|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy run away from home?
(a) To pursue a career as a hunter.
(b) His sisters tease him relentlessly about wanting puppies.
(c) His parents deny him hound puppies for a second time.
(d) To go purchase two hound puppies.
2. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
(a) As courageous.
(b) As docile.
(c) As smart.
(d) As weak.
3. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
(a) He cries with joy.
(b) He scoops them up and kisses them.
(c) He is stunned that they are actually his now.
(d) He is frightened by their size.
4. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
(a) His hound puppy purchase.
(b) His plan to save money to order the hound puppies.
(c) His plan to run away from home to become a hunter.
(d) His continued interest in getting two puppies.
5. What prevents Billy's parents from buying him the puppies he wants?
(a) They cannot afford them.
(b) They do not want to have pets.
(c) They do not believe he will take care of them.
(d) They are not available in the area they live in.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy react in Chapter 6 when he discovers his mother's concern for his absence?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
3. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
4. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
5. What information does Billy's father give him in Chapter 6 about town life that surprises Billy?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)