|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy run away from home?
(a) To go purchase two hound puppies.
(b) To pursue a career as a hunter.
(c) His sisters tease him relentlessly about wanting puppies.
(d) His parents deny him hound puppies for a second time.
2. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
(a) He is angry that the boy is not giving the money to his family.
(b) He becomes choked up because Billy has been saving for so long.
(c) He is excited that Billy will finally be able to purchase the puppies.
(d) He is shocked because he didn't believe Billy could do it.
3. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
4. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
(b) Tease his sisters.
(c) Raise puppies.
(d) Track raccoons.
5. How does the dog in Chapter 1 show the unnamed man he is feeling better?
(a) He eats a large amount of food.
(b) He licks him.
(c) He makes himself at home in the man's house.
(d) He leaves to walk back home.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
2. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
3. Who does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notice fighting as he walks home?
4. How many years has it been since the unnamed man in Chapter 1 first met his two dogs?
5. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 remove from his mantle while sitting by the fire?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)