|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Billy's father discover he had traveled to Tahlequah to pick up the puppies?
(a) He received a letter from the Tahlequah deport stationmaster.
(b) He received a phone call from the Tahlequah depot stationmaster.
(c) He was unaware of Billy's travels until the boy returned home.
(d) He talked to Billy's grandfather.
2. What does Billy observe the boys at the playground in Tahlequah doing that he wants to try for himself?
(a) Swinging on the swings.
(b) Sliding down a pipe.
(c) Playing ball.
3. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
(a) She rushes over to help him.
(b) She reports him to the school principal.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She is disgusted by his appearance.
4. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
(b) Several raccoons.
(c) A deer.
(d) Samie, the pet cat.
5. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
(a) Two dogs.
(b) A gun.
(c) A dog.
(d) A brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy run away from home?
2. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
3. Why does Billy become disillusioned with his new hunting traps?
4. What information does Billy's father give him in Chapter 6 about town life that surprises Billy?
5. What is unique about the area that Billy's family lives in when he is young?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)