|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
(a) In Texas.
(b) In the Ozark Mountains.
(c) In the Appalachian Mountains.
(d) In Idaho.
2. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
(a) A sportsman's magazine.
(b) A hound puppy.
(d) An old tent.
3. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 conclude about the dog after noticing his paws are worn?
(a) He has been abused.
(b) He has walked through the woods.
(c) He has been taken hunting many times.
(d) He has traveled a long way.
4. Why does Billy become disillusioned with his new hunting traps?
(a) He is unable to catch a raccoon.
(b) They are not appropriate for catching raccoons.
(c) They break easily.
(d) He doesn't know how to operate them properly.
5. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 remove from his mantle while sitting by the fire?
(a) A photograph of his dogs.
(b) A book.
(c) A silver cup and a gold cup.
(d) A silver medal and a gold medal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
2. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
3. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
4. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
5. What type of dog is being attacked by the other dogs in Chapter 1?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)