|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the unnamed man assume the dog in Chapter 1 lives?
(a) In the woods.
(b) The Ozark Mountains.
(d) Snake River.
2. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
(a) Both dogs are larger than he expected.
(b) The female dog is larger than the male dog.
(c) The male dog is larger than the female dog.
(d) Both of the dogs are smaller than he expected.
3. What does Billy seemingly randomly ask his family that shocks and entertains them in Chapter 4?
(a) For a ride to Kentucky.
(b) When he can get his puppies.
(c) How far it is to Kentucky.
(d) For a haircut.
4. What does the Tahlequah marshal give Billy before he leaves Tahlequah?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(c) A soda.
(d) A ride to the main road.
5. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
(a) The boy makes fun of Billy's appearance.
(b) The boy tries to steal the puppies.
(c) The boy steps on Billy's bare foot with his cowboy boot.
(d) The boy pulls the ears of one of the puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
2. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
3. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
4. What does the dog's presence in Chapter 1 awaken in the unnamed man?
5. How does Billy react to the town of Tahlequah?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)