|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
2. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
(a) At his grandfather's store.
(b) At a depot in Kentucky.
(c) At a depot in Oklahoma.
(d) At the kennel he ordered them from.
3. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
(a) A jar.
(b) An old soda can.
(c) An old baking powder can.
(d) An old sock.
4. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
(a) He is excited that Billy will finally be able to purchase the puppies.
(b) He is shocked because he didn't believe Billy could do it.
(c) He becomes choked up because Billy has been saving for so long.
(d) He is angry that the boy is not giving the money to his family.
5. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
(a) A Redbone Hound.
(b) A Coon Hound.
(c) A Labrador Retriever.
(d) A Collie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
2. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
3. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
4. What does Billy see for the first time in the general store window in Chapter 4?
5. What is unique about the area that Billy's family lives in when he is young?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)