|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
(b) Talking to another child.
(c) Caring for his canary.
(d) Putting the puppies.
2. Why does Little Ann stop barking when she trees the "ghost coon"?
(a) She is waiting for Billy to arrive.
(b) She has lost his scent.
(c) She is waiting for Old Dan to arrive.
(d) She is unsure that he is actually in the tree.
3. What does Billy's mother think has happened to him when he comes home yelling after visiting the traps in Chapter 7?
(a) He has been bitten by a snake.
(b) He has been bitten by a raccoon.
(c) He has caught a raccoon.
(d) One of the puppies has become injured.
4. What happens to Dan when he and the raccoon fight?
(a) His paw is cut.
(b) He is bit by the raccoon.
(c) He is fine. The raccoon is injured.
(d) His nose is split open.
5. What challenge do the Pritchard boys pose for Billy and the dogs?
(a) Selling the most pelts.
(b) Treeing the "ghost coon."
(c) Catching more raccoons than they have caught.
(d) Catching the biggest raccoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
2. What does Mama do to help alleviate the muscle pain Billy is experiencing in Chapter 9?
3. What fear must Billy help the puppies overcome?
4. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
5. What reason does Billy's father provide for Billy's inability to catch a raccoon in his new traps?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)