|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy's grandfather tell Billy he will need to have to finish cutting down the tree?
(a) Focus and determination.
(b) Faith in God.
(c) Determination and will power.
(d) A new ax.
2. How many years has it been since the unnamed man in Chapter 1 first met his two dogs?
(a) More than 20 years.
(b) More than 25 years.
(c) More than 50 years.
(d) More than 5 years.
3. After Billy's dogs have treed their first raccoon, who arrives later in the day to check on Billy?
(c) His older sister.
(d) Billy's grandfather.
4. What does Billy's mother think has happened to him when he comes home yelling after visiting the traps in Chapter 7?
(a) He has been bitten by a raccoon.
(b) He has caught a raccoon.
(c) He has been bitten by a snake.
(d) One of the puppies has become injured.
5. How does Billy's sister react to his plan to cut down "The Big Tree"?
(a) She is angry at him for worrying Mama.
(b) She admires him.
(c) She thinks he is crazy.
(d) She is confident he can accomplish the task.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Billy when he tries to join in with the activity the children at the playground in Tahlequah are participating in?
2. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
3. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
4. Why does Billy refuse his father's suggestion of what to do the morning after his pups have treed their first raccoon?
5. Which of the following is NOT a way that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 helps the dog?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)