|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 conclude about the dog after noticing his paws are worn?
(a) He has been taken hunting many times.
(b) He has traveled a long way.
(c) He has been abused.
(d) He has walked through the woods.
2. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
(a) Shares it with his sisters.
(b) Eats it on the way home.
(c) Hides it from his sisters.
(d) Shares it with his entire family.
3. Based on the unnamed man's actions at the end of Chapter 1, what is likely to be the focus of the Chapter 2?
(a) A flashback to the man's marriage.
(b) The man's daily routine.
(c) A flashback to the man's childhood.
(d) The man's search for the redbone hound.
4. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
5. What type of dog is being attacked by the other dogs in Chapter 1?
(a) An Irish setter.
(b) A redbone hound dog.
(c) A retriever.
(d) A bloodhound.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
2. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
3. Where does the unnamed man assume the dog in Chapter 1 lives?
4. Why does Billy run away from home?
5. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)