|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy do to prevent Old Dan from entering the hollow tree again?
(a) He punishes him for going up the tree.
(b) He cuts the tree down.
(c) He plugs the hole with rocks.
(d) He moves the dogs to another area of the woods to hunt.
2. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
(a) Two dogs.
(b) A gun.
(c) A brother.
(d) A dog.
3. What does Billy's mother think has happened to him when he comes home yelling after visiting the traps in Chapter 7?
(a) He has been bitten by a raccoon.
(b) One of the puppies has become injured.
(c) He has caught a raccoon.
(d) He has been bitten by a snake.
4. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
(a) As docile.
(b) As smart.
(c) As weak.
(d) As courageous.
5. Why does Old Dan lure Billy out on to the ice pack?
(a) Little Ann is caught in the freezing water.
(b) He is caught in the freezing water.
(c) He is caught on the ice.
(d) Little Ann has located the raccoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the children at the playground in Tahlequah make fun of Billy?
2. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 conclude about the dog after noticing his paws are worn?
3. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
4. How long does it take Billy to catch his first raccoon in the traps?
5. Which of the following phrases does NOT characterize Old Dan?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)