|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
(a) The boy makes fun of Billy's appearance.
(b) The boy tries to steal the puppies.
(c) The boy steps on Billy's bare foot with his cowboy boot.
(d) The boy pulls the ears of one of the puppies.
2. Why does Billy run away from home?
(a) His sisters tease him relentlessly about wanting puppies.
(b) To pursue a career as a hunter.
(c) To go purchase two hound puppies.
(d) His parents deny him hound puppies for a second time.
3. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
4. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
(a) He is shocked because he didn't believe Billy could do it.
(b) He is angry that the boy is not giving the money to his family.
(c) He is excited that Billy will finally be able to purchase the puppies.
(d) He becomes choked up because Billy has been saving for so long.
5. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
(a) Several raccoons.
(b) Samie, the pet cat.
(d) A deer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
2. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
3. What is unique about the area that Billy's family lives in when he is young?
4. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
5. Why does the general store owner offer Billy a pair of shoes?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)