|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
(a) By working in his grandfather's store.
(b) With the money he has saved.
(c) With money he got for his birthday.
(d) With the earnings from the sale of his first coonskin.
2. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
(a) The boy steps on Billy's bare foot with his cowboy boot.
(b) The boy makes fun of Billy's appearance.
(c) The boy tries to steal the puppies.
(d) The boy pulls the ears of one of the puppies.
3. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
(a) To allow other dogs to take refuge in his yard.
(b) To welcome visitors.
(c) To allow the dog to roam freely.
(d) In case the dog returns.
4. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
(a) He catches and sells bait to fishermen.
(b) He picks berries to sell at his grandfather's store.
(c) He sells vegetables.
(d) He works in the fields with his father.
5. What happens to Billy when he tries to join in with the activity the children at the playground in Tahlequah are participating in?
(a) The children laugh at him.
(b) He is too frightened to slide down.
(c) He gets caught on the pipe.
(d) He splatters on to the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
2. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 conclude about the dog after noticing his paws are worn?
3. Why does Billy run away from home?
4. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
5. Based on the unnamed man's actions at the end of Chapter 1, what is likely to be the focus of the Chapter 2?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)