|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
(a) He thinks the marshal will arrest him.
(b) He thinks the marshal will also hit him.
(c) He is afraid the marshal will put him in jail for fighting.
(d) He is afraid the marshal will confiscate the puppies.
2. What does Billy seemingly randomly ask his family that shocks and entertains them in Chapter 4?
(a) How far it is to Kentucky.
(b) For a haircut.
(c) When he can get his puppies.
(d) For a ride to Kentucky.
3. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
(a) To allow the dog to roam freely.
(b) To welcome visitors.
(c) To allow other dogs to take refuge in his yard.
(d) In case the dog returns.
4. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
(b) Track raccoons.
(c) Tease his sisters.
(d) Raise puppies.
5. Why does the general store owner offer Billy a pair of shoes?
(a) He knows Billy cannot afford new shoes.
(b) His shoes are torn.
(c) His shoes are wet from his walk.
(d) He is barefooted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy become disillusioned with his new hunting traps?
2. What does Billy observe the boys at the playground in Tahlequah doing that he wants to try for himself?
3. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 remove from his mantle while sitting by the fire?
4. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
5. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)