|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
(a) His hound puppy purchase.
(b) His continued interest in getting two puppies.
(c) His plan to run away from home to become a hunter.
(d) His plan to save money to order the hound puppies.
2. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
(a) A brother.
(b) A gun.
(c) Two dogs.
(d) A dog.
3. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
(a) The boy makes fun of Billy's appearance.
(b) The boy pulls the ears of one of the puppies.
(c) The boy tries to steal the puppies.
(d) The boy steps on Billy's bare foot with his cowboy boot.
4. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
(a) It contains an article about hound puppies.
(b) It contains valuable hunting tips.
(c) It is outdated.
(d) It contains an ad for hound puppies.
5. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
(a) Raise puppies.
(c) Track raccoons.
(d) Tease his sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
2. Who does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notice fighting as he walks home?
3. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
4. Where does the unnamed man assume the dog in Chapter 1 lives?
5. How many years has it been since the unnamed man in Chapter 1 first met his two dogs?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)