|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
(a) It is outdated.
(b) It contains valuable hunting tips.
(c) It contains an article about hound puppies.
(d) It contains an ad for hound puppies.
2. How does Billy react in Chapter 6 when he discovers his mother's concern for his absence?
(a) He buries his head in her lap and cries.
(b) He is angry that his grandfather told his parents where he was.
(c) He is oblivious to her concern.
(d) He feels guilty and sad.
3. Why does Billy decide to walk to Tahlequah?
(a) He cannot stand to wait a week to pick up the puppies.
(b) He wants to inspect the puppies.
(c) He doesn't have the heart to tell his father about the puppies.
(d) He doesn't want to inconvenience his grandfather.
4. What does Billy seemingly randomly ask his family that shocks and entertains them in Chapter 4?
(a) For a ride to Kentucky.
(b) How far it is to Kentucky.
(c) When he can get his puppies.
(d) For a haircut.
5. What breed of dog does Billy's father offer to get for him?
(a) A Coon Hound.
(b) A Redbone Hound.
(c) A Labrador Retriever.
(d) A Collie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Billy when he tries to join in with the activity the children at the playground in Tahlequah are participating in?
2. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
3. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
4. What prevents Billy's parents from buying him the puppies he wants?
5. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)