|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy decide not to kill the "ghost coon"?
(a) When the raccoon cries, Billy is sympathetic to its feelings.
(b) He wants to allow the dogs to kill it.
(c) His grandfather tells him not to kill it.
(d) He believes killing animals is immoral.
2. What does Billy decide to name the puppies?
(a) Billy and Megan.
(b) Dan and Ann.
(c) Daniel and Annabelle.
(d) Boy and Girl.
3. Which of the following is NOT a way that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 helps the dog?
(a) He takes him to a vet.
(b) He rescues him from the pack of dogs who are attacking him.
(c) He allows him to rest.
(d) He bathes and feeds him.
4. What does Papa instruct Billy to do to his traps once he has caught his first raccoon?
(a) Move the traps to the house to save for later.
(b) Take the traps apart and never hunt again.
(c) Take the traps apart and only use the pups to hunt.
(d) Move his traps to another location.
5. What does Mama do to help alleviate the muscle pain Billy is experiencing in Chapter 9?
(a) Gives him a hot bath and a massage.
(b) Tells him to rest.
(c) Gives him aspirin.
(d) Gives him a folk medicine pain reliever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fear must Billy help the puppies overcome?
2. Why does Billy try to get the dogs to stay at home when he takes hides to his grandfather's store?
3. What item does Billy need to train the dogs as trackers?
4. What does Billy's grandfather suggest in Chapter 9 the boy do to keep the coon in the tree while he goes home to rest?
5. What does Grandpa give Billy in Chapter 15 that marks him as an adult?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)