|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Billy when he tries to join in with the activity the children at the playground in Tahlequah are participating in?
(a) He splatters on to the ground.
(b) He is too frightened to slide down.
(c) He gets caught on the pipe.
(d) The children laugh at him.
2. Why does Billy become disillusioned with his new hunting traps?
(a) He is unable to catch a raccoon.
(b) They are not appropriate for catching raccoons.
(c) He doesn't know how to operate them properly.
(d) They break easily.
3. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
(a) He is unable to complete his chores.
(b) He stops speaking.
(c) He loses his appetite.
(d) He becomes angry and violent.
4. How does Billy react in Chapter 6 when he discovers his mother's concern for his absence?
(a) He buries his head in her lap and cries.
(b) He is angry that his grandfather told his parents where he was.
(c) He feels guilty and sad.
(d) He is oblivious to her concern.
5. What does Billy see for the first time in the general store window in Chapter 4?
(a) A buggy.
(b) A double-barreled gun.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) His puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
2. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
3. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the items Billy purchases with his final $10 in Chapter 4?
5. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)