|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy react when the women in Tahlequah criticize him while walking through town with his puppies?
(a) He gets into a fight with the women.
(b) He makes fun of the feathers in their hats.
(c) He ignores their comments.
(d) He begins crying.
2. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
(a) The male dog is larger than the female dog.
(b) Both of the dogs are smaller than he expected.
(c) The female dog is larger than the male dog.
(d) Both dogs are larger than he expected.
3. Why do the dogs pounce on a large scary animal in Chapter 18 that Old Dan had treed?
(a) It attacks Billy.
(b) It growls at them.
(c) It stands in a threatening way.
(d) It looks like it might attack Billy.
4. What does Billy do each morning when he returns home from hunting?
(a) Helps his mother with chores.
(b) Eats breakfast and goes to bed.
(c) Cares for the dogs' feet.
(d) Goes to work in the fields with his father.
5. What does Billy do to prevent Old Dan from entering the hollow tree again?
(a) He plugs the hole with rocks.
(b) He punishes him for going up the tree.
(c) He cuts the tree down.
(d) He moves the dogs to another area of the woods to hunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Grandpa while searching for Old Dan in the storm?
2. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
3. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
4. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
5. What does Papa do to get Little Ann to come back to Billy in Chapter 17?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)