|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
(a) The male dog is larger than the female dog.
(b) The female dog is larger than the male dog.
(c) Both dogs are larger than he expected.
(d) Both of the dogs are smaller than he expected.
2. Which of the following is NOT an attribute that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notices when examining the dog?
(a) He has unusual markings.
(b) His paws are worn.
(c) He is muddy.
(d) He looks malnourished.
3. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
(a) Putting the puppies.
(b) Caring for his canary.
(d) Talking to another child.
4. Which of the following is NOT a way that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 helps the dog?
(a) He bathes and feeds him.
(b) He rescues him from the pack of dogs who are attacking him.
(c) He takes him to a vet.
(d) He allows him to rest.
5. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
(a) He is unable to complete his chores.
(b) He stops speaking.
(c) He becomes angry and violent.
(d) He loses his appetite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
2. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
3. How does the dog in Chapter 1 show the unnamed man he is feeling better?
4. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
5. How does Billy characterize Tahlequah when talking with his father in Chapter 6?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)