|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
(a) He is excited that Billy will finally be able to purchase the puppies.
(b) He is shocked because he didn't believe Billy could do it.
(c) He becomes choked up because Billy has been saving for so long.
(d) He is angry that the boy is not giving the money to his family.
2. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
(a) Raise puppies.
(b) Track raccoons.
(c) Tease his sisters.
3. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
(a) Several raccoons.
(b) A deer.
(d) Samie, the pet cat.
4. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
(a) An old soda can.
(b) An old baking powder can.
(c) A jar.
(d) An old sock.
5. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
(a) He loses his appetite.
(b) He is unable to complete his chores.
(c) He becomes angry and violent.
(d) He stops speaking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the dog in Chapter 1 show the unnamed man he is feeling better?
2. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
3. Based on the unnamed man's actions at the end of Chapter 1, what is likely to be the focus of the Chapter 2?
4. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
5. Which of the following is NOT an attribute that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notices when examining the dog?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)