|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy use to make collars for the puppies?
(a) Bailing wire.
(b) Leather from old shoes.
(d) Pieces of his fathers' check lines.
2. What does Billy observe the boys at the playground in Tahlequah doing that he wants to try for himself?
(b) Swinging on the swings.
(c) Playing ball.
(d) Sliding down a pipe.
3. What does Billy's father suggest he do in the morning after his pups have treed their first raccoon?
(a) Give up and look for another raccoon.
(b) Go home and have some breakfast while Papa continues chopping the tree.
(c) Take a nap then resume chopping.
(d) Go home to rest and return later in the day to finish chopping the tree.
4. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
(a) To welcome visitors.
(b) To allow the dog to roam freely.
(c) In case the dog returns.
(d) To allow other dogs to take refuge in his yard.
5. How does Billy prepare Little Ann for the beauty contest?
(a) By telling her she is a beautiful dog.
(b) By brushing and rubbing hair oil into her hair.
(c) By teaching her commands.
(d) By brushing and rubbing butter into her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazes the other hunters about Old Dan and Little Ann's actions after chasing the raccoon through the river?
2. Who arrives to check on Billy in Chapter 8 when he has not returned home from hunting by morning?
3. What happens to Grandpa as the dogs chase their second raccoon?
4. Why do the Pritchard boys refuse to give Billy his money back?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)