|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 remove from his mantle while sitting by the fire?
(a) A book.
(b) A silver medal and a gold medal.
(c) A silver cup and a gold cup.
(d) A photograph of his dogs.
2. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
(a) By performing chores around the house.
(b) By not asking him for the puppies any longer.
(c) By taking care of his sisters.
(d) By working in the fields with him.
3. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
4. Who does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notice fighting as he walks home?
(b) A man and a woman.
(d) Two boys.
5. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
(a) With money he got for his birthday.
(b) By working in his grandfather's store.
(c) With the money he has saved.
(d) With the earnings from the sale of his first coonskin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
3. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
4. What type of dog is being attacked by the other dogs in Chapter 1?
5. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)