|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
2. Who arrives to check on Billy in Chapter 8 when he has not returned home from hunting by morning?
(b) Billy's oldest sister.
(c) Billy's grandfather.
3. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
(a) Eats it on the way home.
(b) Shares it with his entire family.
(c) Hides it from his sisters.
(d) Shares it with his sisters.
4. What does Billy do to help himself see the dogs in the fog in Chapter 11?
(a) He tries to put his lantern on the ice pack using a length of cane.
(b) He shines his flashlight on the ice pack.
(c) He inches closer to the ice pack.
(d) He builds a fire near the shore of the river.
5. What does Billy see for the first time in the general store window in Chapter 4?
(a) A buggy.
(b) A double-barreled gun.
(c) His puppies.
(d) A pair of shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy discover when he climbs the ghost tree in Chapter 13?
2. What happens to Dan when he and the raccoon fight?
3. Where does the unnamed man assume the dog in Chapter 1 lives?
4. What does Billy's grandfather tell Billy he will need to have to finish cutting down the tree?
5. Where do Billy and the puppies stop to rest on their journey home from Tahlequah?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)