|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is Billy able to earn per coonskin?
(a) Exactly $10.
(c) Up to $100.
(d) Up to $10.
2. Where do Billy and the puppies stop to rest on their journey home from Tahlequah?
(a) The abandoned campsite where he found the magazine.
(b) In a town outside of the Ozark Mountains.
(c) At his grandfather's store.
(d) Alongside the river.
3. What does Billy discover about the dogs when he wakes in the morning in Chapter 9?
(a) The dogs are as tired as he is.
(b) Little Ann is missing.
(c) Old Dan is missing.
(d) The dogs are more determined than he is.
4. Which of the following is NOT a realization Billy comes to upon returning home with the puppies?
(a) His parents were not concerned when he was gone.
(b) His parents truly love him.
(c) His home is a peaceful place.
(d) His family's home is clean and neat.
5. Why does Old Dan leave Billy's home during the night in Chapter 9?
(a) To track another coon.
(b) To find Little Ann.
(c) To return to the tree where the coon is.
(d) To swim in the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy visit his grandfather's store on the day he encounters the Pritchard boys?
2. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
3. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
4. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
5. What reason does Billy's father provide for Billy's inability to catch a raccoon in his new traps?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)