|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
(a) It contains valuable hunting tips.
(b) It is outdated.
(c) It contains an article about hound puppies.
(d) It contains an ad for hound puppies.
2. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
(a) His willingness to stick up for his puppies.
(b) His interest in hunting.
(c) His self-assured attitude.
(d) His willingness to work hard to purchase the puppies.
3. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
(a) With the earnings from the sale of his first coonskin.
(b) By working in his grandfather's store.
(c) With money he got for his birthday.
(d) With the money he has saved.
4. What type of dog is being attacked by the other dogs in Chapter 1?
(a) A redbone hound dog.
(b) A retriever.
(c) An Irish setter.
(d) A bloodhound.
5. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
(a) An old sock.
(b) A jar.
(c) An old baking powder can.
(d) An old soda can.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
2. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
3. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
4. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
5. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)