|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the children at the playground in Tahlequah make fun of Billy?
(a) They say he looks like a hillbilly because he is not wearing shoes.
(b) His hair needs to be cut.
(c) They can tell he lives in another state.
(d) He is not attending school.
2. Which of the following is NOT a realization Billy comes to upon returning home with the puppies?
(a) His home is a peaceful place.
(b) His parents truly love him.
(c) His parents were not concerned when he was gone.
(d) His family's home is clean and neat.
3. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
(a) He is afraid the marshal will put him in jail for fighting.
(b) He thinks the marshal will also hit him.
(c) He is afraid the marshal will confiscate the puppies.
(d) He thinks the marshal will arrest him.
4. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
(a) He becomes choked up because Billy has been saving for so long.
(b) He is excited that Billy will finally be able to purchase the puppies.
(c) He is shocked because he didn't believe Billy could do it.
(d) He is angry that the boy is not giving the money to his family.
5. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
(a) A hound puppy.
(c) A sportsman's magazine.
(d) An old tent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
2. What is unique about the area that Billy's family lives in when he is young?
3. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
4. Upon bringing them home, where does Billy intend for the puppies to sleep?
5. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)