|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
(b) Putting the puppies.
(c) Caring for his canary.
(d) Talking to another child.
2. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
(a) It contains an article about hound puppies.
(b) It is outdated.
(c) It contains valuable hunting tips.
(d) It contains an ad for hound puppies.
3. Why does Old Dan not want to get into Billy's grandfather's buggy in Chapter 9?
(a) He does not want to leave Little Ann.
(b) He is afraid of the buggy.
(c) He does not want to leave the coon in the tree.
(d) He is not tired and hungry.
4. How long does it take Billy to catch his first raccoon in the traps?
(a) Exactly one week.
(b) More than a month.
(c) One day.
(d) More than a week.
5. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
(a) The female dog is larger than the male dog.
(b) Both dogs are larger than he expected.
(c) The male dog is larger than the female dog.
(d) Both of the dogs are smaller than he expected.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy do to gather strength when he believes he can no longer chop the tree down?
2. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
3. Who helps Billy train the puppies?
4. What does Billy's mother think has happened to him when he comes home yelling after visiting the traps in Chapter 7?
5. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)