|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy's grandfather suggest in Chapter 9 the boy do to keep the coon in the tree while he goes home to rest?
(a) Take the dogs home with him.
(b) Construct and place a scarecrow at the base of the tree.
(c) Tie the dogs to the tree.
(d) Command the dogs to lie down at the base of the tree.
2. Why does Old Dan leave Billy's home during the night in Chapter 9?
(a) To track another coon.
(b) To return to the tree where the coon is.
(c) To swim in the river.
(d) To find Little Ann.
3. How did Billy's father discover he had traveled to Tahlequah to pick up the puppies?
(a) He was unaware of Billy's travels until the boy returned home.
(b) He received a letter from the Tahlequah deport stationmaster.
(c) He received a phone call from the Tahlequah depot stationmaster.
(d) He talked to Billy's grandfather.
4. How is Rubin Pritchard killed?
(a) Billy hits him with the ax when he tries to attack his dogs.
(b) Billy's dogs attack him.
(c) His brother hits him with the ax.
(d) He trips on branch and falls on his ax.
5. What does Billy do to try and gain an advantage on his night of hunting in the contest?
(a) Encourage the dogs.
(b) Move out of the over-hunted area.
(c) Take his father and grandfather along hunting.
(d) Give the dogs a pep talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy insist the group look for the dogs rather than wait for them to come back on their own?
2. Why does Billy refuse his father's suggestion of what to do the morning after his pups have treed their first raccoon?
3. What does Mama do to help alleviate the muscle pain Billy is experiencing in Chapter 9?
4. What does Old Dan do when Little Ann cuts her paw?
5. Which of the following is NOT a realization Billy comes to upon returning home with the puppies?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)