|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Old Dan when he follows a raccoon under water during a hunt?
(a) He becomes caught in a beaver dam.
(b) He demonstrates his strength and bravery.
(c) He becomes caught in a muskrat den.
(d) He nearly drowns because he cannot swim well.
2. Why does Billy try to get the dogs to stay at home when he takes hides to his grandfather's store?
(a) The dogs always want treats from the store.
(b) The dogs are not allowed inside the store.
(c) Billy's grandfather does not like dogs.
(d) There are other dogs there that try to fight with Old Dan and Little Ann.
3. Where does the "ghost coon" ultimately head for at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) An old field.
(b) Billy's home.
(c) The ghost tree.
(d) The tallest tree in the forest.
4. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
(b) A deer.
(c) Several raccoons.
(d) Samie, the pet cat.
5. Why does Billy refuse his father's suggestion of what to do the morning after his pups have treed their first raccoon?
(a) He wants to prove he is a man.
(b) He does not want his father to be injured.
(c) He is desperate to catch his first coon alone.
(d) He has given his word to the dogs that he will get the raccoon out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event at the beginning of Chapter 11 prevents Billy from hunting?
2. What does Billy tell his mother is the reason why he was able to get the puppies?
3. How does Billy react when his grandfather tells him he has entered him into the hunting contest?
4. What does Grandpa give Billy in Chapter 15 that marks him as an adult?
5. Why does Old Dan lure Billy out on to the ice pack?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)