|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Billy's father provide for Billy's inability to catch a raccoon in his new traps?
(a) Billy must wait until his scent dissipates before the raccoons will come.
(b) Billy must set up more traps.
(c) Billy must wait for a raccoon to stumble upon the trap.
(d) Billy needs to be patient because raccoons are hard to find.
2. What does Billy's father suggest he do in the morning after his pups have treed their first raccoon?
(a) Go home to rest and return later in the day to finish chopping the tree.
(b) Go home and have some breakfast while Papa continues chopping the tree.
(c) Take a nap then resume chopping.
(d) Give up and look for another raccoon.
3. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 remove from his mantle while sitting by the fire?
(a) A silver cup and a gold cup.
(b) A photograph of his dogs.
(c) A book.
(d) A silver medal and a gold medal.
4. After Billy's dogs have treed their first raccoon, who arrives later in the day to check on Billy?
(a) Billy's grandfather.
(c) His older sister.
5. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
(a) He cries with joy.
(b) He is stunned that they are actually his now.
(c) He is frightened by their size.
(d) He scoops them up and kisses them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
2. What problem does Billy face when the dogs finally tree a raccoon?
3. What does Little Ann do in Chapter 8 that shows Billy she has not fallen for the raccoon's trick?
4. Why does Billy decide to walk to Tahlequah?
5. How does Billy's sister react to his plan to cut down "The Big Tree"?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)