|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy do to gather strength when he believes he can no longer chop the tree down?
(a) He asks his father for help.
(b) He prays to God for strength.
(c) He rests and eats a hot meal.
(d) He looks at the faces of his two dogs.
2. Why does Billy choose the particular names for the puppies that he does?
(a) His sisters choose the names.
(b) He sees them carved on a tree at the campsite where he found the sportsman's magazine.
(c) He saw them in an old sportsman's magazine.
(d) They are his grandparents' names.
3. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
(a) His plan to save money to order the hound puppies.
(b) His hound puppy purchase.
(c) His plan to run away from home to become a hunter.
(d) His continued interest in getting two puppies.
4. What does Little Ann do in Chapter 8 that shows Billy she has not fallen for the raccoon's trick?
(a) She swims across the river to find his scent.
(b) She runs up a tree to find him.
(c) She convinces Old Dan to swim across the river.
(d) She follows the original trail instead of the new one that the raccoon lays.
5. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
(a) At his grandfather's store.
(b) At a depot in Kentucky.
(c) At a depot in Oklahoma.
(d) At the kennel he ordered them from.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy apologize to the sycamore tree?
2. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
3. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
4. Which night does Billy draw to hunt in the contest?
5. Why does Billy's grandfather believe the price of coonskins will increase?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)