|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy react when the women in Tahlequah criticize him while walking through town with his puppies?
(a) He ignores their comments.
(b) He begins crying.
(c) He makes fun of the feathers in their hats.
(d) He gets into a fight with the women.
2. What does Billy's grandfather suggest in Chapter 9 the boy do to keep the coon in the tree while he goes home to rest?
(a) Command the dogs to lie down at the base of the tree.
(b) Construct and place a scarecrow at the base of the tree.
(c) Tie the dogs to the tree.
(d) Take the dogs home with him.
3. What does Billy use to make collars for the puppies?
(a) Bailing wire.
(b) Leather from old shoes.
(d) Pieces of his fathers' check lines.
4. How many traps does Billy set up near the river in Chapter 7?
5. Why does Billy become disillusioned with his new hunting traps?
(a) They break easily.
(b) He doesn't know how to operate them properly.
(c) He is unable to catch a raccoon.
(d) They are not appropriate for catching raccoons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Old Dan leave Billy's home during the night in Chapter 9?
2. Where does Little Ann find the "ghost coon" after Billy believes the bet is over?
3. What does Billy's grandfather tell him that raccoons cannot resist?
4. Which night does Billy draw to hunt in the contest?
5. How long does it take Billy to catch his first raccoon in the traps?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)