|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
(a) Talking to another child.
(c) Putting the puppies.
(d) Caring for his canary.
2. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
(a) He barks at the cries of a mountain lion
(b) He chases a mountain lion
(c) He chases a raccoon
(d) He protects Billy and the girl puppy
3. What item does Billy need to train the dogs as trackers?
(b) A coon skin.
(c) A whistle.
(d) A raccoon.
4. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy in Chapter 8?
5. Why does Billy refuse his father's suggestion of what to do the morning after his pups have treed their first raccoon?
(a) He does not want his father to be injured.
(b) He has given his word to the dogs that he will get the raccoon out.
(c) He is desperate to catch his first coon alone.
(d) He wants to prove he is a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of dog is being attacked by the other dogs in Chapter 1?
2. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
3. What happens to Dan when he and the raccoon fight?
4. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
5. What does the Tahlequah marshal give Billy before he leaves Tahlequah?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)