|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
(a) He stops speaking.
(b) He loses his appetite.
(c) He becomes angry and violent.
(d) He is unable to complete his chores.
2. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
(a) A sportsman's magazine.
(b) An old tent.
(d) A hound puppy.
3. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
(a) He catches and sells bait to fishermen.
(b) He sells vegetables.
(c) He picks berries to sell at his grandfather's store.
(d) He works in the fields with his father.
4. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
(a) A Coon Hound.
(b) A Collie.
(c) A Labrador Retriever.
(d) A Redbone Hound.
5. Where does the unnamed man assume the dog in Chapter 1 lives?
(a) In the woods.
(b) The Ozark Mountains.
(c) Snake River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
2. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
3. How many years has it been since the unnamed man in Chapter 1 first met his two dogs?
4. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
5. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)