|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about the area that Billy's family lives in when he is young?
(a) It is near a river.
(b) It is isolated and rural.
(c) It is remote.
(d) It is the best hunting land in the country.
2. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
(a) His hound puppy purchase.
(b) His plan to run away from home to become a hunter.
(c) His continued interest in getting two puppies.
(d) His plan to save money to order the hound puppies.
3. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
4. What prevents Billy's parents from buying him the puppies he wants?
(a) They are not available in the area they live in.
(b) They do not want to have pets.
(c) They do not believe he will take care of them.
(d) They cannot afford them.
5. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
(a) An old tent.
(b) A hound puppy.
(d) A sportsman's magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
2. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
4. What does Billy observe the boys at the playground in Tahlequah doing that he wants to try for himself?
5. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)