|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy's grandfather suggest in Chapter 9 the boy do to keep the coon in the tree while he goes home to rest?
(a) Construct and place a scarecrow at the base of the tree.
(b) Take the dogs home with him.
(c) Tie the dogs to the tree.
(d) Command the dogs to lie down at the base of the tree.
2. What item does Billy need to train the dogs as trackers?
(a) A coon skin.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A whistle.
3. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
(a) As smart.
(b) As docile.
(c) As courageous.
(d) As weak.
4. Where does Billy camp with the puppies in Chapter 5?
(a) Just outside of Tahlequah,
(b) In the woods.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In an abandoned building.
5. What does Billy's grandfather tell him that raccoons cannot resist?
(a) Shiny objects.
(d) Fallen logs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
2. What happens to Dan when he and the raccoon fight?
3. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
4. Where does the "ghost coon" ultimately head for at the end of Chapter 12?
5. How does Billy's grandfather help him get the item he needs to train the dogs as trackers?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)