|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy do to gather strength when he believes he can no longer chop the tree down?
(a) He looks at the faces of his two dogs.
(b) He prays to God for strength.
(c) He rests and eats a hot meal.
(d) He asks his father for help.
2. Why does Old Dan leave Billy's home during the night in Chapter 9?
(a) To return to the tree where the coon is.
(b) To track another coon.
(c) To find Little Ann.
(d) To swim in the river.
3. How long does it take Billy to catch his first raccoon in the traps?
(a) Exactly one week.
(b) More than a month.
(c) One day.
(d) More than a week.
4. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
(a) By not asking him for the puppies any longer.
(b) By working in the fields with him.
(c) By taking care of his sisters.
(d) By performing chores around the house.
5. Why does Billy's mother punish him in Chapter 7?
(a) For taking a tin can from the junk pile without permission.
(b) For going hunting without permission.
(c) For leaving to pick up the puppies without telling her.
(d) For using her good scissors to cut a tin can.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
2. Where does the "ghost coon" ultimately head for at the end of Chapter 12?
3. What does Mama do to help alleviate the muscle pain Billy is experiencing in Chapter 9?
4. How does Billy's grandfather help him get the item he needs to train the dogs as trackers?
5. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)