|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy see for the first time in the general store window in Chapter 4?
(a) A double-barreled gun.
(b) His puppies.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A buggy.
2. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
(a) As weak.
(b) As courageous.
(c) As docile.
(d) As smart.
3. What prevents Billy's parents from buying him the puppies he wants?
(a) They do not believe he will take care of them.
(b) They cannot afford them.
(c) They are not available in the area they live in.
(d) They do not want to have pets.
4. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
(a) An old sock.
(b) A jar.
(c) An old soda can.
(d) An old baking powder can.
5. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Billy's dogs have treed their first raccoon, who arrives later in the day to check on Billy?
2. How does Billy's grandfather help him get the item he needs to train the dogs as trackers?
3. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
4. How did Billy's father discover he had traveled to Tahlequah to pick up the puppies?
5. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)