|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Billy to catch his first raccoon in the traps?
(a) One day.
(b) More than a week.
(c) Exactly one week.
(d) More than a month.
2. Why does Billy choose the particular names for the puppies that he does?
(a) His sisters choose the names.
(b) They are his grandparents' names.
(c) He sees them carved on a tree at the campsite where he found the sportsman's magazine.
(d) He saw them in an old sportsman's magazine.
3. What happens to Billy when he tries to join in with the activity the children at the playground in Tahlequah are participating in?
(a) The children laugh at him.
(b) He gets caught on the pipe.
(c) He is too frightened to slide down.
(d) He splatters on to the ground.
4. Where does the unnamed man assume the dog in Chapter 1 lives?
(a) Snake River.
(c) The Ozark Mountains.
(d) In the woods.
5. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
(a) By performing chores around the house.
(b) By taking care of his sisters.
(c) By not asking him for the puppies any longer.
(d) By working in the fields with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about the area that Billy's family lives in when he is young?
2. How does Billy react in Chapter 6 when he discovers his mother's concern for his absence?
3. Why do the children at the playground in Tahlequah make fun of Billy?
4. How does the dog in Chapter 1 show the unnamed man he is feeling better?
5. How many years has it been since the unnamed man in Chapter 1 first met his two dogs?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)