|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What criteria must all entrants into the hunting contest in Chapter 14 meet?
(a) They only have to pay a registration fee.
(b) They must be seasoned hunters.
(c) They need to have caught a certain number of raccoons.
(d) They must be at least 18 years old.
2. Why does Old Dan not want to get into Billy's grandfather's buggy in Chapter 9?
(a) He is not tired and hungry.
(b) He is afraid of the buggy.
(c) He does not want to leave the coon in the tree.
(d) He does not want to leave Little Ann.
3. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
(a) He thinks the marshal will arrest him.
(b) He thinks the marshal will also hit him.
(c) He is afraid the marshal will confiscate the puppies.
(d) He is afraid the marshal will put him in jail for fighting.
4. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
(a) He scoops them up and kisses them.
(b) He is stunned that they are actually his now.
(c) He cries with joy.
(d) He is frightened by their size.
5. What does Billy's grandfather suggest in Chapter 9 the boy do to keep the coon in the tree while he goes home to rest?
(a) Construct and place a scarecrow at the base of the tree.
(b) Tie the dogs to the tree.
(c) Command the dogs to lie down at the base of the tree.
(d) Take the dogs home with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Billy's father discover he had traveled to Tahlequah to pick up the puppies?
2. How does Billy's grandfather help him get the item he needs to train the dogs as trackers?
3. Why do the Pritchard boys refuse to give Billy his money back?
4. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
5. What surprises the hunting contest judge about Billy's dogs' final catch?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)