|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
(a) Lend Billy the money to purchase the puppies.
(b) Place the order for the dogs.
(c) Contact the kennel to make sure they are still in business.
(d) Keep Billy's plan to purchase the puppies a secret.
2. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
(a) By working in his grandfather's store.
(b) With the earnings from the sale of his first coonskin.
(c) With the money he has saved.
(d) With money he got for his birthday.
3. What does Billy decide to name the puppies?
(a) Boy and Girl.
(b) Dan and Ann.
(c) Daniel and Annabelle.
(d) Billy and Megan.
4. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
(b) A kitten.
(c) A coonskin hat.
(d) A collie puppy.
5. Why does Billy run away from home?
(a) To go purchase two hound puppies.
(b) His sisters tease him relentlessly about wanting puppies.
(c) To pursue a career as a hunter.
(d) His parents deny him hound puppies for a second time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the general store owner offer Billy a pair of shoes?
2. What did Billy bring to Tahlequah to carry the puppies home in?
3. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
4. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
5. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)