|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
(a) He agrees to stop asking for the puppies.
(b) He asks for only one hound puppy.
(c) He is willing to take on a part time job.
(d) He tells his parents he will wait to get the puppies.
2. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
(a) At his grandfather's store.
(b) At a depot in Kentucky.
(c) At the kennel he ordered them from.
(d) At a depot in Oklahoma.
3. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A coonskin hat.
(c) A collie puppy.
4. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
(a) He loses his appetite.
(b) He is unable to complete his chores.
(c) He becomes angry and violent.
(d) He stops speaking.
5. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
(a) He cries with joy.
(b) He is stunned that they are actually his now.
(c) He scoops them up and kisses them.
(d) He is frightened by their size.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
2. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
3. What does Billy see for the first time in the general store window in Chapter 4?
4. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
5. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)