|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
(a) Place the order for the dogs.
(b) Lend Billy the money to purchase the puppies.
(c) Contact the kennel to make sure they are still in business.
(d) Keep Billy's plan to purchase the puppies a secret.
2. What does Billy seemingly randomly ask his family that shocks and entertains them in Chapter 4?
(a) For a ride to Kentucky.
(b) How far it is to Kentucky.
(c) When he can get his puppies.
(d) For a haircut.
3. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
(a) At a depot in Kentucky.
(b) At the kennel he ordered them from.
(c) At his grandfather's store.
(d) At a depot in Oklahoma.
4. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
5. Based on the unnamed man's actions at the end of Chapter 1, what is likely to be the focus of the Chapter 2?
(a) The man's daily routine.
(b) A flashback to the man's childhood.
(c) A flashback to the man's marriage.
(d) The man's search for the redbone hound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of dog is being attacked by the other dogs in Chapter 1?
2. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
3. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
4. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
5. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)