|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
(a) He becomes choked up because Billy has been saving for so long.
(b) He is excited that Billy will finally be able to purchase the puppies.
(c) He is angry that the boy is not giving the money to his family.
(d) He is shocked because he didn't believe Billy could do it.
2. Why does Old Dan not want to get into Billy's grandfather's buggy in Chapter 9?
(a) He does not want to leave the coon in the tree.
(b) He is not tired and hungry.
(c) He does not want to leave Little Ann.
(d) He is afraid of the buggy.
3. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
(a) The male dog is larger than the female dog.
(b) Both dogs are larger than he expected.
(c) The female dog is larger than the male dog.
(d) Both of the dogs are smaller than he expected.
4. What does Billy do to gather strength when he believes he can no longer chop the tree down?
(a) He rests and eats a hot meal.
(b) He prays to God for strength.
(c) He asks his father for help.
(d) He looks at the faces of his two dogs.
5. What does Papa instruct Billy to do to his traps once he has caught his first raccoon?
(a) Move the traps to the house to save for later.
(b) Take the traps apart and only use the pups to hunt.
(c) Move his traps to another location.
(d) Take the traps apart and never hunt again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rainie Pritchard characterize Billy's grandfather?
2. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
3. Why does Billy think the sycamore tree falling is an example of divine intervention?
4. What does Billy's grandfather tell Billy he will need to have to finish cutting down the tree?
5. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)