|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
(a) Lend Billy the money to purchase the puppies.
(b) Place the order for the dogs.
(c) Keep Billy's plan to purchase the puppies a secret.
(d) Contact the kennel to make sure they are still in business.
2. Which of the following is NOT a realization Billy comes to upon returning home with the puppies?
(a) His home is a peaceful place.
(b) His family's home is clean and neat.
(c) His parents truly love him.
(d) His parents were not concerned when he was gone.
3. What does Billy's grandfather tell him that raccoons cannot resist?
(b) Fallen logs.
(d) Shiny objects.
4. What fear must Billy help the puppies overcome?
(a) A fear of dark places.
(b) A fear of water.
(c) A fear of trees.
(d) A fear of raccoons.
5. Why do the dogs pounce on a large scary animal in Chapter 18 that Old Dan had treed?
(a) It growls at them.
(b) It stands in a threatening way.
(c) It attacks Billy.
(d) It looks like it might attack Billy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
2. What event causes Little Ann to become sickly and weak?
3. What does Billy's grandfather suggest in Chapter 9 the boy do to keep the coon in the tree while he goes home to rest?
4. Why does Old Dan leave Billy's home during the night in Chapter 9?
5. How does the group find Old Dan in Chapter 17?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)