|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the individual who visits Billy in the afternoon after his pups have treed their first raccoon bring him?
(a) Fresh clothes.
(b) Lunch and a meal for the dogs.
(c) A new ax blade.
2. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
(a) In Idaho.
(b) In the Appalachian Mountains.
(c) In Texas.
(d) In the Ozark Mountains.
3. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
4. How long does it take Billy to catch his first raccoon in the traps?
(a) Exactly one week.
(b) One day.
(c) More than a month.
(d) More than a week.
5. Why does Billy become disillusioned with his new hunting traps?
(a) He doesn't know how to operate them properly.
(b) He is unable to catch a raccoon.
(c) They break easily.
(d) They are not appropriate for catching raccoons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
2. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
3. What does Billy's grandfather tell him that raccoons cannot resist?
4. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
5. What does Little Ann do in Chapter 8 that shows Billy she has not fallen for the raccoon's trick?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)