|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem do the dogs face when the raccoon leads them to the river in Chapter 11?
(a) They lose the scent of the coon.
(b) The water is too cold to swim in.
(c) The river is frozen.
(d) The ice on the river is slippery.
2. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
(a) An old tent.
(b) A hound puppy.
(d) A sportsman's magazine.
3. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
(a) He stops speaking.
(b) He is unable to complete his chores.
(c) He loses his appetite.
(d) He becomes angry and violent.
4. Which of the following phrases does NOT characterize Old Dan?
(a) Little Ann's protector.
(b) Devoted to Billy.
(c) Sweet and loving.
(d) Tough, but friendly.
5. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
(a) He tells his parents he will wait to get the puppies.
(b) He agrees to stop asking for the puppies.
(c) He is willing to take on a part time job.
(d) He asks for only one hound puppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Old Dan run up a hollow tree during a hunt?
2. What does the individual who visits Billy in the afternoon after his pups have treed their first raccoon bring him?
3. Which night does Billy draw to hunt in the contest?
4. Where do the dogs chase a raccoon to in Chapter 11?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the items Billy purchases with his final $10 in Chapter 4?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)