|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
(a) A Redbone Hound.
(b) A Labrador Retriever.
(c) A Collie.
(d) A Coon Hound.
2. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
(a) It contains an ad for hound puppies.
(b) It contains an article about hound puppies.
(c) It is outdated.
(d) It contains valuable hunting tips.
3. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
(a) A gun.
(b) Two dogs.
(c) A brother.
(d) A dog.
4. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
(a) He stops speaking.
(b) He becomes angry and violent.
(c) He is unable to complete his chores.
(d) He loses his appetite.
5. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
(a) In Texas.
(b) In the Appalachian Mountains.
(c) In the Ozark Mountains.
(d) In Idaho.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
2. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
3. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
4. Which of the following is NOT an attribute that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notices when examining the dog?
5. How many years has it been since the unnamed man in Chapter 1 first met his two dogs?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)