|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
(a) An old baking powder can.
(b) An old sock.
(c) An old soda can.
(d) A jar.
2. Why does Billy become disillusioned with his new hunting traps?
(a) They are not appropriate for catching raccoons.
(b) He is unable to catch a raccoon.
(c) He doesn't know how to operate them properly.
(d) They break easily.
3. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
(a) A collie puppy.
(c) A coonskin hat.
(d) A kitten.
4. Who does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notice fighting as he walks home?
(a) A man and a woman.
(b) Two boys.
5. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
(a) To welcome visitors.
(b) In case the dog returns.
(c) To allow other dogs to take refuge in his yard.
(d) To allow the dog to roam freely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
2. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
3. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
4. What does the dog's presence in Chapter 1 awaken in the unnamed man?
5. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)