|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the items Billy purchases with his final $10 in Chapter 4?
(a) A bag of candy.
(b) Shoes for himself.
(c) Overalls for his father.
(d) Cloth for his mother and sisters.
2. How does Billy characterize Tahlequah when talking with his father in Chapter 6?
(a) As unpleasant.
(b) As wonderful.
(c) As confusing.
(d) As exciting.
3. Why does Old Dan leave Billy's home during the night in Chapter 9?
(a) To find Little Ann.
(b) To track another coon.
(c) To return to the tree where the coon is.
(d) To swim in the river.
4. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
(a) Track raccoons.
(b) Tease his sisters.
(c) Raise puppies.
5. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
(a) He tells his parents he will wait to get the puppies.
(b) He is willing to take on a part time job.
(c) He asks for only one hound puppy.
(d) He agrees to stop asking for the puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
2. Why does Billy decide to chop down the tree in Chapter 8 that the dogs have treed their first raccoon in?
3. What does the individual who visits Billy in the afternoon after his pups have treed their first raccoon bring him?
4. How long does it take Billy to catch his first raccoon in the traps?
5. How does Billy's sister react to his plan to cut down "The Big Tree"?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)