|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy decide to walk to Tahlequah?
(a) He doesn't have the heart to tell his father about the puppies.
(b) He wants to inspect the puppies.
(c) He doesn't want to inconvenience his grandfather.
(d) He cannot stand to wait a week to pick up the puppies.
2. Where does the "ghost coon" ultimately head for at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) The tallest tree in the forest.
(b) An old field.
(c) Billy's home.
(d) The ghost tree.
3. What does Mama make out of Billy's first coonskin?
(a) A coat.
(b) A hat.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A rucksack.
4. Why does Billy think the sycamore tree falling is an example of divine intervention?
(a) He has a strong faith in God.
(b) The breeze that blows it down does not affect any other tree in the area.
(c) He has prayed for assistance.
(d) He has an unnatural ability to continue chopping despite the pain.
5. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
(b) An old tent.
(c) A hound puppy.
(d) A sportsman's magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
2. How does Billy's sister react to his plan to cut down "The Big Tree"?
3. After Billy's dogs have treed their first raccoon, who arrives later in the day to check on Billy?
4. What does the individual who visits Billy in the afternoon after his pups have treed their first raccoon bring him?
5. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)