|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Billy's dogs have treed their first raccoon, who arrives later in the day to check on Billy?
(a) Billy's grandfather.
(c) His older sister.
2. Where does Little Ann find the "ghost coon" after Billy believes the bet is over?
(a) Down near the river.
(b) In a hollowed out gatepost.
(c) In the ghost tree.
(d) In a hollowed out tree.
3. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
(a) A coonskin hat.
(b) A collie puppy.
(c) A kitten.
4. What does the Tahlequah marshal give Billy before he leaves Tahlequah?
(b) A ride to the main road.
(c) A soda.
(d) A pair of shoes.
5. Why does Little Ann stop barking when she trees the "ghost coon"?
(a) She is waiting for Old Dan to arrive.
(b) She is waiting for Billy to arrive.
(c) She is unsure that he is actually in the tree.
(d) She has lost his scent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy decide not to kill the "ghost coon"?
2. in Chapter 14, what concern about Little Ann does Billy share with his father?
3. How does Billy react in Chapter 6 when he discovers his mother's concern for his absence?
4. What does Little Ann do in Chapter 8 that shows Billy she has not fallen for the raccoon's trick?
5. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)