|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy react in Chapter 6 when he discovers his mother's concern for his absence?
(a) He is oblivious to her concern.
(b) He is angry that his grandfather told his parents where he was.
(c) He feels guilty and sad.
(d) He buries his head in her lap and cries.
2. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
(a) His plan to run away from home to become a hunter.
(b) His hound puppy purchase.
(c) His plan to save money to order the hound puppies.
(d) His continued interest in getting two puppies.
3. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
(a) Both dogs are larger than he expected.
(b) The female dog is larger than the male dog.
(c) Both of the dogs are smaller than he expected.
(d) The male dog is larger than the female dog.
4. How does Billy react when the women in Tahlequah criticize him while walking through town with his puppies?
(a) He ignores their comments.
(b) He gets into a fight with the women.
(c) He begins crying.
(d) He makes fun of the feathers in their hats.
5. Why does Little Ann stop barking when she trees the "ghost coon"?
(a) She is unsure that he is actually in the tree.
(b) She is waiting for Old Dan to arrive.
(c) She has lost his scent.
(d) She is waiting for Billy to arrive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy's father suggest he do in the morning after his pups have treed their first raccoon?
2. Why do the Pritchard boys refuse to give Billy his money back?
3. Why does Billy try to get the dogs to stay at home when he takes hides to his grandfather's store?
4. Why does Billy feel badly for scolding Little Ann when they return to the sycamore tree in Chapter 9?
5. Who helps Billy train the puppies?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)