|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy use to make collars for the puppies?
(a) Bailing wire.
(b) Leather from old shoes.
(d) Pieces of his fathers' check lines.
2. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
(a) A brother.
(b) Two dogs.
(c) A gun.
(d) A dog.
3. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
(a) He chases a mountain lion
(b) He protects Billy and the girl puppy
(c) He barks at the cries of a mountain lion
(d) He chases a raccoon
4. Why do the children at the playground in Tahlequah make fun of Billy?
(a) They can tell he lives in another state.
(b) He is not attending school.
(c) His hair needs to be cut.
(d) They say he looks like a hillbilly because he is not wearing shoes.
5. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
2. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
3. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
4. How does Billy react to the town of Tahlequah?
5. Why does Billy run away from home?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)