|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
(a) To welcome visitors.
(b) To allow other dogs to take refuge in his yard.
(c) In case the dog returns.
(d) To allow the dog to roam freely.
2. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 remove from his mantle while sitting by the fire?
(a) A book.
(b) A silver cup and a gold cup.
(c) A silver medal and a gold medal.
(d) A photograph of his dogs.
3. What does the Tahlequah marshal give Billy before he leaves Tahlequah?
(a) A soda.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A ride to the main road.
4. Where does Billy camp with the puppies in Chapter 5?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In an abandoned building.
(c) In the woods.
(d) Just outside of Tahlequah,
5. Why does the general store owner offer Billy a pair of shoes?
(a) His shoes are torn.
(b) He is barefooted.
(c) He knows Billy cannot afford new shoes.
(d) His shoes are wet from his walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a way that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 helps the dog?
2. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
3. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
4. What type of dog is being attacked by the other dogs in Chapter 1?
5. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)