|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Old Dan leave Billy's home during the night in Chapter 9?
(a) To swim in the river.
(b) To return to the tree where the coon is.
(c) To find Little Ann.
(d) To track another coon.
2. What information does Billy's father give him in Chapter 6 about town life that surprises Billy?
(a) He intends to move to town to open a store.
(b) He intends to move the family to town at some point in the future.
(c) His father has never been into a town.
(d) His father grew up in a town like Tahlequah.
3. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
4. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
(a) With the money he has saved.
(b) With money he got for his birthday.
(c) By working in his grandfather's store.
(d) With the earnings from the sale of his first coonskin.
5. Why does Billy feel badly for scolding Little Ann when they return to the sycamore tree in Chapter 9?
(a) He realizes she is responsible for finding the coon.
(b) She looks sad and despondent.
(c) She is the more sensitive of the two dogs.
(d) He sees that she also returned to the tree during the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy in Chapter 8?
2. What happens to Old Dan when he follows a raccoon under water during a hunt?
3. Whose bragging helps build Billy's reputation as a hunter?
4. Upon bringing them home, where does Billy intend for the puppies to sleep?
5. What does Billy do each morning when he returns home from hunting?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)