|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notice fighting as he walks home?
(b) A man and a woman.
(c) Two boys.
2. Based on the unnamed man's actions at the end of Chapter 1, what is likely to be the focus of the Chapter 2?
(a) A flashback to the man's childhood.
(b) The man's search for the redbone hound.
(c) A flashback to the man's marriage.
(d) The man's daily routine.
3. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
(a) Place the order for the dogs.
(b) Keep Billy's plan to purchase the puppies a secret.
(c) Lend Billy the money to purchase the puppies.
(d) Contact the kennel to make sure they are still in business.
4. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
(a) His plan to run away from home to become a hunter.
(b) His continued interest in getting two puppies.
(c) His plan to save money to order the hound puppies.
(d) His hound puppy purchase.
5. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
(a) A coonskin hat.
(c) A collie puppy.
(d) A kitten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
2. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
3. What type of dog is being attacked by the other dogs in Chapter 1?
4. How does the dog in Chapter 1 show the unnamed man he is feeling better?
5. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)