|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy observe the boys at the playground in Tahlequah doing that he wants to try for himself?
(a) Sliding down a pipe.
(b) Playing ball.
(c) Swinging on the swings.
2. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 remove from his mantle while sitting by the fire?
(a) A silver cup and a gold cup.
(b) A silver medal and a gold medal.
(c) A book.
(d) A photograph of his dogs.
3. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
(a) He thinks the marshal will arrest him.
(b) He is afraid the marshal will put him in jail for fighting.
(c) He thinks the marshal will also hit him.
(d) He is afraid the marshal will confiscate the puppies.
4. What happens to Billy when he tries to join in with the activity the children at the playground in Tahlequah are participating in?
(a) He is too frightened to slide down.
(b) He gets caught on the pipe.
(c) He splatters on to the ground.
(d) The children laugh at him.
5. Why does Billy decide to walk to Tahlequah?
(a) He cannot stand to wait a week to pick up the puppies.
(b) He doesn't have the heart to tell his father about the puppies.
(c) He wants to inspect the puppies.
(d) He doesn't want to inconvenience his grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
2. What does the dog's presence in Chapter 1 awaken in the unnamed man?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
4. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
5. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)