|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy's grandfather tell him that raccoons cannot resist?
(a) Shiny objects.
(c) Fallen logs.
2. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
3. What does Billy do to gather strength when he believes he can no longer chop the tree down?
(a) He looks at the faces of his two dogs.
(b) He asks his father for help.
(c) He rests and eats a hot meal.
(d) He prays to God for strength.
4. What did Billy bring to Tahlequah to carry the puppies home in?
(a) A backpack.
(b) A box.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A gunny sack.
5. After Billy's dogs have treed their first raccoon, who arrives later in the day to check on Billy?
(b) His older sister.
(d) Billy's grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
2. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
3. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
4. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
5. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)