|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Billy bring to Tahlequah to carry the puppies home in?
(a) A box.
(b) A backpack.
(c) A gunny sack.
(d) A wagon.
2. Why does Old Dan leave Billy's home during the night in Chapter 9?
(a) To return to the tree where the coon is.
(b) To track another coon.
(c) To find Little Ann.
(d) To swim in the river.
3. What does Billy seemingly randomly ask his family that shocks and entertains them in Chapter 4?
(a) How far it is to Kentucky.
(b) When he can get his puppies.
(c) For a ride to Kentucky.
(d) For a haircut.
4. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
(a) He thinks the marshal will arrest him.
(b) He is afraid the marshal will confiscate the puppies.
(c) He is afraid the marshal will put him in jail for fighting.
(d) He thinks the marshal will also hit him.
5. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
2. How does Billy's sister react to his plan to cut down "The Big Tree"?
3. Why does Billy decide to chop down the tree in Chapter 8 that the dogs have treed their first raccoon in?
4. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
5. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)