|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
(a) Caring for his canary.
(b) Putting the puppies.
(d) Talking to another child.
2. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
(a) A brother.
(b) Two dogs.
(c) A gun.
(d) A dog.
3. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
(a) He sells vegetables.
(b) He catches and sells bait to fishermen.
(c) He works in the fields with his father.
(d) He picks berries to sell at his grandfather's store.
4. Who does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notice fighting as he walks home?
(a) A man and a woman.
(b) Two boys.
5. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
(a) He is frightened by their size.
(b) He cries with joy.
(c) He is stunned that they are actually his now.
(d) He scoops them up and kisses them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the items Billy purchases with his final $10 in Chapter 4?
2. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
3. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
4. What happens to Billy when he tries to join in with the activity the children at the playground in Tahlequah are participating in?
5. Why do the children at the playground in Tahlequah make fun of Billy?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)