|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy's grandfather help him get the item he needs to train the dogs as trackers?
(a) He teaches Billy how to create a trap using a log, nails and a piece of tin.
(b) He gives Billy hunting traps to use.
(c) He gives Billy one he had from when he was a boy.
(d) He purchases one for Billy from a local hunter.
2. What does Billy's grandfather tell Billy he will need to have to finish cutting down the tree?
(a) Focus and determination.
(b) A new ax.
(c) Determination and will power.
(d) Faith in God.
3. Why does Old Dan not want to get into Billy's grandfather's buggy in Chapter 9?
(a) He does not want to leave Little Ann.
(b) He is afraid of the buggy.
(c) He is not tired and hungry.
(d) He does not want to leave the coon in the tree.
4. What does Mama do to help alleviate the muscle pain Billy is experiencing in Chapter 9?
(a) Tells him to rest.
(b) Gives him a hot bath and a massage.
(c) Gives him a folk medicine pain reliever.
(d) Gives him aspirin.
5. Where does Billy camp with the puppies in Chapter 5?
(a) Just outside of Tahlequah,
(b) In an abandoned building.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
2. Who helps Billy train the puppies?
3. Where does the "ghost coon" ultimately head for at the end of Chapter 12?
4. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
5. Why does Old Dan leave Billy's home during the night in Chapter 9?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)