|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy choose the particular names for the puppies that he does?
(a) They are his grandparents' names.
(b) He sees them carved on a tree at the campsite where he found the sportsman's magazine.
(c) His sisters choose the names.
(d) He saw them in an old sportsman's magazine.
2. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
(a) As weak.
(b) As smart.
(c) As docile.
(d) As courageous.
3. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
(a) She laughs at him.
(b) She rushes over to help him.
(c) She is disgusted by his appearance.
(d) She reports him to the school principal.
4. How does Billy react when the women in Tahlequah criticize him while walking through town with his puppies?
(a) He ignores their comments.
(b) He gets into a fight with the women.
(c) He makes fun of the feathers in their hats.
(d) He begins crying.
5. Why does the general store owner offer Billy a pair of shoes?
(a) His shoes are torn.
(b) His shoes are wet from his walk.
(c) He is barefooted.
(d) He knows Billy cannot afford new shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy refuse his father's suggestion of what to do the morning after his pups have treed their first raccoon?
2. Why does Old Dan leave Billy's home during the night in Chapter 9?
3. What does Billy's grandfather tell him that raccoons cannot resist?
4. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
5. Where does Billy camp with the puppies in Chapter 5?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)