|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
(a) Lend Billy the money to purchase the puppies.
(b) Place the order for the dogs.
(c) Contact the kennel to make sure they are still in business.
(d) Keep Billy's plan to purchase the puppies a secret.
2. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
3. What does the Tahlequah marshal give Billy before he leaves Tahlequah?
(a) A soda.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A ride to the main road.
4. How many traps does Billy set up near the river in Chapter 7?
5. What item does Billy need to train the dogs as trackers?
(a) A coon skin.
(c) A raccoon.
(d) A whistle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
2. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
3. What does Billy's mother think has happened to him when he comes home yelling after visiting the traps in Chapter 7?
4. Why does Billy apologize to the sycamore tree?
5. What does Billy's grandfather suggest in Chapter 9 the boy do to keep the coon in the tree while he goes home to rest?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)