|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
(a) A coonskin hat.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A collie puppy.
2. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
3. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
(a) He chases a mountain lion
(b) He barks at the cries of a mountain lion
(c) He chases a raccoon
(d) He protects Billy and the girl puppy
4. How does Billy react when the women in Tahlequah criticize him while walking through town with his puppies?
(a) He ignores their comments.
(b) He begins crying.
(c) He gets into a fight with the women.
(d) He makes fun of the feathers in their hats.
5. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
(a) He asks for only one hound puppy.
(b) He agrees to stop asking for the puppies.
(c) He is willing to take on a part time job.
(d) He tells his parents he will wait to get the puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Billy when he tries to join in with the activity the children at the playground in Tahlequah are participating in?
2. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
3. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
4. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
5. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)