|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Billy concerned about entering one of the dogs into the best looking dog contest?
(a) He believes they are too small.
(b) He does not want to hurt the feelings of either dog.
(c) He is not concerned about their looks, only their hunting abilities.
(d) He is afraid of losing the contest.
2. Where does the unnamed man assume the dog in Chapter 1 lives?
(a) Snake River.
(b) The Ozark Mountains.
(d) In the woods.
3. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
(a) With money he got for his birthday.
(b) With the money he has saved.
(c) With the earnings from the sale of his first coonskin.
(d) By working in his grandfather's store.
4. Where does Little Ann find the "ghost coon" after Billy believes the bet is over?
(a) In the ghost tree.
(b) In a hollowed out tree.
(c) Down near the river.
(d) In a hollowed out gatepost.
5. How does Billy react to the town of Tahlequah?
(a) He is overwhelmed.
(b) He is frightened.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
2. Who does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notice fighting as he walks home?
3. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
4. How does Billy react when his grandfather tells him he has entered him into the hunting contest?
5. What does Little Ann do in Chapter 8 that shows Billy she has not fallen for the raccoon's trick?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)