|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Old Dan when he follows a raccoon under water during a hunt?
(a) He demonstrates his strength and bravery.
(b) He becomes caught in a beaver dam.
(c) He becomes caught in a muskrat den.
(d) He nearly drowns because he cannot swim well.
2. Why does Billy feel badly for scolding Little Ann when they return to the sycamore tree in Chapter 9?
(a) She is the more sensitive of the two dogs.
(b) He realizes she is responsible for finding the coon.
(c) He sees that she also returned to the tree during the night.
(d) She looks sad and despondent.
3. What information does Billy's father give him in Chapter 6 about town life that surprises Billy?
(a) His father grew up in a town like Tahlequah.
(b) His father has never been into a town.
(c) He intends to move the family to town at some point in the future.
(d) He intends to move to town to open a store.
4. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
(a) Samie, the pet cat.
(b) Several raccoons.
(d) A deer.
5. Who does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notice fighting as he walks home?
(c) A man and a woman.
(d) Two boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Little Ann find the "ghost coon" after Billy believes the bet is over?
2. What does the individual who visits Billy in the afternoon after his pups have treed their first raccoon bring him?
3. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
4. How does Billy react in Chapter 6 when he discovers his mother's concern for his absence?
5. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)