|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy end up sleeping under the wagon with his dogs in Chapter 16?
(a) His father's snoring keeps him awake.
(b) His grandfather's snoring keeps him awake.
(c) He wants to comfort his tired dogs.
(d) He does not want to be away from them.
2. What does Billy discover when he climbs the ghost tree in Chapter 13?
(a) The tree is still blooming.
(b) The raccoon is not there.
(c) The raccoon was never there.
(d) The raccoon is treed in it.
3. Why does Billy run away from home?
(a) His parents deny him hound puppies for a second time.
(b) To go purchase two hound puppies.
(c) His sisters tease him relentlessly about wanting puppies.
(d) To pursue a career as a hunter.
4. Which of the following phrases does NOT characterize Little Ann?
(a) Mama's helper.
(b) Old Dan's protector.
(c) Sweet and loving.
(d) Extremely intelligent.
5. Why does Billy apologize to the sycamore tree?
(a) He believes God destroyed it for him.
(b) He had to destroy it to honor his promise to the dogs.
(c) He injured it severely by chopping it, yet was unable to chop it down.
(d) He is ambivalent about hunting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
2. Why does Billy choose the particular names for the puppies that he does?
3. How does Rainie Pritchard characterize Billy's grandfather?
4. What type of dog is being attacked by the other dogs in Chapter 1?
5. What criteria must all entrants into the hunting contest in Chapter 14 meet?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)