|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
(a) An old baking powder can.
(b) An old soda can.
(c) A jar.
(d) An old sock.
2. What does Billy see for the first time in the general store window in Chapter 4?
(a) His puppies.
(b) A double-barreled gun.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A buggy.
3. What does Billy tell his mother is the reason why he was able to get the puppies?
(a) He earned the money over three summers.
(b) God answered his prayer.
(c) His grandfather surprised him with the puppies.
(d) He borrowed money from his grandfather.
4. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
(a) A coonskin hat.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A collie puppy.
5. How does Billy react in Chapter 6 when he discovers his mother's concern for his absence?
(a) He feels guilty and sad.
(b) He buries his head in her lap and cries.
(c) He is oblivious to her concern.
(d) He is angry that his grandfather told his parents where he was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Billy when he tries to join in with the activity the children at the playground in Tahlequah are participating in?
2. Where does Billy camp with the puppies in Chapter 5?
3. How does Billy react when the women in Tahlequah criticize him while walking through town with his puppies?
4. Why do the children at the playground in Tahlequah make fun of Billy?
5. Upon bringing them home, where does Billy intend for the puppies to sleep?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)