|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Billy train the puppies?
(a) His youngest sister.
(b) His older sister.
(d) Billy's grandfather.
2. Why does Billy decide to chop down the tree in Chapter 8 that the dogs have treed their first raccoon in?
(a) He is self assured and confident.
(b) He is desperate to catch his first raccoon.
(c) The tree is in the way of the raccoon.
(d) The dogs will not leave the raccoon they have trapped in the tree.
3. What information does Billy's father give him in Chapter 6 about town life that surprises Billy?
(a) He intends to move to town to open a store.
(b) He intends to move the family to town at some point in the future.
(c) His father grew up in a town like Tahlequah.
(d) His father has never been into a town.
4. What happens to Dan when he and the raccoon fight?
(a) His nose is split open.
(b) He is fine. The raccoon is injured.
(c) His paw is cut.
(d) He is bit by the raccoon.
5. What event helps Mama understand why Billy is determined to cut down "The Big Tree"?
(a) Billy's faith in God.
(b) Old Dan's return to the tree during the night.
(c) Billy's aching muscles.
(d) Little Ann's return to the tree during the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
2. Who does Billy's grandfather hold partly responsible for Rubin's death?
3. Why does Billy end up sleeping under the wagon with his dogs in Chapter 16?
4. What does Billy do to try and gain an advantage on his night of hunting in the contest?
5. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)