|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
(a) Raise puppies.
(b) Tease his sisters.
(c) Track raccoons.
2. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
(a) By performing chores around the house.
(b) By taking care of his sisters.
(c) By not asking him for the puppies any longer.
(d) By working in the fields with him.
3. Why does Billy run away from home?
(a) His sisters tease him relentlessly about wanting puppies.
(b) To pursue a career as a hunter.
(c) To go purchase two hound puppies.
(d) His parents deny him hound puppies for a second time.
4. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
(a) In case the dog returns.
(b) To allow the dog to roam freely.
(c) To welcome visitors.
(d) To allow other dogs to take refuge in his yard.
5. Why does Billy become disillusioned with his new hunting traps?
(a) He doesn't know how to operate them properly.
(b) They break easily.
(c) He is unable to catch a raccoon.
(d) They are not appropriate for catching raccoons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
2. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
3. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
4. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
5. How many years has it been since the unnamed man in Chapter 1 first met his two dogs?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)