Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
(a) Putting the puppies.
(b) Caring for his canary.
(d) Talking to another child.
2. What does Grandpa give Billy in Chapter 15 that marks him as an adult?
(a) A cup of coffee.
(d) A gun.
3. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
(a) Lend Billy the money to purchase the puppies.
(b) Place the order for the dogs.
(c) Keep Billy's plan to purchase the puppies a secret.
(d) Contact the kennel to make sure they are still in business.
4. Why does Billy choose the particular names for the puppies that he does?
(a) He saw them in an old sportsman's magazine.
(b) They are his grandparents' names.
(c) He sees them carved on a tree at the campsite where he found the sportsman's magazine.
(d) His sisters choose the names.
5. Which of the following is NOT a realization Billy comes to upon returning home with the puppies?
(a) His parents were not concerned when he was gone.
(b) His parents truly love him.
(c) His family's home is clean and neat.
(d) His home is a peaceful place.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many raccoons do Billy and the dogs catch during the hunting contest?
2. After Billy's dogs have treed their first raccoon, who arrives later in the day to check on Billy?
3. What reason does Billy's father provide for Billy's inability to catch a raccoon in his new traps?
4. What amazes the other hunters about Old Dan and Little Ann's actions after chasing the raccoon through the river?
5. How does Billy characterize Tahlequah when talking with his father in Chapter 6?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)