|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the children at the playground in Tahlequah make fun of Billy?
(a) He is not attending school.
(b) His hair needs to be cut.
(c) They can tell he lives in another state.
(d) They say he looks like a hillbilly because he is not wearing shoes.
2. What does the dog's presence in Chapter 1 awaken in the unnamed man?
(a) Childhood memories of his two dogs.
(b) Feelings of loneliness.
(c) A long forgotten fondness for animals.
(d) Childhood memories of his cats.
3. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
(b) A hound puppy.
(c) A sportsman's magazine.
(d) An old tent.
4. What does Billy's grandfather tell him that raccoons cannot resist?
(a) Shiny objects.
(d) Fallen logs.
5. Why does Billy apologize to the sycamore tree?
(a) He believes God destroyed it for him.
(b) He is ambivalent about hunting.
(c) He injured it severely by chopping it, yet was unable to chop it down.
(d) He had to destroy it to honor his promise to the dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy tell his mother is the reason why he was able to get the puppies?
2. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
3. Where does Billy camp with the puppies in Chapter 5?
4. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
5. What does Billy use to make collars for the puppies?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)