|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Billy's parents from buying him the puppies he wants?
(a) They do not believe he will take care of them.
(b) They do not want to have pets.
(c) They are not available in the area they live in.
(d) They cannot afford them.
2. Why does the general store owner offer Billy a pair of shoes?
(a) He knows Billy cannot afford new shoes.
(b) His shoes are wet from his walk.
(c) His shoes are torn.
(d) He is barefooted.
3. What does Billy see for the first time in the general store window in Chapter 4?
(a) A double-barreled gun.
(b) A buggy.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) His puppies.
4. Who does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notice fighting as he walks home?
(a) A man and a woman.
(d) Two boys.
5. Based on the unnamed man's actions at the end of Chapter 1, what is likely to be the focus of the Chapter 2?
(a) The man's daily routine.
(b) The man's search for the redbone hound.
(c) A flashback to the man's marriage.
(d) A flashback to the man's childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
2. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
3. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
4. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
5. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)