|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Old Dan run up a hollow tree during a hunt?
(a) To chase Little Ann.
(b) To follow the scent of a raccoon.
(c) To get a better view of the raccoon running away.
(d) To chase a raccoon that is in the tree.
2. Why does Billy's mother punish him in Chapter 7?
(a) For going hunting without permission.
(b) For taking a tin can from the junk pile without permission.
(c) For leaving to pick up the puppies without telling her.
(d) For using her good scissors to cut a tin can.
3. Why does Billy choose the particular names for the puppies that he does?
(a) He saw them in an old sportsman's magazine.
(b) He sees them carved on a tree at the campsite where he found the sportsman's magazine.
(c) They are his grandparents' names.
(d) His sisters choose the names.
4. How does Rainie Pritchard characterize Billy's grandfather?
(a) As mean.
(b) As dishonest.
(c) As wealthy.
(d) As fair.
5. Which of the following is NOT an attribute that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notices when examining the dog?
(a) He has unusual markings.
(b) He is muddy.
(c) He looks malnourished.
(d) His paws are worn.
Short Answer Questions
1. After purchasing the puppies, who does Billy credit with his good fortune in Chapter 6?
2. What event at the beginning of Chapter 11 prevents Billy from hunting?
3. Which of the following phrases does NOT characterize Little Ann?
4. How does Billy's sister react to his plan to cut down "The Big Tree"?
5. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)