|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy do to prevent Old Dan from entering the hollow tree again?
(a) He plugs the hole with rocks.
(b) He moves the dogs to another area of the woods to hunt.
(c) He cuts the tree down.
(d) He punishes him for going up the tree.
2. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
(a) Keep Billy's plan to purchase the puppies a secret.
(b) Place the order for the dogs.
(c) Lend Billy the money to purchase the puppies.
(d) Contact the kennel to make sure they are still in business.
3. Where does Little Ann find the "ghost coon" after Billy believes the bet is over?
(a) Down near the river.
(b) In a hollowed out tree.
(c) In the ghost tree.
(d) In a hollowed out gatepost.
4. Why does Little Ann stop barking when she trees the "ghost coon"?
(a) She is waiting for Old Dan to arrive.
(b) She has lost his scent.
(c) She is unsure that he is actually in the tree.
(d) She is waiting for Billy to arrive.
5. What does Billy decide to name the puppies?
(a) Boy and Girl.
(b) Billy and Megan.
(c) Dan and Ann.
(d) Daniel and Annabelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama make out of Billy's first coonskin?
2. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
3. What does Billy hear during the night in Chapter 15 that he takes as a bad omen?
4. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
5. What challenge do the Pritchard boys pose for Billy and the dogs?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)