|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy choose the particular names for the puppies that he does?
(a) He saw them in an old sportsman's magazine.
(b) They are his grandparents' names.
(c) He sees them carved on a tree at the campsite where he found the sportsman's magazine.
(d) His sisters choose the names.
2. Why does the general store owner offer Billy a pair of shoes?
(a) He knows Billy cannot afford new shoes.
(b) His shoes are torn.
(c) He is barefooted.
(d) His shoes are wet from his walk.
3. After purchasing the puppies, who does Billy credit with his good fortune in Chapter 6?
(a) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
4. What does Billy see for the first time in the general store window in Chapter 4?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A buggy.
(c) A double-barreled gun.
(d) His puppies.
5. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
(a) He is afraid the marshal will put him in jail for fighting.
(b) He is afraid the marshal will confiscate the puppies.
(c) He thinks the marshal will arrest him.
(d) He thinks the marshal will also hit him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy react when the women in Tahlequah criticize him while walking through town with his puppies?
2. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
3. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
4. What does Billy observe the boys at the playground in Tahlequah doing that he wants to try for himself?
5. Why do the children at the playground in Tahlequah make fun of Billy?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)