|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
(a) He works in the fields with his father.
(b) He sells vegetables.
(c) He picks berries to sell at his grandfather's store.
(d) He catches and sells bait to fishermen.
2. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
(a) By taking care of his sisters.
(b) By working in the fields with him.
(c) By performing chores around the house.
(d) By not asking him for the puppies any longer.
3. Based on the unnamed man's actions at the end of Chapter 1, what is likely to be the focus of the Chapter 2?
(a) A flashback to the man's marriage.
(b) The man's search for the redbone hound.
(c) A flashback to the man's childhood.
(d) The man's daily routine.
4. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
(a) Lend Billy the money to purchase the puppies.
(b) Place the order for the dogs.
(c) Contact the kennel to make sure they are still in business.
(d) Keep Billy's plan to purchase the puppies a secret.
5. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
(a) Eats it on the way home.
(b) Hides it from his sisters.
(c) Shares it with his sisters.
(d) Shares it with his entire family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an attribute that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notices when examining the dog?
2. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
3. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
4. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
5. Why does Billy become disillusioned with his new hunting traps?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)