|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy finally notice about his mother as the family discusses the hunting competition over dinner?
(a) She is kind and understanding.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is supportive of his hunting career.
(d) She truly loves his father.
2. How did Billy's father discover he had traveled to Tahlequah to pick up the puppies?
(a) He received a phone call from the Tahlequah depot stationmaster.
(b) He was unaware of Billy's travels until the boy returned home.
(c) He received a letter from the Tahlequah deport stationmaster.
(d) He talked to Billy's grandfather.
3. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
(a) The boy pulls the ears of one of the puppies.
(b) The boy tries to steal the puppies.
(c) The boy makes fun of Billy's appearance.
(d) The boy steps on Billy's bare foot with his cowboy boot.
4. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
(a) He becomes angry and violent.
(b) He is unable to complete his chores.
(c) He stops speaking.
(d) He loses his appetite.
5. What does Billy tell his mother is the reason why he was able to get the puppies?
(a) He borrowed money from his grandfather.
(b) God answered his prayer.
(c) His grandfather surprised him with the puppies.
(d) He earned the money over three summers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 conclude about the dog after noticing his paws are worn?
2. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
3. What happens to Billy when he tries to join in with the activity the children at the playground in Tahlequah are participating in?
4. What does Billy do each morning when he returns home from hunting?
5. How does Rainie Pritchard characterize Billy's grandfather?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)