|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
(a) He is excited that Billy will finally be able to purchase the puppies.
(b) He is angry that the boy is not giving the money to his family.
(c) He is shocked because he didn't believe Billy could do it.
(d) He becomes choked up because Billy has been saving for so long.
2. How old is Billy when his first hunting season opens?
3. Why does Billy decide to chop down the tree in Chapter 8 that the dogs have treed their first raccoon in?
(a) He is desperate to catch his first raccoon.
(b) He is self assured and confident.
(c) The tree is in the way of the raccoon.
(d) The dogs will not leave the raccoon they have trapped in the tree.
4. Why does Billy's mother punish him in Chapter 7?
(a) For leaving to pick up the puppies without telling her.
(b) For taking a tin can from the junk pile without permission.
(c) For using her good scissors to cut a tin can.
(d) For going hunting without permission.
5. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
(a) She rushes over to help him.
(b) She is disgusted by his appearance.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She reports him to the school principal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
2. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 conclude about the dog after noticing his paws are worn?
3. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
4. What does Billy do each morning when he returns home from hunting?
5. What type of dog is being attacked by the other dogs in Chapter 1?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)