|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Billy train the puppies?
(a) Billy's grandfather.
(b) His older sister.
(d) His youngest sister.
2. What does Billy do to help himself see the dogs in the fog in Chapter 11?
(a) He builds a fire near the shore of the river.
(b) He tries to put his lantern on the ice pack using a length of cane.
(c) He shines his flashlight on the ice pack.
(d) He inches closer to the ice pack.
3. What does Mama make out of Billy's first coonskin?
(a) A hat.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A rucksack.
(d) A coat.
4. Why does Billy think the sycamore tree falling is an example of divine intervention?
(a) He has a strong faith in God.
(b) The breeze that blows it down does not affect any other tree in the area.
(c) He has prayed for assistance.
(d) He has an unnatural ability to continue chopping despite the pain.
5. Who does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notice fighting as he walks home?
(a) Two boys.
(d) A man and a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following phrases does NOT characterize Old Dan?
2. What does Billy use to make collars for the puppies?
3. Why does Billy's mother punish him in Chapter 7?
4. Where does the "ghost coon" ultimately head for at the end of Chapter 12?
5. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)