|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a way that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 helps the dog?
(a) He rescues him from the pack of dogs who are attacking him.
(b) He bathes and feeds him.
(c) He allows him to rest.
(d) He takes him to a vet.
2. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
(a) He is unable to complete his chores.
(b) He stops speaking.
(c) He loses his appetite.
(d) He becomes angry and violent.
3. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
(a) By working in his grandfather's store.
(b) With the money he has saved.
(c) With money he got for his birthday.
(d) With the earnings from the sale of his first coonskin.
4. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
(a) Shares it with his entire family.
(b) Eats it on the way home.
(c) Hides it from his sisters.
(d) Shares it with his sisters.
5. What does the dog's presence in Chapter 1 awaken in the unnamed man?
(a) Feelings of loneliness.
(b) Childhood memories of his cats.
(c) Childhood memories of his two dogs.
(d) A long forgotten fondness for animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an attribute that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notices when examining the dog?
2. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
3. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 remove from his mantle while sitting by the fire?
4. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
5. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 conclude about the dog after noticing his paws are worn?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)