|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
(a) A Redbone Hound.
(b) A Collie.
(c) A Coon Hound.
(d) A Labrador Retriever.
2. Why do the children at the playground in Tahlequah make fun of Billy?
(a) They say he looks like a hillbilly because he is not wearing shoes.
(b) They can tell he lives in another state.
(c) His hair needs to be cut.
(d) He is not attending school.
3. How does Billy's sister react to his plan to cut down "The Big Tree"?
(a) She is angry at him for worrying Mama.
(b) She is confident he can accomplish the task.
(c) She thinks he is crazy.
(d) She admires him.
4. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
(a) To allow other dogs to take refuge in his yard.
(b) To allow the dog to roam freely.
(c) In case the dog returns.
(d) To welcome visitors.
5. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What criteria must all entrants into the hunting contest in Chapter 14 meet?
2. What does the individual who visits Billy in the afternoon after his pups have treed their first raccoon bring him?
3. What information does Billy's father give him in Chapter 6 about town life that surprises Billy?
4. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
5. What does Billy finally notice about his mother as the family discusses the hunting competition over dinner?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)