|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy's grandfather tell him that raccoons cannot resist?
(c) Fallen logs.
(d) Shiny objects.
2. Why does Billy feel badly for scolding Little Ann when they return to the sycamore tree in Chapter 9?
(a) He realizes she is responsible for finding the coon.
(b) He sees that she also returned to the tree during the night.
(c) She is the more sensitive of the two dogs.
(d) She looks sad and despondent.
3. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
(a) A jar.
(b) An old sock.
(c) An old baking powder can.
(d) An old soda can.
4. What does Papa instruct Billy to do to his traps once he has caught his first raccoon?
(a) Move his traps to another location.
(b) Take the traps apart and never hunt again.
(c) Move the traps to the house to save for later.
(d) Take the traps apart and only use the pups to hunt.
5. Based on the unnamed man's actions at the end of Chapter 1, what is likely to be the focus of the Chapter 2?
(a) The man's daily routine.
(b) A flashback to the man's childhood.
(c) The man's search for the redbone hound.
(d) A flashback to the man's marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notice fighting as he walks home?
2. Which of the following is NOT a way that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 helps the dog?
3. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
4. Where does the unnamed man assume the dog in Chapter 1 lives?
5. Which of the following is NOT a realization Billy comes to upon returning home with the puppies?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)