|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
(a) He is unable to complete his chores.
(b) He becomes angry and violent.
(c) He stops speaking.
(d) He loses his appetite.
2. What does Billy seemingly randomly ask his family that shocks and entertains them in Chapter 4?
(a) How far it is to Kentucky.
(b) For a haircut.
(c) When he can get his puppies.
(d) For a ride to Kentucky.
3. Where does the unnamed man assume the dog in Chapter 1 lives?
(b) Snake River.
(c) The Ozark Mountains.
(d) In the woods.
4. What item does Billy need to train the dogs as trackers?
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A coon skin.
(d) A whistle.
5. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
(a) In Idaho.
(b) In Texas.
(c) In the Ozark Mountains.
(d) In the Appalachian Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Billy's father give him in Chapter 6 about town life that surprises Billy?
2. Why does Billy run away from home?
3. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
4. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
5. How does Billy's grandfather help him get the item he needs to train the dogs as trackers?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)