|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy's grandfather suggest in Chapter 9 the boy do to keep the coon in the tree while he goes home to rest?
(a) Tie the dogs to the tree.
(b) Construct and place a scarecrow at the base of the tree.
(c) Take the dogs home with him.
(d) Command the dogs to lie down at the base of the tree.
2. What does Little Ann do just as Billy is about to move the dogs to a new location in Chapter 8?
(a) She trees a coon.
(b) She begins barking.
(c) She finds the coon's trail again.
(d) She crosses the river.
3. What is unique about the area that Billy's family lives in when he is young?
(a) It is the best hunting land in the country.
(b) It is near a river.
(c) It is remote.
(d) It is isolated and rural.
4. Who helps Billy train the puppies?
(a) His youngest sister.
(b) His older sister.
(c) Billy's grandfather.
5. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
(a) Lend Billy the money to purchase the puppies.
(b) Place the order for the dogs.
(c) Contact the kennel to make sure they are still in business.
(d) Keep Billy's plan to purchase the puppies a secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy react when the women in Tahlequah criticize him while walking through town with his puppies?
2. What does the dog's presence in Chapter 1 awaken in the unnamed man?
3. What does the Tahlequah marshal give Billy before he leaves Tahlequah?
4. How does Billy react to the town of Tahlequah?
5. Why does Billy think the sycamore tree falling is an example of divine intervention?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)