|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama do to help alleviate the muscle pain Billy is experiencing in Chapter 9?
(a) Gives him aspirin.
(b) Tells him to rest.
(c) Gives him a hot bath and a massage.
(d) Gives him a folk medicine pain reliever.
2. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
(a) He tells his parents he will wait to get the puppies.
(b) He is willing to take on a part time job.
(c) He agrees to stop asking for the puppies.
(d) He asks for only one hound puppy.
3. Who helps Billy train the puppies?
(b) His youngest sister.
(c) Billy's grandfather.
(d) His older sister.
4. What does Billy discover about the dogs when he wakes in the morning in Chapter 9?
(a) Little Ann is missing.
(b) Old Dan is missing.
(c) The dogs are more determined than he is.
(d) The dogs are as tired as he is.
5. What item does Billy need to train the dogs as trackers?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A whistle.
(c) A coon skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Little Ann do just as Billy is about to move the dogs to a new location in Chapter 8?
2. What does Billy see for the first time in the general store window in Chapter 4?
3. Where do Billy and the puppies stop to rest on their journey home from Tahlequah?
4. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
5. Who arrives to check on Billy in Chapter 8 when he has not returned home from hunting by morning?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)