|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
(a) She rushes over to help him.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She is disgusted by his appearance.
(d) She reports him to the school principal.
2. How does Billy's sister react to his plan to cut down "The Big Tree"?
(a) She thinks he is crazy.
(b) She is angry at him for worrying Mama.
(c) She admires him.
(d) She is confident he can accomplish the task.
3. Why does Billy decide to chop down the tree in Chapter 8 that the dogs have treed their first raccoon in?
(a) The dogs will not leave the raccoon they have trapped in the tree.
(b) He is desperate to catch his first raccoon.
(c) He is self assured and confident.
(d) The tree is in the way of the raccoon.
4. Why does Billy decide to walk to Tahlequah?
(a) He doesn't want to inconvenience his grandfather.
(b) He cannot stand to wait a week to pick up the puppies.
(c) He wants to inspect the puppies.
(d) He doesn't have the heart to tell his father about the puppies.
5. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
2. What problem does Billy face when the dogs finally tree a raccoon?
3. Which of the following is NOT a realization Billy comes to upon returning home with the puppies?
4. Who does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notice fighting as he walks home?
5. What does Billy's grandfather tell Billy he will need to have to finish cutting down the tree?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)