|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of dog is being attacked by the other dogs in Chapter 1?
(a) A retriever.
(b) A bloodhound.
(c) A redbone hound dog.
(d) An Irish setter.
2. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
(a) Several raccoons.
(c) A deer.
(d) Samie, the pet cat.
3. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
4. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
(a) Track raccoons.
(b) Raise puppies.
(c) Tease his sisters.
5. Who does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notice fighting as he walks home?
(b) A man and a woman.
(d) Two boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the unnamed man assume the dog in Chapter 1 lives?
2. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
3. What does the dog's presence in Chapter 1 awaken in the unnamed man?
4. How does the dog in Chapter 1 show the unnamed man he is feeling better?
5. Based on the unnamed man's actions at the end of Chapter 1, what is likely to be the focus of the Chapter 2?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)