|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy's grandfather believe the price of coonskins will increase?
(a) Coonskin coats have become popular.
(b) Coonskins are becoming more rare.
(c) There are less hunters than there were before.
(d) Coonskin hats have become popular.
2. What does Little Ann do just as Billy is about to move the dogs to a new location in Chapter 8?
(a) She trees a coon.
(b) She crosses the river.
(c) She finds the coon's trail again.
(d) She begins barking.
3. How does Billy react in Chapter 6 when he discovers his mother's concern for his absence?
(a) He buries his head in her lap and cries.
(b) He is angry that his grandfather told his parents where he was.
(c) He is oblivious to her concern.
(d) He feels guilty and sad.
4. Why do the children at the playground in Tahlequah make fun of Billy?
(a) They say he looks like a hillbilly because he is not wearing shoes.
(b) They can tell he lives in another state.
(c) His hair needs to be cut.
(d) He is not attending school.
5. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
2. How does Billy react to the town of Tahlequah?
3. What happens to Dan when he and the raccoon fight?
4. What does Billy do to try and gain an advantage on his night of hunting in the contest?
5. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)