|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy's mother punish him in Chapter 7?
(a) For taking a tin can from the junk pile without permission.
(b) For leaving to pick up the puppies without telling her.
(c) For going hunting without permission.
(d) For using her good scissors to cut a tin can.
2. What reason does Billy's father provide for Billy's inability to catch a raccoon in his new traps?
(a) Billy needs to be patient because raccoons are hard to find.
(b) Billy must set up more traps.
(c) Billy must wait for a raccoon to stumble upon the trap.
(d) Billy must wait until his scent dissipates before the raccoons will come.
3. Why does Billy's grandfather believe the price of coonskins will increase?
(a) Coonskins are becoming more rare.
(b) Coonskin hats have become popular.
(c) Coonskin coats have become popular.
(d) There are less hunters than there were before.
4. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
(a) With the earnings from the sale of his first coonskin.
(b) By working in his grandfather's store.
(c) With money he got for his birthday.
(d) With the money he has saved.
5. What does Billy's mother think has happened to him when he comes home yelling after visiting the traps in Chapter 7?
(a) He has been bitten by a snake.
(b) He has caught a raccoon.
(c) He has been bitten by a raccoon.
(d) One of the puppies has become injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Billy bring to Tahlequah to carry the puppies home in?
2. What challenge do the Pritchard boys pose for Billy and the dogs?
3. What does Papa instruct Billy to do to his traps once he has caught his first raccoon?
4. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
5. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)