|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
(a) Tease his sisters.
(b) Track raccoons.
(d) Raise puppies.
2. Which of the following is NOT a way that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 helps the dog?
(a) He allows him to rest.
(b) He bathes and feeds him.
(c) He takes him to a vet.
(d) He rescues him from the pack of dogs who are attacking him.
3. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
(a) A Coon Hound.
(b) A Collie.
(c) A Labrador Retriever.
(d) A Redbone Hound.
4. What is unique about the area that Billy's family lives in when he is young?
(a) It is remote.
(b) It is the best hunting land in the country.
(c) It is isolated and rural.
(d) It is near a river.
5. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 remove from his mantle while sitting by the fire?
(a) A book.
(b) A silver cup and a gold cup.
(c) A silver medal and a gold medal.
(d) A photograph of his dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
2. Which of the following is NOT an attribute that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notices when examining the dog?
3. What type of dog is being attacked by the other dogs in Chapter 1?
4. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 conclude about the dog after noticing his paws are worn?
5. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)