|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
(a) He is afraid the marshal will confiscate the puppies.
(b) He thinks the marshal will arrest him.
(c) He is afraid the marshal will put him in jail for fighting.
(d) He thinks the marshal will also hit him.
2. What happens to Old Dan when he follows a raccoon under water during a hunt?
(a) He becomes caught in a muskrat den.
(b) He nearly drowns because he cannot swim well.
(c) He demonstrates his strength and bravery.
(d) He becomes caught in a beaver dam.
3. Which night does Billy draw to hunt in the contest?
(a) The third night.
(b) The fourth night.
(c) The last night.
(d) The first night.
4. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
(a) The boy pulls the ears of one of the puppies.
(b) The boy steps on Billy's bare foot with his cowboy boot.
(c) The boy makes fun of Billy's appearance.
(d) The boy tries to steal the puppies.
5. in Chapter 14, what concern about Little Ann does Billy share with his father?
(a) She cannot keep up with Old Dan.
(b) She is gun shy.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She is sometimes too small to climb a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
2. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
3. Why does Little Ann stop barking when she trees the "ghost coon"?
4. What does Little Ann do just as Billy is about to move the dogs to a new location in Chapter 8?
5. What does Billy decide to name the puppies?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)