|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
(a) In the Appalachian Mountains.
(b) In Texas.
(c) In the Ozark Mountains.
(d) In Idaho.
2. Which of the following is NOT an attribute that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notices when examining the dog?
(a) He has unusual markings.
(b) His paws are worn.
(c) He is muddy.
(d) He looks malnourished.
3. Why does the general store owner offer Billy a pair of shoes?
(a) He is barefooted.
(b) He knows Billy cannot afford new shoes.
(c) His shoes are wet from his walk.
(d) His shoes are torn.
4. What type of dog is being attacked by the other dogs in Chapter 1?
(a) An Irish setter.
(b) A retriever.
(c) A redbone hound dog.
(d) A bloodhound.
5. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
(a) His interest in hunting.
(b) His willingness to stick up for his puppies.
(c) His self-assured attitude.
(d) His willingness to work hard to purchase the puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
2. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
3. What does the dog's presence in Chapter 1 awaken in the unnamed man?
4. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
5. Which of the following is NOT a way that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 helps the dog?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)