|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Old Dan not want to get into Billy's grandfather's buggy in Chapter 9?
(a) He is afraid of the buggy.
(b) He does not want to leave Little Ann.
(c) He does not want to leave the coon in the tree.
(d) He is not tired and hungry.
2. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
(a) Both dogs are larger than he expected.
(b) The female dog is larger than the male dog.
(c) The male dog is larger than the female dog.
(d) Both of the dogs are smaller than he expected.
3. Why does Old Dan leave Billy's home during the night in Chapter 9?
(a) To find Little Ann.
(b) To swim in the river.
(c) To return to the tree where the coon is.
(d) To track another coon.
4. Where does Billy camp with the puppies in Chapter 5?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In an abandoned building.
(c) Just outside of Tahlequah,
(d) In a cave.
5. How does Billy's grandfather help him get the item he needs to train the dogs as trackers?
(a) He gives Billy one he had from when he was a boy.
(b) He gives Billy hunting traps to use.
(c) He purchases one for Billy from a local hunter.
(d) He teaches Billy how to create a trap using a log, nails and a piece of tin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many traps does Billy set up near the river in Chapter 7?
2. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
3. Why does Billy think the sycamore tree falling is an example of divine intervention?
4. What does Billy's grandfather suggest in Chapter 9 the boy do to keep the coon in the tree while he goes home to rest?
5. What did Billy bring to Tahlequah to carry the puppies home in?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)