|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sheriff do when he confronts Jack?
(a) Shoots him in the leg.
(b) Tells him to get out of town.
(c) Places him under arrest.
(d) Gives him a ticket for loitering.
2. What was a usual result of Jack's behavior in school?
(a) He was promoted to the next grade whether or not he was ready.
(b) He was made to sit in the corner nearly every day.
(c) He had detention almost every day.
(d) He was held back from going to the next grade.
3. Instead of doing his homework like she did in high school, what does Wanda Jo do for Jack now?
(a) She does his laundry.
(b) She mends his clothes.
(c) She cleans his apartment.
(d) She washes his car.
4. Where does Pat get a job after college?
(a) His father's newspaper.
(b) A law firm.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A hospital.
5. How can Jessie best be characterized?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason did Jessie marry Jack?
2. Jack's mother was a/an _________________ woman.
3. Where does Jack get a job after he moves out of his mother's house?
4. Who takes over for Jack at the grain elevator while he is gone?
5. What does Wanda Jo think is a good sign for her in terms of getting Joe to ask her to marry him?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)