|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
(a) Eats it on the way home.
(b) Shares it with his sisters.
(c) Hides it from his sisters.
(d) Shares it with his entire family.
2. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
(a) Putting the puppies.
(b) Caring for his canary.
(d) Talking to another child.
3. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
(a) By working in the fields with him.
(b) By taking care of his sisters.
(c) By performing chores around the house.
(d) By not asking him for the puppies any longer.
4. What does the dog's presence in Chapter 1 awaken in the unnamed man?
(a) Childhood memories of his cats.
(b) Childhood memories of his two dogs.
(c) A long forgotten fondness for animals.
(d) Feelings of loneliness.
5. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
(a) His willingness to stick up for his puppies.
(b) His interest in hunting.
(c) His self-assured attitude.
(d) His willingness to work hard to purchase the puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
2. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
3. Based on the unnamed man's actions at the end of Chapter 1, what is likely to be the focus of the Chapter 2?
4. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
5. Why do the children at the playground in Tahlequah make fun of Billy?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)