|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Billy's father discover he had traveled to Tahlequah to pick up the puppies?
(a) He received a letter from the Tahlequah deport stationmaster.
(b) He talked to Billy's grandfather.
(c) He was unaware of Billy's travels until the boy returned home.
(d) He received a phone call from the Tahlequah depot stationmaster.
2. What is unique about the area that Billy's family lives in when he is young?
(a) It is the best hunting land in the country.
(b) It is isolated and rural.
(c) It is near a river.
(d) It is remote.
3. How does Billy react to the town of Tahlequah?
(a) He is overwhelmed.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is frightened.
(d) He is confused.
4. What does Billy seemingly randomly ask his family that shocks and entertains them in Chapter 4?
(a) For a ride to Kentucky.
(b) How far it is to Kentucky.
(c) For a haircut.
(d) When he can get his puppies.
5. What does Billy tell his mother is the reason why he was able to get the puppies?
(a) God answered his prayer.
(b) He earned the money over three summers.
(c) He borrowed money from his grandfather.
(d) His grandfather surprised him with the puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy become disillusioned with his new hunting traps?
2. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
3. Upon bringing them home, where does Billy intend for the puppies to sleep?
4. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
5. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)