|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Billy train the puppies?
(a) His youngest sister.
(b) Billy's grandfather.
(c) His older sister.
2. Where do Billy and the puppies stop to rest on their journey home from Tahlequah?
(a) The abandoned campsite where he found the magazine.
(b) At his grandfather's store.
(c) Alongside the river.
(d) In a town outside of the Ozark Mountains.
3. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
(a) Lend Billy the money to purchase the puppies.
(b) Contact the kennel to make sure they are still in business.
(c) Place the order for the dogs.
(d) Keep Billy's plan to purchase the puppies a secret.
4. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
(a) An old baking powder can.
(b) An old sock.
(c) An old soda can.
(d) A jar.
5. What is unique about the area that Billy's family lives in when he is young?
(a) It is near a river.
(b) It is the best hunting land in the country.
(c) It is isolated and rural.
(d) It is remote.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Grandpa as the dogs chase their second raccoon?
2. Why does Billy decide to walk to Tahlequah?
3. Whose bragging helps build Billy's reputation as a hunter?
4. How does Billy characterize Tahlequah when talking with his father in Chapter 6?
5. What does Billy's grandfather tell the boy he must bring with him to the hunting contest?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)