|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy characterize Tahlequah when talking with his father in Chapter 6?
(a) As wonderful.
(b) As unpleasant.
(c) As confusing.
(d) As exciting.
2. How much is Billy able to earn per coonskin?
(a) Up to $100.
(b) Up to $10.
(d) Exactly $10.
3. Why do the Pritchard boys refuse to give Billy his money back?
(a) They are unfair.
(b) They are cowards.
(c) They say he owed them the money.
(d) They believe that the dogs must kill the raccoon in order for the bet to be won.
4. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
(a) The male dog is larger than the female dog.
(b) Both of the dogs are smaller than he expected.
(c) Both dogs are larger than he expected.
(d) The female dog is larger than the male dog.
5. What criteria must all entrants into the hunting contest in Chapter 14 meet?
(a) They must be at least 18 years old.
(b) They need to have caught a certain number of raccoons.
(c) They only have to pay a registration fee.
(d) They must be seasoned hunters.
Short Answer Questions
1. After purchasing the puppies, who does Billy credit with his good fortune in Chapter 6?
2. Who lays next to Old Dan's dead body before it is buried?
3. What challenge do the Pritchard boys pose for Billy and the dogs?
4. Why does Billy end up sleeping under the wagon with his dogs in Chapter 16?
5. Who ultimately kills the large scary animal in Chapter 18 that Old Dan had treed?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)