|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the dog's presence in Chapter 1 awaken in the unnamed man?
(a) Childhood memories of his cats.
(b) Feelings of loneliness.
(c) A long forgotten fondness for animals.
(d) Childhood memories of his two dogs.
2. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
3. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
(a) He is excited that Billy will finally be able to purchase the puppies.
(b) He is shocked because he didn't believe Billy could do it.
(c) He is angry that the boy is not giving the money to his family.
(d) He becomes choked up because Billy has been saving for so long.
4. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 remove from his mantle while sitting by the fire?
(a) A silver medal and a gold medal.
(b) A photograph of his dogs.
(c) A book.
(d) A silver cup and a gold cup.
5. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
(b) A deer.
(c) Samie, the pet cat.
(d) Several raccoons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents Billy's parents from buying him the puppies he wants?
2. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
3. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
4. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
5. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)