|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
(a) As docile.
(b) As smart.
(c) As courageous.
(d) As weak.
2. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
(a) The boy tries to steal the puppies.
(b) The boy steps on Billy's bare foot with his cowboy boot.
(c) The boy makes fun of Billy's appearance.
(d) The boy pulls the ears of one of the puppies.
3. What does Billy do each morning when he returns home from hunting?
(a) Helps his mother with chores.
(b) Eats breakfast and goes to bed.
(c) Goes to work in the fields with his father.
(d) Cares for the dogs' feet.
4. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 remove from his mantle while sitting by the fire?
(a) A book.
(b) A silver cup and a gold cup.
(c) A photograph of his dogs.
(d) A silver medal and a gold medal.
5. Where does the "ghost coon" ultimately head for at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) An old field.
(b) The ghost tree.
(c) Billy's home.
(d) The tallest tree in the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Little Ann die?
2. How does Billy react in Chapter 6 when he discovers his mother's concern for his absence?
3. What does Billy hear during the night in Chapter 15 that he takes as a bad omen?
4. Why do the dogs pounce on a large scary animal in Chapter 18 that Old Dan had treed?
5. What reason does Billy's father provide for Billy's inability to catch a raccoon in his new traps?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)