|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Billy's parents from buying him the puppies he wants?
(a) They are not available in the area they live in.
(b) They do not believe he will take care of them.
(c) They do not want to have pets.
(d) They cannot afford them.
2. Why does the general store owner offer Billy a pair of shoes?
(a) He is barefooted.
(b) His shoes are torn.
(c) His shoes are wet from his walk.
(d) He knows Billy cannot afford new shoes.
3. Which of the following phrases does NOT characterize Little Ann?
(a) Extremely intelligent.
(b) Sweet and loving.
(c) Old Dan's protector.
(d) Mama's helper.
4. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
(a) It contains an article about hound puppies.
(b) It is outdated.
(c) It contains valuable hunting tips.
(d) It contains an ad for hound puppies.
5. What amazes the other hunters about Old Dan and Little Ann's actions after chasing the raccoon through the river?
(a) They are able to swim even though they are small.
(b) They are not tired from swimming.
(c) They tend to each others' wounds before continuing to hunt.
(d) They do not lose the scent of the raccoon when he goes in the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many traps does Billy set up near the river in Chapter 7?
2. What does Little Ann do in Chapter 8 that shows Billy she has not fallen for the raccoon's trick?
3. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy in Chapter 8?
4. What criteria must all entrants into the hunting contest in Chapter 14 meet?
5. What challenge do the Pritchard boys pose for Billy and the dogs?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)