|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
2. Why do the children at the playground in Tahlequah make fun of Billy?
(a) He is not attending school.
(b) His hair needs to be cut.
(c) They can tell he lives in another state.
(d) They say he looks like a hillbilly because he is not wearing shoes.
3. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
(a) His self-assured attitude.
(b) His willingness to stick up for his puppies.
(c) His interest in hunting.
(d) His willingness to work hard to purchase the puppies.
4. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
5. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
(a) He agrees to stop asking for the puppies.
(b) He is willing to take on a part time job.
(c) He asks for only one hound puppy.
(d) He tells his parents he will wait to get the puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents Billy's parents from buying him the puppies he wants?
2. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
3. How does Billy react in Chapter 6 when he discovers his mother's concern for his absence?
4. What does Billy decide to name the puppies?
5. What is unique about the area that Billy's family lives in when he is young?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)