|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an attribute that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notices when examining the dog?
(a) He has unusual markings.
(b) He is muddy.
(c) His paws are worn.
(d) He looks malnourished.
2. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
(a) By performing chores around the house.
(b) By working in the fields with him.
(c) By taking care of his sisters.
(d) By not asking him for the puppies any longer.
3. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
(a) He is shocked because he didn't believe Billy could do it.
(b) He is angry that the boy is not giving the money to his family.
(c) He is excited that Billy will finally be able to purchase the puppies.
(d) He becomes choked up because Billy has been saving for so long.
4. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
(a) Contact the kennel to make sure they are still in business.
(b) Place the order for the dogs.
(c) Lend Billy the money to purchase the puppies.
(d) Keep Billy's plan to purchase the puppies a secret.
5. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
2. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
3. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
4. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 conclude about the dog after noticing his paws are worn?
5. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)