|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
(a) The male dog is larger than the female dog.
(b) The female dog is larger than the male dog.
(c) Both of the dogs are smaller than he expected.
(d) Both dogs are larger than he expected.
2. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
(a) At a depot in Kentucky.
(b) At the kennel he ordered them from.
(c) At a depot in Oklahoma.
(d) At his grandfather's store.
3. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
(a) Talking to another child.
(b) Putting the puppies.
(d) Caring for his canary.
4. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
(a) He tells his parents he will wait to get the puppies.
(b) He agrees to stop asking for the puppies.
(c) He is willing to take on a part time job.
(d) He asks for only one hound puppy.
5. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an attribute that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notices when examining the dog?
2. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 remove from his mantle while sitting by the fire?
3. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
4. Why does Billy become disillusioned with his new hunting traps?
5. Why does Billy's mother punish him in Chapter 7?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)