|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
(a) He catches and sells bait to fishermen.
(b) He picks berries to sell at his grandfather's store.
(c) He sells vegetables.
(d) He works in the fields with his father.
2. What information does Billy's father give him in Chapter 6 about town life that surprises Billy?
(a) His father has never been into a town.
(b) His father grew up in a town like Tahlequah.
(c) He intends to move to town to open a store.
(d) He intends to move the family to town at some point in the future.
3. Why does the general store owner offer Billy a pair of shoes?
(a) His shoes are torn.
(b) His shoes are wet from his walk.
(c) He knows Billy cannot afford new shoes.
(d) He is barefooted.
4. How did Billy's father discover he had traveled to Tahlequah to pick up the puppies?
(a) He received a phone call from the Tahlequah depot stationmaster.
(b) He talked to Billy's grandfather.
(c) He received a letter from the Tahlequah deport stationmaster.
(d) He was unaware of Billy's travels until the boy returned home.
5. How many traps does Billy set up near the river in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Billy when he tries to join in with the activity the children at the playground in Tahlequah are participating in?
2. What fear must Billy help the puppies overcome?
3. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
4. Where do Billy and the puppies stop to rest on their journey home from Tahlequah?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the items Billy purchases with his final $10 in Chapter 4?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)