|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy's mother punish him in Chapter 7?
(a) For leaving to pick up the puppies without telling her.
(b) For taking a tin can from the junk pile without permission.
(c) For going hunting without permission.
(d) For using her good scissors to cut a tin can.
2. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
(a) He is afraid the marshal will confiscate the puppies.
(b) He thinks the marshal will arrest him.
(c) He thinks the marshal will also hit him.
(d) He is afraid the marshal will put him in jail for fighting.
3. Why does the general store owner offer Billy a pair of shoes?
(a) His shoes are torn.
(b) His shoes are wet from his walk.
(c) He knows Billy cannot afford new shoes.
(d) He is barefooted.
4. How many years has it been since the unnamed man in Chapter 1 first met his two dogs?
(a) More than 20 years.
(b) More than 25 years.
(c) More than 50 years.
(d) More than 5 years.
5. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
(a) To welcome visitors.
(b) To allow other dogs to take refuge in his yard.
(c) To allow the dog to roam freely.
(d) In case the dog returns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Billy's father provide for Billy's inability to catch a raccoon in his new traps?
2. Why does Billy become disillusioned with his new hunting traps?
3. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
4. Where does the unnamed man assume the dog in Chapter 1 lives?
5. Who does Billy's grandfather hold partly responsible for Rubin's death?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)