|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
(a) A Labrador Retriever.
(b) A Redbone Hound.
(c) A Collie.
(d) A Coon Hound.
2. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
(b) Putting the puppies.
(c) Talking to another child.
(d) Caring for his canary.
3. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
(a) Place the order for the dogs.
(b) Lend Billy the money to purchase the puppies.
(c) Keep Billy's plan to purchase the puppies a secret.
(d) Contact the kennel to make sure they are still in business.
4. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
(a) The boy steps on Billy's bare foot with his cowboy boot.
(b) The boy tries to steal the puppies.
(c) The boy pulls the ears of one of the puppies.
(d) The boy makes fun of Billy's appearance.
5. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
2. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
3. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
4. Why does the general store owner offer Billy a pair of shoes?
5. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)