|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
(a) At a depot in Kentucky.
(b) At a depot in Oklahoma.
(c) At the kennel he ordered them from.
(d) At his grandfather's store.
2. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
(a) A coonskin hat.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A collie puppy.
3. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
4. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
(a) As weak.
(b) As smart.
(c) As docile.
(d) As courageous.
5. Why does Billy decide to walk to Tahlequah?
(a) He wants to inspect the puppies.
(b) He cannot stand to wait a week to pick up the puppies.
(c) He doesn't want to inconvenience his grandfather.
(d) He doesn't have the heart to tell his father about the puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
2. After Billy's dogs have treed their first raccoon, who arrives later in the day to check on Billy?
3. After purchasing the puppies, who does Billy credit with his good fortune in Chapter 6?
4. How does the dog in Chapter 1 show the unnamed man he is feeling better?
5. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)