|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon bringing them home, where does Billy intend for the puppies to sleep?
(a) In his sisters' beds.
(b) In the doghouse he constructs.
(c) In the family's yard.
(d) In his bed.
2. Which of the following phrases does NOT characterize Old Dan?
(a) Tough, but friendly.
(b) Sweet and loving.
(c) Devoted to Billy.
(d) Little Ann's protector.
3. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
(a) She reports him to the school principal.
(b) She rushes over to help him.
(c) She is disgusted by his appearance.
(d) She laughs at him.
4. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
(a) Track raccoons.
(c) Tease his sisters.
(d) Raise puppies.
5. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 remove from his mantle while sitting by the fire?
(a) A photograph of his dogs.
(b) A book.
(c) A silver cup and a gold cup.
(d) A silver medal and a gold medal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
2. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
3. Why does Billy run away from home?
4. Where does Little Ann find the "ghost coon" after Billy believes the bet is over?
5. What did Billy bring to Tahlequah to carry the puppies home in?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)