|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
(a) In Texas.
(b) In the Ozark Mountains.
(c) In Idaho.
(d) In the Appalachian Mountains.
2. What does Billy see for the first time in the general store window in Chapter 4?
(a) A buggy.
(b) His puppies.
(c) A double-barreled gun.
(d) A pair of shoes.
3. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
(a) He stops speaking.
(b) He is unable to complete his chores.
(c) He loses his appetite.
(d) He becomes angry and violent.
4. What happens to Billy when he tries to join in with the activity the children at the playground in Tahlequah are participating in?
(a) The children laugh at him.
(b) He gets caught on the pipe.
(c) He splatters on to the ground.
(d) He is too frightened to slide down.
5. Why does Billy decide to walk to Tahlequah?
(a) He wants to inspect the puppies.
(b) He cannot stand to wait a week to pick up the puppies.
(c) He doesn't have the heart to tell his father about the puppies.
(d) He doesn't want to inconvenience his grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
2. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
3. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
4. Which of the following is NOT an attribute that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notices when examining the dog?
5. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)