|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Billy's father discover he had traveled to Tahlequah to pick up the puppies?
(a) He talked to Billy's grandfather.
(b) He received a letter from the Tahlequah deport stationmaster.
(c) He was unaware of Billy's travels until the boy returned home.
(d) He received a phone call from the Tahlequah depot stationmaster.
2. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
(a) Contact the kennel to make sure they are still in business.
(b) Place the order for the dogs.
(c) Lend Billy the money to purchase the puppies.
(d) Keep Billy's plan to purchase the puppies a secret.
3. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
(a) His plan to save money to order the hound puppies.
(b) His hound puppy purchase.
(c) His continued interest in getting two puppies.
(d) His plan to run away from home to become a hunter.
4. How does Billy react to the town of Tahlequah?
(a) He is frightened.
(b) He is overwhelmed.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is excited.
5. Why does the general store owner offer Billy a pair of shoes?
(a) He knows Billy cannot afford new shoes.
(b) He is barefooted.
(c) His shoes are wet from his walk.
(d) His shoes are torn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a realization Billy comes to upon returning home with the puppies?
2. What does Billy decide to name the puppies?
3. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
4. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
5. Why do the children at the playground in Tahlequah make fun of Billy?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)