|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of dog is being attacked by the other dogs in Chapter 1?
(a) A retriever.
(b) A bloodhound.
(c) A redbone hound dog.
(d) An Irish setter.
2. What do the other hunters tease Billy about when they talk at his grandfather's store?
(a) The size of his dogs.
(b) His obsession with hunting.
(c) His age.
(d) That one of his dogs is female.
3. Which of the following phrases does NOT characterize Little Ann?
(a) Sweet and loving.
(b) Mama's helper.
(c) Old Dan's protector.
(d) Extremely intelligent.
4. What happens to Billy when he tries to join in with the activity the children at the playground in Tahlequah are participating in?
(a) He gets caught on the pipe.
(b) He is too frightened to slide down.
(c) He splatters on to the ground.
(d) The children laugh at him.
5. Why does Old Dan not want to get into Billy's grandfather's buggy in Chapter 9?
(a) He does not want to leave the coon in the tree.
(b) He is afraid of the buggy.
(c) He does not want to leave Little Ann.
(d) He is not tired and hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 remove from his mantle while sitting by the fire?
2. Why does Billy decide not to kill the "ghost coon"?
3. Why does Old Dan run up a hollow tree during a hunt?
4. What does Billy discover when he climbs the ghost tree in Chapter 13?
5. Why does the general store owner offer Billy a pair of shoes?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)