|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the general store owner offer Billy a pair of shoes?
(a) His shoes are wet from his walk.
(b) His shoes are torn.
(c) He is barefooted.
(d) He knows Billy cannot afford new shoes.
2. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
(a) At the kennel he ordered them from.
(b) At a depot in Kentucky.
(c) At his grandfather's store.
(d) At a depot in Oklahoma.
3. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
(a) He is afraid the marshal will confiscate the puppies.
(b) He thinks the marshal will arrest him.
(c) He is afraid the marshal will put him in jail for fighting.
(d) He thinks the marshal will also hit him.
4. After purchasing the puppies, who does Billy credit with his good fortune in Chapter 6?
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His father.
5. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
(a) In the Appalachian Mountains.
(b) In Idaho.
(c) In the Ozark Mountains.
(d) In Texas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
2. How does Billy react to the town of Tahlequah?
3. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
4. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
5. Upon bringing them home, where does Billy intend for the puppies to sleep?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)