|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy find when he visits to the dogs' graves before leaving home?
(a) The old KC Baking Powder can.
(b) A grave marker made by his father.
(c) A red fern growing up between them.
(d) A sycamore tree growing up between them.
2. Where does Little Ann die?
(a) On the hill where the mountain lion attacked.
(b) At Billy's home.
(c) In the woods.
(d) On Old Dan's grave.
3. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
(a) He barks at the cries of a mountain lion
(b) He chases a mountain lion
(c) He chases a raccoon
(d) He protects Billy and the girl puppy
4. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
(a) A Labrador Retriever.
(b) A Collie.
(c) A Coon Hound.
(d) A Redbone Hound.
5. What does Billy discover about the dogs when he wakes in the morning in Chapter 9?
(a) Little Ann is missing.
(b) Old Dan is missing.
(c) The dogs are more determined than he is.
(d) The dogs are as tired as he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
2. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
3. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
4. Why does Billy end up sleeping under the wagon with his dogs in Chapter 16?
5. What does the Tahlequah marshal give Billy before he leaves Tahlequah?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)