|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
(a) Both dogs are larger than he expected.
(b) The female dog is larger than the male dog.
(c) Both of the dogs are smaller than he expected.
(d) The male dog is larger than the female dog.
2. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
(a) He barks at the cries of a mountain lion
(b) He chases a mountain lion
(c) He chases a raccoon
(d) He protects Billy and the girl puppy
3. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
(a) He is frightened by their size.
(b) He scoops them up and kisses them.
(c) He cries with joy.
(d) He is stunned that they are actually his now.
4. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
5. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
(a) As docile.
(b) As smart.
(c) As weak.
(d) As courageous.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy's grandfather help him get the item he needs to train the dogs as trackers?
2. Why does Billy become disillusioned with his new hunting traps?
3. What did Billy bring to Tahlequah to carry the puppies home in?
4. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
5. What does Billy's grandfather tell him that raccoons cannot resist?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)