|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Billy when he tries to join in with the activity the children at the playground in Tahlequah are participating in?
(a) He gets caught on the pipe.
(b) He is too frightened to slide down.
(c) He splatters on to the ground.
(d) The children laugh at him.
2. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
(a) He scoops them up and kisses them.
(b) He cries with joy.
(c) He is stunned that they are actually his now.
(d) He is frightened by their size.
3. How many raccoons do Billy and the dogs catch during the hunting contest?
4. What challenge do the Pritchard boys pose for Billy and the dogs?
(a) Catching the biggest raccoon.
(b) Treeing the "ghost coon."
(c) Selling the most pelts.
(d) Catching more raccoons than they have caught.
5. Why does Old Dan lure Billy out on to the ice pack?
(a) Little Ann has located the raccoon.
(b) He is caught on the ice.
(c) Little Ann is caught in the freezing water.
(d) He is caught in the freezing water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
2. What event helps Mama understand why Billy is determined to cut down "The Big Tree"?
3. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
4. How does Billy characterize Tahlequah when talking with his father in Chapter 6?
5. Where do the dogs chase a raccoon to in Chapter 11?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)