|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy do to gather strength when he believes he can no longer chop the tree down?
(a) He prays to God for strength.
(b) He looks at the faces of his two dogs.
(c) He asks his father for help.
(d) He rests and eats a hot meal.
2. What does the individual who visits Billy in the afternoon after his pups have treed their first raccoon bring him?
(a) Fresh clothes.
(b) Lunch and a meal for the dogs.
(d) A new ax blade.
3. How does the group find Old Dan in Chapter 17?
(a) They call to him.
(b) They follow the coon.
(c) They hear him baying.
(d) Little Ann leads them to him.
4. Who does Billy's grandfather hold partly responsible for Rubin's death?
(a) The "ghost coon".
5. What happens to Billy when he tries to join in with the activity the children at the playground in Tahlequah are participating in?
(a) The children laugh at him.
(b) He splatters on to the ground.
(c) He gets caught on the pipe.
(d) He is too frightened to slide down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the animal in Chapter 18 react to Old Dan's threat?
2. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
3. What event at the beginning of Chapter 11 prevents Billy from hunting?
4. Why does Billy decide not to kill the "ghost coon"?
5. Where does Billy bury the dogs when they die?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)