|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy's grandfather believe the price of coonskins will increase?
(a) Coonskins are becoming more rare.
(b) Coonskin hats have become popular.
(c) There are less hunters than there were before.
(d) Coonskin coats have become popular.
2. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 remove from his mantle while sitting by the fire?
(a) A book.
(b) A silver medal and a gold medal.
(c) A photograph of his dogs.
(d) A silver cup and a gold cup.
3. Who does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notice fighting as he walks home?
(a) Two boys.
(d) A man and a woman.
4. What does Billy observe the boys at the playground in Tahlequah doing that he wants to try for himself?
(a) Sliding down a pipe.
(b) Playing ball.
(c) Swinging on the swings.
5. What does Little Ann do just as Billy is about to move the dogs to a new location in Chapter 8?
(a) She begins barking.
(b) She trees a coon.
(c) She crosses the river.
(d) She finds the coon's trail again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a realization Billy comes to upon returning home with the puppies?
2. What happens to Dan when he and the raccoon fight?
3. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
4. How does Billy characterize Tahlequah when talking with his father in Chapter 6?
5. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)