|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
(a) In case the dog returns.
(b) To allow other dogs to take refuge in his yard.
(c) To welcome visitors.
(d) To allow the dog to roam freely.
2. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
(a) By working in his grandfather's store.
(b) With the earnings from the sale of his first coonskin.
(c) With the money he has saved.
(d) With money he got for his birthday.
3. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
(a) In Texas.
(b) In the Ozark Mountains.
(c) In Idaho.
(d) In the Appalachian Mountains.
4. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
(a) Shares it with his entire family.
(b) Hides it from his sisters.
(c) Shares it with his sisters.
(d) Eats it on the way home.
5. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
(a) Both of the dogs are smaller than he expected.
(b) The female dog is larger than the male dog.
(c) Both dogs are larger than he expected.
(d) The male dog is larger than the female dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
2. Why does Billy decide to walk to Tahlequah?
3. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
4. Where does Billy camp with the puppies in Chapter 5?
5. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)