|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy's grandfather tell him that raccoons cannot resist?
(c) Fallen logs.
(d) Shiny objects.
2. What information does Billy's father give him in Chapter 6 about town life that surprises Billy?
(a) His father has never been into a town.
(b) He intends to move to town to open a store.
(c) He intends to move the family to town at some point in the future.
(d) His father grew up in a town like Tahlequah.
3. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
(a) It contains an article about hound puppies.
(b) It contains an ad for hound puppies.
(c) It contains valuable hunting tips.
(d) It is outdated.
4. How does Billy characterize Tahlequah when talking with his father in Chapter 6?
(a) As confusing.
(b) As exciting.
(c) As unpleasant.
(d) As wonderful.
5. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 conclude about the dog after noticing his paws are worn?
(a) He has walked through the woods.
(b) He has been abused.
(c) He has traveled a long way.
(d) He has been taken hunting many times.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
2. How does the dog in Chapter 1 show the unnamed man he is feeling better?
3. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
4. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
5. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)