|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy use to make collars for the puppies?
(a) Bailing wire.
(b) Leather from old shoes.
(c) Pieces of his fathers' check lines.
2. What event helps Mama understand why Billy is determined to cut down "The Big Tree"?
(a) Old Dan's return to the tree during the night.
(b) Billy's aching muscles.
(c) Little Ann's return to the tree during the night.
(d) Billy's faith in God.
3. What does Billy's grandfather tell the boy he must bring with him to the hunting contest?
(a) His dogs and hunting ax.
(b) Only himself.
(c) Only his dogs.
(d) All of the supplies he will need to hunt.
4. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
(a) The boy pulls the ears of one of the puppies.
(b) The boy tries to steal the puppies.
(c) The boy steps on Billy's bare foot with his cowboy boot.
(d) The boy makes fun of Billy's appearance.
5. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
(a) A brother.
(b) A gun.
(c) Two dogs.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papa do to get Little Ann to come back to Billy in Chapter 17?
2. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
3. How does the group find Old Dan in Chapter 17?
4. Why does Billy refuse his father's suggestion of what to do the morning after his pups have treed their first raccoon?
5. What does Mama make out of Billy's first coonskin?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)