|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy tell his mother is the reason why he was able to get the puppies?
(a) God answered his prayer.
(b) He borrowed money from his grandfather.
(c) His grandfather surprised him with the puppies.
(d) He earned the money over three summers.
2. What does Billy's grandfather tell Billy he will need to have to finish cutting down the tree?
(a) Focus and determination.
(b) Determination and will power.
(c) A new ax.
(d) Faith in God.
3. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
(a) In Texas.
(b) In Idaho.
(c) In the Appalachian Mountains.
(d) In the Ozark Mountains.
4. What does Papa instruct Billy to do to his traps once he has caught his first raccoon?
(a) Take the traps apart and only use the pups to hunt.
(b) Move the traps to the house to save for later.
(c) Take the traps apart and never hunt again.
(d) Move his traps to another location.
5. After Billy's dogs have treed their first raccoon, who arrives later in the day to check on Billy?
(a) His older sister.
(b) Billy's grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
2. How does Billy react to the town of Tahlequah?
3. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
4. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 conclude about the dog after noticing his paws are worn?
5. Which of the following is NOT an attribute that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notices when examining the dog?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)