|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
(a) A deer.
(b) Samie, the pet cat.
(c) Several raccoons.
2. Why does the general store owner offer Billy a pair of shoes?
(a) He is barefooted.
(b) His shoes are torn.
(c) He knows Billy cannot afford new shoes.
(d) His shoes are wet from his walk.
3. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
4. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
(a) A Collie.
(b) A Coon Hound.
(c) A Labrador Retriever.
(d) A Redbone Hound.
5. What does Billy seemingly randomly ask his family that shocks and entertains them in Chapter 4?
(a) For a ride to Kentucky.
(b) How far it is to Kentucky.
(c) For a haircut.
(d) When he can get his puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
2. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
3. After purchasing the puppies, who does Billy credit with his good fortune in Chapter 6?
4. Where do Billy and the puppies stop to rest on their journey home from Tahlequah?
5. What fear must Billy help the puppies overcome?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)