|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of dog is being attacked by the other dogs in Chapter 1?
(a) A retriever.
(b) A bloodhound.
(c) An Irish setter.
(d) A redbone hound dog.
2. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
(a) He picks berries to sell at his grandfather's store.
(b) He catches and sells bait to fishermen.
(c) He sells vegetables.
(d) He works in the fields with his father.
3. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
(a) His plan to run away from home to become a hunter.
(b) His hound puppy purchase.
(c) His continued interest in getting two puppies.
(d) His plan to save money to order the hound puppies.
4. What prevents Billy's parents from buying him the puppies he wants?
(a) They do not want to have pets.
(b) They are not available in the area they live in.
(c) They cannot afford them.
(d) They do not believe he will take care of them.
5. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
(a) He is shocked because he didn't believe Billy could do it.
(b) He becomes choked up because Billy has been saving for so long.
(c) He is excited that Billy will finally be able to purchase the puppies.
(d) He is angry that the boy is not giving the money to his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the unnamed man assume the dog in Chapter 1 lives?
2. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
3. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
4. What is unique about the area that Billy's family lives in when he is young?
5. Why does Billy run away from home?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)