|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the general store owner offer Billy a pair of shoes?
(a) His shoes are wet from his walk.
(b) He knows Billy cannot afford new shoes.
(c) He is barefooted.
(d) His shoes are torn.
2. What reason does Billy's father provide for Billy's inability to catch a raccoon in his new traps?
(a) Billy must wait until his scent dissipates before the raccoons will come.
(b) Billy needs to be patient because raccoons are hard to find.
(c) Billy must wait for a raccoon to stumble upon the trap.
(d) Billy must set up more traps.
3. How does Billy react to the town of Tahlequah?
(a) He is frightened.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is overwhelmed.
4. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
(a) She is disgusted by his appearance.
(b) She reports him to the school principal.
(c) She rushes over to help him.
(d) She laughs at him.
5. Why does Billy feel badly for scolding Little Ann when they return to the sycamore tree in Chapter 9?
(a) She is the more sensitive of the two dogs.
(b) He realizes she is responsible for finding the coon.
(c) She looks sad and despondent.
(d) He sees that she also returned to the tree during the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Tahlequah marshal give Billy before he leaves Tahlequah?
2. How long does it take Billy to catch his first raccoon in the traps?
3. What item does Billy need to train the dogs as trackers?
4. What does Little Ann do just as Billy is about to move the dogs to a new location in Chapter 8?
5. What does Billy seemingly randomly ask his family that shocks and entertains them in Chapter 4?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)