|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
(a) An old baking powder can.
(b) A jar.
(c) An old soda can.
(d) An old sock.
2. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
(a) Several raccoons.
(b) Samie, the pet cat.
(d) A deer.
3. How does Billy's grandfather help him get the item he needs to train the dogs as trackers?
(a) He gives Billy one he had from when he was a boy.
(b) He purchases one for Billy from a local hunter.
(c) He teaches Billy how to create a trap using a log, nails and a piece of tin.
(d) He gives Billy hunting traps to use.
4. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
(a) Shares it with his sisters.
(b) Shares it with his entire family.
(c) Eats it on the way home.
(d) Hides it from his sisters.
5. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
(a) His continued interest in getting two puppies.
(b) His plan to run away from home to become a hunter.
(c) His plan to save money to order the hound puppies.
(d) His hound puppy purchase.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
2. What did Billy bring to Tahlequah to carry the puppies home in?
3. Where do Billy and the puppies stop to rest on their journey home from Tahlequah?
4. What happens to Billy when he tries to join in with the activity the children at the playground in Tahlequah are participating in?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)