|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event helps Mama understand why Billy is determined to cut down "The Big Tree"?
(a) Billy's aching muscles.
(b) Old Dan's return to the tree during the night.
(c) Little Ann's return to the tree during the night.
(d) Billy's faith in God.
2. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
(a) As docile.
(b) As weak.
(c) As courageous.
(d) As smart.
3. Where does the "ghost coon" ultimately head for at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) Billy's home.
(b) The tallest tree in the forest.
(c) The ghost tree.
(d) An old field.
4. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
(a) His self-assured attitude.
(b) His willingness to work hard to purchase the puppies.
(c) His interest in hunting.
(d) His willingness to stick up for his puppies.
5. What challenge do the Pritchard boys pose for Billy and the dogs?
(a) Catching more raccoons than they have caught.
(b) Selling the most pelts.
(c) Catching the biggest raccoon.
(d) Treeing the "ghost coon."
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose bragging helps build Billy's reputation as a hunter?
2. How does Billy's grandfather help him get the item he needs to train the dogs as trackers?
3. What does Billy discover about the dogs when he wakes in the morning in Chapter 9?
4. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
5. What fear must Billy help the puppies overcome?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)