|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy react to the town of Tahlequah?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is overwhelmed.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is frightened.
2. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
(a) He cries with joy.
(b) He is frightened by their size.
(c) He scoops them up and kisses them.
(d) He is stunned that they are actually his now.
3. What does Billy seemingly randomly ask his family that shocks and entertains them in Chapter 4?
(a) For a ride to Kentucky.
(b) How far it is to Kentucky.
(c) For a haircut.
(d) When he can get his puppies.
4. What does Billy discover about the dogs when he wakes in the morning in Chapter 9?
(a) The dogs are as tired as he is.
(b) Little Ann is missing.
(c) Old Dan is missing.
(d) The dogs are more determined than he is.
5. Why does Billy apologize to the sycamore tree?
(a) He had to destroy it to honor his promise to the dogs.
(b) He injured it severely by chopping it, yet was unable to chop it down.
(c) He believes God destroyed it for him.
(d) He is ambivalent about hunting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other hunters tease Billy about when they talk at his grandfather's store?
2. How does Billy react in Chapter 6 when he discovers his mother's concern for his absence?
3. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
4. What fear must Billy help the puppies overcome?
5. How does Billy prepare Little Ann for the beauty contest?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)