|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy visit his grandfather's store on the day he encounters the Pritchard boys?
(a) He is dropping off pelts to be sold at the store.
(b) He is visiting his grandfather.
(c) He is getting a sack of corn milled for his mother.
(d) He is purchasing hunting supplies.
2. Why does Billy decide to walk to Tahlequah?
(a) He doesn't want to inconvenience his grandfather.
(b) He wants to inspect the puppies.
(c) He cannot stand to wait a week to pick up the puppies.
(d) He doesn't have the heart to tell his father about the puppies.
3. What does Billy finally notice about his mother as the family discusses the hunting competition over dinner?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She truly loves his father.
(c) She is supportive of his hunting career.
(d) She is kind and understanding.
4. Who lays next to Old Dan's dead body before it is buried?
(a) Billy's sisters.
(c) Billy and Little Ann.
(d) Little Ann.
5. in Chapter 14, what concern about Little Ann does Billy share with his father?
(a) She is sometimes too small to climb a tree.
(b) She is gun shy.
(c) She cannot keep up with Old Dan.
(d) She is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy observe the boys at the playground in Tahlequah doing that he wants to try for himself?
2. What reason does Billy's father provide for Billy's inability to catch a raccoon in his new traps?
3. What type of dog is being attacked by the other dogs in Chapter 1?
4. Why does Billy run away from home?
5. What does Billy discover when he climbs the ghost tree in Chapter 13?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)