|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama do to help alleviate the muscle pain Billy is experiencing in Chapter 9?
(a) Gives him a folk medicine pain reliever.
(b) Tells him to rest.
(c) Gives him a hot bath and a massage.
(d) Gives him aspirin.
2. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
(a) He works in the fields with his father.
(b) He sells vegetables.
(c) He catches and sells bait to fishermen.
(d) He picks berries to sell at his grandfather's store.
3. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
(a) With money he got for his birthday.
(b) With the earnings from the sale of his first coonskin.
(c) By working in his grandfather's store.
(d) With the money he has saved.
4. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
(a) Shares it with his sisters.
(b) Shares it with his entire family.
(c) Eats it on the way home.
(d) Hides it from his sisters.
5. Why does Billy apologize to the sycamore tree?
(a) He believes God destroyed it for him.
(b) He injured it severely by chopping it, yet was unable to chop it down.
(c) He had to destroy it to honor his promise to the dogs.
(d) He is ambivalent about hunting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy find at the abandoned campsite?
2. What does the Tahlequah marshal give Billy before he leaves Tahlequah?
3. Why does Little Ann stop barking when she trees the "ghost coon"?
4. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
5. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)