|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has it been since the unnamed man in Chapter 1 first met his two dogs?
(a) More than 5 years.
(b) More than 25 years.
(c) More than 20 years.
(d) More than 50 years.
2. What reason does Billy's father provide for Billy's inability to catch a raccoon in his new traps?
(a) Billy must set up more traps.
(b) Billy must wait until his scent dissipates before the raccoons will come.
(c) Billy needs to be patient because raccoons are hard to find.
(d) Billy must wait for a raccoon to stumble upon the trap.
3. Why does Old Dan lure Billy out on to the ice pack?
(a) Little Ann is caught in the freezing water.
(b) He is caught in the freezing water.
(c) He is caught on the ice.
(d) Little Ann has located the raccoon.
4. How long does it take Billy to catch his first raccoon in the traps?
(a) More than a month.
(b) Exactly one week.
(c) One day.
(d) More than a week.
5. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
(a) At his grandfather's store.
(b) At a depot in Oklahoma.
(c) At a depot in Kentucky.
(d) At the kennel he ordered them from.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
2. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
3. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
4. How many traps does Billy set up near the river in Chapter 7?
5. Why does Old Dan leave Billy's home during the night in Chapter 9?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)