|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the items Billy purchases with his final $10 in Chapter 4?
(a) Shoes for himself.
(b) A bag of candy.
(c) Overalls for his father.
(d) Cloth for his mother and sisters.
2. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
(a) In the Ozark Mountains.
(b) In Texas.
(c) In Idaho.
(d) In the Appalachian Mountains.
3. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
4. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
(a) He works in the fields with his father.
(b) He catches and sells bait to fishermen.
(c) He picks berries to sell at his grandfather's store.
(d) He sells vegetables.
5. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
(a) An old baking powder can.
(b) An old soda can.
(c) An old sock.
(d) A jar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy react when the women in Tahlequah criticize him while walking through town with his puppies?
2. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
3. Why do the children at the playground in Tahlequah make fun of Billy?
4. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
5. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)