|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Billy's parents from buying him the puppies he wants?
(a) They do not want to have pets.
(b) They do not believe he will take care of them.
(c) They cannot afford them.
(d) They are not available in the area they live in.
2. How does Billy characterize Tahlequah when talking with his father in Chapter 6?
(a) As confusing.
(b) As wonderful.
(c) As unpleasant.
(d) As exciting.
3. What information does Billy's father give him in Chapter 6 about town life that surprises Billy?
(a) His father grew up in a town like Tahlequah.
(b) His father has never been into a town.
(c) He intends to move the family to town at some point in the future.
(d) He intends to move to town to open a store.
4. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
(a) As docile.
(b) As courageous.
(c) As weak.
(d) As smart.
5. What problem does Billy face when the dogs finally tree a raccoon?
(a) He is not sure what to do with the dogs while he gets the raccoon out.
(b) He has forgotten his ax.
(c) The raccoon jumps out of the tree.
(d) The tree it is in is the largest in the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
2. Based on the unnamed man's actions at the end of Chapter 1, what is likely to be the focus of the Chapter 2?
3. What does the Tahlequah marshal give Billy before he leaves Tahlequah?
4. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
5. What does Billy's grandfather suggest in Chapter 9 the boy do to keep the coon in the tree while he goes home to rest?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)