|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about the area that Billy's family lives in when he is young?
(a) It is near a river.
(b) It is remote.
(c) It is isolated and rural.
(d) It is the best hunting land in the country.
2. Why does Billy decide to walk to Tahlequah?
(a) He wants to inspect the puppies.
(b) He cannot stand to wait a week to pick up the puppies.
(c) He doesn't have the heart to tell his father about the puppies.
(d) He doesn't want to inconvenience his grandfather.
3. How does Billy react in Chapter 6 when he discovers his mother's concern for his absence?
(a) He feels guilty and sad.
(b) He buries his head in her lap and cries.
(c) He is oblivious to her concern.
(d) He is angry that his grandfather told his parents where he was.
4. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A coonskin hat.
(c) A collie puppy.
5. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
(a) His self-assured attitude.
(b) His interest in hunting.
(c) His willingness to work hard to purchase the puppies.
(d) His willingness to stick up for his puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
2. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
3. Where does Billy camp with the puppies in Chapter 5?
4. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
5. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)