|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Rubin Pritchard killed?
(a) Billy's dogs attack him.
(b) Billy hits him with the ax when he tries to attack his dogs.
(c) His brother hits him with the ax.
(d) He trips on branch and falls on his ax.
2. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
(a) He catches and sells bait to fishermen.
(b) He works in the fields with his father.
(c) He sells vegetables.
(d) He picks berries to sell at his grandfather's store.
3. What does the Tahlequah marshal give Billy before he leaves Tahlequah?
(a) A soda.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A ride to the main road.
4. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
(a) He barks at the cries of a mountain lion
(b) He chases a raccoon
(c) He chases a mountain lion
(d) He protects Billy and the girl puppy
5. What does Billy do to gather strength when he believes he can no longer chop the tree down?
(a) He asks his father for help.
(b) He prays to God for strength.
(c) He looks at the faces of his two dogs.
(d) He rests and eats a hot meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about the area that Billy's family lives in when he is young?
2. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
3. Where does Little Ann find the "ghost coon" after Billy believes the bet is over?
4. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
5. Which of the following is NOT a way that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 helps the dog?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)