|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
2. Why does Billy run away from home?
(a) His parents deny him hound puppies for a second time.
(b) To pursue a career as a hunter.
(c) His sisters tease him relentlessly about wanting puppies.
(d) To go purchase two hound puppies.
3. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
(a) She is disgusted by his appearance.
(b) She reports him to the school principal.
(c) She rushes over to help him.
(d) She laughs at him.
4. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
(a) At his grandfather's store.
(b) At the kennel he ordered them from.
(c) At a depot in Kentucky.
(d) At a depot in Oklahoma.
5. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
(a) He is unable to complete his chores.
(b) He stops speaking.
(c) He becomes angry and violent.
(d) He loses his appetite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
2. How does Billy's grandfather help him get the item he needs to train the dogs as trackers?
3. What reason does Billy's father provide for Billy's inability to catch a raccoon in his new traps?
4. Which of the following is NOT a realization Billy comes to upon returning home with the puppies?
5. Where do Billy and the puppies stop to rest on their journey home from Tahlequah?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)