|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy's grandfather tell him that raccoons cannot resist?
(b) Fallen logs.
(d) Shiny objects.
2. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
(a) She is disgusted by his appearance.
(b) She reports him to the school principal.
(c) She rushes over to help him.
(d) She laughs at him.
3. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
(a) A hound puppy.
(b) A sportsman's magazine.
(d) An old tent.
4. What does Billy use to make collars for the puppies?
(b) Pieces of his fathers' check lines.
(c) Leather from old shoes.
(d) Bailing wire.
5. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
(a) His willingness to stick up for his puppies.
(b) His willingness to work hard to purchase the puppies.
(c) His interest in hunting.
(d) His self-assured attitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
2. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
3. What item does Billy need to train the dogs as trackers?
4. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
5. Which of the following is NOT an attribute that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notices when examining the dog?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)