|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy's grandfather believe the price of coonskins will increase?
(a) Coonskin hats have become popular.
(b) Coonskin coats have become popular.
(c) There are less hunters than there were before.
(d) Coonskins are becoming more rare.
2. What does Billy's grandfather tell him that raccoons cannot resist?
(a) Shiny objects.
(c) Fallen logs.
3. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
(a) Contact the kennel to make sure they are still in business.
(b) Lend Billy the money to purchase the puppies.
(c) Keep Billy's plan to purchase the puppies a secret.
(d) Place the order for the dogs.
4. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
(a) An old sock.
(b) A jar.
(c) An old baking powder can.
(d) An old soda can.
5. Who helps Billy train the puppies?
(b) His older sister.
(c) His youngest sister.
(d) Billy's grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
2. What reason does Billy's father provide for Billy's inability to catch a raccoon in his new traps?
3. What does Billy do to gather strength when he believes he can no longer chop the tree down?
4. What challenge do the Pritchard boys pose for Billy and the dogs?
5. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)