Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the redbone hound in Chapter 1.
2. Where does the unnamed old man in Chapter 1 assume the hound lives? Why?
3. What memories does the redbone hound stir up for the unnamed old man in Chapter 1?
4. Based on information in Chapter 1, why does the unnamed old man take such an interest in the redbone hound?
5. Describe the area that Billy lives in as a kid.
6. How does Billy's desire for hunting dogs fit with his ability to purchase the dogs?
7. What concerns Mama about Billy's obsession with hunting?
8. What measures does Papa take in Chapter 2 to help Billy deal with his overwhelming desire for two puppies?
9. Describe the contents of the ad Billy finds in the old sportsman's magazine.
10. Describe the actions Billy takes to earn enough money to purchase two hound puppies.
11. What surprises and touches Billy's grandfather in the later part of Chapter 3?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)