|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Little Ann find the "ghost coon" after Billy believes the bet is over?
(a) In a hollowed out gatepost.
(b) In a hollowed out tree.
(c) Down near the river.
(d) In the ghost tree.
2. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
(a) He becomes angry and violent.
(b) He loses his appetite.
(c) He stops speaking.
(d) He is unable to complete his chores.
3. What does Little Ann do in Chapter 8 that shows Billy she has not fallen for the raccoon's trick?
(a) She runs up a tree to find him.
(b) She swims across the river to find his scent.
(c) She follows the original trail instead of the new one that the raccoon lays.
(d) She convinces Old Dan to swim across the river.
4. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
(a) At the kennel he ordered them from.
(b) At his grandfather's store.
(c) At a depot in Kentucky.
(d) At a depot in Oklahoma.
5. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
(a) He is afraid the marshal will put him in jail for fighting.
(b) He is afraid the marshal will confiscate the puppies.
(c) He thinks the marshal will also hit him.
(d) He thinks the marshal will arrest him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy run away from home?
2. How does Billy characterize Tahlequah when talking with his father in Chapter 6?
3. Why do the Pritchard boys refuse to give Billy his money back?
4. How long does it take Billy to catch his first raccoon in the traps?
5. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)