|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Billy's father provide for Billy's inability to catch a raccoon in his new traps?
(a) Billy must set up more traps.
(b) Billy must wait for a raccoon to stumble upon the trap.
(c) Billy needs to be patient because raccoons are hard to find.
(d) Billy must wait until his scent dissipates before the raccoons will come.
2. What criteria must all entrants into the hunting contest in Chapter 14 meet?
(a) They must be at least 18 years old.
(b) They must be seasoned hunters.
(c) They only have to pay a registration fee.
(d) They need to have caught a certain number of raccoons.
3. What item does Billy need to train the dogs as trackers?
(a) A raccoon.
(c) A whistle.
(d) A coon skin.
4. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
(a) He thinks the marshal will also hit him.
(b) He thinks the marshal will arrest him.
(c) He is afraid the marshal will confiscate the puppies.
(d) He is afraid the marshal will put him in jail for fighting.
5. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
(a) His willingness to work hard to purchase the puppies.
(b) His self-assured attitude.
(c) His willingness to stick up for his puppies.
(d) His interest in hunting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years has it been since the unnamed man in Chapter 1 first met his two dogs?
2. What does Papa instruct Billy to do to his traps once he has caught his first raccoon?
3. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
4. Which of the following phrases does NOT characterize Little Ann?
5. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)