|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy's grandfather believe the price of coonskins will increase?
(a) There are less hunters than there were before.
(b) Coonskin hats have become popular.
(c) Coonskins are becoming more rare.
(d) Coonskin coats have become popular.
2. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
(a) Shares it with his entire family.
(b) Hides it from his sisters.
(c) Shares it with his sisters.
(d) Eats it on the way home.
3. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
4. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
(a) By not asking him for the puppies any longer.
(b) By working in the fields with him.
(c) By taking care of his sisters.
(d) By performing chores around the house.
5. What item does Billy need to train the dogs as trackers?
(a) A whistle.
(b) A coon skin.
(d) A raccoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
2. Who helps Billy train the puppies?
3. Why does Billy's mother punish him in Chapter 7?
4. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
5. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)