|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Little Ann do just as Billy is about to move the dogs to a new location in Chapter 8?
(a) She finds the coon's trail again.
(b) She crosses the river.
(c) She begins barking.
(d) She trees a coon.
2. How does Billy react when his grandfather tells him he has entered him into the hunting contest?
(a) He is honored.
(b) He is ecstatic.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He is put off.
3. What event helps Mama understand why Billy is determined to cut down "The Big Tree"?
(a) Little Ann's return to the tree during the night.
(b) Billy's aching muscles.
(c) Old Dan's return to the tree during the night.
(d) Billy's faith in God.
4. What does Billy tell his mother is the reason why he was able to get the puppies?
(a) He earned the money over three summers.
(b) He borrowed money from his grandfather.
(c) His grandfather surprised him with the puppies.
(d) God answered his prayer.
5. How does Billy react to the town of Tahlequah?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is frightened.
(c) He is overwhelmed.
(d) He is excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the "ghost coon" ultimately head for at the end of Chapter 12?
2. What does Billy hear during the night in Chapter 15 that he takes as a bad omen?
3. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
4. What does Papa instruct Billy to do to his traps once he has caught his first raccoon?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the items Billy purchases with his final $10 in Chapter 4?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)