|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a way that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 helps the dog?
(a) He bathes and feeds him.
(b) He allows him to rest.
(c) He rescues him from the pack of dogs who are attacking him.
(d) He takes him to a vet.
2. What does Billy discover about the dogs when he wakes in the morning in Chapter 9?
(a) The dogs are as tired as he is.
(b) Old Dan is missing.
(c) The dogs are more determined than he is.
(d) Little Ann is missing.
3. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
(a) He barks at the cries of a mountain lion
(b) He protects Billy and the girl puppy
(c) He chases a raccoon
(d) He chases a mountain lion
4. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
(a) A Coon Hound.
(b) A Collie.
(c) A Labrador Retriever.
(d) A Redbone Hound.
5. What does Mama do to help alleviate the muscle pain Billy is experiencing in Chapter 9?
(a) Gives him a folk medicine pain reliever.
(b) Tells him to rest.
(c) Gives him a hot bath and a massage.
(d) Gives him aspirin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the children at the playground in Tahlequah make fun of Billy?
2. Why does Billy feel badly for scolding Little Ann when they return to the sycamore tree in Chapter 9?
3. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
4. What is unique about the area that Billy's family lives in when he is young?
5. What information does Billy's father give him in Chapter 6 about town life that surprises Billy?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)