|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
2. How much is Billy able to earn per coonskin?
(a) Up to $100.
(b) Exactly $10.
(d) Up to $10.
3. What does Billy discover about the dogs when he wakes in the morning in Chapter 9?
(a) Little Ann is missing.
(b) The dogs are as tired as he is.
(c) Old Dan is missing.
(d) The dogs are more determined than he is.
4. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
(a) With the money he has saved.
(b) By working in his grandfather's store.
(c) With the earnings from the sale of his first coonskin.
(d) With money he got for his birthday.
5. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
(a) He thinks the marshal will also hit him.
(b) He thinks the marshal will arrest him.
(c) He is afraid the marshal will put him in jail for fighting.
(d) He is afraid the marshal will confiscate the puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about the area that Billy's family lives in when he is young?
2. What challenge do the Pritchard boys pose for Billy and the dogs?
3. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
4. How does Billy react in Chapter 6 when he discovers his mother's concern for his absence?
5. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)