|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Billy's dogs have treed their first raccoon, who arrives later in the day to check on Billy?
(c) Billy's grandfather.
(d) His older sister.
2. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
(a) An old baking powder can.
(b) A jar.
(c) An old soda can.
(d) An old sock.
3. Why do the Pritchard boys refuse to give Billy his money back?
(a) They believe that the dogs must kill the raccoon in order for the bet to be won.
(b) They are cowards.
(c) They are unfair.
(d) They say he owed them the money.
4. What item does Billy need to train the dogs as trackers?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A whistle.
(d) A coon skin.
5. How does Billy's sister react to his plan to cut down "The Big Tree"?
(a) She is confident he can accomplish the task.
(b) She is angry at him for worrying Mama.
(c) She thinks he is crazy.
(d) She admires him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other hunters tease Billy about when they talk at his grandfather's store?
2. Based on the unnamed man's actions at the end of Chapter 1, what is likely to be the focus of the Chapter 2?
3. What reason does Billy's father provide for Billy's inability to catch a raccoon in his new traps?
4. What fear must Billy help the puppies overcome?
5. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)