|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the unnamed man's actions at the end of Chapter 1, what is likely to be the focus of the Chapter 2?
(a) The man's daily routine.
(b) A flashback to the man's childhood.
(c) A flashback to the man's marriage.
(d) The man's search for the redbone hound.
2. What prevents Billy's parents from buying him the puppies he wants?
(a) They do not want to have pets.
(b) They do not believe he will take care of them.
(c) They cannot afford them.
(d) They are not available in the area they live in.
3. Why does Billy decide to walk to Tahlequah?
(a) He doesn't have the heart to tell his father about the puppies.
(b) He doesn't want to inconvenience his grandfather.
(c) He cannot stand to wait a week to pick up the puppies.
(d) He wants to inspect the puppies.
4. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
(a) He thinks the marshal will also hit him.
(b) He is afraid the marshal will put him in jail for fighting.
(c) He is afraid the marshal will confiscate the puppies.
(d) He thinks the marshal will arrest him.
5. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
(a) His interest in hunting.
(b) His willingness to stick up for his puppies.
(c) His willingness to work hard to purchase the puppies.
(d) His self-assured attitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
2. Where does the unnamed man assume the dog in Chapter 1 lives?
3. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 remove from his mantle while sitting by the fire?
4. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
5. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)