|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy end up sleeping under the wagon with his dogs in Chapter 16?
(a) He wants to comfort his tired dogs.
(b) His grandfather's snoring keeps him awake.
(c) He does not want to be away from them.
(d) His father's snoring keeps him awake.
2. Why does Billy feel badly for scolding Little Ann when they return to the sycamore tree in Chapter 9?
(a) He sees that she also returned to the tree during the night.
(b) He realizes she is responsible for finding the coon.
(c) She looks sad and despondent.
(d) She is the more sensitive of the two dogs.
3. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
4. What does the individual who visits Billy in the afternoon after his pups have treed their first raccoon bring him?
(a) A new ax blade.
(b) Fresh clothes.
(d) Lunch and a meal for the dogs.
5. Why does Billy run away from home?
(a) His sisters tease him relentlessly about wanting puppies.
(b) To pursue a career as a hunter.
(c) To go purchase two hound puppies.
(d) His parents deny him hound puppies for a second time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents Billy's parents from buying him the puppies he wants?
2. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
3. What fear must Billy help the puppies overcome?
4. What does Mama do to help alleviate the muscle pain Billy is experiencing in Chapter 9?
5. What does Billy do with the money he earns from hunting?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)