|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
(a) Keep Billy's plan to purchase the puppies a secret.
(b) Place the order for the dogs.
(c) Lend Billy the money to purchase the puppies.
(d) Contact the kennel to make sure they are still in business.
2. Why does Billy become disillusioned with his new hunting traps?
(a) He is unable to catch a raccoon.
(b) He doesn't know how to operate them properly.
(c) They are not appropriate for catching raccoons.
(d) They break easily.
3. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
(a) A collie puppy.
(b) A coonskin hat.
(c) A kitten.
4. Why does Billy run away from home?
(a) His sisters tease him relentlessly about wanting puppies.
(b) To pursue a career as a hunter.
(c) His parents deny him hound puppies for a second time.
(d) To go purchase two hound puppies.
5. Why does Billy's mother punish him in Chapter 7?
(a) For leaving to pick up the puppies without telling her.
(b) For using her good scissors to cut a tin can.
(c) For going hunting without permission.
(d) For taking a tin can from the junk pile without permission.
Short Answer Questions
1. After purchasing the puppies, who does Billy credit with his good fortune in Chapter 6?
2. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
3. What prevents Billy's parents from buying him the puppies he wants?
4. What does Papa instruct Billy to do to his traps once he has caught his first raccoon?
5. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)