|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
(a) It contains an ad for hound puppies.
(b) It is outdated.
(c) It contains an article about hound puppies.
(d) It contains valuable hunting tips.
2. Why does Billy run away from home?
(a) His parents deny him hound puppies for a second time.
(b) His sisters tease him relentlessly about wanting puppies.
(c) To go purchase two hound puppies.
(d) To pursue a career as a hunter.
3. What does the Tahlequah marshal give Billy before he leaves Tahlequah?
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A ride to the main road.
(d) A soda.
4. Why does Billy decide to walk to Tahlequah?
(a) He doesn't have the heart to tell his father about the puppies.
(b) He wants to inspect the puppies.
(c) He cannot stand to wait a week to pick up the puppies.
(d) He doesn't want to inconvenience his grandfather.
5. What did Billy bring to Tahlequah to carry the puppies home in?
(a) A box.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A backpack.
(d) A gunny sack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
2. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
3. Why does the general store owner offer Billy a pair of shoes?
4. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
5. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)