|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Grandpa while searching for Old Dan in the storm?
(a) He falls and knocks himself unconscious and injures his ankle.
(b) He must stop to take a rest.
(c) He hurts his ankle.
(d) He becomes dehydrated.
2. Why does Old Dan lure Billy out on to the ice pack?
(a) Little Ann has located the raccoon.
(b) He is caught in the freezing water.
(c) Little Ann is caught in the freezing water.
(d) He is caught on the ice.
3. in Chapter 14, what concern about Little Ann does Billy share with his father?
(a) She cannot keep up with Old Dan.
(b) She is sometimes too small to climb a tree.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She is gun shy.
4. Who does Billy's grandfather hold partly responsible for Rubin's death?
(c) The "ghost coon".
5. What surprises Billy's grandfather about Little Ann and Old Dan's relationship?
(a) They are like a mother and child.
(b) They are not competitive.
(c) They share everything.
(d) They compliment each other well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Billy's father give him in Chapter 6 about town life that surprises Billy?
2. What does Billy do to gather strength when he believes he can no longer chop the tree down?
3. How did Billy's father discover he had traveled to Tahlequah to pick up the puppies?
4. What reason does Billy's father provide for Billy's inability to catch a raccoon in his new traps?
5. What amazes the other hunters about Old Dan and Little Ann's actions after chasing the raccoon through the river?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)