|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the items Billy purchases with his final $10 in Chapter 4?
(a) Cloth for his mother and sisters.
(b) Shoes for himself.
(c) Overalls for his father.
(d) A bag of candy.
2. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
(a) Shares it with his entire family.
(b) Shares it with his sisters.
(c) Hides it from his sisters.
(d) Eats it on the way home.
3. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
(a) A hound puppy.
(c) A sportsman's magazine.
(d) An old tent.
4. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
(a) He barks at the cries of a mountain lion
(b) He protects Billy and the girl puppy
(c) He chases a raccoon
(d) He chases a mountain lion
5. What item does Billy need to train the dogs as trackers?
(a) A whistle.
(b) A coon skin.
(d) A raccoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Billy's father give him in Chapter 6 about town life that surprises Billy?
2. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
3. What does Billy do to help himself see the dogs in the fog in Chapter 11?
4. What does Billy's grandfather tell the boy he must bring with him to the hunting contest?
5. Which of the following is NOT a way that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 helps the dog?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)