|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
(b) A kitten.
(c) A collie puppy.
(d) A coonskin hat.
2. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
(a) He is unable to complete his chores.
(b) He loses his appetite.
(c) He becomes angry and violent.
(d) He stops speaking.
3. Who does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notice fighting as he walks home?
(c) Two boys.
(d) A man and a woman.
4. Which of the following is NOT a way that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 helps the dog?
(a) He rescues him from the pack of dogs who are attacking him.
(b) He takes him to a vet.
(c) He bathes and feeds him.
(d) He allows him to rest.
5. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 conclude about the dog after noticing his paws are worn?
(a) He has traveled a long way.
(b) He has walked through the woods.
(c) He has been taken hunting many times.
(d) He has been abused.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
2. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
3. Why does Billy run away from home?
4. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)