|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy apologize to the sycamore tree?
(a) He had to destroy it to honor his promise to the dogs.
(b) He injured it severely by chopping it, yet was unable to chop it down.
(c) He is ambivalent about hunting.
(d) He believes God destroyed it for him.
2. How many traps does Billy set up near the river in Chapter 7?
3. Why does Old Dan leave Billy's home during the night in Chapter 9?
(a) To track another coon.
(b) To find Little Ann.
(c) To return to the tree where the coon is.
(d) To swim in the river.
4. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
(a) With money he got for his birthday.
(b) With the earnings from the sale of his first coonskin.
(c) By working in his grandfather's store.
(d) With the money he has saved.
5. How does Rainie Pritchard characterize Billy's grandfather?
(a) As wealthy.
(b) As dishonest.
(c) As mean.
(d) As fair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the "ghost coon" ultimately head for at the end of Chapter 12?
2. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
3. What does Billy's grandfather suggest in Chapter 9 the boy do to keep the coon in the tree while he goes home to rest?
4. Why does Billy think the sycamore tree falling is an example of divine intervention?
5. What did Billy bring to Tahlequah to carry the puppies home in?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)