|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Dan when he and the raccoon fight?
(a) He is fine. The raccoon is injured.
(b) His paw is cut.
(c) He is bit by the raccoon.
(d) His nose is split open.
2. What prevents Billy's parents from buying him the puppies he wants?
(a) They do not believe he will take care of them.
(b) They cannot afford them.
(c) They are not available in the area they live in.
(d) They do not want to have pets.
3. What does Billy tell his mother is the reason why he was able to get the puppies?
(a) God answered his prayer.
(b) His grandfather surprised him with the puppies.
(c) He earned the money over three summers.
(d) He borrowed money from his grandfather.
4. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
(a) With money he got for his birthday.
(b) With the earnings from the sale of his first coonskin.
(c) By working in his grandfather's store.
(d) With the money he has saved.
5. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
(a) She laughs at him.
(b) She reports him to the school principal.
(c) She is disgusted by his appearance.
(d) She rushes over to help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy use to make collars for the puppies?
2. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
3. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
4. What does Billy seemingly randomly ask his family that shocks and entertains them in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Billy decide to walk to Tahlequah?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)