|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
(b) Talking to another child.
(c) Caring for his canary.
(d) Putting the puppies.
2. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
(a) He is shocked because he didn't believe Billy could do it.
(b) He is excited that Billy will finally be able to purchase the puppies.
(c) He is angry that the boy is not giving the money to his family.
(d) He becomes choked up because Billy has been saving for so long.
3. Where does the unnamed man assume the dog in Chapter 1 lives?
(a) In the woods.
(c) The Ozark Mountains.
(d) Snake River.
4. Why does Billy apologize to the sycamore tree?
(a) He had to destroy it to honor his promise to the dogs.
(b) He is ambivalent about hunting.
(c) He injured it severely by chopping it, yet was unable to chop it down.
(d) He believes God destroyed it for him.
5. What happens to Old Dan when he follows a raccoon under water during a hunt?
(a) He nearly drowns because he cannot swim well.
(b) He becomes caught in a muskrat den.
(c) He demonstrates his strength and bravery.
(d) He becomes caught in a beaver dam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
2. Why does Billy decide not to kill the "ghost coon"?
3. How does Rainie Pritchard characterize Billy's grandfather?
4. How does Billy's grandfather help him get the item he needs to train the dogs as trackers?
5. What does Billy do with the money he earns from hunting?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)