|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy run away from home?
(a) His sisters tease him relentlessly about wanting puppies.
(b) To pursue a career as a hunter.
(c) To go purchase two hound puppies.
(d) His parents deny him hound puppies for a second time.
2. What does Billy see for the first time in the general store window in Chapter 4?
(a) A double-barreled gun.
(b) His puppies.
(c) A buggy.
(d) A pair of shoes.
3. Why does Billy refuse his father's suggestion of what to do the morning after his pups have treed their first raccoon?
(a) He does not want his father to be injured.
(b) He has given his word to the dogs that he will get the raccoon out.
(c) He is desperate to catch his first coon alone.
(d) He wants to prove he is a man.
4. How does Billy prepare Little Ann for the beauty contest?
(a) By brushing and rubbing hair oil into her hair.
(b) By brushing and rubbing butter into her hair.
(c) By teaching her commands.
(d) By telling her she is a beautiful dog.
5. Why does Billy apologize to the sycamore tree?
(a) He is ambivalent about hunting.
(b) He had to destroy it to honor his promise to the dogs.
(c) He believes God destroyed it for him.
(d) He injured it severely by chopping it, yet was unable to chop it down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Old Dan leave Billy's home during the night in Chapter 9?
2. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
3. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
4. Who helps Billy train the puppies?
5. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)