|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many traps does Billy set up near the river in Chapter 7?
2. What does Billy seemingly randomly ask his family that shocks and entertains them in Chapter 4?
(a) For a ride to Kentucky.
(b) For a haircut.
(c) When he can get his puppies.
(d) How far it is to Kentucky.
3. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
(b) Tease his sisters.
(c) Raise puppies.
(d) Track raccoons.
4. What does Mama do to help alleviate the muscle pain Billy is experiencing in Chapter 9?
(a) Tells him to rest.
(b) Gives him aspirin.
(c) Gives him a hot bath and a massage.
(d) Gives him a folk medicine pain reliever.
5. What information does Billy's father give him in Chapter 6 about town life that surprises Billy?
(a) His father has never been into a town.
(b) He intends to move to town to open a store.
(c) His father grew up in a town like Tahlequah.
(d) He intends to move the family to town at some point in the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the items Billy purchases with his final $10 in Chapter 4?
3. Why does Billy's grandfather believe the price of coonskins will increase?
4. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
5. What does Billy's grandfather tell Billy he will need to have to finish cutting down the tree?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)