|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
(a) He picks berries to sell at his grandfather's store.
(b) He catches and sells bait to fishermen.
(c) He sells vegetables.
(d) He works in the fields with his father.
2. What do the other hunters tease Billy about when they talk at his grandfather's store?
(a) His age.
(b) The size of his dogs.
(c) His obsession with hunting.
(d) That one of his dogs is female.
3. What does Billy see for the first time in the general store window in Chapter 4?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A buggy.
(c) His puppies.
(d) A double-barreled gun.
4. Why does Old Dan run up a hollow tree during a hunt?
(a) To follow the scent of a raccoon.
(b) To chase a raccoon that is in the tree.
(c) To chase Little Ann.
(d) To get a better view of the raccoon running away.
5. What challenge do the Pritchard boys pose for Billy and the dogs?
(a) Catching more raccoons than they have caught.
(b) Catching the biggest raccoon.
(c) Treeing the "ghost coon."
(d) Selling the most pelts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Billy when he tries to join in with the activity the children at the playground in Tahlequah are participating in?
2. How much is Billy able to earn per coonskin?
3. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
4. Why does Old Dan leave Billy's home during the night in Chapter 9?
5. What problem does Billy face when the dogs finally tree a raccoon?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)