|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 remove from his mantle while sitting by the fire?
(a) A silver medal and a gold medal.
(b) A photograph of his dogs.
(c) A silver cup and a gold cup.
(d) A book.
2. Why do the children at the playground in Tahlequah make fun of Billy?
(a) They can tell he lives in another state.
(b) His hair needs to be cut.
(c) They say he looks like a hillbilly because he is not wearing shoes.
(d) He is not attending school.
3. What does Billy decide to name the puppies?
(a) Daniel and Annabelle.
(b) Boy and Girl.
(c) Billy and Megan.
(d) Dan and Ann.
4. What happens to Billy when he tries to join in with the activity the children at the playground in Tahlequah are participating in?
(a) He splatters on to the ground.
(b) He gets caught on the pipe.
(c) The children laugh at him.
(d) He is too frightened to slide down.
5. What does Billy see for the first time in the general store window in Chapter 4?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A double-barreled gun.
(c) A buggy.
(d) His puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dog's presence in Chapter 1 awaken in the unnamed man?
2. What information does Billy's father give him in Chapter 6 about town life that surprises Billy?
3. Why does Billy run away from home?
4. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
5. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)