|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
(a) He is willing to take on a part time job.
(b) He tells his parents he will wait to get the puppies.
(c) He asks for only one hound puppy.
(d) He agrees to stop asking for the puppies.
2. Who helps Billy train the puppies?
(b) His older sister.
(c) Billy's grandfather.
(d) His youngest sister.
3. What did Billy bring to Tahlequah to carry the puppies home in?
(a) A backpack.
(b) A gunny sack.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A box.
4. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
(a) A Coon Hound.
(b) A Labrador Retriever.
(c) A Redbone Hound.
(d) A Collie.
5. What prevents Billy's parents from buying him the puppies he wants?
(a) They cannot afford them.
(b) They do not believe he will take care of them.
(c) They are not available in the area they live in.
(d) They do not want to have pets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Billy camp with the puppies in Chapter 5?
2. What does Billy's mother think has happened to him when he comes home yelling after visiting the traps in Chapter 7?
3. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
4. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
5. Which of the following is NOT a way that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 helps the dog?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)