|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
(a) His hound puppy purchase.
(b) His continued interest in getting two puppies.
(c) His plan to save money to order the hound puppies.
(d) His plan to run away from home to become a hunter.
2. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
(a) Contact the kennel to make sure they are still in business.
(b) Place the order for the dogs.
(c) Keep Billy's plan to purchase the puppies a secret.
(d) Lend Billy the money to purchase the puppies.
3. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
(a) He is willing to take on a part time job.
(b) He asks for only one hound puppy.
(c) He tells his parents he will wait to get the puppies.
(d) He agrees to stop asking for the puppies.
4. What does Billy see for the first time in the general store window in Chapter 4?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A buggy.
(c) A double-barreled gun.
(d) His puppies.
5. What did Billy bring to Tahlequah to carry the puppies home in?
(a) A backpack.
(b) A gunny sack.
(c) A box.
(d) A wagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
2. Why does Billy run away from home?
3. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
4. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
5. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)