|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the other hunters tease Billy about when they talk at his grandfather's store?
(a) The size of his dogs.
(b) That one of his dogs is female.
(c) His age.
(d) His obsession with hunting.
2. What does Billy do each morning when he returns home from hunting?
(a) Eats breakfast and goes to bed.
(b) Helps his mother with chores.
(c) Goes to work in the fields with his father.
(d) Cares for the dogs' feet.
3. How did Billy's father discover he had traveled to Tahlequah to pick up the puppies?
(a) He received a phone call from the Tahlequah depot stationmaster.
(b) He was unaware of Billy's travels until the boy returned home.
(c) He talked to Billy's grandfather.
(d) He received a letter from the Tahlequah deport stationmaster.
4. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
(a) Lend Billy the money to purchase the puppies.
(b) Contact the kennel to make sure they are still in business.
(c) Place the order for the dogs.
(d) Keep Billy's plan to purchase the puppies a secret.
5. What prevents Billy's parents from buying him the puppies he wants?
(a) They do not believe he will take care of them.
(b) They do not want to have pets.
(c) They cannot afford them.
(d) They are not available in the area they live in.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
2. What does Billy's grandfather tell the boy he must bring with him to the hunting contest?
3. How many traps does Billy set up near the river in Chapter 7?
4. Where does Billy camp with the puppies in Chapter 5?
5. Where does the unnamed man assume the dog in Chapter 1 lives?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)