|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
2. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
(a) Shares it with his sisters.
(b) Shares it with his entire family.
(c) Hides it from his sisters.
(d) Eats it on the way home.
3. Where do Billy and the puppies stop to rest on their journey home from Tahlequah?
(a) Alongside the river.
(b) The abandoned campsite where he found the magazine.
(c) At his grandfather's store.
(d) In a town outside of the Ozark Mountains.
4. Which of the following is NOT a realization Billy comes to upon returning home with the puppies?
(a) His parents truly love him.
(b) His home is a peaceful place.
(c) His parents were not concerned when he was gone.
(d) His family's home is clean and neat.
5. What information does Billy's father give him in Chapter 6 about town life that surprises Billy?
(a) He intends to move to town to open a store.
(b) His father has never been into a town.
(c) He intends to move the family to town at some point in the future.
(d) His father grew up in a town like Tahlequah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
2. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
3. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
4. Where does Billy camp with the puppies in Chapter 5?
5. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)