|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy react to the town of Tahlequah?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is frightened.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is overwhelmed.
2. Why does Old Dan not want to get into Billy's grandfather's buggy in Chapter 9?
(a) He is not tired and hungry.
(b) He does not want to leave the coon in the tree.
(c) He does not want to leave Little Ann.
(d) He is afraid of the buggy.
3. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
(a) His willingness to work hard to purchase the puppies.
(b) His interest in hunting.
(c) His willingness to stick up for his puppies.
(d) His self-assured attitude.
4. Why does Billy visit his grandfather's store on the day he encounters the Pritchard boys?
(a) He is purchasing hunting supplies.
(b) He is visiting his grandfather.
(c) He is dropping off pelts to be sold at the store.
(d) He is getting a sack of corn milled for his mother.
5. How does Billy react when the women in Tahlequah criticize him while walking through town with his puppies?
(a) He ignores their comments.
(b) He gets into a fight with the women.
(c) He begins crying.
(d) He makes fun of the feathers in their hats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy become disillusioned with his new hunting traps?
2. Why does Billy end up sleeping under the wagon with his dogs in Chapter 16?
3. Why does Billy decide to walk to Tahlequah?
4. What challenge emerges at the beginning of Chapter 17?
5. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)