|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy's grandfather help him get the item he needs to train the dogs as trackers?
(a) He purchases one for Billy from a local hunter.
(b) He gives Billy one he had from when he was a boy.
(c) He gives Billy hunting traps to use.
(d) He teaches Billy how to create a trap using a log, nails and a piece of tin.
2. What does Billy discover about the dogs when he wakes in the morning in Chapter 9?
(a) The dogs are more determined than he is.
(b) Little Ann is missing.
(c) The dogs are as tired as he is.
(d) Old Dan is missing.
3. Why does Billy apologize to the sycamore tree?
(a) He injured it severely by chopping it, yet was unable to chop it down.
(b) He believes God destroyed it for him.
(c) He had to destroy it to honor his promise to the dogs.
(d) He is ambivalent about hunting.
4. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
(a) The boy steps on Billy's bare foot with his cowboy boot.
(b) The boy makes fun of Billy's appearance.
(c) The boy pulls the ears of one of the puppies.
(d) The boy tries to steal the puppies.
5. Why does Old Dan leave Billy's home during the night in Chapter 9?
(a) To track another coon.
(b) To find Little Ann.
(c) To return to the tree where the coon is.
(d) To swim in the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy do to gather strength when he believes he can no longer chop the tree down?
2. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
3. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
4. What did Billy bring to Tahlequah to carry the puppies home in?
5. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)