|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy characterize Tahlequah when talking with his father in Chapter 6?
(a) As exciting.
(b) As unpleasant.
(c) As confusing.
(d) As wonderful.
2. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
(a) A hound puppy.
(b) An old tent.
(c) A sportsman's magazine.
3. Why does Billy refuse his father's suggestion of what to do the morning after his pups have treed their first raccoon?
(a) He does not want his father to be injured.
(b) He wants to prove he is a man.
(c) He has given his word to the dogs that he will get the raccoon out.
(d) He is desperate to catch his first coon alone.
4. Who does Billy think has planted the red fern?
(b) The dogs.
(c) His father.
5. What does Papa do to get Little Ann to come back to Billy in Chapter 17?
(a) He shoots his gun.
(b) He pretends to be a raccoon.
(c) He calls to her.
(d) He lures her back with a treat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy discover about the dogs when he wakes in the morning in Chapter 9?
2. Why do the children at the playground in Tahlequah make fun of Billy?
3. Who does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notice fighting as he walks home?
4. What event causes Little Ann to become sickly and weak?
5. What does Billy discover when he climbs the ghost tree in Chapter 13?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)