|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
(a) His continued interest in getting two puppies.
(b) His plan to run away from home to become a hunter.
(c) His hound puppy purchase.
(d) His plan to save money to order the hound puppies.
2. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
(a) By working in his grandfather's store.
(b) With the earnings from the sale of his first coonskin.
(c) With the money he has saved.
(d) With money he got for his birthday.
3. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
(a) It contains an article about hound puppies.
(b) It contains valuable hunting tips.
(c) It is outdated.
(d) It contains an ad for hound puppies.
4. What type of dog is being attacked by the other dogs in Chapter 1?
(a) A retriever.
(b) An Irish setter.
(c) A bloodhound.
(d) A redbone hound dog.
5. Which of the following is NOT an attribute that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notices when examining the dog?
(a) His paws are worn.
(b) He is muddy.
(c) He has unusual markings.
(d) He looks malnourished.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a way that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 helps the dog?
2. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
3. Who does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notice fighting as he walks home?
4. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
5. How many years has it been since the unnamed man in Chapter 1 first met his two dogs?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)