|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
(a) The boy makes fun of Billy's appearance.
(b) The boy tries to steal the puppies.
(c) The boy steps on Billy's bare foot with his cowboy boot.
(d) The boy pulls the ears of one of the puppies.
2. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
(a) Several raccoons.
(b) A deer.
(c) Samie, the pet cat.
3. How does Billy react when the women in Tahlequah criticize him while walking through town with his puppies?
(a) He makes fun of the feathers in their hats.
(b) He gets into a fight with the women.
(c) He ignores their comments.
(d) He begins crying.
4. Why does Billy decide to chop down the tree in Chapter 8 that the dogs have treed their first raccoon in?
(a) The dogs will not leave the raccoon they have trapped in the tree.
(b) He is desperate to catch his first raccoon.
(c) The tree is in the way of the raccoon.
(d) He is self assured and confident.
5. Why does Billy's grandfather believe the price of coonskins will increase?
(a) Coonskins are becoming more rare.
(b) Coonskin coats have become popular.
(c) Coonskin hats have become popular.
(d) There are less hunters than there were before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Dan when he and the raccoon fight?
2. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
3. After Billy's dogs have treed their first raccoon, who arrives later in the day to check on Billy?
4. What reason does Billy's father provide for Billy's inability to catch a raccoon in his new traps?
5. What fear must Billy help the puppies overcome?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)