|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Billy's father give him in Chapter 6 about town life that surprises Billy?
(a) He intends to move the family to town at some point in the future.
(b) He intends to move to town to open a store.
(c) His father grew up in a town like Tahlequah.
(d) His father has never been into a town.
2. Why does Little Ann stop barking when she trees the "ghost coon"?
(a) She is unsure that he is actually in the tree.
(b) She has lost his scent.
(c) She is waiting for Billy to arrive.
(d) She is waiting for Old Dan to arrive.
3. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
(a) Both dogs are larger than he expected.
(b) Both of the dogs are smaller than he expected.
(c) The female dog is larger than the male dog.
(d) The male dog is larger than the female dog.
4. Where do Billy and the puppies stop to rest on their journey home from Tahlequah?
(a) In a town outside of the Ozark Mountains.
(b) At his grandfather's store.
(c) Alongside the river.
(d) The abandoned campsite where he found the magazine.
5. Based on the unnamed man's actions at the end of Chapter 1, what is likely to be the focus of the Chapter 2?
(a) The man's search for the redbone hound.
(b) A flashback to the man's marriage.
(c) A flashback to the man's childhood.
(d) The man's daily routine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Dan do when Little Ann cuts her paw?
2. Why does Billy visit his grandfather's store on the day he encounters the Pritchard boys?
3. What criteria must all entrants into the hunting contest in Chapter 14 meet?
4. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
5. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)