|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
(a) Eats it on the way home.
(b) Shares it with his entire family.
(c) Hides it from his sisters.
(d) Shares it with his sisters.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the items Billy purchases with his final $10 in Chapter 4?
(a) Overalls for his father.
(b) A bag of candy.
(c) Cloth for his mother and sisters.
(d) Shoes for himself.
3. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
4. How does the dog in Chapter 1 show the unnamed man he is feeling better?
(a) He licks him.
(b) He leaves to walk back home.
(c) He eats a large amount of food.
(d) He makes himself at home in the man's house.
5. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
(a) A coonskin hat.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A collie puppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy tell his mother is the reason why he was able to get the puppies?
2. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
3. What does Billy decide to name the puppies?
4. What does the Tahlequah marshal give Billy before he leaves Tahlequah?
5. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)