|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
(a) He sells vegetables.
(b) He picks berries to sell at his grandfather's store.
(c) He works in the fields with his father.
(d) He catches and sells bait to fishermen.
2. What happens to Old Dan when he follows a raccoon under water during a hunt?
(a) He becomes caught in a beaver dam.
(b) He demonstrates his strength and bravery.
(c) He becomes caught in a muskrat den.
(d) He nearly drowns because he cannot swim well.
3. How does Billy's grandfather help him get the item he needs to train the dogs as trackers?
(a) He gives Billy one he had from when he was a boy.
(b) He gives Billy hunting traps to use.
(c) He purchases one for Billy from a local hunter.
(d) He teaches Billy how to create a trap using a log, nails and a piece of tin.
4. Where do the dogs chase a raccoon to in Chapter 11?
(a) The river.
(b) Billy's family's home.
(d) A tree.
5. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
(a) By performing chores around the house.
(b) By working in the fields with him.
(c) By taking care of his sisters.
(d) By not asking him for the puppies any longer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy react in Chapter 6 when he discovers his mother's concern for his absence?
2. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
3. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
4. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 remove from his mantle while sitting by the fire?
5. What does the dog's presence in Chapter 1 awaken in the unnamed man?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)