|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy do each morning when he returns home from hunting?
(a) Goes to work in the fields with his father.
(b) Cares for the dogs' feet.
(c) Helps his mother with chores.
(d) Eats breakfast and goes to bed.
2. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
(a) At a depot in Oklahoma.
(b) At the kennel he ordered them from.
(c) At a depot in Kentucky.
(d) At his grandfather's store.
3. What does Mama do to help alleviate the muscle pain Billy is experiencing in Chapter 9?
(a) Gives him a folk medicine pain reliever.
(b) Gives him aspirin.
(c) Tells him to rest.
(d) Gives him a hot bath and a massage.
4. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
5. What surprises the hunting contest judge about Billy's dogs' final catch?
(a) They chased the raccoon for miles.
(b) They worked together to tree the raccoon.
(c) They did not give up even though it was daybreak.
(d) They were able to find the raccoon again after he walked a rail fence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy feel badly for scolding Little Ann when they return to the sycamore tree in Chapter 9?
2. Why does Billy run away from home?
3. Why does Billy refuse his father's suggestion of what to do the morning after his pups have treed their first raccoon?
4. What does Billy do to gather strength when he believes he can no longer chop the tree down?
5. How many raccoons do Billy and the dogs catch during the hunting contest?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)