|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
(a) Two dogs.
(b) A brother.
(c) A gun.
(d) A dog.
2. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
3. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
(a) He catches and sells bait to fishermen.
(b) He picks berries to sell at his grandfather's store.
(c) He sells vegetables.
(d) He works in the fields with his father.
4. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
(a) His willingness to work hard to purchase the puppies.
(b) His interest in hunting.
(c) His willingness to stick up for his puppies.
(d) His self-assured attitude.
5. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
(a) He is unable to complete his chores.
(b) He loses his appetite.
(c) He stops speaking.
(d) He becomes angry and violent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
2. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 conclude about the dog after noticing his paws are worn?
3. How many years has it been since the unnamed man in Chapter 1 first met his two dogs?
4. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
5. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)