|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
(a) He agrees to stop asking for the puppies.
(b) He is willing to take on a part time job.
(c) He tells his parents he will wait to get the puppies.
(d) He asks for only one hound puppy.
2. Where do the dogs chase a raccoon to in Chapter 11?
(b) A tree.
(c) Billy's family's home.
(d) The river.
3. What fear must Billy help the puppies overcome?
(a) A fear of trees.
(b) A fear of water.
(c) A fear of dark places.
(d) A fear of raccoons.
4. Who does Billy's grandfather hold partly responsible for Rubin's death?
(c) The "ghost coon".
5. What does Papa do to get Little Ann to come back to Billy in Chapter 17?
(a) He pretends to be a raccoon.
(b) He lures her back with a treat.
(c) He shoots his gun.
(d) He calls to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy run away from home?
2. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
3. How does Billy react in Chapter 6 when he discovers his mother's concern for his absence?
4. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
5. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)