|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
(a) In Texas.
(b) In Idaho.
(c) In the Appalachian Mountains.
(d) In the Ozark Mountains.
2. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
(a) At his grandfather's store.
(b) At a depot in Oklahoma.
(c) At a depot in Kentucky.
(d) At the kennel he ordered them from.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the items Billy purchases with his final $10 in Chapter 4?
(a) Cloth for his mother and sisters.
(b) Overalls for his father.
(c) A bag of candy.
(d) Shoes for himself.
4. What does the dog's presence in Chapter 1 awaken in the unnamed man?
(a) Childhood memories of his cats.
(b) Childhood memories of his two dogs.
(c) A long forgotten fondness for animals.
(d) Feelings of loneliness.
5. Why do the children at the playground in Tahlequah make fun of Billy?
(a) They can tell he lives in another state.
(b) They say he looks like a hillbilly because he is not wearing shoes.
(c) He is not attending school.
(d) His hair needs to be cut.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
2. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
3. What does Billy seemingly randomly ask his family that shocks and entertains them in Chapter 4?
4. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 conclude about the dog after noticing his paws are worn?
5. Why does Billy decide to walk to Tahlequah?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)