|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy's grandfather tell him that raccoons cannot resist?
(b) Shiny objects.
(c) Fallen logs.
2. What does Billy do to prevent Old Dan from entering the hollow tree again?
(a) He punishes him for going up the tree.
(b) He plugs the hole with rocks.
(c) He cuts the tree down.
(d) He moves the dogs to another area of the woods to hunt.
3. What happens to Grandpa as the dogs chase their second raccoon?
(a) He becomes ill.
(b) He is stricken by laughter.
(c) He is unable to keep up with the group.
(d) He falls into the river.
4. What does Billy's grandfather tell the boy he must bring with him to the hunting contest?
(a) His dogs and hunting ax.
(b) All of the supplies he will need to hunt.
(c) Only himself.
(d) Only his dogs.
5. Who helps Billy train the puppies?
(a) Billy's grandfather.
(b) His youngest sister.
(c) His older sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the individual who visits Billy in the afternoon after his pups have treed their first raccoon bring him?
2. How long does it take Billy to catch his first raccoon in the traps?
3. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
4. What does Billy do to gather strength when he believes he can no longer chop the tree down?
5. Why does Billy decide to chop down the tree in Chapter 8 that the dogs have treed their first raccoon in?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)