|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy use to make collars for the puppies?
(b) Leather from old shoes.
(c) Bailing wire.
(d) Pieces of his fathers' check lines.
2. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
(a) Track raccoons.
(b) Raise puppies.
(c) Tease his sisters.
3. Where does the "ghost coon" ultimately head for at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) Billy's home.
(b) The tallest tree in the forest.
(c) The ghost tree.
(d) An old field.
4. Why does Billy decide to walk to Tahlequah?
(a) He cannot stand to wait a week to pick up the puppies.
(b) He doesn't have the heart to tell his father about the puppies.
(c) He wants to inspect the puppies.
(d) He doesn't want to inconvenience his grandfather.
5. Where does Little Ann die?
(a) At Billy's home.
(b) On Old Dan's grave.
(c) In the woods.
(d) On the hill where the mountain lion attacked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Billy bury the dogs when they die?
2. What information does Billy's father give him in Chapter 6 about town life that surprises Billy?
3. Based on the unnamed man's actions at the end of Chapter 1, what is likely to be the focus of the Chapter 2?
4. Who becomes separated from the group during the storm?
5. What does Billy do with the money he earns from hunting?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)