|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
2. How long does it take Billy to catch his first raccoon in the traps?
(a) More than a month.
(b) More than a week.
(c) One day.
(d) Exactly one week.
3. How does the group find Old Dan in Chapter 17?
(a) They call to him.
(b) Little Ann leads them to him.
(c) They hear him baying.
(d) They follow the coon.
4. What does Billy use to make collars for the puppies?
(b) Pieces of his fathers' check lines.
(c) Bailing wire.
(d) Leather from old shoes.
5. What does Papa do to get Little Ann to come back to Billy in Chapter 17?
(a) He shoots his gun.
(b) He calls to her.
(c) He lures her back with a treat.
(d) He pretends to be a raccoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy visit his grandfather's store on the day he encounters the Pritchard boys?
2. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
3. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
4. How does Rainie Pritchard characterize Billy's grandfather?
5. What do the other hunters tease Billy about when they talk at his grandfather's store?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)