|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
(a) In the Appalachian Mountains.
(b) In the Ozark Mountains.
(c) In Texas.
(d) In Idaho.
2. How does Billy characterize Tahlequah when talking with his father in Chapter 6?
(a) As unpleasant.
(b) As wonderful.
(c) As confusing.
(d) As exciting.
3. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
(a) Lend Billy the money to purchase the puppies.
(b) Contact the kennel to make sure they are still in business.
(c) Keep Billy's plan to purchase the puppies a secret.
(d) Place the order for the dogs.
4. What type of dog is being attacked by the other dogs in Chapter 1?
(a) A retriever.
(b) An Irish setter.
(c) A bloodhound.
(d) A redbone hound dog.
5. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
(a) By working in the fields with him.
(b) By performing chores around the house.
(c) By taking care of his sisters.
(d) By not asking him for the puppies any longer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
2. Why does Billy decide to walk to Tahlequah?
3. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
4. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
5. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)