary ring.
(d) Diamond earrings.
4. How did Jack's father die?
(a) He was shot.
(b) His car was hit by a train.
(c) He had cancer.
(d) He had a heart attack.
5. What did the person in #46 find it difficult to do?
(a) Leave for college.
(b) Try out for sports.
(c) Offer condolences to Jack.
(d) Ask a girl on a date.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason did Jessie marry Jack?
2. What college do Jack and Pat attend?
3. Who takes over for Jack at the grain elevator while he is gone?
4. What event has traumatized the girl in #68?
5. Who is the bookkeeper at the grain elevator?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)