|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
(a) A collie puppy.
(b) A kitten.
(d) A coonskin hat.
2. Why does Little Ann stop barking when she trees the "ghost coon"?
(a) She is unsure that he is actually in the tree.
(b) She is waiting for Old Dan to arrive.
(c) She has lost his scent.
(d) She is waiting for Billy to arrive.
3. How much is Billy able to earn per coonskin?
(a) Up to $10.
(b) Up to $100.
(d) Exactly $10.
4. What fear must Billy help the puppies overcome?
(a) A fear of dark places.
(b) A fear of raccoons.
(c) A fear of trees.
(d) A fear of water.
5. Upon bringing them home, where does Billy intend for the puppies to sleep?
(a) In his bed.
(b) In the family's yard.
(c) In the doghouse he constructs.
(d) In his sisters' beds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises the hunting contest judge about Billy's dogs' final catch?
2. How does Billy characterize Tahlequah when talking with his father in Chapter 6?
3. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
4. Why does Billy become disillusioned with his new hunting traps?
5. What does Billy see for the first time in the general store window in Chapter 4?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)