|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy do to gather strength when he believes he can no longer chop the tree down?
(a) He rests and eats a hot meal.
(b) He asks his father for help.
(c) He looks at the faces of his two dogs.
(d) He prays to God for strength.
2. How does Billy's grandfather help him get the item he needs to train the dogs as trackers?
(a) He gives Billy one he had from when he was a boy.
(b) He purchases one for Billy from a local hunter.
(c) He teaches Billy how to create a trap using a log, nails and a piece of tin.
(d) He gives Billy hunting traps to use.
3. What challenge do the Pritchard boys pose for Billy and the dogs?
(a) Catching the biggest raccoon.
(b) Catching more raccoons than they have caught.
(c) Treeing the "ghost coon."
(d) Selling the most pelts.
4. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
(b) Putting the puppies.
(c) Talking to another child.
(d) Caring for his canary.
5. What does Billy do with the bag of candy from his grandfather's store?
(a) Hides it from his sisters.
(b) Eats it on the way home.
(c) Shares it with his entire family.
(d) Shares it with his sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
2. Why does Old Dan leave Billy's home during the night in Chapter 9?
3. Where does Billy camp with the puppies in Chapter 5?
4. Where does the "ghost coon" ultimately head for at the end of Chapter 12?
5. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)