|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy finally notice about his mother as the family discusses the hunting competition over dinner?
(a) She is kind and understanding.
(b) She is supportive of his hunting career.
(c) She truly loves his father.
(d) She is pregnant.
2. Why do the dogs pounce on a large scary animal in Chapter 18 that Old Dan had treed?
(a) It stands in a threatening way.
(b) It growls at them.
(c) It attacks Billy.
(d) It looks like it might attack Billy.
3. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
(a) It contains an article about hound puppies.
(b) It is outdated.
(c) It contains an ad for hound puppies.
(d) It contains valuable hunting tips.
4. What does Billy do to prevent Old Dan from entering the hollow tree again?
(a) He plugs the hole with rocks.
(b) He cuts the tree down.
(c) He punishes him for going up the tree.
(d) He moves the dogs to another area of the woods to hunt.
5. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
(a) Shares it with his entire family.
(b) Eats it on the way home.
(c) Shares it with his sisters.
(d) Hides it from his sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the items Billy purchases with his final $10 in Chapter 4?
2. Upon bringing them home, where does Billy intend for the puppies to sleep?
3. Where do the dogs chase a raccoon to in Chapter 11?
4. What does the Tahlequah marshal give Billy before he leaves Tahlequah?
5. How does Billy's sister react to his plan to cut down "The Big Tree"?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)