|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the children at the playground in Tahlequah make fun of Billy?
(a) They say he looks like a hillbilly because he is not wearing shoes.
(b) His hair needs to be cut.
(c) They can tell he lives in another state.
(d) He is not attending school.
2. Who helps Billy train the puppies?
(b) Billy's grandfather.
(c) His youngest sister.
(d) His older sister.
3. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
(a) A Redbone Hound.
(b) A Coon Hound.
(c) A Labrador Retriever.
(d) A Collie.
4. After purchasing the puppies, who does Billy credit with his good fortune in Chapter 6?
(c) His father.
(d) His grandfather.
5. What does Billy hear during the night in Chapter 15 that he takes as a bad omen?
(a) The sound of mockingbirds.
(b) A storm coming.
(c) Old Dan baying.
(d) The sound of screech owls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy do with the money he earns from hunting?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
3. What does Papa instruct Billy to do to his traps once he has caught his first raccoon?
4. What does Billy do to prevent Old Dan from entering the hollow tree again?
5. What happens to Billy when he tries to join in with the activity the children at the playground in Tahlequah are participating in?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)