|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
(a) By working in the fields with him.
(b) By performing chores around the house.
(c) By not asking him for the puppies any longer.
(d) By taking care of his sisters.
2. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
(b) Samie, the pet cat.
(c) A deer.
(d) Several raccoons.
3. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
(a) It is outdated.
(b) It contains an article about hound puppies.
(c) It contains an ad for hound puppies.
(d) It contains valuable hunting tips.
4. Where does the unnamed man assume the dog in Chapter 1 lives?
(b) In the woods.
(c) Snake River.
(d) The Ozark Mountains.
5. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
(a) He is shocked because he didn't believe Billy could do it.
(b) He becomes choked up because Billy has been saving for so long.
(c) He is angry that the boy is not giving the money to his family.
(d) He is excited that Billy will finally be able to purchase the puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
2. Which of the following is NOT an attribute that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notices when examining the dog?
3. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
5. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)