|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy react when his grandfather tells him he has entered him into the hunting contest?
(a) He is ecstatic.
(b) He is honored.
(c) He is put off.
(d) He is surprised.
2. What creature does Old Dan tree one day after the competition?
(a) A bobcat.
(b) A mountain lion.
(c) A cat.
(d) A raccoon.
3. What item does Billy need to train the dogs as trackers?
(b) A whistle.
(c) A raccoon.
(d) A coon skin.
4. What concerns Billy about Old Dan's behavior when he trees the animal in Chapter 18?
(a) He growls and bears his teeth.
(b) He will not leave the tree.
(c) He abandons Little Ann.
(d) He tries to climb the tree.
5. Why do the dogs pounce on a large scary animal in Chapter 18 that Old Dan had treed?
(a) It growls at them.
(b) It looks like it might attack Billy.
(c) It attacks Billy.
(d) It stands in a threatening way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event at the beginning of Chapter 11 prevents Billy from hunting?
2. Why does Billy insist the group look for the dogs rather than wait for them to come back on their own?
3. What happens to Grandpa as the dogs chase their second raccoon?
4. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
5. How does Billy characterize Tahlequah when talking with his father in Chapter 6?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)