|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy characterize Tahlequah when talking with his father in Chapter 6?
(a) As wonderful.
(b) As confusing.
(c) As exciting.
(d) As unpleasant.
2. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
3. What does Billy do each morning when he returns home from hunting?
(a) Helps his mother with chores.
(b) Goes to work in the fields with his father.
(c) Cares for the dogs' feet.
(d) Eats breakfast and goes to bed.
4. Which night does Billy draw to hunt in the contest?
(a) The fourth night.
(b) The first night.
(c) The last night.
(d) The third night.
5. Why does Billy's mother punish him in Chapter 7?
(a) For using her good scissors to cut a tin can.
(b) For taking a tin can from the junk pile without permission.
(c) For going hunting without permission.
(d) For leaving to pick up the puppies without telling her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Billy's father discover he had traveled to Tahlequah to pick up the puppies?
2. Why does Billy refuse his father's suggestion of what to do the morning after his pups have treed their first raccoon?
3. Why does Billy visit his grandfather's store on the day he encounters the Pritchard boys?
4. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
5. How much is Billy able to earn per coonskin?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)