|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
(a) He protects Billy and the girl puppy
(b) He barks at the cries of a mountain lion
(c) He chases a raccoon
(d) He chases a mountain lion
2. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
(a) A coonskin hat.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A collie puppy.
3. What happens to Billy when he tries to join in with the activity the children at the playground in Tahlequah are participating in?
(a) He is too frightened to slide down.
(b) The children laugh at him.
(c) He splatters on to the ground.
(d) He gets caught on the pipe.
4. How does Billy react in Chapter 6 when he discovers his mother's concern for his absence?
(a) He buries his head in her lap and cries.
(b) He is angry that his grandfather told his parents where he was.
(c) He is oblivious to her concern.
(d) He feels guilty and sad.
5. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
(a) At a depot in Kentucky.
(b) At his grandfather's store.
(c) At a depot in Oklahoma.
(d) At the kennel he ordered them from.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
2. What does Billy tell his mother is the reason why he was able to get the puppies?
3. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
4. How does Billy characterize Tahlequah when talking with his father in Chapter 6?
5. What does Billy see for the first time in the general store window in Chapter 4?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)