|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
(a) A brother.
(b) A gun.
(c) A dog.
(d) Two dogs.
2. Which of the following is NOT a way that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 helps the dog?
(a) He rescues him from the pack of dogs who are attacking him.
(b) He allows him to rest.
(c) He bathes and feeds him.
(d) He takes him to a vet.
3. Who does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notice fighting as he walks home?
(b) A man and a woman.
(c) Two boys.
4. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
(a) The boy makes fun of Billy's appearance.
(b) The boy steps on Billy's bare foot with his cowboy boot.
(c) The boy pulls the ears of one of the puppies.
(d) The boy tries to steal the puppies.
5. Why does Billy become disillusioned with his new hunting traps?
(a) He is unable to catch a raccoon.
(b) They are not appropriate for catching raccoons.
(c) He doesn't know how to operate them properly.
(d) They break easily.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
2. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 remove from his mantle while sitting by the fire?
3. What is unique about the area that Billy's family lives in when he is young?
4. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
5. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)