|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
(a) He thinks the marshal will also hit him.
(b) He is afraid the marshal will put him in jail for fighting.
(c) He thinks the marshal will arrest him.
(d) He is afraid the marshal will confiscate the puppies.
2. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
(a) He picks berries to sell at his grandfather's store.
(b) He works in the fields with his father.
(c) He sells vegetables.
(d) He catches and sells bait to fishermen.
3. What does Papa instruct Billy to do to his traps once he has caught his first raccoon?
(a) Take the traps apart and only use the pups to hunt.
(b) Take the traps apart and never hunt again.
(c) Move the traps to the house to save for later.
(d) Move his traps to another location.
4. What does Billy's grandfather tell Billy he will need to have to finish cutting down the tree?
(a) Faith in God.
(b) Determination and will power.
(c) A new ax.
(d) Focus and determination.
5. What did Billy bring to Tahlequah to carry the puppies home in?
(a) A box.
(b) A gunny sack.
(c) A backpack.
(d) A wagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the "ghost coon" ultimately head for at the end of Chapter 12?
2. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
3. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
4. What does Mama do to help alleviate the muscle pain Billy is experiencing in Chapter 9?
5. What reason does Billy's father provide for Billy's inability to catch a raccoon in his new traps?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)