|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the girl who agreed to do all of Jack's homework?
(a) Doris Ann Evans.
(b) Millie Sue Evans.
(c) Wanda Jo Evans.
(d) Naomi Lee Evans.
2. What was Jack scheduled to do upon his return home from his trip?
(a) Sign the loan papers for his house.
(b) Present at a board meeting.
(c) Attend a parent-teacher conference.
(d) Have a dental procedure.
3. From where was Jack's father returning when he was killed?
(a) A church.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The bars.
(d) The high school.
4. What message does Jessie publish for the townspeople to read?
(a) That she is not responsible for Jack's debts.
(b) That a search has been scheduled to find Jack.
(c) That she is divorcing Jack.
(d) That Jack has been murdered.
5. Who is Doyle Francis?
(a) A high school principal.
(b) A traveling salesman.
(c) The former manager of the grain elevator.
(d) The mayor of Holt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pat not see Jack often at college?
2. What does the person in #8 do after confronting the man in the parked vehicle?
3. How does Jack handle the unpleasant things in his life?
4. Who is the character who drives into town at the beginning of the novel?
5. Why were Jack's friends not happy with the arrangements of meeting in Jack's room?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)