|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the children at the playground in Tahlequah make fun of Billy?
(a) They can tell he lives in another state.
(b) He is not attending school.
(c) They say he looks like a hillbilly because he is not wearing shoes.
(d) His hair needs to be cut.
2. How does Billy react in Chapter 6 when he discovers his mother's concern for his absence?
(a) He buries his head in her lap and cries.
(b) He is angry that his grandfather told his parents where he was.
(c) He feels guilty and sad.
(d) He is oblivious to her concern.
3. After purchasing the puppies, who does Billy credit with his good fortune in Chapter 6?
(a) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
4. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
(a) He is willing to take on a part time job.
(b) He agrees to stop asking for the puppies.
(c) He asks for only one hound puppy.
(d) He tells his parents he will wait to get the puppies.
5. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
(a) His hound puppy purchase.
(b) His continued interest in getting two puppies.
(c) His plan to run away from home to become a hunter.
(d) His plan to save money to order the hound puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the items Billy purchases with his final $10 in Chapter 4?
3. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
4. Upon bringing them home, where does Billy intend for the puppies to sleep?
5. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)