|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy observe the boys at the playground in Tahlequah doing that he wants to try for himself?
(b) Playing ball.
(c) Swinging on the swings.
(d) Sliding down a pipe.
2. Why does Little Ann stop barking when she trees the "ghost coon"?
(a) She is unsure that he is actually in the tree.
(b) She is waiting for Old Dan to arrive.
(c) She is waiting for Billy to arrive.
(d) She has lost his scent.
3. What does Billy's grandfather suggest in Chapter 9 the boy do to keep the coon in the tree while he goes home to rest?
(a) Take the dogs home with him.
(b) Construct and place a scarecrow at the base of the tree.
(c) Command the dogs to lie down at the base of the tree.
(d) Tie the dogs to the tree.
4. What surprises the hunting contest judge about Billy's dogs' final catch?
(a) They were able to find the raccoon again after he walked a rail fence.
(b) They chased the raccoon for miles.
(c) They worked together to tree the raccoon.
(d) They did not give up even though it was daybreak.
5. How much is Billy able to earn per coonskin?
(b) Exactly $10.
(c) Up to $10.
(d) Up to $100.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Billy and the puppies stop to rest on their journey home from Tahlequah?
2. What does Billy do to help himself see the dogs in the fog in Chapter 11?
3. What does Billy do each morning when he returns home from hunting?
4. Who arrives to check on Billy in Chapter 8 when he has not returned home from hunting by morning?
5. What type of dog is being attacked by the other dogs in Chapter 1?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)