|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
(a) He thinks the marshal will also hit him.
(b) He thinks the marshal will arrest him.
(c) He is afraid the marshal will put him in jail for fighting.
(d) He is afraid the marshal will confiscate the puppies.
2. How does Billy's grandfather help him get the item he needs to train the dogs as trackers?
(a) He purchases one for Billy from a local hunter.
(b) He teaches Billy how to create a trap using a log, nails and a piece of tin.
(c) He gives Billy hunting traps to use.
(d) He gives Billy one he had from when he was a boy.
3. Where does Billy camp with the puppies in Chapter 5?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In an abandoned building.
(c) Just outside of Tahlequah,
(d) In a cave.
4. What happens to Dan when he and the raccoon fight?
(a) His nose is split open.
(b) He is fine. The raccoon is injured.
(c) His paw is cut.
(d) He is bit by the raccoon.
5. What item does Billy need to train the dogs as trackers?
(a) A coon skin.
(c) A raccoon.
(d) A whistle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
2. What does Mama do to help alleviate the muscle pain Billy is experiencing in Chapter 9?
3. Why does Billy's mother punish him in Chapter 7?
4. Why does Billy visit his grandfather's store on the day he encounters the Pritchard boys?
5. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)