|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
(a) He agrees to stop asking for the puppies.
(b) He tells his parents he will wait to get the puppies.
(c) He is willing to take on a part time job.
(d) He asks for only one hound puppy.
2. What reason does Billy's father provide for Billy's inability to catch a raccoon in his new traps?
(a) Billy must wait until his scent dissipates before the raccoons will come.
(b) Billy must wait for a raccoon to stumble upon the trap.
(c) Billy needs to be patient because raccoons are hard to find.
(d) Billy must set up more traps.
3. What does Little Ann do in Chapter 8 that shows Billy she has not fallen for the raccoon's trick?
(a) She swims across the river to find his scent.
(b) She runs up a tree to find him.
(c) She follows the original trail instead of the new one that the raccoon lays.
(d) She convinces Old Dan to swim across the river.
4. Why does Billy run away from home?
(a) His parents deny him hound puppies for a second time.
(b) His sisters tease him relentlessly about wanting puppies.
(c) To go purchase two hound puppies.
(d) To pursue a career as a hunter.
5. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
(b) Putting the puppies.
(c) Caring for his canary.
(d) Talking to another child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Dan when he and the raccoon fight?
2. How does the dog in Chapter 1 show the unnamed man he is feeling better?
3. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
4. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
5. What item does Billy need to train the dogs as trackers?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)