|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises the hunting contest judge about Billy's dogs' final catch?
(a) They worked together to tree the raccoon.
(b) They were able to find the raccoon again after he walked a rail fence.
(c) They did not give up even though it was daybreak.
(d) They chased the raccoon for miles.
2. Which night does Billy draw to hunt in the contest?
(a) The last night.
(b) The third night.
(c) The first night.
(d) The fourth night.
3. Who becomes separated from the group during the storm?
(c) The judge.
4. How does Billy react to the town of Tahlequah?
(a) He is frightened.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is overwhelmed.
(d) He is confused.
5. Why does Billy apologize to the sycamore tree?
(a) He had to destroy it to honor his promise to the dogs.
(b) He is ambivalent about hunting.
(c) He injured it severely by chopping it, yet was unable to chop it down.
(d) He believes God destroyed it for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy's grandfather believe the price of coonskins will increase?
2. What does Grandpa give Billy in Chapter 15 that marks him as an adult?
3. What happens to Dan when he and the raccoon fight?
4. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
5. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)