|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has it been since the unnamed man in Chapter 1 first met his two dogs?
(a) More than 50 years.
(b) More than 20 years.
(c) More than 5 years.
(d) More than 25 years.
2. What did Billy bring to Tahlequah to carry the puppies home in?
(a) A gunny sack.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A box.
(d) A backpack.
3. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
4. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
(a) An old tent.
(c) A sportsman's magazine.
(d) A hound puppy.
5. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
(a) As courageous.
(b) As docile.
(c) As weak.
(d) As smart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about the area that Billy's family lives in when he is young?
2. What does Billy decide to name the puppies?
3. Why does Billy run away from home?
4. Why does Billy become disillusioned with his new hunting traps?
5. What does Billy tell his mother is the reason why he was able to get the puppies?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)