|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy's sister react to his plan to cut down "The Big Tree"?
(a) She is confident he can accomplish the task.
(b) She is angry at him for worrying Mama.
(c) She thinks he is crazy.
(d) She admires him.
2. Who does Billy think has planted the red fern?
(a) The dogs.
(c) His father.
3. Why does Little Ann stop barking when she trees the "ghost coon"?
(a) She is unsure that he is actually in the tree.
(b) She has lost his scent.
(c) She is waiting for Billy to arrive.
(d) She is waiting for Old Dan to arrive.
4. What does Billy's grandfather tell him that raccoons cannot resist?
(a) Fallen logs.
(d) Shiny objects.
5. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
(a) A coonskin hat.
(b) A collie puppy.
(c) A kitten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Dan when he and the raccoon fight?
2. What does Billy find when he visits to the dogs' graves before leaving home?
3. How many raccoons do Billy and the dogs catch during the hunting contest?
4. What does Billy finally notice about his mother as the family discusses the hunting competition over dinner?
5. What does Little Ann do in Chapter 8 that shows Billy she has not fallen for the raccoon's trick?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)