|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy react when the women in Tahlequah criticize him while walking through town with his puppies?
(a) He gets into a fight with the women.
(b) He begins crying.
(c) He ignores their comments.
(d) He makes fun of the feathers in their hats.
2. Why does Old Dan leave Billy's home during the night in Chapter 9?
(a) To find Little Ann.
(b) To return to the tree where the coon is.
(c) To track another coon.
(d) To swim in the river.
3. What does Billy's grandfather suggest in Chapter 9 the boy do to keep the coon in the tree while he goes home to rest?
(a) Construct and place a scarecrow at the base of the tree.
(b) Command the dogs to lie down at the base of the tree.
(c) Take the dogs home with him.
(d) Tie the dogs to the tree.
4. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
(a) Lend Billy the money to purchase the puppies.
(b) Keep Billy's plan to purchase the puppies a secret.
(c) Place the order for the dogs.
(d) Contact the kennel to make sure they are still in business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose bragging helps build Billy's reputation as a hunter?
2. What does Billy's grandfather tell him that raccoons cannot resist?
3. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
4. What fear must Billy help the puppies overcome?
5. How many traps does Billy set up near the river in Chapter 7?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)