|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the unnamed man's actions at the end of Chapter 1, what is likely to be the focus of the Chapter 2?
(a) A flashback to the man's childhood.
(b) The man's search for the redbone hound.
(c) A flashback to the man's marriage.
(d) The man's daily routine.
2. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
(b) A sportsman's magazine.
(c) A hound puppy.
(d) An old tent.
3. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
(a) A coonskin hat.
(b) A collie puppy.
(c) A kitten.
4. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
(a) His plan to run away from home to become a hunter.
(b) His continued interest in getting two puppies.
(c) His hound puppy purchase.
(d) His plan to save money to order the hound puppies.
5. How many years has it been since the unnamed man in Chapter 1 first met his two dogs?
(a) More than 50 years.
(b) More than 25 years.
(c) More than 20 years.
(d) More than 5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 conclude about the dog after noticing his paws are worn?
2. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
3. Why does Billy become disillusioned with his new hunting traps?
4. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
5. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)