|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy run away from home?
(a) His sisters tease him relentlessly about wanting puppies.
(b) His parents deny him hound puppies for a second time.
(c) To go purchase two hound puppies.
(d) To pursue a career as a hunter.
2. What does Billy hear during the night in Chapter 15 that he takes as a bad omen?
(a) The sound of screech owls.
(b) A storm coming.
(c) The sound of mockingbirds.
(d) Old Dan baying.
3. What event at the beginning of Chapter 11 prevents Billy from hunting?
(a) The end of the hunting season.
(b) A snow blizzard.
(c) The flu.
(d) Injuries to his dogs.
4. What does Billy see for the first time in the general store window in Chapter 4?
(a) His puppies.
(b) A buggy.
(c) A double-barreled gun.
(d) A pair of shoes.
5. What did Billy bring to Tahlequah to carry the puppies home in?
(a) A box.
(b) A gunny sack.
(c) A backpack.
(d) A wagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Dan do when Little Ann cuts her paw?
2. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
3. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
4. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
5. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)