|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
(a) An old soda can.
(b) A jar.
(c) An old baking powder can.
(d) An old sock.
2. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 conclude about the dog after noticing his paws are worn?
(a) He has traveled a long way.
(b) He has been abused.
(c) He has been taken hunting many times.
(d) He has walked through the woods.
3. What does Old Dan do when Little Ann cuts her paw?
(a) He fights the animal who hurt Little Ann.
(b) He leaves her to be cared for by Billy's sisters.
(c) He stays with her rather than going hunting alone with Billy.
(d) He nurses her back to health.
4. What happens to Old Dan when he follows a raccoon under water during a hunt?
(a) He demonstrates his strength and bravery.
(b) He nearly drowns because he cannot swim well.
(c) He becomes caught in a muskrat den.
(d) He becomes caught in a beaver dam.
5. What challenge do the Pritchard boys pose for Billy and the dogs?
(a) Catching more raccoons than they have caught.
(b) Treeing the "ghost coon."
(c) Catching the biggest raccoon.
(d) Selling the most pelts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy do to gather strength when he believes he can no longer chop the tree down?
2. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy in Chapter 8?
3. in Chapter 14, what concern about Little Ann does Billy share with his father?
4. What does Billy observe the boys at the playground in Tahlequah doing that he wants to try for himself?
5. What does Billy realize when he hears Old Dan bay while out on the ice?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)