|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Billy when he tries to join in with the activity the children at the playground in Tahlequah are participating in?
(a) He splatters on to the ground.
(b) He is too frightened to slide down.
(c) The children laugh at him.
(d) He gets caught on the pipe.
2. Why does Billy's mother punish him in Chapter 7?
(a) For leaving to pick up the puppies without telling her.
(b) For taking a tin can from the junk pile without permission.
(c) For going hunting without permission.
(d) For using her good scissors to cut a tin can.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the items Billy purchases with his final $10 in Chapter 4?
(a) A bag of candy.
(b) Overalls for his father.
(c) Cloth for his mother and sisters.
(d) Shoes for himself.
4. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 conclude about the dog after noticing his paws are worn?
(a) He has traveled a long way.
(b) He has been taken hunting many times.
(c) He has walked through the woods.
(d) He has been abused.
5. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 remove from his mantle while sitting by the fire?
(a) A silver medal and a gold medal.
(b) A silver cup and a gold cup.
(c) A photograph of his dogs.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
2. What is unique about the area that Billy's family lives in when he is young?
3. What does Billy decide to name the puppies?
4. Who helps Billy train the puppies?
5. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)