|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
(a) He is excited that Billy will finally be able to purchase the puppies.
(b) He is angry that the boy is not giving the money to his family.
(c) He becomes choked up because Billy has been saving for so long.
(d) He is shocked because he didn't believe Billy could do it.
2. What happens to Billy when he tries to join in with the activity the children at the playground in Tahlequah are participating in?
(a) He gets caught on the pipe.
(b) The children laugh at him.
(c) He splatters on to the ground.
(d) He is too frightened to slide down.
3. Why do the children at the playground in Tahlequah make fun of Billy?
(a) They say he looks like a hillbilly because he is not wearing shoes.
(b) They can tell he lives in another state.
(c) His hair needs to be cut.
(d) He is not attending school.
4. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
(a) As courageous.
(b) As weak.
(c) As smart.
(d) As docile.
5. Which of the following is NOT a realization Billy comes to upon returning home with the puppies?
(a) His parents truly love him.
(b) His family's home is clean and neat.
(c) His home is a peaceful place.
(d) His parents were not concerned when he was gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy see for the first time in the general store window in Chapter 4?
2. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
4. Where does Billy camp with the puppies in Chapter 5?
5. What does Billy observe the boys at the playground in Tahlequah doing that he wants to try for himself?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)