|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose bragging helps build Billy's reputation as a hunter?
(a) His mother's.
(b) His grandfather's.
(c) His father's.
(d) His own.
2. What event causes Little Ann to become sickly and weak?
(a) Billy's illness.
(b) The end of hunting season.
(c) The mountain lion's attack.
(d) Old Dan's death.
3. Which of the following is NOT an attribute that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notices when examining the dog?
(a) He is muddy.
(b) He has unusual markings.
(c) His paws are worn.
(d) He looks malnourished.
4. What does Billy do to help himself see the dogs in the fog in Chapter 11?
(a) He inches closer to the ice pack.
(b) He shines his flashlight on the ice pack.
(c) He builds a fire near the shore of the river.
(d) He tries to put his lantern on the ice pack using a length of cane.
5. What prevents Billy's parents from buying him the puppies he wants?
(a) They are not available in the area they live in.
(b) They cannot afford them.
(c) They do not believe he will take care of them.
(d) They do not want to have pets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Billy's family move to in Chapter 19?
2. What type of dog is being attacked by the other dogs in Chapter 1?
3. Where does Little Ann find the "ghost coon" after Billy believes the bet is over?
4. What event helps Mama understand why Billy is determined to cut down "The Big Tree"?
5. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)