|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
(a) A gun.
(b) A brother.
(c) Two dogs.
(d) A dog.
2. Why does Billy run away from home?
(a) To pursue a career as a hunter.
(b) His sisters tease him relentlessly about wanting puppies.
(c) To go purchase two hound puppies.
(d) His parents deny him hound puppies for a second time.
3. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
(a) The boy pulls the ears of one of the puppies.
(b) The boy tries to steal the puppies.
(c) The boy makes fun of Billy's appearance.
(d) The boy steps on Billy's bare foot with his cowboy boot.
4. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
(a) His plan to run away from home to become a hunter.
(b) His continued interest in getting two puppies.
(c) His plan to save money to order the hound puppies.
(d) His hound puppy purchase.
5. How many years has it been since the unnamed man in Chapter 1 first met his two dogs?
(a) More than 5 years.
(b) More than 25 years.
(c) More than 50 years.
(d) More than 20 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
2. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
3. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 conclude about the dog after noticing his paws are worn?
4. What happens to Billy when he tries to join in with the activity the children at the playground in Tahlequah are participating in?
5. What did Billy bring to Tahlequah to carry the puppies home in?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)