|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
(a) He tells his parents he will wait to get the puppies.
(b) He agrees to stop asking for the puppies.
(c) He is willing to take on a part time job.
(d) He asks for only one hound puppy.
2. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
(a) By working in his grandfather's store.
(b) With money he got for his birthday.
(c) With the money he has saved.
(d) With the earnings from the sale of his first coonskin.
3. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
(a) He becomes angry and violent.
(b) He is unable to complete his chores.
(c) He loses his appetite.
(d) He stops speaking.
4. Who does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notice fighting as he walks home?
(b) Two boys.
(d) A man and a woman.
5. Why does Billy run away from home?
(a) His parents deny him hound puppies for a second time.
(b) To pursue a career as a hunter.
(c) His sisters tease him relentlessly about wanting puppies.
(d) To go purchase two hound puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
2. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
3. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
4. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
5. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)