|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Little Ann do in Chapter 8 that shows Billy she has not fallen for the raccoon's trick?
(a) She convinces Old Dan to swim across the river.
(b) She swims across the river to find his scent.
(c) She follows the original trail instead of the new one that the raccoon lays.
(d) She runs up a tree to find him.
2. What event causes Little Ann to become sickly and weak?
(a) Old Dan's death.
(b) The end of hunting season.
(c) Billy's illness.
(d) The mountain lion's attack.
3. What fear must Billy help the puppies overcome?
(a) A fear of trees.
(b) A fear of water.
(c) A fear of dark places.
(d) A fear of raccoons.
4. What happens to Grandpa as the dogs chase their second raccoon?
(a) He is unable to keep up with the group.
(b) He is stricken by laughter.
(c) He becomes ill.
(d) He falls into the river.
5. What does Billy observe the boys at the playground in Tahlequah doing that he wants to try for himself?
(a) Swinging on the swings.
(b) Playing ball.
(c) Sliding down a pipe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
2. How did Billy's father discover he had traveled to Tahlequah to pick up the puppies?
3. What information does Billy's father give him in Chapter 6 about town life that surprises Billy?
4. What problem does Billy face when the dogs finally tree a raccoon?
5. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)