|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy's mother think has happened to him when he comes home yelling after visiting the traps in Chapter 7?
(a) One of the puppies has become injured.
(b) He has caught a raccoon.
(c) He has been bitten by a raccoon.
(d) He has been bitten by a snake.
2. What prevents Billy's parents from buying him the puppies he wants?
(a) They do not want to have pets.
(b) They are not available in the area they live in.
(c) They cannot afford them.
(d) They do not believe he will take care of them.
3. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
(b) Caring for his canary.
(c) Talking to another child.
(d) Putting the puppies.
4. Why does Billy think the sycamore tree falling is an example of divine intervention?
(a) He has a strong faith in God.
(b) The breeze that blows it down does not affect any other tree in the area.
(c) He has prayed for assistance.
(d) He has an unnatural ability to continue chopping despite the pain.
5. How much is Billy able to earn per coonskin?
(a) Up to $10.
(b) Exactly $10.
(d) Up to $100.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy discover about the dogs when he wakes in the morning in Chapter 9?
2. How does Billy react in Chapter 6 when he discovers his mother's concern for his absence?
3. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
4. What does Billy observe the boys at the playground in Tahlequah doing that he wants to try for himself?
5. What does the Tahlequah marshal give Billy before he leaves Tahlequah?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)