|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Tahlequah marshal give Billy before he leaves Tahlequah?
(b) A soda.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A ride to the main road.
2. Why does Billy decide to walk to Tahlequah?
(a) He cannot stand to wait a week to pick up the puppies.
(b) He doesn't want to inconvenience his grandfather.
(c) He doesn't have the heart to tell his father about the puppies.
(d) He wants to inspect the puppies.
3. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
(a) He is unable to complete his chores.
(b) He becomes angry and violent.
(c) He loses his appetite.
(d) He stops speaking.
4. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
(a) It contains an article about hound puppies.
(b) It contains an ad for hound puppies.
(c) It contains valuable hunting tips.
(d) It is outdated.
5. Who does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notice fighting as he walks home?
(a) Two boys.
(d) A man and a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years has it been since the unnamed man in Chapter 1 first met his two dogs?
2. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
3. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
4. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
5. How does Billy react when the women in Tahlequah criticize him while walking through town with his puppies?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)