|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
(a) His continued interest in getting two puppies.
(b) His hound puppy purchase.
(c) His plan to save money to order the hound puppies.
(d) His plan to run away from home to become a hunter.
2. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
(a) He is shocked because he didn't believe Billy could do it.
(b) He becomes choked up because Billy has been saving for so long.
(c) He is angry that the boy is not giving the money to his family.
(d) He is excited that Billy will finally be able to purchase the puppies.
3. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
(a) With the money he has saved.
(b) With money he got for his birthday.
(c) With the earnings from the sale of his first coonskin.
(d) By working in his grandfather's store.
4. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
(a) He sells vegetables.
(b) He picks berries to sell at his grandfather's store.
(c) He catches and sells bait to fishermen.
(d) He works in the fields with his father.
5. Why does Billy become disillusioned with his new hunting traps?
(a) They are not appropriate for catching raccoons.
(b) They break easily.
(c) He is unable to catch a raccoon.
(d) He doesn't know how to operate them properly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
2. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
3. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
4. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
5. How many years has it been since the unnamed man in Chapter 1 first met his two dogs?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)