|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy's mother punish him in Chapter 7?
(a) For going hunting without permission.
(b) For using her good scissors to cut a tin can.
(c) For leaving to pick up the puppies without telling her.
(d) For taking a tin can from the junk pile without permission.
2. What does Billy's father suggest he do in the morning after his pups have treed their first raccoon?
(a) Go home to rest and return later in the day to finish chopping the tree.
(b) Go home and have some breakfast while Papa continues chopping the tree.
(c) Take a nap then resume chopping.
(d) Give up and look for another raccoon.
3. What does Billy decide to name the puppies?
(a) Daniel and Annabelle.
(b) Billy and Megan.
(c) Dan and Ann.
(d) Boy and Girl.
4. How does Billy prepare Little Ann for the beauty contest?
(a) By brushing and rubbing hair oil into her hair.
(b) By telling her she is a beautiful dog.
(c) By brushing and rubbing butter into her hair.
(d) By teaching her commands.
5. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
(a) Several raccoons.
(b) A deer.
(c) Samie, the pet cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy try to get the dogs to stay at home when he takes hides to his grandfather's store?
2. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
3. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
4. What prevents Billy's parents from buying him the puppies he wants?
5. Why does Little Ann stop barking when she trees the "ghost coon"?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)