|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
(b) A coonskin hat.
(c) A collie puppy.
(d) A kitten.
2. What does Billy's mother think has happened to him when he comes home yelling after visiting the traps in Chapter 7?
(a) He has been bitten by a snake.
(b) One of the puppies has become injured.
(c) He has been bitten by a raccoon.
(d) He has caught a raccoon.
3. Why does Billy decide to walk to Tahlequah?
(a) He doesn't want to inconvenience his grandfather.
(b) He wants to inspect the puppies.
(c) He doesn't have the heart to tell his father about the puppies.
(d) He cannot stand to wait a week to pick up the puppies.
4. Why do the children at the playground in Tahlequah make fun of Billy?
(a) His hair needs to be cut.
(b) They say he looks like a hillbilly because he is not wearing shoes.
(c) They can tell he lives in another state.
(d) He is not attending school.
5. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
(a) With the money he has saved.
(b) By working in his grandfather's store.
(c) With the earnings from the sale of his first coonskin.
(d) With money he got for his birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
2. What does Billy observe the boys at the playground in Tahlequah doing that he wants to try for himself?
3. How does Billy react in Chapter 6 when he discovers his mother's concern for his absence?
4. What does Billy decide to name the puppies?
5. How does Billy's sister react to his plan to cut down "The Big Tree"?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)