|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
(a) A Coon Hound.
(b) A Labrador Retriever.
(c) A Redbone Hound.
(d) A Collie.
2. What does Little Ann do just as Billy is about to move the dogs to a new location in Chapter 8?
(a) She begins barking.
(b) She finds the coon's trail again.
(c) She trees a coon.
(d) She crosses the river.
3. What does Billy finally notice about his mother as the family discusses the hunting competition over dinner?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She truly loves his father.
(c) She is kind and understanding.
(d) She is supportive of his hunting career.
4. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
(a) As smart.
(b) As weak.
(c) As courageous.
(d) As docile.
5. Who does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notice fighting as he walks home?
(b) A man and a woman.
(c) Two boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy's grandfather tell the boy he must bring with him to the hunting contest?
2. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
3. How did Billy's father discover he had traveled to Tahlequah to pick up the puppies?
4. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
5. What does the dog's presence in Chapter 1 awaken in the unnamed man?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)