|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 remove from his mantle while sitting by the fire?
(a) A silver cup and a gold cup.
(b) A silver medal and a gold medal.
(c) A photograph of his dogs.
(d) A book.
2. Which of the following is NOT an attribute that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notices when examining the dog?
(a) He has unusual markings.
(b) His paws are worn.
(c) He is muddy.
(d) He looks malnourished.
3. What does the dog's presence in Chapter 1 awaken in the unnamed man?
(a) Childhood memories of his two dogs.
(b) Childhood memories of his cats.
(c) A long forgotten fondness for animals.
(d) Feelings of loneliness.
4. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
(a) In the Appalachian Mountains.
(b) In Texas.
(c) In the Ozark Mountains.
(d) In Idaho.
5. Who does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notice fighting as he walks home?
(a) A man and a woman.
(c) Two boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
2. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
3. Why does Billy run away from home?
4. Where does the unnamed man assume the dog in Chapter 1 lives?
5. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)