|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
(a) A brother.
(b) Two dogs.
(c) A dog.
(d) A gun.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the items Billy purchases with his final $10 in Chapter 4?
(a) Cloth for his mother and sisters.
(b) Overalls for his father.
(c) Shoes for himself.
(d) A bag of candy.
3. What is unique about the area that Billy's family lives in when he is young?
(a) It is remote.
(b) It is the best hunting land in the country.
(c) It is isolated and rural.
(d) It is near a river.
4. What information does Billy's father give him in Chapter 6 about town life that surprises Billy?
(a) He intends to move the family to town at some point in the future.
(b) He intends to move to town to open a store.
(c) His father grew up in a town like Tahlequah.
(d) His father has never been into a town.
5. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
(a) The male dog is larger than the female dog.
(b) The female dog is larger than the male dog.
(c) Both dogs are larger than he expected.
(d) Both of the dogs are smaller than he expected.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Billy's father discover he had traveled to Tahlequah to pick up the puppies?
2. How does Billy react when the women in Tahlequah criticize him while walking through town with his puppies?
3. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
4. What does Billy decide to name the puppies?
5. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)