|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy choose the particular names for the puppies that he does?
(a) He saw them in an old sportsman's magazine.
(b) His sisters choose the names.
(c) They are his grandparents' names.
(d) He sees them carved on a tree at the campsite where he found the sportsman's magazine.
2. What does Billy do to try and gain an advantage on his night of hunting in the contest?
(a) Move out of the over-hunted area.
(b) Give the dogs a pep talk.
(c) Encourage the dogs.
(d) Take his father and grandfather along hunting.
3. What does Billy hear during the night in Chapter 15 that he takes as a bad omen?
(a) The sound of screech owls.
(b) Old Dan baying.
(c) A storm coming.
(d) The sound of mockingbirds.
4. How does Billy's sister react to his plan to cut down "The Big Tree"?
(a) She is confident he can accomplish the task.
(b) She admires him.
(c) She thinks he is crazy.
(d) She is angry at him for worrying Mama.
5. What did Billy bring to Tahlequah to carry the puppies home in?
(a) A backpack.
(b) A gunny sack.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A box.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
2. What does Little Ann do in Chapter 8 that shows Billy she has not fallen for the raccoon's trick?
3. What does the Tahlequah marshal give Billy before he leaves Tahlequah?
4. Whose bragging helps build Billy's reputation as a hunter?
5. Why does Billy feel badly for scolding Little Ann when they return to the sycamore tree in Chapter 9?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)