|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has it been since the unnamed man in Chapter 1 first met his two dogs?
(a) More than 5 years.
(b) More than 25 years.
(c) More than 20 years.
(d) More than 50 years.
2. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
(a) In Idaho.
(b) In the Appalachian Mountains.
(c) In Texas.
(d) In the Ozark Mountains.
3. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
(a) He works in the fields with his father.
(b) He catches and sells bait to fishermen.
(c) He picks berries to sell at his grandfather's store.
(d) He sells vegetables.
4. What type of dog is being attacked by the other dogs in Chapter 1?
(a) A redbone hound dog.
(b) A retriever.
(c) A bloodhound.
(d) An Irish setter.
5. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
(a) A hound puppy.
(b) A sportsman's magazine.
(c) An old tent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
2. Who does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notice fighting as he walks home?
3. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
4. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
5. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)