|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Old Dan when he follows a raccoon under water during a hunt?
(a) He nearly drowns because he cannot swim well.
(b) He becomes caught in a muskrat den.
(c) He demonstrates his strength and bravery.
(d) He becomes caught in a beaver dam.
2. What do the other hunters tease Billy about when they talk at his grandfather's store?
(a) His obsession with hunting.
(b) The size of his dogs.
(c) His age.
(d) That one of his dogs is female.
3. Who does Billy's grandfather hold partly responsible for Rubin's death?
(d) The "ghost coon".
4. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
(a) He barks at the cries of a mountain lion
(b) He chases a mountain lion
(c) He chases a raccoon
(d) He protects Billy and the girl puppy
5. What does Billy do to gather strength when he believes he can no longer chop the tree down?
(a) He prays to God for strength.
(b) He looks at the faces of his two dogs.
(c) He rests and eats a hot meal.
(d) He asks his father for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the unnamed man assume the dog in Chapter 1 lives?
2. How did Billy's father discover he had traveled to Tahlequah to pick up the puppies?
3. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
4. Which night does Billy draw to hunt in the contest?
5. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)