|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy decide to walk to Tahlequah?
(a) He doesn't want to inconvenience his grandfather.
(b) He wants to inspect the puppies.
(c) He doesn't have the heart to tell his father about the puppies.
(d) He cannot stand to wait a week to pick up the puppies.
2. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
(a) He is excited that Billy will finally be able to purchase the puppies.
(b) He becomes choked up because Billy has been saving for so long.
(c) He is shocked because he didn't believe Billy could do it.
(d) He is angry that the boy is not giving the money to his family.
3. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 conclude about the dog after noticing his paws are worn?
(a) He has been taken hunting many times.
(b) He has walked through the woods.
(c) He has traveled a long way.
(d) He has been abused.
4. Why does Billy apologize to the sycamore tree?
(a) He is ambivalent about hunting.
(b) He had to destroy it to honor his promise to the dogs.
(c) He injured it severely by chopping it, yet was unable to chop it down.
(d) He believes God destroyed it for him.
5. in Chapter 14, what concern about Little Ann does Billy share with his father?
(a) She is gun shy.
(b) She cannot keep up with Old Dan.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She is sometimes too small to climb a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy hear during the night in Chapter 15 that he takes as a bad omen?
2. How does Rainie Pritchard characterize Billy's grandfather?
3. What does Mama do to help alleviate the muscle pain Billy is experiencing in Chapter 9?
4. What does Billy's grandfather suggest in Chapter 9 the boy do to keep the coon in the tree while he goes home to rest?
5. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)