|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an attribute that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notices when examining the dog?
(a) He has unusual markings.
(b) His paws are worn.
(c) He is muddy.
(d) He looks malnourished.
2. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
(a) The male dog is larger than the female dog.
(b) The female dog is larger than the male dog.
(c) Both of the dogs are smaller than he expected.
(d) Both dogs are larger than he expected.
3. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
(a) She reports him to the school principal.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She is disgusted by his appearance.
(d) She rushes over to help him.
4. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
(a) He is willing to take on a part time job.
(b) He asks for only one hound puppy.
(c) He tells his parents he will wait to get the puppies.
(d) He agrees to stop asking for the puppies.
5. Which of the following is NOT a way that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 helps the dog?
(a) He bathes and feeds him.
(b) He rescues him from the pack of dogs who are attacking him.
(c) He takes him to a vet.
(d) He allows him to rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
2. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
3. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
4. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
5. What type of dog is being attacked by the other dogs in Chapter 1?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)