|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
(a) Talking to another child.
(c) Caring for his canary.
(d) Putting the puppies.
2. What is unique about the area that Billy's family lives in when he is young?
(a) It is near a river.
(b) It is isolated and rural.
(c) It is remote.
(d) It is the best hunting land in the country.
3. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
(a) He thinks the marshal will also hit him.
(b) He is afraid the marshal will confiscate the puppies.
(c) He is afraid the marshal will put him in jail for fighting.
(d) He thinks the marshal will arrest him.
4. What does Billy see for the first time in the general store window in Chapter 4?
(a) A buggy.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A double-barreled gun.
(d) His puppies.
5. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
(a) Eats it on the way home.
(b) Shares it with his entire family.
(c) Hides it from his sisters.
(d) Shares it with his sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
2. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
3. Based on the unnamed man's actions at the end of Chapter 1, what is likely to be the focus of the Chapter 2?
4. Why does Billy become disillusioned with his new hunting traps?
5. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)