|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
(a) He sells vegetables.
(b) He picks berries to sell at his grandfather's store.
(c) He catches and sells bait to fishermen.
(d) He works in the fields with his father.
2. Why does Billy's mother punish him in Chapter 7?
(a) For going hunting without permission.
(b) For leaving to pick up the puppies without telling her.
(c) For taking a tin can from the junk pile without permission.
(d) For using her good scissors to cut a tin can.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the items Billy purchases with his final $10 in Chapter 4?
(a) A bag of candy.
(b) Shoes for himself.
(c) Cloth for his mother and sisters.
(d) Overalls for his father.
4. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
(a) He barks at the cries of a mountain lion
(b) He chases a mountain lion
(c) He protects Billy and the girl puppy
(d) He chases a raccoon
5. Which of the following is NOT a way that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 helps the dog?
(a) He allows him to rest.
(b) He bathes and feeds him.
(c) He rescues him from the pack of dogs who are attacking him.
(d) He takes him to a vet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
2. Why does Billy think the sycamore tree falling is an example of divine intervention?
3. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
4. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
5. Why does the general store owner offer Billy a pair of shoes?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)