|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
(a) An old baking powder can.
(b) An old sock.
(c) A jar.
(d) An old soda can.
2. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
(a) His hound puppy purchase.
(b) His plan to run away from home to become a hunter.
(c) His plan to save money to order the hound puppies.
(d) His continued interest in getting two puppies.
3. Who does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notice fighting as he walks home?
(a) Two boys.
(c) A man and a woman.
4. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
(a) With the money he has saved.
(b) By working in his grandfather's store.
(c) With money he got for his birthday.
(d) With the earnings from the sale of his first coonskin.
5. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
(a) Hides it from his sisters.
(b) Shares it with his sisters.
(c) Eats it on the way home.
(d) Shares it with his entire family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the unnamed man's actions at the end of Chapter 1, what is likely to be the focus of the Chapter 2?
2. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
3. What is unique about the area that Billy's family lives in when he is young?
4. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
5. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)