|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
(a) He chases a raccoon
(b) He barks at the cries of a mountain lion
(c) He chases a mountain lion
(d) He protects Billy and the girl puppy
2. Which of the following phrases does NOT characterize Little Ann?
(a) Old Dan's protector.
(b) Extremely intelligent.
(c) Sweet and loving.
(d) Mama's helper.
3. Upon bringing them home, where does Billy intend for the puppies to sleep?
(a) In the doghouse he constructs.
(b) In his bed.
(c) In the family's yard.
(d) In his sisters' beds.
4. How does Billy react when his grandfather tells him he has entered him into the hunting contest?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is honored.
(c) He is put off.
(d) He is ecstatic.
5. Which of the following is NOT an attribute that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notices when examining the dog?
(a) He has unusual markings.
(b) He is muddy.
(c) His paws are worn.
(d) He looks malnourished.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other hunters tease Billy about when they talk at his grandfather's store?
2. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
3. Why does Billy decide to chop down the tree in Chapter 8 that the dogs have treed their first raccoon in?
4. Why does Billy refuse his father's suggestion of what to do the morning after his pups have treed their first raccoon?
5. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)