|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
(b) A deer.
(c) Several raccoons.
(d) Samie, the pet cat.
2. How many years has it been since the unnamed man in Chapter 1 first met his two dogs?
(a) More than 20 years.
(b) More than 5 years.
(c) More than 25 years.
(d) More than 50 years.
3. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
(a) He is angry that the boy is not giving the money to his family.
(b) He is excited that Billy will finally be able to purchase the puppies.
(c) He is shocked because he didn't believe Billy could do it.
(d) He becomes choked up because Billy has been saving for so long.
4. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
5. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
(a) He catches and sells bait to fishermen.
(b) He sells vegetables.
(c) He works in the fields with his father.
(d) He picks berries to sell at his grandfather's store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy become disillusioned with his new hunting traps?
2. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
3. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 remove from his mantle while sitting by the fire?
4. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
5. Based on the unnamed man's actions at the end of Chapter 1, what is likely to be the focus of the Chapter 2?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)