|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event at the beginning of Chapter 11 prevents Billy from hunting?
(a) Injuries to his dogs.
(b) The flu.
(c) The end of the hunting season.
(d) A snow blizzard.
2. Why does Old Dan leave Billy's home during the night in Chapter 9?
(a) To find Little Ann.
(b) To swim in the river.
(c) To track another coon.
(d) To return to the tree where the coon is.
3. What does the Tahlequah marshal give Billy before he leaves Tahlequah?
(a) A ride to the main road.
(c) A soda.
(d) A pair of shoes.
4. What does Little Ann do just as Billy is about to move the dogs to a new location in Chapter 8?
(a) She begins barking.
(b) She crosses the river.
(c) She trees a coon.
(d) She finds the coon's trail again.
5. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
(a) A kitten.
(c) A coonskin hat.
(d) A collie puppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Little Ann do in Chapter 8 that shows Billy she has not fallen for the raccoon's trick?
2. Why does Billy feel badly for scolding Little Ann when they return to the sycamore tree in Chapter 9?
3. What does Billy's mother think has happened to him when he comes home yelling after visiting the traps in Chapter 7?
4. What does Billy do to try and gain an advantage on his night of hunting in the contest?
5. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)