|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy seemingly randomly ask his family that shocks and entertains them in Chapter 4?
(a) How far it is to Kentucky.
(b) For a ride to Kentucky.
(c) For a haircut.
(d) When he can get his puppies.
2. What does Billy see for the first time in the general store window in Chapter 4?
(a) His puppies.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A double-barreled gun.
(d) A buggy.
3. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
(a) He is afraid the marshal will put him in jail for fighting.
(b) He thinks the marshal will arrest him.
(c) He thinks the marshal will also hit him.
(d) He is afraid the marshal will confiscate the puppies.
4. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 conclude about the dog after noticing his paws are worn?
(a) He has been abused.
(b) He has walked through the woods.
(c) He has been taken hunting many times.
(d) He has traveled a long way.
5. Why do the children at the playground in Tahlequah make fun of Billy?
(a) They say he looks like a hillbilly because he is not wearing shoes.
(b) They can tell he lives in another state.
(c) His hair needs to be cut.
(d) He is not attending school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Billy bring to Tahlequah to carry the puppies home in?
2. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
3. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
4. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)