|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an attribute that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notices when examining the dog?
(a) He looks malnourished.
(b) He has unusual markings.
(c) His paws are worn.
(d) He is muddy.
2. What does Billy observe the boys at the playground in Tahlequah doing that he wants to try for himself?
(a) Swinging on the swings.
(b) Playing ball.
(c) Sliding down a pipe.
3. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
(a) To allow the dog to roam freely.
(b) To allow other dogs to take refuge in his yard.
(c) To welcome visitors.
(d) In case the dog returns.
4. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
(a) A Redbone Hound.
(b) A Coon Hound.
(c) A Labrador Retriever.
(d) A Collie.
5. What does Billy seemingly randomly ask his family that shocks and entertains them in Chapter 4?
(a) How far it is to Kentucky.
(b) For a ride to Kentucky.
(c) When he can get his puppies.
(d) For a haircut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
2. Why does Billy run away from home?
3. What is unique about the area that Billy's family lives in when he is young?
4. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
5. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)