|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy prepare Little Ann for the beauty contest?
(a) By teaching her commands.
(b) By brushing and rubbing butter into her hair.
(c) By telling her she is a beautiful dog.
(d) By brushing and rubbing hair oil into her hair.
2. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
(a) To allow the dog to roam freely.
(b) In case the dog returns.
(c) To allow other dogs to take refuge in his yard.
(d) To welcome visitors.
3. Which night does Billy draw to hunt in the contest?
(a) The first night.
(b) The third night.
(c) The last night.
(d) The fourth night.
4. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
(a) The boy pulls the ears of one of the puppies.
(b) The boy makes fun of Billy's appearance.
(c) The boy steps on Billy's bare foot with his cowboy boot.
(d) The boy tries to steal the puppies.
5. Where do Billy and the puppies stop to rest on their journey home from Tahlequah?
(a) At his grandfather's store.
(b) In a town outside of the Ozark Mountains.
(c) Alongside the river.
(d) The abandoned campsite where he found the magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy's grandfather believe the price of coonskins will increase?
2. What creature does Old Dan tree one day after the competition?
3. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 conclude about the dog after noticing his paws are worn?
4. How does the dog in Chapter 1 show the unnamed man he is feeling better?
5. Who helps Billy train the puppies?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)