|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
(a) Two dogs.
(b) A dog.
(c) A gun.
(d) A brother.
2. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
(a) A hound puppy.
(b) An old tent.
(c) A sportsman's magazine.
3. Which of the following is NOT a realization Billy comes to upon returning home with the puppies?
(a) His parents were not concerned when he was gone.
(b) His home is a peaceful place.
(c) His family's home is clean and neat.
(d) His parents truly love him.
4. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
(a) In Idaho.
(b) In the Ozark Mountains.
(c) In the Appalachian Mountains.
(d) In Texas.
5. How many years has it been since the unnamed man in Chapter 1 first met his two dogs?
(a) More than 50 years.
(b) More than 25 years.
(c) More than 5 years.
(d) More than 20 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the unnamed man assume the dog in Chapter 1 lives?
2. What does the Tahlequah marshal give Billy before he leaves Tahlequah?
3. Upon bringing them home, where does Billy intend for the puppies to sleep?
4. How does Billy's grandfather help him get the item he needs to train the dogs as trackers?
5. Where does Billy camp with the puppies in Chapter 5?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)