|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Billy concerned about entering one of the dogs into the best looking dog contest?
(a) He believes they are too small.
(b) He is afraid of losing the contest.
(c) He does not want to hurt the feelings of either dog.
(d) He is not concerned about their looks, only their hunting abilities.
2. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
(a) Talking to another child.
(b) Caring for his canary.
(c) Putting the puppies.
3. Why does Billy pay the Pritchard boys $2?
(a) His grandfather instructed him to pay the boys regardless of the outcome of the bet.
(b) He believes he has lost the bet since the dogs seem to have given up finding the "ghost coon".
(c) He owed them for supplies purchased for hunting.
(d) He believes his dogs have failed him.
4. Why does Billy think the sycamore tree falling is an example of divine intervention?
(a) He has a strong faith in God.
(b) He has an unnatural ability to continue chopping despite the pain.
(c) He has prayed for assistance.
(d) The breeze that blows it down does not affect any other tree in the area.
5. What does Billy do to try and gain an advantage on his night of hunting in the contest?
(a) Take his father and grandfather along hunting.
(b) Move out of the over-hunted area.
(c) Give the dogs a pep talk.
(d) Encourage the dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
2. Why does Billy visit his grandfather's store on the day he encounters the Pritchard boys?
3. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
4. What does Papa do to get Little Ann to come back to Billy in Chapter 17?
5. What does the Tahlequah marshal give Billy before he leaves Tahlequah?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)