|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
2. How does Billy's sister react to his plan to cut down "The Big Tree"?
(a) She is confident he can accomplish the task.
(b) She admires him.
(c) She is angry at him for worrying Mama.
(d) She thinks he is crazy.
3. What does Billy discover when he climbs the ghost tree in Chapter 13?
(a) The tree is still blooming.
(b) The raccoon is not there.
(c) The raccoon was never there.
(d) The raccoon is treed in it.
4. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
5. What reason does Billy's father provide for Billy's inability to catch a raccoon in his new traps?
(a) Billy must set up more traps.
(b) Billy needs to be patient because raccoons are hard to find.
(c) Billy must wait for a raccoon to stumble upon the trap.
(d) Billy must wait until his scent dissipates before the raccoons will come.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy's grandfather tell him that raccoons cannot resist?
2. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
3. What is unique about the area that Billy's family lives in when he is young?
4. How long does it take Billy to catch his first raccoon in the traps?
5. What does Billy do to gather strength when he believes he can no longer chop the tree down?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)