|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
2. What type of dog is being attacked by the other dogs in Chapter 1?
(a) A bloodhound.
(b) A redbone hound dog.
(c) A retriever.
(d) An Irish setter.
3. How many years has it been since the unnamed man in Chapter 1 first met his two dogs?
(a) More than 50 years.
(b) More than 25 years.
(c) More than 20 years.
(d) More than 5 years.
4. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
(a) By working in the fields with him.
(b) By taking care of his sisters.
(c) By performing chores around the house.
(d) By not asking him for the puppies any longer.
5. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
(a) With the money he has saved.
(b) By working in his grandfather's store.
(c) With money he got for his birthday.
(d) With the earnings from the sale of his first coonskin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
2. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
3. What prevents Billy's parents from buying him the puppies he wants?
4. Which of the following is NOT a way that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 helps the dog?
5. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)