|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Dan when he and the raccoon fight?
(a) His nose is split open.
(b) He is fine. The raccoon is injured.
(c) His paw is cut.
(d) He is bit by the raccoon.
2. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
(a) He cries with joy.
(b) He scoops them up and kisses them.
(c) He is stunned that they are actually his now.
(d) He is frightened by their size.
3. Why does Billy apologize to the sycamore tree?
(a) He is ambivalent about hunting.
(b) He had to destroy it to honor his promise to the dogs.
(c) He believes God destroyed it for him.
(d) He injured it severely by chopping it, yet was unable to chop it down.
4. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
(a) He protects Billy and the girl puppy
(b) He chases a mountain lion
(c) He chases a raccoon
(d) He barks at the cries of a mountain lion
5. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
(a) His willingness to work hard to purchase the puppies.
(b) His self-assured attitude.
(c) His interest in hunting.
(d) His willingness to stick up for his puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
2. Which of the following is NOT a realization Billy comes to upon returning home with the puppies?
3. What does Billy discover about the dogs when he wakes in the morning in Chapter 9?
4. What does Billy tell his mother is the reason why he was able to get the puppies?
5. Why is Billy concerned about entering one of the dogs into the best looking dog contest?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)