|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the general store owner offer Billy a pair of shoes?
(a) He knows Billy cannot afford new shoes.
(b) He is barefooted.
(c) His shoes are wet from his walk.
(d) His shoes are torn.
2. Which of the following is NOT a realization Billy comes to upon returning home with the puppies?
(a) His parents truly love him.
(b) His home is a peaceful place.
(c) His family's home is clean and neat.
(d) His parents were not concerned when he was gone.
3. What does Billy do to gather strength when he believes he can no longer chop the tree down?
(a) He looks at the faces of his two dogs.
(b) He asks his father for help.
(c) He prays to God for strength.
(d) He rests and eats a hot meal.
4. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
(a) He thinks the marshal will also hit him.
(b) He is afraid the marshal will confiscate the puppies.
(c) He is afraid the marshal will put him in jail for fighting.
(d) He thinks the marshal will arrest him.
5. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 remove from his mantle while sitting by the fire?
(a) A photograph of his dogs.
(b) A silver cup and a gold cup.
(c) A book.
(d) A silver medal and a gold medal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
2. Why does Billy run away from home?
3. How does Billy react in Chapter 6 when he discovers his mother's concern for his absence?
4. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
5. Which of the following is NOT a way that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 helps the dog?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)