|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Billy's grandfather keep for him?
(a) His plan to save money to order the hound puppies.
(b) His hound puppy purchase.
(c) His continued interest in getting two puppies.
(d) His plan to run away from home to become a hunter.
2. What does Billy's mother think has happened to him when he comes home yelling after visiting the traps in Chapter 7?
(a) He has been bitten by a raccoon.
(b) He has caught a raccoon.
(c) He has been bitten by a snake.
(d) One of the puppies has become injured.
3. How does Rainie Pritchard characterize Billy's grandfather?
(a) As fair.
(b) As dishonest.
(c) As wealthy.
(d) As mean.
4. What did Billy bring to Tahlequah to carry the puppies home in?
(a) A gunny sack.
(b) A backpack.
(c) A box.
(d) A wagon.
5. What item does Billy need to train the dogs as trackers?
(b) A whistle.
(c) A raccoon.
(d) A coon skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Billy to catch his first raccoon in the traps?
2. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
3. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
4. Why does Billy apologize to the sycamore tree?
5. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)